Close
Photo

I am not wasting my time waiting for the translations. Chapter 14.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Gaiden don't have a light novel.

#22 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

Gaiden doesn't have a light novel.

Wasn't that the cover that had fat filler and salad on it or was that the manga?

#23 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

Wasn't that the cover that had fat filler and salad on it or was that the manga?

With just those two? That's the later half of the arc.

#24 Yuckfire

Yuckfire

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, these kids are way too powerful and skilled.

Gohan was more powerful than his father at 5 but he had to train  to hone it and even then he could only unlock it under rage, which also didn't always work.

Goten and Trunks accomplished nothing in the buu saga even with super saiyan.

#25 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:33 AM

Oh right they translated it finally. "Acclaimed anime"? ...You know I have never seen a manga name drop their anime as much as Boruto does. Sure they make announcements when something big happens like them getting an anime, the new anime starting, or a new season starting. But none have ever felt the need to announce it every chapter even if they are monthly. How insecure are these people about their own franchise?

Shojojo (yes that is his name)...wait his name was Shojoji before=Evil butler/Molding Cannibal. Oh he able to make an invincible wind barrier.

"You pig failure of a ninja"...something about that sentence feels off.

Like I said before their is barely anything happening in this chapter. This should not have taken that long to translate because it is really that predictable. I could hold a page up to anyone and asked them to guess what their were saying and as long as they have a thought in their head they would be able to guess pretty accurately. What is the 40's olds Japanese men trying to sound 'hip' throw off the translators for awhile?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 July 2017 - 03:53 AM.

#26 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:06 AM

If your anime is highly rated, you are going to brag about it?

Like when a company whens a reward, it is going to post about it somewhere. Believe it not, these things draw more people in. It's smart strategy, and has nothing to do with insecurity.

Naruto may be a popular anime, but it isn't a highly rated one.

#27 Yuckfire

Yuckfire

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:14 AM

Like when a company whens a reward, it is going to post about it somewhere. Believe it not, these things draw more people in. It's smart strategy, and has nothing to do with insecurity.

The super manga doesn't do that and that manga is meant to be a promotion for the anime. Especially since airing super has never left the top 10 in ratings.

#28 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:28 AM

Like when a company whens wins a reward, it is going to post about it somewhere. Believe it not, these things draw more people in. It's smart strategy, and has nothing to do with insecurity.

Once again normally when a manga does something like this it to announce the fact that their getting an anime, their anime is started airing, or they get another season of their anime. Which can be counted as both informing their readers about obtaining an anime, and bragging about they got one. But when it happens every chapter that comes out; then it starts raising eyebrows. They have been mention the anime for months now. That does not sound like if they are boasting from confidence but instead from insecurity.

You don't see One Piece or Dragonball doing this, or any of Boruto other contemporaries.

Naruto may be a popular anime, but it isn't a highly rated one.

Naruto was popular especially in its prime. But is Boruto? Also like the Last or honestly most big name franchises. If Boruto is called highly rated because of from what I recall good reviews. Then, you can simply buy good reviews with favors or money to the reviewer.

The super manga doesn't do that and that manga is meant to be a promotion for the anime. Especially since airing super has never left the top 10 in ratings.

Like I said; the norm when a manga does this for years has been only to announce anything about the anime is: when they get one, when it is starting, or when they are getting a second season. The reason why that the norm is simple; if you keep mention it constantly people are going to start raising eyebrows. At the time this manga chapter was released the anime had 14 episodes -which means it been airing for about three months-. Who at this point, who is reading the manga would not know that the anime is out by now? Who at this point is going to be reading the manga (especially after those first ten chapters) is not watching the anime who may be interested in it? Even then, how are they not informed already; since the manga has been mentioning it in every chapter for months now?

Dragonball is one of the biggest franchise in anime. Of course it doing well.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 April 2022 - 07:21 AM.

#29 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

Oh the next chapter isn't until august 21. So that's another month without a chapter. They can't even keep up a consistent release date for a monthly manga.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 04 August 2017 - 04:24 PM.

#30 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

The translations or the release?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#31 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:56 AM

The translations or the release?

Release I was wondering why it wasn't released the last two weeks so I went to check the last chapter turns out; they pushed it back, again.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 August 2017 - 04:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users