148 replies to this topic

#41 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (narunarunaru @ Mar 7 2012, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can prove she's not useless. We can't prove she's not weak. The Zetsu fight will be a nonfactor because all the rookie nine's have shown to one-panel more than one Zetsus. The most recent battle Sakura had was with Karui and Omoi, which she was one-paneled with a single kick. This is not what we expect from a strong character. Not to mention, for a medic nin, her top skills should be in dodging. Her top skills were easily countered by Omoi, who is not so high-level(around Sai or Neji). Add to the fact that she supposedly got training from a Kage level shinobi on dodging. As of now we can't prove it.

Sorry if I'm wrong, but didn't Naruto finish off Kimmimaro and Chiyo? Remember he went to the battlefield and encountered them? And since all the battlefields were said to be "done" I had a feeling that those two were finished off already.

Speaking of Chiyo, I am genuinely curious is she can use the resurrection jutsu in the Edo Tensei form. It'd be like a walking collection of unlimited Phoenix Downs, especially if the body just reformed after use instead of having to redo Edo Tensei.

I suspect it doesn't work like that and, at best, even if she can you have to completely recast Edo Tensei (and thus kill somebody else).

EDIT: Not to mention it being a really cruel thing to do someone.

#42 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Poor Tsunade... I expected her to last longer than that in the fight, but then again Madara is pretty powerful, and there's always a way she can heal herself from that attack. It looks as though Itachi, and Kabuto are going to go at it, and what role will Sasuke play in this? Will he help his brother or Kabuto, or just kill them both?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#43 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (narunarunaru @ Mar 7 2012, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry if I'm wrong, but didn't Naruto finish off Kimmimaro and Chiyo? Remember he went to the battlefield and encountered them? And since all the battlefields were said to be "done" I had a feeling that those two were finished off already.

I don't remember him encountering them ever. Even if he did, my disappointment will still be there. Why? They both are potential to show character development for other characters (mainly Sakura and Lee); plus, both of them are just plain awesome (that, of course, is totally my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact). If Naruto beat them both off-panel or is only implied to have done it or did it in a panel or two, then that's extreme laziness on Kishi's part. If he wasn't going to do anything productive with them, then he shouldn't have brought them back in the first place.

Also, Kimimaro was more powerful than people give him credit for. He was extremely powerful with his illness; now that he's basically immortal and isn't sick, what he could be capable of is staggering. Scary as hell. If Kishi deals/dealt with such an enormous threat off-panel (not to mention someone who had an actual impact on the storyline before), then...yeah. Laziness and a waste of an opportunity.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 07 March 2012 - 07:16 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#44 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

I think Tsunade will be able to hang on a while longer, as she's using her regenerative jutsu. But she won't last much longer after the fight, as the jutsu reduces her lifespan. I'm hoping she'll be able to hang on long enough to have one last meeting with Naruto and Sakura!

As for Kabuto, it does seem that the only way Itachi (or Sasuke) could stop him is to use his genjutsu. If Sasuke were to overwhelm Kabuto, he could take the undead army as his own and summon his clan back to life. The scroll that Suigetsu discovered could be connected to that.

Of course, it won't be as easy as that, knowing Kabuto. I wonder what else he has up his sleeve?

#45 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

I find it kinda funny that no other Uchiha has been seen yet.

#46 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (dokueki(venom) @ Mar 7 2012, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it kinda funny that no other Uchiha has been seen yet.

Would you really want the whole Uchiha clan to be revived and maybe able to do what Itachi did and break the Edo Tensei? I wouldnt.

Also Still think Tsunade is going to live she's not one for going down that easily she's like a female Jiraiya.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#47 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Ah well. He kittened with the medic, now no one's getting back up. Smart.

#48 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Anyone else see Madara vs Tobi coming up? Don't know why, but it seems that Kishi is about to get really crazy.

Also, it seems like Sakura will follow her master's footsteps, because a medic ninja can only fight if they have the Byakugou. Meaning all of Sakura's strength is now worthless due to Kishi being a TERRIBLE writer, or Sakura is gonna be all like, "hey Tsunade, look what I studied from you and sneakily learned behind your back... CHA!".

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#49 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Mar 7 2012, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I initially thought it was backwards looking; a justification as to why she has had zero feature fights since Sasori (and minimum combat in general since Part 2). But, yeah, it's just as good looking forward.

I already commented on this one. I get the feeling it isn't "good looking forward", just because of the number of times something was presented as "impossible" to Naruto, and having him do it anyways.

With rules set up to keep Sakura out of the fight, Kishimoto is just setting up an obstacle for Sakura overcome. (But I've been wrong before.)

#50 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

At least Tsunade proved she can pulverize Madara like a grape. cool.gif I hope she lives and maybe she will with her Byakugou (Mitotic regeneration) active. I hope. Cause I like Tsunade and want her to alive to see Naruto as Hokage. But I also say she has suffered enough and if she MUST die she can at least be with the people she loves most. shamefulcry0js.gif

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Mar 7 2012, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't remember him encountering them ever. Even if he did, my disappointment will still be there. Why? They both are potential to show character development for other characters (mainly Sakura and Lee); plus, both of them are just plain awesome (that, of course, is totally my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact). If Naruto beat them both off-panel or is only implied to have done it or did it in a panel or two, then that's extreme laziness on Kishi's part. If he wasn't going to do anything productive with them, then he shouldn't have brought them back in the first place.

Also, Kimimaro was more powerful than people give him credit for. He was extremely powerful with his illness; now that he's basically immortal and isn't sick, what he could be capable of is staggering. Scary as hell. If Kishi deals/dealt with such an enormous threat off-panel (not to mention someone who had an actual impact on the storyline before), then...yeah. Laziness and a waste of an opportunity.

Same can be said about A LOT of characters that were brought back but we never saw dry.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 March 2012 - 09:18 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

At first I was like, "Woot woot! Tsunade!"
But then I was like, "Aww... Tsunade..." I hope this isn't the end for her.
Anyway, I agree with those who said that those rules just seem like excuses for Sakura not to fight. That's really disappointing, if it turns out to be true. I was really looking forward to her having her own battle...

It kind of seems like Madara has a crush on Hashirama lol.

I wonder what'll happen with Kabuto, Itachi, and Sasuke. It's sure to be interesting, with a laughing Kabuto and whatnot. Itachi sort of reminded me of Shikamaru in that last panel, with the "geez..." Heh.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#52 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Mar 7 2012, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you really want the whole Uchiha clan to be revived and maybe able to do what Itachi did and break the Edo Tensei? I wouldnt.

Also Still think Tsunade is going to live she's not one for going down that easily she's like a female Jiraiya.

I wouldn't want them back either. My point being is that Kabuto fears the Uchihas and that might give Itachi a chance of realsing the Edo Tensei.

#53 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Mar 7 2012, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I already commented on this one. I get the feeling it isn't "good looking forward", just because of the number of times something was presented as "impossible" to Naruto, and having him do it anyways.

With rules set up to keep Sakura out of the fight, Kishimoto is just setting up an obstacle for Sakura overcome. (But I've been wrong before.)

But nothing is being presented as impossible here.

This rule isn't some archaic tradition that's unfair, unjust, or based on outdated assumptions about people. It's not the Hyuuga branding, it's not something that makes her a loser or even really holds her back. It's not portrayed as something she can't do.

This rule make sense. A medic in the field fighting is (1) a medic not providing the support services they were trained specifically to provide (services that Kishimoto has gone out of his way to portray as valuable) and (2) increase the odds they will die simply by being there and a dead medic is also one not providing those services.

I would doubt that Tsunade put that in place to simply hold Sakura back or because she thought medic-nin we incapable of fighting. In fact, the rule says absolutely nothing about that. I believe that set has far more to do with the value Tsunade places on that skill set (given her history) and is not meant to say anything at all about fighting ability. In her younger days ninja placed no value on medics and all value on fighting. It was what she fought to change.

What's rather odd about the inclusion of the rules now is that Sakura had already violated them before they were even stated. Unless Sakura knew the technique prior to fighting Sasori, she violated that ages ago. She has tried to engaged Sasuke twice.

So...what's she overcoming? She blew right past that the moment she fought Sasori.

Kishimoto could do what you say, but I wouldn't be terribly impressed with her overcoming an obstacle that isn't one and that she has already overcome.

I think Tsunade will be able to hang on a while longer, as she's using her regenerative jutsu. But she won't last much longer after the fight, as the jutsu reduces her lifespan. I'm hoping she'll be able to hang on long enough to have one last meeting with Naruto and Sakura!

If she dies, I think she will live long enough to provide to transfer the title of Hokage. Even though the village feelings to Naruto have changed, technically speaking, leaves a vacuum of power that could be filled in a way she doesn't want. Remember Danzou? The other, bigger reason, is great drama and symbolic toward one of his central themes.

#54 redkunai66

redkunai66

chopstick stilts

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Mar 7 2012, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said man- took the words right outta my mouth

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Mar 7 2012, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least Tsunade proved she can pulverize Madara like a grape. cool.gif I hope she lives and maybe she will with her Byakugou (Mitotic regeneration) active. I hope. Cause I like Tsunade and want her to alive to see Naruto as Hokage. But I also say she has suffered enough and if she MUST die she can at least be with the people she loves most. shamefulcry0js.gif

Same can be said about A LOT of characters that were brought back but we never saw dry.gif

which ones?- like seriously- every edo tensaied person has been dealt with somehow in the panels :/

but I get what you mean- maybe kishi feels that sakura and rock lee are developed enough- which is why he had naruto finish them off.
I just don't like it- Assuma was worth bringing back to develope chouji further- but chiyo and kimiharro aren't for sakura or Rock lee? Hizashi for Neji? And if Dan's brought back because he's to develope tsunada-does that mean if Tsunada dies, she'll walk into the afterlife happy-go-lucky with Dan? icky
*sigh* maybe all of them are all suppose to be treated as side characters in comparison to naruto and sasuke- it's still irk worthy though.

QUOTE (mydearbeloved @ Mar 7 2012, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At first I was like, "Woot woot! Tsunade!"
But then I was like, "Aww... Tsunade..." I hope this isn't the end for her.
Anyway, I agree with those who said that those rules just seem like excuses for Sakura not to fight. That's really disappointing, if it turns out to be true. I was really looking forward to her having her own battle...

It kind of seems like Madara has a crush on Hashirama lol.

I wonder what'll happen with Kabuto, Itachi, and Sasuke. It's sure to be interesting, with a laughing Kabuto and whatnot. Itachi sort of reminded me of Shikamaru in that last panel, with the "geez..." Heh.

hahaha- man the nut case wouldn't shut up about hashirama since the start- he'll probably still ramble about him even when he dies

#55 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

If Tsunade goes, who takes over? I dont think Naruto would, he isnt mature enough to handle teh powa. As for the chapter, I dont think Tsunade is out for the count yet. She has mitotic regeneration still. Besides all of this, Itachi found Kabuto too easily.

#56 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

I sort of have split feelings about Tsunade dying. I definitely want her to see Naruto become Hokage, but like Zac, I'd also like to see AT LEAST one casualty that isn't some nameless fodder nin. The Alliance has already lost 50,000 ninja, and yet, coincidentally, not a single one was introduced more than a few panels or pages before his/her death. It's really making it hard for me to take this Ninja War seriously. And since Kishi's sort of made it clear that he doesn't intend to kill off any characters in Naruto's generation (other than maybe Sasuke, depending on what happens with Kabuto and Itachi), I'd say Tsunade's the best bet right now.

As for if she's gonna be killed off right away, I'm sure she'll hold on for a bit longer. I'll need to reread the chapters, but I'm pretty sure both Asuma and Jiraiya had 'almost deaths' before they really died, so I'm guessing she'll pull another move or two before goin' down. But that's assuming Kishi's really planning on killing her off.

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Mar 7 2012, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will be immensely pissed off if Kishi either forgot or refuses to use Chiyo and Kimimaro.

Ugh. Tell me about it. I was really hoping to see them and Mangetsu get some battles before the final fights started. It's so much wasted potential character development for Sakura, Juugo, and Suigetsu.

Unfortunately, I'm kind of getting the impression that Hizashi and Dan are the only Edo Tensei nin left. Or at the very least, anyone who's left is gonna get a quick one-panel re-death once Kabuto is defeated/controlled. Madara, Tobi, and Kabutomaru are all fighting right now (or about to), and it'd probably be too anticlimactic to show anyone else. I guess it's not impossible to see Sakura or Suigetsu/Juugo get fights in on their ways to their respective destinations, but I'm not really counting on it either.

*sigh* Maybe it's a minor gripe, but it really dissapoints me when authors can't treat their villains right. shamefulcry0js.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#57 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

Man I'm torn. I don't know if I want Sakura to continue towards Naruto or to be called on to go to the hokages. I think I'm leaning towards the hokages. How awesome would that be for Sakura to be there to heal the greatest medic-nin there is. I think it would be a very awesome few chapters. Where I as I feel if she went to Naruto she'd be lost in all of the characters running over to his aid. hmmmmm....

Love is everything.

#58 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Mar 7 2012, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sort of have split feelings about Tsunade dying. I definitely want her to see Naruto become Hokage, but like Zac, I'd also like to see AT LEAST one casualty that isn't some nameless fodder nin. The Alliance has already lost 50,000 ninja, and yet, coincidentally, not a single one was introduced more than a few panels or pages before his/her death. It's really making it hard for me to take this Ninja War seriously. And since Kishi's sort of made it clear that he doesn't intend to kill off any characters in Naruto's generation (other than maybe Sasuke, depending on what happens with Kabuto and Itachi), I'd say Tsunade's the best bet right now.

As for if she's gonna be killed off right away, I'm sure she'll hold on for a bit longer. I'll need to reread the chapters, but I'm pretty sure both Asuma and Jiraiya had 'almost deaths' before they really died, so I'm guessing she'll pull another move or two before goin' down. But that's assuming Kishi's really planning on killing her off.

Ugh. Tell me about it. I was really hoping to see them and Mangetsu get some battles before the final fights started. It's so much wasted potential character development for Sakura, Juugo, and Suigetsu.

Unfortunately, I'm kind of getting the impression that Hizashi and Dan are the only Edo Tensei nin left. Or at the very least, anyone who's left is gonna get a quick one-panel re-death once Kabuto is defeated/controlled. Madara, Tobi, and Kabutomaru are all fighting right now (or about to), and it'd probably be too anticlimactic to show anyone else. I guess it's not impossible to see Sakura or Suigetsu/Juugo get fights in on their ways to their respective destinations, but I'm not really counting on it either.

*sigh* Maybe it's a minor gripe, but it really dissapoints me when authors can't treat their villains right. shamefulcry0js.gif

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Especially with the bolded.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#59 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

I think that if Tsunade dies, it could lead to a potential narusaku moment.

And for those who think the manga might end this year, I don't see that happening. If Tsunade picks Kakashi to be her successor, it can give Naruto more time to gain the maturity he needs to become Hokage and give Sakura a chance learn Tsunade's Forehead Diamond Technique. Events like that can lead to a time-skip that I believe Kishimoto has foreshadowed through Nagato's last words to Naruto before he got sealed by Itachi's sword. These scenarios are just a tiny fraction compared to many endless possibilities for Kishimoto to make his series a sort-of trilogy with the inclusion of a Part 3.

Maybe after the Fourth Great Ninja War, Kishimoto could introduce a number of terrorist organizations bent on world domination just like Akatsuki but with there own goals. Kishimoto could even give more world building to his story by showing structural hierarchy of the small nation Ninja Villages by giving there leaders the title equivalent to the Kage rank like a Shogun (i.e. Ameshogun for the Hidden Rain Village) who has political power over his/her entire country instead of a Kage sharing sovereignty with the Daimyo. The Shogun could have an Elite Four of generals that come from a unique clan with a special ability, not to mention that the Shogun him/herself would come from a clan as well. Whether Kishimoto makes it so that the number one clan of the top five is the only clan whose member's get a chance to receive the title of Village Shogun or if the top five ninja clans of the small Ninja Village in question alternate which clan holds the title of Village Shogun every time they need to pick a successor is up to Kishimoto to decide (that is, if any part of my prediction is proven to be correct, that is).

As for my overall opinion on this chapter, I found it interesting and I look forward to the next one. :True:

#60 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

Rather you like it or not Madara was awesome and clever, the fact that the kages have been fighting a mere Mokuton almost the whole time (Hashirama power up) is pretty insane and given Tsunade has part of a tree stabbed through her most likely cancels her regenerative ability. I know it's sad but will definitely see a more developed Sakura now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users