Rate The Last Game You Played/Finished

• Please log in to reply
672 replies to this topic

#141 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

Time for some Xbox Live Arcade reviews:

UNO: 10/10

Nothing I can say about the awesome family card game! biggrin.gif

Now to the Capcom long-ass names -

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix: 9/10

Remake of the best Capcom puzzle game of all time starring the famous Street Fighters (Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Sakura, Akuma and Dan) with the Darkstalkers (Morrigan, Felicia, Hsien-Ko and Donovan) along with Devilot from that game I forgot the name that starred Jin Saotome who was in Marvel Vs. Capcom series. (I think it was Cyborbots?) Based on the Japanese Dreamcast version of the game (not the previous versions which contain the Street Puzzle Mode which unlocks music, artwork, etc.), the game is still the same. Only differences is the gems are now based on elements (fire, water, lightning, and earth). Though a good concept, the gems are now sound like the elements instead of gem-crashing and smashing sounds. Plus there is balancing now with the new X' Mode which some characters like Chun-Li can take and give more damage to opponents.

As of the HD graphics, on the interface and the stages are HD while the characters are original... (why in the world Capcom/Udon didn't redraw the sprites? I really don't know, but maybe it was because of memory restraints of the game.) Even though I love the original music, the remixed music isn't available in this version either.

Still fun and addictive like the previous versions however, it also glitchy in some cases (lost of Player 1's character sound in one match for example).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#142 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:26 AM

Sonic Unleashed (Xbox 360) - 7.5/10

Daytime stages are pretty much a memorization game; you'll be going down into that pit if you don't know it's coming up. Annoying at first, but they're fun now that I've got the hang of it. Nighttime stages are pretty good as well, though a little too long for my taste. Only two big problems for me: 1) Framerate sucks big time at some points; one level in particular makes the framerate in Sonic Adventure DX look good. 2) Quick-time events. The ones here aren't as lame as the ones in Spider-Man 3 or Star Wars: TFU, but still ... these are just annoying, and lazy on the developer's part.

#143 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:57 AM

NBA 2k9 (XBox 360)-9/10
One of the better Basketball games I've played in a long time.

uc.png

#144 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:42 AM

Mass Effect (XBox 360)-9/10
Even though I've had this game for over a year I never really sat down and played it all the way through. Now that I have I must say I think this is BioWare's best RPG since the first KOTOR.

uc.png

#145 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:04 PM

Oblivion - -10000/10

I DIDN'T GET PAST THE DUNGEON.

MWAHHAHA PROBABLY COS I HATE THOSE KINDA GAMES XDDDD

My rating stands though >:|

---

Assassin's Creed - 8/10

I had heard of this game being really good-- what with breathtaking graphics that sure as hell held up the spaz factor for the PS3-- and I think if I had stolen my cousin's ps3 way before, I would be agreeing with AC being a GREAT choice for a breakthrough game. :]

The graphics, no doubt got a perfect 5 stars. The storyline was engaging (not amazing) what with the two plotlines running beside eachother. I kinda saw the ending coming way before it happened but oh well, I loved it nonetheless 8D

The freedom you can have by kittening around on the rooftops, all the different kinds of characters (YES YOU TOO BEGGAR WIMMUN AND JUNKIE DUDE) were awesome. The assassinations were always fun and even though the same three tasks were way too repetitive and kinda stopped the fun of the game, they were still interesting enough to keep my attention (and that's hard-- trust me). X]

A few things I hated though:
- DED PEOPLE TALKING FOREVER. SERIOUSLY WTF. THEY JUST GOT STABBED IN THE FRIGGEN NECK. HOW?
- beggar wimmun really need to stop humping the heck out of my leg while I'm on a pickpocket mission. ):<
- junkies need to stop being so MEAN DX
- running down the FRIKKEN hill before the start of every FRIKKEN mission was retarded ):
- SLOW HORSE = OKAY? WTF.

but either way.

love.gif Assassins.

>w>...

---

Mirror's Edge - 7/10

Got way too much hype. But I've been okay with that ever since I heard it was an EXPERIMENTATION GAME. It was a try-out to see how it ran, and I got it-- that's why experiments are DONE. To see if it could play with the big boys or not :teehee:

Did it?

Gotta say the music, the graphics, and the new intuitive 1st person gameplay held up nicely. So yeah, I think if they add alittle more to the storyline, have more engaging characters, fix the depth perception that SUCKED--

then hell yeah, gimme a sequel. wow.png

Oh and 5 sex-stars on the sneakers, Faith. 8D

---

GTA IV - 8/10

Up there with the GTA giants, one of the very best :] Loved Niko's sarcasm and Roman's optimism-- it was really fawny and adawwable. Loved crashing with the motorbikes and having SIIIICK slow-motion Niko scream for his life. LOVED the cars, the controls, the guns, all the stuff that GTA is known for.

...Though I hated how it was either drugs, drugs, drugs, drugs, or killing someone. C'mon gimme a fun mission where I can go undercover or something.

Oh wait.

You did.

AS A GARBAGE MAN?!

WTF. D:

Oh and I hated how his girlfriends were fugly 8D /SHALLOW

Lastly?

GIMME A FEKING REPLAY OPTION, GAMESTAFF. MY ENDING SUCKED LIEK WOAH.

;O;

#146 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:45 AM

Persona 3 - 10/10

It was worth it. I love how they arranged the anime cut scenes, and the 3-D cut scenes. Though the only problem was the lag I discovered by fighting one of the enemies in the higher floors. Also I like how Aigis started developing human characteristics; such as crying. It almost made me cry too when she started crying. shamefulcry0js.gif IT'S WORTH BUYING AS I SAID BEFORE.
I am still pinky-ash

#147 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

I recently played all the Phoenix Wright games all the way through again one more time so I can review them.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (2005): 9/10
Easily the best in the series, though like all games there is virtually no replay value.

Phoenix Wright Justice For All (2006): 7/10
Despite great new cast additions (especially Franziska Von Karma) and new gameplay quirks this one is too short. I will say this though having more than one ending with the last case was a good change, if only every case in every game had multiple endings.

Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations (2007): 9/10
It was nice to play as Mia even though her cases were short and this game was definitely longer than the last one. However, the game's ending left me unsatisfied especially since we wouldn't be seeing many of the established characters in the next game....

Apollo Justice Ass Ace Attorney (2008): 4/10
This is a tried and true Phoenix Wright game, the only problem is Phoenix Wright is not the one in the Defense chair. Instead we get an uninspired, whiny, pathetic dork as the main protagonist while Phoenix is reduced to being a freaking hobo. Now I know people will say you're supposed to let the character grow on you but Apollo never did, nor did the rest of the new characters for that matter especially not Phoenix's annoying Maya wannabe daughter Trucy. All I can say is if you're gonna keep this guy as the main character for future games at least bring back some of the old characters.

uc.png

#148 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

Little Big Planet 9.7/10

I was really surprised by how good this game is, I mean the graphics are excellent, the story is okay, but the best parts were the stickers and the prizes AND THE ONLINE COMMUNITY. You can create levels and publish them in the online community and other people can play them. I love playing it with other players, best time I've ever had.. too bad i don't own it, i rented it.

Madden NFL 2009 10.5/10

Geez, The most realistic madden game ever. It's so much fun, and plus you can earn points to make master rings. I got through one. Playing as My Chicago Bears, and i kick arse! Which i had somebody to play online, you know that some players escape from the games when they are losing and you don't get the credit for a win. THAT I HATE!

Naruto Ultimate Ninja storm 8.6/10

The greatest Naruto game I've played so far, the graphics are incredible, the fighting is fast paced.. Uh.. The mission mode is so-so.. I like how the village is made, far more bigger than rise of a ninja, but the missions seem CLONED, most of the missions are fighting, which is good because i love kicking arse in Insane mode, but i don't like the tree racing missions or anything that doesn't involve fighting. I hate the fact that they skip some of the most important parts of the story, they entirely skipped the Zabuza arc.. There aren't many cutscenes in the story mode.. so that ultimately disappointed me. NO online.. Look, the sequel will be made and hopefully they will correct these mistakes, they might actually have a chance to create a masterpiece.. Until then, better than average game.

#149 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:14 AM

Fear of Destruction: 6/10

Luckily the game was free because I was finished quickly with my gamerscore rose up to over 100. But it was fun destroying the cities. tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#150 Juujuu

Juujuu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:God, art, literature, music, anime, romance, internet, friends

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:52 AM

Ico = 8/10

It is fun, BUT THOSE CONTROLS NEEDZ DA WORKZ MAN! DDD8
"Balthier is Sexy" Fangirl Army - SECOND IN COMMAND JUUJUU!

#151 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:50 AM

Okami: <3/10

Devil May Cry 3: 9/10 I died again. >_> Not much else to say. The game is reeeaaally fun, but... I haven't gotten too far. 'XD Now if only I could get my hands on a next-gen system... I'm stuck with my (still wonderful) PS2.

#152 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (GobiKitsune @ Dec 24 2008, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okami: <3/10

Wait what?

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#153 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Dec 24 2008, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait what?

It's a heart Dormin lol.

Chrono Trigger (DS)-10/10
One of my favorite RPGs of all time gets a proper port.

uc.png

#154 Juujuu

Juujuu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:God, art, literature, music, anime, romance, internet, friends

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:47 PM

Sly Cooper (the first one) 9/10

So far it's pretty dang fun~ ;D
"Balthier is Sexy" Fangirl Army - SECOND IN COMMAND JUUJUU!

#155 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Dec 24 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a heart Dormin lol.

Chrono Trigger (DS)-10/10
One of my favorite RPGs of all time gets a proper port.

pfft you scared me Ed laugh.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#156 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 - 8/10 Its fun I supposed, but the mission modes are too tedius. Hoping for a good Naruto Shippuuden Chronicles Hurricane Clash of Ninja Revolution EX 1 xD
. Don't Press the red button

#157 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Dec 24 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pfft you scared me Ed laugh.gif

I was just explaining that wasn't a 3/10 like it appeared to be.

uc.png

#158 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:07 AM

Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII PSP: 9/10

Pro's: Great Graphics, The Story is the strong point, Interesting to see that Sephiroth valued friends, and The DMW is actually pretty good

Cons: Combat is too simple and can get easy, The side-missions get too repetitive and make you overpowered for the story battles.

Great Prequel, now they just need to make a True Sequel and end the damn thing.

Edit:My bad, I meant to give it a 9, don't know why i put 10

Edited by Illmatic, 08 January 2009 - 11:58 PM.

#159 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Dec 24 2008, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just explaining that wasn't a 3/10 like it appeared to be.

I didn't know Okami was that good :O I should have gotten that, instead of Naruto CONR2 (it woulda been $10 cheaper for me)
. Don't Press the red button

#160 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:26 AM

I didn't know Okami was that good :O I should have gotten that, instead of Naruto CONR2 (it woulda been $10 cheaper for me)

you should give it a try, it's a great game

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users