• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#21 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:31 PM

There's also the alleged plan to get income from the video games side, especially from the upcoming Shinobi Strikers, the new app that just came out with the world building feature and the Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy series that is heading towards the Nintendo Switch this year.

And tricksie, on bolded, they won't do that. They don't have the guts to somehow get Naruto back into character (unless they say reboot). The only thing I will come back if and ONLY if:

Guess?

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about the video games and any future app stuff. That's a whole other lucrative area that didn't want to let go of either.

Yeah, they'd never get NS back together, not in Boruto or any direction the franchise is going now. 

But I could easily see a reboot of the series with the NH and Boruto stuff being dismissed as being part of Obito's giant genjutsu plot. I swear, it almost reads like that anyway. So maybe they're hedging their bets — run with Boruto for a while. Let the series cool off. Then ride a nostalgia wave back with a reboot. 

#22 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:34 PM

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about the video games and any future app stuff. That's a whole other lucrative area that didn't want to let go of either.

Yeah, they'd never get NS back together, not in Boruto or any direction the franchise is going now. 

But I could easily see a reboot of the series with the NH and Boruto stuff being dismissed as being part of Obito's giant genjutsu plot. I swear, it almost reads like that anyway. So maybe they're hedging their bets — run with Boruto for a while. Let the series cool off. Then ride a nostalgia wave back with a reboot. 

Look at Dragon Ball! It came back when Akira Toriyama helped write Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods to tell us stuff after the Buu Saga and before the ending of the series, which led into Resurrection "F" as well as Super, so I hope that becomes the case so that we can actually get a good series. Meanwhile, I'll just stick to my fanfictions and others I may wanna read, thanks :3

#23 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

So boruto is definitely sell far worse than naruto but still generate enough money .... damn i want this thing to died soo bad. Am i a cruel person for wishing such a thing ? .This is the first time in my life i want a company to go bankrupt so bad that i'm starting to feel i'm wearing symbiote black suit spiderman xD. It's already at the point i respect drug dealer and hooker far better than this company that makes naruto ending and boruto. My parents always teach me not to bad wish or disturb someone else job because we are all trying to make living , but i swear in this case i just can't help it.

You know i still believe it is for bold part because :

-Remember that hand holding scene ? just before that , Obito witness with his own eyes when neji died and he tried to TNJ naruto to break his will/spirit , that hinata is the one in there close to him to snap him out of it and keep him from breaking and giving up. So i still think it's strong possibility that it is Obito infinite tsukuyomi because base on that he thinks that the only girl close to naruto is hinata.

-Naruto right now look a lot like Obito ... just look at his face and especially his hair .... he really 99% resemble Obito , just remove the whisker and paint his hair black , there you got a perfect Obito clone.

Somehow maybe it's just me but i see a lot of this small hint after ending that basically saying : "Hey even though NH/SS cannon they are not real and this ending is not my idea" from Kishi ... but of course as time pass everything goes rotten ... even hope and faith.

Edited by Yyubie, 15 March 2018 - 06:14 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#24 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:24 PM

So boruto is definitely sell far worse than naruto but still generate enough money .... damn i want this thing to died soo bad. Am i a cruel person for wishing such a thing ? .This is the first time in my life i want a company to go bankrupt so bad that i'm starting to feel i'm wearing symbiote black suit spiderman xD. It's already at the point i respect drug dealer and hooker far better than this company that makes naruto ending and boruto. My parents always teach me not to bad wish or disturb someone else job because we are all trying to make living , but i swear in this case i just can't help it.

You know i still believe it is for bold part because :

-Remember that hand holding scene ? just before that , Obito witness with his own eyes when neji died and he tried to TNJ naruto to break his will/spirit , that hinata is the one in there close to him to snap him out of it and keep him from breaking and giving up. So i still think it's strong possibility that it is Obito infinite tsukuyomi because base on that he thinks that the only girl close to naruto is hinata.

-Naruto right now look a lot like Obito ... just look at his face and especially his hair .... he really 99% resemble Obito , just remove the whisker and paint his hair black , there you got a perfect Obito clone.

Somehow maybe it's just me but i see a lot of this small hint after ending that basically saying : "Hey even though NH/SS cannon they are not real and this ending is not my idea" from Kishi ... but of course as time pass everything goes rotten ... even hope and faith.

Even if it was not Kishi's idea, he still wrote it and went along with it. He will still not get any sympathy from me. We know this crap from the last few years is not his best work that we have seen from the past but oh well too late to change it.

We know Boruto is not doing well because the fanbase, mainly us, has stopped reading it. I still think it will be cancelled because even eventually SP would want to make more money and they won't get it from Boruto, so they will go else where.

#25 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:39 PM

So boruto is definitely sell far worse than naruto but still generate enough money .... damn i want this thing to died soo bad. Am i a cruel person for wishing such a thing ?

Anyone who would want to continue to subject these characters to this horrible treatment is cruel. Your desire is a merciful one. Everyone has a right to die rather than suffer. I truly believe that. When everything has been taken from you and you have nothing to live for anymore, life is the cruelest torture of all.

#26 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:43 PM

Anyone who would want to continue to subject these characters to this horrible treatment is cruel. Your desire is a merciful one. Everyone has a right to die rather than suffer. I truly believe that. When everything has been taken from you and you have nothing to live for anymore, life is the cruelest torture of all.

Yeah this series needs to be taken outback like Old Yeller, and put down. Enough is enough already.

#27 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:10 PM

In all honesty, I'm not a fan of the Infinite Tsukiyomi theory. I think it's something that could have worked for a couple of chapters, but it is just unfeasible at this point. Even with the controversy at the end, many people still enjoy what Kishi did and if he comes back to pull that, we'll just go through that same kitten again where NH/SS is at war again.. 

I do like the idea of a reboot, albeit not in the same sense you are. I'd rather that a few years after Boruto ends, they should just start from scratch with a different Naruto canon altogether. Even if some hardcore fans will rage at the changes, most will recognize it's a different universe and will be somewhat more lenient on any changes made. Besides, it's not like Naruto was ever perfect, and it would be a cool way to show a different take, such as:
-More Team 7 bonding before Sasuke's departure

-Villains who are actually villains

-Better treatment of the females (especially Sakura)

-Scaling the power back a bit to rely more on strategy like in Part 1

And other things off the top of my head.

Then again, I guess I'm saying this because I'm trying to shove my own fan-made reboot in everyone's faces. :sweat:  

#28 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:27 PM

Yep the old bait and switch. Unfortunately it is very common in any advertisement especially in entertainment. Hollywood does it everyday and it is seeping in more and more into our anime as well. SJ remind so much of the crappy business practices in Hollywood.

Which is funny when you think about it because this means they knew that NH alone was not going to make them money. They knew that NH was NOT what the majority of what the fanbase wanted and yet they did it anyway. They fake out with the popular stuff to push the crappy stuff and then be like "I don't know what went wrong. Why does everyone hate our products?"

It still baffles me when companies do this. It is so easy to see what would make them the most money and make the most sense and they WILLINGLY go against it.

Even food companies do this
Boss: "Hey we got this one product that makes us tons of a money and is a good product, but we also have this other product that doesn't move anything and is actually losing us money, What should we do?"
Random worker: "I know. Let's discontinue the product everyone likes and let's make MORE of what people hate."
Boss: "Brilliant. You are a genius."

Car companies too.
I saw a show where one car company pratically made the perfect car. Perfect handling, perfect speed, perfect looks. Perfect in almost every way possible and at a perfect price well worth the money. They decide to only make ONE of them, but the kitten cars that noone likes they continue to manufacture each and everyday despite them constantly breaking down and having to reissue parts and such.

Why? It baffles my mind to the point of insanity. Like do they realize that forced popularity by only making one kitten product does not mean that product is popular? It just means you limited the market and people are forced to eventually buy the kitten product. "Oh look how popular it is" Easy to say when it is the only thing you sell. Now obviously I am being a bit hyperbole on this, but it still stands a reason.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 March 2018 - 12:28 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

Which is funny when you think about it because this means they knew that NH alone was not going to make them money. They knew that NH was NOT what the majority of what the fanbase wanted and yet they did it anyway. They fake out with the popular stuff to push the crappy stuff and then be like "I don't know what went wrong. Why does everyone hate our products?"
It still baffles me when companies do this. It is so easy to see what would make them the most money and make the most sense and they WILLINGLY go against it.
Even food companies do this
Boss: "Hey we got this one product that makes us tons of a money and is a good product, but we also have this other product that doesn't move anything and is actually losing us money, What should we do?"
Random worker: "I know. Let's discontinue the product everyone likes and let's make MORE of what people hate."
Boss: "Brilliant. You are a genius."
Car companies too.
I saw a show where one car company pratically made the perfect car. Perfect handling, perfect speed, perfect looks. Perfect in almost every way possible and at a perfect price well worth the money. They decide to only make ONE of them, but the kitten cars that noone likes they continue to manufacture each and everyday despite them constantly breaking down and having to reissue parts and such.
Why? It baffles my mind to the point of insanity. Like do they realize that forced popularity by only making one kitten product does not mean that product is popular? It just means you limited the market and people are forced to eventually buy the kitten product. "Oh look how popular it is" Easy to say when it is the only thing you sell. Now obviously I am being a bit hyperbole on this, but it still stands a reason.

They go against the grind for two reasons. Reason one is that the product is cost efficient which means is doesn't take make much to produce it. With NH and SS, SJ believed they didn't have to do much to make this pairing believable with fans or in this case, the fans who liked them. Lastly, the second reason is that it would made them the most money in the shortest amount of time. Nowadays companies want to turn a profit quickly so SJ went with NH because it was a quick profit.

Sometimes with those reasons the company doesn't think things through or care. In the end, nobody wins because the product is good for them for about alittle bit until some realize it is crap, but some will believe it is good no matter what. Also, the writer's quality and credibility would suffer till they alienate the best part of the fandom.

#30 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:58 PM

They go against the grind for two reasons. Reason one is that the product is cost efficient which means is doesn't take make much to produce it. With NH and SS, SJ believed they didn't have to do much to make this pairing believable with fans or in this case, the fans who liked them. Lastly, the second reason is that it would made them the most money in the shortest amount of time. Nowadays companies want to turn a profit quickly so SJ went with NH because it was a quick profit.

Sometimes with those reasons the company doesn't think things through or care. In the end, nobody wins because the product is good for them for about alittle bit until some realize it is crap, but some will believe it is good no matter what. Also, the writer's quality and credibility would suffer till they alienate the best part of the fandom.

First bold: That is not always true UNLESS they were purposely trying to push an underhanded tactic which is probably what they are doing which goes back to my original point that they KNEW NH was not going to sell, but they did it anyway. Eventually though, people stop buying the product. So what happens after the money stops rolling in? What happens when people say "I am not buying this anymore." Sure they made a quick buck, but if the name of the game is to keep a long lasting revenue it is NOT the smartest business tactic. Especially when the company starts to fire back against the consumer. Look at Marvel bashing their own fanbase for not buying their comics and blaming them for lost sales.

As for the NH/SS stuff, for a company that you said believes how little effort to prove this pairing...they sure put in a lot more effort to convince us this was correct. I mean, if that was the case, then NS should have been canon because it need no extra explanation for people to believe it.

Second bold: Then how does this explain why Bleach was cancelled so quickly after a short decline? This is the part I still do not get. Why does one product get discontinued after a short decline in sales while another product keeps going when it has been dropping in sales so quickly? What is the logic in this? As someone else proved here in the forum, Naruto/Boruto sales have dropped 80% and the volumes sell less than 300k compared to earlier volumes selling at an upwards of 7 million. So why haven't they dropped it all by now? Bleach was so easily cancelled off the cuff of their sleeve and it was for that reason why it was rushed. Not the other way around.

We also can't blame filler or too much because One Peice is still going strong and yet they continue that one.

So where is the logic in all of that? This one bothers me to no end.
"Bleach dropped from selling 7 million to 6 million. Obviously this is a bust so let's stop funding it. Meanwhile, Naruto dropped from 7 million to 300k. Bah, we can get the fanbase back. Keep producing it."

Shonen Jump and SP have this weird problem where just when you think you have their logic figured out...they do something so ludacris that it makes no god damn sense no matter how you slice it and really the easiest explanation is "favoritism."

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#31 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:42 PM

I'm pretty sure Bleach had a rather massive decline in sales, but there was also the factor that Kubo was ready to quit.

With Naruto, I don't know. I feel like there is some kind of politics going on behind the scenes that no one knows about. Like many have said, someone higher up probably liked NH and used the American fanbase to justify making it canon. We saw that whole ordeal with the marketing team trying to play down the role of NH and also suggest at something significant with NS as well...and look what we've got. Despite the terrible sales, I'd imagine that person his high up enough to push that agenda through, though it's not going to benefit him or the company in the long run. I think SP's marketing for the Last and the recent change in Hinata's character is evidence someone somewhere knew this was not going to go smoothly. 

There's also the fact that since Boruto is a monthly manga made in a different magazine, they probably rented out that slot in the magazine and don't plan on cancelling it until they reach the end and find something better ( I think someone explained that Japanese TV works in a similar way where they already paid to have a certain slot filled out and the show pretty much stays there no matter how bad it does). 

Still, someone SOMEWHERE must be feeling like a fool. They should have asked themselves: If NS was so unpopular, why was Naruto doing so well up until after the Pain arc? Road to Ninja made the most money of all the filler movies, so shouldn't THAT have clued them in that maybe there was more to their true fans than just the pairings?

#32 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:04 PM

I'm pretty sure Bleach had a rather massive decline in sales, but there was also the factor that Kubo was ready to quit.

So was Kishimoto and yet.....

Naruto is the ultimate anime paradox.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 March 2018 - 10:09 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#33 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:13 AM

So was Kishimoto and yet.....

Naruto is the ultimate anime paradox.

Yeah, and it's also a black hole for stupid decisions since the ending dropped. XP

#34 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

The different between Naruto and Bleach. Naruto was considered the international best seller, and Kishimoto was a company man. While Bleach was a international seller; Kubo argued with his editors.

They wanted that international fanbase because they could always get another manga to hit the domestic markets. They knew nH was not popular in Japan beyond the otaku in SP, but they believed that it was popular in the States therefor internationally. The reason Boruto is still going is pride, and it what's holding SP up till another series takes off to support it (black clover.)

#35 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:11 PM

The different between Naruto and Bleach. Naruto was considered the international best seller, and Kishimoto was a company man. While Bleach was a international seller; Kubo argued with his editors.

They wanted that international fanbase because they could always get another manga to hit the domestic markets. They knew nH was not popular in Japan beyond the otaku in SP, but they believed that it was popular in the States therefor internationally. The reason Boruto is still going is pride, and it what's holding SP up till another series takes off to support it (black clover.)

I never knew anybody who liked Naruto and Hinata together. I don't see how they thought the international fanbase liked it. They shouldn't cater to us anyway. They need to cater to Japan and we are just extras. 

Edited by jak123, 22 March 2018 - 05:24 AM.

#36 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

I never knew anybody who liked Naruto and Hinata together. I don't see how they thought the international fanbase liked it. They shouldn't cater to us anyway. They need to cater to Japan and we are just extras.

Exactly and also, sometimes we don't have the best eye when it comes to pairings. They should cater to their culture more not ours. Sometimes, to me NH fans in America and else where don't fully understand Sakura's character and so they bash her for it. In Japan they do and I believe that is why Sakura is liked there more.

#37 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

It's actually absurd how unpopular it is in Japan. There was some list with popularity #s and it MIGHT have made the top 30, barely. The interest in it was nonexistent. NS was not popular on the level of Kakashi and Iruka, but it had enough fans.

#38 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

It's actually absurd how unpopular it is in Japan. There was some list with popularity #s and it MIGHT have made the top 30, barely. The interest in it was nonexistent. NS was not popular on the level of Kakashi and Iruka, but it had enough fans.

The thing with yaoi pairings, at least in Japan is that most DON'T expect them to become canon. It's just a fun little "what if?" thing for them to explore in doujinshi.

It's even funnier that SP tells people that they "knew" NH and SS were going to be canon from the beginning, yet they still promoted NS in many of their fillers, their openings and endings, oh, and let us not forget that OVA with Aqua Timez. It tells me that either they really didn't know what was going to happen (except maybe the higher ups) or they knew the end was going to create a fallout and they had to make all the extra NS stuff to keep the true fans on board until the end. 

Their approach to appealing to the "International" fanbase was also way off. They should have looked at $ signs and not internet youtube comments. If we're talking about popular international appeal, I've heard NS is popular in Spanish-speaking countries and Indonesia...that's already more than a 3rd of the world. So by that logic they should have went with NS. Granted, many of these countries are 3rd world as well, but popular media tends to do well enough among the people who can afford them.

Wheras in the US, we generally try to check out as many things as we can...for free.

#39 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:18 PM

The thing with yaoi pairings, at least in Japan is that most DON'T expect them to become canon. It's just a fun little "what if?" thing for them to explore in doujinshi.

It's even funnier that SP tells people that they "knew" NH and SS were going to be canon from the beginning, yet they still promoted NS in many of their fillers, their openings and endings, oh, and let us not forget that OVA with Aqua Timez. It tells me that either they really didn't know what was going to happen (except maybe the higher ups) or they knew the end was going to create a fallout and they had to make all the extra NS stuff to keep the true fans on board until the end. 

Their approach to appealing to the "International" fanbase was also way off. They should have looked at $ signs and not internet youtube comments. If we're talking about popular international appeal, I've heard NS is popular in Spanish-speaking countries and Indonesia...that's already more than a 3rd of the world. So by that logic they should have went with NS. Granted, many of these countries are 3rd world as well, but popular media tends to do well enough among the people who can afford them.
Wheras in the US, we generally try to check out as many things as we can...for free.

Yeah, we have so many streaming websites
that we dont really have to pay for anything at all. The money has always been in Japan or other countries who are willing to pay. Yes, we do have people, myself included, that would pay for some of our favorite anime and stuff, but it is not required because you can find it on the internet.

Remember all of the NS moments in the manga and in the filler was supposed to be a "red herring" and a troll so the ending wasn't spoiled. In all honesty though, I?believe only the higher ups and Kishi's fat pocket knew how that ending was going to happen. I believe even the lower staff knew NS was the end game even if they are NH fans because even with the NH filler, I saw alot of NS filler in the anime and in the movies as well.

#40 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:27 PM

Yeah it's INSANE how popular it is in Latin America. You always have a ton of Spanish speaking people commenting on fanworks. They deeply screwed up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users