#1 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:27 AM

Welcome To My Blog!

In this blog I highly doubt I'll talk about my personal life BUT I will talk about past experiences. The point of this blog is to really express myself in a musical sense.  I want to tell you how certain songs/lyrics made me feel.

I want to show how I get over break ups. How I feel joy. How I feel angry. All through the use of music. I listen to all types of music besides heavy metal.

When I was 16, I was an all A's student. Did great in school and made my parents proud. I had a good attitude all the things a parent could ask for. My brother's and sisters all had their degrees and masters. I had to compete with them. So I did all the asked. I had friends I would do anything for. If they called I would be ready and waiting. Some people even hated me. They called me "Miss Perfect." I would admit that I'm somewhat a perfectionist. But with all that said, I forgot about myself. I wanted to be "Miss Perfect" and do all they asked. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if to go to college, if to go into the working world and with everyone pressuring me to do something with myself and plus I had just gotten out of a relationship @ 16. I became depressed that is until I heard a Rihanna song called "Question Existing" and to be honest it spoke to me in more ways that one. I'll break down some the lyrics and explain.

Take off my shirt, loosen the buttons and undo my skirt
Stare at myself in the mirror
Take me apart, piece by piece
Sorrow decrease, pressure release

When I listened to this first verse I shed a tear. It told me to let me go self for a change. Look at my life and examine myself and try to find what I was doing wrong. Why am I not happy?

I put in work
Did more than called upon, more than deserved
When it was over, did I wind up hurt?
Yes, but it taught me, before a decision, ask this question first

This reminded me of all the work I did for people or my so called friends. I was always on call. It also reminded me of my boyfriend at the time who we had just broken up. In the end I was hurt by betrayal and deceit.

Who am I living for?
Is this my limit? Can I endure some more?
Chances are given, question existing
Who am I living for?
Is this my limit? Can I endure some more?
Chances are given, question existing

At this point is what really sent me into an array of emotions. I began asking myself these questions. Can I endure some more? Who am I living for? Is it me? My friends? My parents?

Take off my cool
Show them that under here, I'm just like you
Do the mistakes that may make me a fool
Or a human with loss

This verse is what I wanted to say to people who thought me to be perfect. I make mistakes too. I'm just like you. I'm not some perfect girl. I'm not even good at math. I broke multiple things belonging to my mom. I spilt drink. I said things that shouldn't be said. I made mistakes.

And with them a loss, round of applause
Take the abuse, sometimes it feels like they want me to lose
It's entertainment, is that an excuse?
No, but the question that lingers, whether win or lose

The final verse(not really but the other lyrics are just the chorus)is what hit the nail on the head. I had often felt in that time of my life that some of my friends wanted me to fail. To confine me to their dreams of me failing. Sometimes they even laughed behind my back but the last line in this verse drove it home for me. Whether to win or lose? Do I give in and fail or do something worthwhile with my life and show them I can be a better person than they are.

In all the song made me realize what my priorities were. Who I should trust. That I should live for myself and not anyone else. I realized I have one life and instead of wasting it away on doing what people wanted me to do. I made my own goal and path. Today I'm successful. I have a great job, and I own my own home at 22.

Note: This all happened when I was 16-17. I'll share more each day. :) Feel free to post about how songs made you feel in certain situations. I would love to hear.

Edited by Baka chan, 19 September 2014 - 02:28 AM.

#2 *- ZerΩ -*

*- ZerΩ -*

D E J A V U

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:Sports-> Football,Basketball
    Video Games,The Mentalist,Supernatural..etc

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

Wow im 20 the only goal i have achieved is to pick my nose..... :sweatdrop:

Congrats to you! :)

tumblr_n09oo96JLS1sqdj5ko1_500.jpg

#3 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

Wow im 20 the only goal i have achieved is to pick my nose..... :sweatdrop:
Congrats to you! :)

There is nothing wrong with that tbh. You're still young and strong. I know a woman that is at least 50 and is still going to school. Just work hard and put in effort.

#4 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:40 PM

Ooh I like this song :3

I really like how you reflected the lyrics to your own life. Very creative! Nice blog, you write very thoughtfully :)

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#5 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

Ooh I like this song :3

I really like how you reflected the lyrics to your own life. Very creative! Nice blog, you write very thoughtfully :)

Omg thank you! I write stuff on FANFICTION.net too. Feel free to check out one of my NS stories. "In The Sun"( I'm shamelessly promoting LOL)

#6 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:35 PM

I'm sure many of us had unrequited loves like Hinata or Sakura. I for one had one. He was my best friend. I wanted to be more than a friend but ofcourse he was oblivious like Naruto and Sasuke. So I listened to a song by one of my most fav artist, JoJo.

Just a friend
Thats all Ive ever been to you
Oh, just a girl
Who wants to be the center of your world

First verse: I wanted to be more than a friend but all I was to him was just his best friend. I wanted to be the center of his world.

But I aint got much to offer but my heart and soul
And I guess thats not enough for you to notice me
Im just your girl
And I guess thats all Ill ever be to you, to you, you

This is pretty self-explanatory. He never noticed the HINTS. Oh, GOD I gave him so many hints but to no avail he didn't notice.

I'll try to smile when I see other girls with you
Acting like everything is okay but oh
You dont know how it feels to be so in love
With someone who doesnt even know my secret love

Same as above. He dated many girls obviously it hurt to know that it wasn't me. I acted like everything was ok but on the inside I was a jealous wreck! I loved him so much.

In my dreams
I see us both together constantly
Why cant you see
This love thats here for you inside of me, ohh, yeah

Best part of sleeping was dreaming of him. I dreamed of him sometimes and when I did it was so sweet.

What do I have to do for you to notice this
You look at her with love, with me its just friendship
Im just your girl
And I guess thats all Ill ever be to you, to you

At this point I gave up on him. I realized he would never notice me. I wanted to be more than a friend.

However, as we grew up I didn't love him like I used. I guess it was a crush or something but the irony is that I didn't want him anymore but he wanted me. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users