54175 replies to this topic

#54121 luans7

luans7

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 August 2023 - 06:19 AM

I have the impression that Pierrot pays for bots to defend Boruto. This happens because recently there has been a discussion on Twitter that everything in the Boruto anime is canonical, and there are no fillers, based solely on the statements of the writers that everything is endorsed by Kishimoto, which supposedly makes all events canonical. They seem to ignore the fact that Pierrot conveniently erased elements from "The Last" when necessary. Additionally, there is a group of people that appears to be composed of bots, excessively defending the Uchiha family with questionable arguments, and even resorting to using novels that sometimes resemble fanfics.

When I visit the profiles of these individuals, it feels like I've entered a fantasy world, where Sasuke's personality seems to have come out of some generic shoujo anime. The majority of these profiles were created exactly in 2017, the year when the anime came to an end and the couple in question faced a lot of criticism.

Edited by luans7, 25 August 2023 - 06:20 AM.

#54122 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 25 August 2023 - 04:42 PM

I have the impression that Pierrot pays for bots to defend Boruto. This happens because recently there has been a discussion on Twitter that everything in the Boruto anime is canonical, and there are no fillers, based solely on the statements of the writers that everything is endorsed by Kishimoto, which supposedly makes all events canonical. They seem to ignore the fact that Pierrot conveniently erased elements from "The Last" when necessary. Additionally, there is a group of people that appears to be composed of bots, excessively defending the Uchiha family with questionable arguments, and even resorting to using novels that sometimes resemble fanfics.

When I visit the profiles of these individuals, it feels like I've entered a fantasy world, where Sasuke's personality seems to have come out of some generic shoujo anime. The majority of these profiles were created exactly in 2017, the year when the anime came to an end and the couple in question faced a lot of criticism.

That doesn't seem too farfetched. Some studios seem to do that a LOT.

#54123 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 26 August 2023 - 10:28 AM

Did the author try to deceive fans who preferred the 'Narusaku' relationship, instead of developing the 'NaruHina' couple? If this was indeed Kishimoto's intention, I find that he is much worse at developing romance than I had imagined. I believe he attempted to emulate romantic elements from 'Slam Dunk', but in the end, he seemed to adopt the approach of 'Akira', where unexpected couples were formed at the conclusion of the work.

An example of a couple that surprised many was Vegeta and Bulma, which became quite popular, unlike Sasuke-Sakura and Naruto-Hinata, which grew less and less popular. If he wanted to avoid scrutiny, it would have been simpler for him to not explicitly demonstrate the protagonist's feelings, as was the case in 'Bleach'. However, even this approach had its complications for the author.

He most likely copied the love triangle in dai no daibouken but nh and ss were so popular he sold out

#54124 luans7

luans7

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 August 2023 - 08:27 PM

He most likely copied the love triangle in dai no daibouken but nh and ss were so popular he sold out

I perceive more similarities between Slam Dunk and Naruto than between Daibouken. This is because the character Sasuke resembles Rukawa from Slam Dunk a lot; both have fangirls within the work, and their interactions with the protagonists are quite similar. Additionally, the romantic interest of the protagonist reacts negatively when the protagonist does something that harms their rival. Kishimoto seems to have introduced characters like Lee liking Sakura, Ino liking Sasuke, and Hinata liking Naruto to divert attention from the love triangle.

The biggest difference between Haruko (Slam Dunk) and Sakura (Naruto) is that the female protagonist of Slam Dunk is not a fangirl of Rukawa, and this even becomes a joke within the work. She helps the protagonist evolve, unlike Sakura, in which the author chose to make her an exaggerated fangirl and not contribute much to the protagonist's progress at the beginning of the story.

Edited by luans7, 26 August 2023 - 08:33 PM.

#54125 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 29 August 2023 - 01:46 AM

It's a quote from a post at the CloTi blog that I frequent.  The poster was trying to gaslight the blogger (who does not read or watch Naruto) by establishing a false equivalency between Clerith and NaruSaku on the basis that the line from the OG FFVII about how Cloud's mom wanted him to get with a "mature woman who would keep him out of trouble"  is the same as when Kushina told Naruto that he should marry a girl similar to her (or in other translations, not marry the first "weird girl" that shows an interest in him). Basically arguing that it is meant to be a subversion of the MCs going against their parents' wants by getting with women that differ from what their mothers suggested, which is completely off the mark. The comparison is flawed simply because the poster misinterprets that Cloud's mom was describing Aerith (because of the mistranslated "older" line and was properly translated in the Remake), when the conversation was all about Tifa(who Cloud has been in love with since he was a kid). So, in both cases, it's actually foreshadowing of who they would end up with in the future(or in Naruto's case, who he would've been with if not for Shueisha and Pierrot's executive meddling).     

It's sad that the poster clearly believes in that "It was planned from the beginning"  schtick that anyone who actually followed Kishimoto's interviews(or just read the manga without NaruHina shipping goggles) would know were BS. 

As a Clerith fan, maybe it's best to leave Cloti out of this.  :sweat: I gotta disagree with what you're saying here, especially with the mother translation lines. But I don't want to bring shipping discourse from another fandom here. Especially when there's a lot of mistranslations and translation bias in that fandom. I'm pretty active in that fandom and the shipping wars are just as bad, if not worse than the Naruto ones.
I'm a bit prickly about the fandom because I had like a bunch Cloti shippers jump on me and start bashing me simply because I mentioned in a conversation that was among Clerith fans that I found the series to pointed to Clerith. Lol

Needless to say, best not to compare any other outside ships to NaruSaku.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 29 August 2023 - 02:04 AM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#54126 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 02 September 2023 - 08:59 AM

https://e-shop.tokyo.../gNARUTO200056/
Interesting pic chosen for a new acrylic that was officially released

#54127 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 September 2023 - 05:29 PM

Canonical material is ALWAYS ignored, that's how we got here. The Last ignored much of Naruto's source material, and Boruto now does the same thing with IT, despite the fact that the title character never would have existed if not for "The Last". Here is the thing, what is ignored is always subjective to what people WANT to see. You hear fans arguing all the time for instance that any filler scene with Sakura  is ONLY filler and should never be a valid argued for but then they take filler moments with Hinata and attribute that as part of Kishimoto's literary genius. Let's not forget they twist facts around to suit them, such as no matter HOW romantic the implications are with Naruto and Sakura in certain moments they only see each other as brother and sister. Then the Last says that Naruto DID love Sakura but it was shallow selfish as an attempt to win against Sasuke, so he mistook it as genuine love for her. So even if it is not bots, this delusional, demented fan base and the individuals WRITING the series currently certainly give the impression.

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 September 2023 - 12:09 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#54128 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 03 October 2023 - 02:41 AM

https://karinakamich...rallels-between

509356167_759751.gif?4

#54129 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 04 October 2023 - 04:15 PM

Found these videos talking about everything wrong with the ss and nh relationship

https://youtu.be/xKY...2sH1e_cIsXLlRCH

https://youtu.be/hLz...l_GQYBPzMjk_wrj

#54130 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 04 October 2023 - 04:18 PM

The only thing people care about these days, 🙄

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#54131 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 October 2023 - 04:47 PM

Found these videos talking about everything wrong with the ss and nh relationship

https://youtu.be/xKY...2sH1e_cIsXLlRCH

https://youtu.be/hLz...l_GQYBPzMjk_wrj

Oh gee, I WONDER WHAAAAAT is wrong with the relationships........... (stares at the manga pre-692)

Surely it has nothing to do with it being pulled out of the @$$, incompatible personalities (Naruto is a man child and Hinata passively enables it) shallowness (Sakura drooled over Sasuke's HAWTNESS, and not him as a person, Hinata vicariously wanted to be confident like Naruto despite being branded as a failure, and never looked at him as a person either) lack of investment on the relationship on the men's part (Do Naruto and Sasuke look to be "in love with" their wives to you?) etc. etc. IT'S ALL IN OUR HEADS, BECAUSE WE ARE SALTY STUPID NARUSAKU FANS, that don't appreciate the genius of the story that is Naruto Uzumaki falling in love with his soulmate, Hinata Hyuga!!!!!!!!!  :zaru: *Blow my brains out* 

Serious question. Does anyone else here feel it is too late to complain now? As I stated years ago. Just give it a rest and move on. I wonder why anyone sticks with the series at this point if they realize or already understood how bad it is currently. All of this analysis of the NH's and SS' relationships is done to death and guess what, you don't need to be a certified RELATIONSHIP THERAPIST to see what is wrong with these couples. This is old news to anyone that actually reads manga/watches anime on the regular or actually sits down to think "IS THIS what I want in a relationship?"

*I'm not aiming any of this at you you Bluestar, Just want to make that clear*

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 October 2023 - 04:52 PM.

#54132 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 04 October 2023 - 05:15 PM

Noted I think it fine to do some video and articles now and then to point out the problems to to newcomers so they see it isn't one-sided as some nh and ss fans make it out to be.

To be fair luckychi she talks about other stuff not just shipping.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 04 October 2023 - 05:19 PM.

#54133 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 October 2023 - 05:55 AM

Still don't know who "metal lee"'s mom is either... Even apart from shipping boruto is poorly written imo. But look at teen titans go ... Sometimes people seem to prefer a lack of a story

#54134 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 05 October 2023 - 10:07 AM

Oh gee, I WONDER WHAAAAAT is wrong with the relationships........... (stares at the manga pre-692)

Surely it has nothing to do with it being pulled out of the @$$, incompatible personalities (Naruto is a man child and Hinata passively enables it) shallowness (Sakura drooled over Sasuke's HAWTNESS, and not him as a person, Hinata vicariously wanted to be confident like Naruto despite being branded as a failure, and never looked at him as a person either) lack of investment on the relationship on the men's part (Do Naruto and Sasuke look to be "in love with" their wives to you?) etc. etc. IT'S ALL IN OUR HEADS, BECAUSE WE ARE SALTY STUPID NARUSAKU FANS, that don't appreciate the genius of the story that is Naruto Uzumaki falling in love with his soulmate, Hinata Hyuga!!!!!!!!!  :zaru: *Blow my brains out* 

Serious question. Does anyone else here feel it is too late to complain now? As I stated years ago. Just give it a rest and move on. I wonder why anyone sticks with the series at this point if they realize or already understood how bad it is currently. All of this analysis of the NH's and SS' relationships is done to death and guess what, you don't need to be a certified RELATIONSHIP THERAPIST to see what is wrong with these couples. This is old news to anyone that actually reads manga/watches anime on the regular or actually sits down to think "IS THIS what I want in a relationship?"

*I'm not aiming any of this at you you Bluestar, Just want to make that clear*

True enough.  The only thing revelatory about the repeated analyses is that a wider portion of the western fandom seems to finally be catching on and accepting what we've been saying here for nearly a decade now: That NaruHina x SasuSaku are toxic, stagnant, and incompatible. Also, that the "Hinata is a goddess" rhetoric seems to be fading.

Edited by Kagomaru, 05 October 2023 - 11:06 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#54135 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 06 October 2023 - 12:32 AM

True enough.  The only thing revelatory about the repeated analyses is that a wider portion of the western fandom seems to finally be catching on and accepting what we've been saying here for nearly a decade now: That NaruHina x SasuSaku are toxic, stagnant, and incompatible. Also, that the "Hinata is a goddess" rhetoric seems to be fading.

I do think many of them are now growing up and finding out what real kittening relationships are like. They are nothing like SS or NH and as we have tried telling them over the years how bad both pairings are and how they make no sense.

For the female fans who desperately wanted a dark prince to save and heal aka SS they are reaching the age which they can now see Sasuke was a prick who Sakura shouldnt have gave a kitten about after all the crap he did to her.

The NH fans are learning as they get older Hinata has nothing but being a yes girl for Naruto.

I do think many will still say SS and NH were the greatest thing to ever happen in the Manga, but as the readers get older many will start to change their views. Do you think when they reach 40 and have children and see how they act they will still think NH and SS are all that amazing? I dont think they will I think they will look back at this and know how stupid they were for think this.

Not all mind you we know many will always simp over Hinata and Sasuke thinking they were done perfectly.

Sorry for any mistakes I did this on my phone.

Edited by TheFirstEvil100, 06 October 2023 - 12:33 AM.

#54136 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 03:13 PM

Yeah and despite how angry I seem I can at least acknowledge that opinions are shifting. However I'm really unsympathetic to any that "see the light" now because it was the initial attitudes of this vocal minority that ruined this series that I spent over a decade emotionally investing my self into only for it to turn to kitten BECAUSE of said vocal minority and the nutcases that allowed it and promoted it because they all imagine themselves vicariously banging Hinata Hyuga. No amount of "seeing the error of their ways or how garbage the series has become" will ever change that fact. Naruto has been ruined because they couldn't keep their traps shut and stop thinking with "in between their legs". If that sounds harsh, It's no skin off my nose. IT WAS their illogical ranting and hating on Sakura and over idolizing Hinata that led to this trash heap, and it ruined Naruto for EVERYONE. Again no amount of realization will ever change that. Even if Kishimoto decides to reboot the series it will never erase the pain and betrayal I felt back then and I won't go back to Naruto even if it were to happen. But that is just me. Ultimately what I'm saying is, can I accept what they are saying and that they see the illogical fallacies of NH and SS now? Sure. Does it change anything or will it change anything? I highly doubt it. And what particularly makes me upset is if any of these opinions come from a former Hinata hierophant influencer acting like they do not understand the damage they did by speaking out their baloney on social media and are only changing tune when they realized giving Hinata what she wanted was not what was good for the story, if even the authorities that own the Naruto property realize that Hinata had so little going on with Naruto that they had to make bull kitten up to get them together and make all of the main trio look worse off and hypocritical about it. Stating opposite views now will never erase that they are partially responsible for Naruto heading into the direction it does so their criticisms to me ring especially shallow. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 October 2023 - 11:34 PM.

#54137 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 October 2023 - 02:08 AM

I do think many of them are now growing up and finding out what real kittening relationships are like. They are nothing like SS or NH and as we have tried telling them over the years how bad both pairings are and how they make no sense.

For the female fans who desperately wanted a dark prince to save and heal aka SS they are reaching the age which they can now see Sasuke was a prick who Sakura shouldnt have gave a kitten about after all the crap he did to her.

The NH fans are learning as they get older Hinata has nothing but being a yes girl for Naruto.

I do think many will still say SS and NH were the greatest thing to ever happen in the Manga, but as the readers get older many will start to change their views. Do you think when they reach 40 and have children and see how they act they will still think NH and SS are all that amazing? I dont think they will I think they will look back at this and know how stupid they were for think this.

Not all mind you we know many will always simp over Hinata and Sasuke thinking they were done perfectly.

Nicely said! And it is true, as well as it showing how the people in Studio Pierrot seem to not grt how real relationships work if they had to mess with something good like what Kishimoto was cooking with NS and even SK.

#54138 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 11 October 2023 - 04:41 AM

Question, what was wrong with Sakura falling in love with Naruto? What was wrong with her changing her feelings? 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#54139 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 October 2023 - 09:45 AM

Question, what was wrong with Sakura falling in love with Naruto? What was wrong with her changing her feelings?

Nothing. People just wanted her out of the way because they assumed Hinata "deserved" Naruto.

#54140 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 October 2023 - 08:14 PM

Nothing. People just wanted her out of the way because they assumed Hinata "deserved" Naruto.

Ditto

Again, they can admit their mistakes, but it doesn't change anything. The story ended up being kitten and is still kitten to this day and they are partially responsible for it. So, still shallow to me. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 October 2023 - 09:17 PM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), Facebook (1)