• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#1 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

Simple, 1 being the worst, 10 the best. It can be a whole series your watching or just one episod your testing out, we wanna know. Please leave any comments that may ruin the plot in spoilers and please respect other opinions on their anime choices and comments: If you can't say anything nice, SFTU!

Hell Girl: 4/10
Hell girl in a nut shell --Click here to view--
sleep.gif Some may take comfort in anime that has a looping plot of the same story over and over with new faces, but I find it boring. Got burned out on that from Sailor Moon. I gave it my standard 6 episods, I will not be finishing Hell Girl, but I will be looking for the art book.

Here's a quick summery:

Random Idiot: OMG you suck, I'm sending to you hell! *type type type* Hell Girl!?!?
Ai: I will fairy their soul to hell, but it will cost you yours.
Random Idiot: no wai, rly?
Ai: Yes
Random Idiot: Okay, just get them out of my life
*time lasp to end*
Random Idiot: Well I'm going to hell, at least their gone *skips off* La~La~La

sleep.gif You only get one soul! Dont waste it on Hell Girl.

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#2 Sheryl Nome

Sheryl Nome

Galactic Fairy

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

Macross Frontier - 8/10

It's the only anime I have actively watched each week. I really like the characters, but the animation can be off sometimes. Also, they like to reuse footage. I don't really pay attention to the battle scenes, so I don't mind it too much though.
art done by ?, graphic by KiNA@animesuki

avatar credits go to heart_of_manga@lj

#3 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

Kanon (2006): 8.5/10

Really nice anime, which I hadn't expected before I started watching it. happy.gif

Story:
Kanon's story revolves around a group of five girls whose lives are connected to the same boy: Yuichi Aizawa, who is a second-year high school student who had visited the city where the story takes place seven years prior to Kanon's beginning. After his long absence, Yuichi has forgotten almost everything except minor details of what happened seven years before and is in need of being reminded of what he left behind. Throughout the story, as he learns about the supernatural undertones of the city, Yuichi is reminded of the events of seven years ago in the city.

Genre:
romance/humor/mysterious (The game is based on a japanese dating-sim, so expect to see some harem-elements in the show)

Positive:
-Great animation
-Music is pretty nice
-I love the setting of the story
-Nice voice acting
-Interesting characters
-Ayu wub.gif XD
-Interesting plot
-The arc-system

Negative:
-Story starts out slow (getting to know all characters)
-Shiori (I found her boring..)
-Pretty short (24 episodes), although the 2002 version had only 13 episodes.

-They made Ayu too small sometimes XD She isn't as big as a 10-year old in the game lol

I'd say this is a must watch for anime fans. You have to like this kind of anime though. If you only like shounen kind of animes, then this isn't meant for you wink.gif

Uguu~
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#4 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

Neon Genesis Evangelion: 9/10

It's really getting good! I'm almost done with the anime though. At first when I saw Asuka, I thought she was a TsunTsun, but I guess she's a Tsundere? I don't know. I like Rei because she really doesn't talk much. Misato is usually funny when she's at the apartment. And Shinji...... must not run away.

I'm pretty sure ALL of you guys already watched Evangelion. It's an awesome anime. 'nuff said. :teehee:
I am still pinky-ash

#5 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:06 PM

Samurai Champloo-8/10
From the same guy that made Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo is a funny, action packed, slick series but the ending is kinda lame.

uc.png

#6 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:18 PM

SCHOOL RUMBLE! wow.png <- *Click teh link* :teehee:

Easy a 10/10 for me! :thumbs:

EPIC comedy. Amazing lulz. And just a good 'ol time had by any and all who watch this anime! biggrin.gif

#7 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

Galaxy Angel X - 8/10

Galaxy Angel X --Click here to view--

Genre - Comedy, Science Fiction, Space, Parody

Storyline - Rather than the intense battles and memory loss that took place in GA Beta... It begins with the new angel, Chitose Karasuma, joining the Angel Brigade. Soon enough, the group of six continue their search for The Lost Technology while running into different kinds of mishaps. With their rivals known as Team Twin Star (Kokomo and Malibu Perot), the angels make their way through the galaxy trying their best not to ruin their new reputation (Including Colonel Volcott O. Huey). However, while watching episodes 1 - 6 out of 26... I still agree with the manga being better.

I enjoy the Emblem Frame battle scenes. >.<

It's a so-so for this series, since I would go for the original Galaxy Angel before I check out the sequels. But it's a cute science fiction series I'm positive that many can love, since it's filled with MANY colorful characters (literally! XD)

Edited by Sakura~Kitsune, 06 August 2008 - 12:55 AM.

tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#8 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula: 7/10

Its kind of a rip off on Gundam but I guess its a decent watch. I don't really like the graphic though but the Robots are kinda cool

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#9 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:50 PM

Black Lagoon

I give this an 8 so far. smile.gif It exudes coolness. It's really interesting to read/watch a story where there is no clear good/evil (well, there is plenty of plain evil) and lots of grey. Oh, and there's LOTS of action!

I'm also engrossed in the relationship between Rock and Levi.

#10 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

School Rumble Season 1 - 10/10 (It's like...TEH comedy anime to watch!!! XDDDD)

Oyashiro No Sama I think it's called (err...7/10? Not really sure I like the bloody stuff... =.=)
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#11 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

Great Teacher Onizuka-10/10
One of the funniest animes of all time, especially the dub which has Steven J Blum (Spike Speigel from Bebop) doing the voice of Onizuka.

uc.png

#12 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

^ Try the live action too, I've been told it's 10x better then the anime.

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#13 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:25 AM

Clannad - 8/10 so far.

This is actually quite good surprisingly, and pretty damn funny too, and i love comedy biggrin.gif

#14 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:08 AM

^ Clannad~ =D

Code Geass R2
10/10 8D

I'm obsessed with it. >_> -has a CG RP forum-

--;

LOVE IS WAR,

#15 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:40 AM

Genshiken - 9/10
Genshiken 2 - 10/10

I'm done with the WHOLE series already, so I might as well say: LOL Madarame is so moe! XD I freaking love this series! If you love animes that involve Otakus, anime, manga, ero games, and cosplay, you might enjoy this anime.
I am still pinky-ash

#16 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

Code Geass R2 - 13/10 tongue.gif Yeah, maximum score I can give. Damn OBSESSED with it. LuluKallen rules! Can't wait for ep 19

Mouse - 8/10 A Kaitou with a harem of hot girls? What's not to like?

#17 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

Gantz- 7/10

A little crazy but I'm likin' all the bloodiness :teehee:.

#18 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:45 AM

Azumanga Daioh - 9/10

Azumanga and Yotsuba&! --Click here to view--

Genre - Comedy, School, 'Slice of Life'

Storyline - One of the very few High School animes that I can possibly enjoy. Despite the random moments which take place during each episode, the odd feelings you get... believing that your homeroom teacher might attack you with lunch trays or you might meet up with a murderous grey cat, said anime shows you a high school life that many people would 'wish for'. Other than surrounding around the main character, our very own ten year old prodigy, Chiyo--- Azumanga Daioh is displayed through the eyes of each and every one of the wacky characters. Learning more about them during every semester... teachers included! However, at some moments, the anime gets a bit slow (especially when it comes down to 'Chiyo-Dad').

Thoughts - Although while watching, you might as well enjoy yourself to the very end. Most of the things that go on in that school would probably NOT EVEN happen in real life, but it just keeps you dreaming! After watching Azumanga Daioh, I couldn't help but fall in love with everyone of the characters because of their personalties. Each of them are unique in their own oddball way, and you can possibly see yourself inside atleast one of them...a very cute anime none the less. Just watching it might leave you having dreams about flying away, with Chiyo's pigtails attached to your head.

~And the OP/ED themes? Very catchy! ^^
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#19 MelisaArtemis

MelisaArtemis

*Meow*

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:my boyfriend,Narusaku,Ragnarok, Narusaku, Digimon 03, Narusaku fics, Games. have I mention Narusaku?

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:36 AM

Kanokon - 7/10

The story is kinda meh and the characters aren't exactly interesting either but it has plenty of funny moments. Recommended to those who are into comady/action genre

Nagasarete Airantou - 8/10

Nice story and I love how the characters interact with everyone.

#20 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:56 PM

Slayers Revolution (2008)-9/10
The long time wanted 4th season of one of my all time favorite animes features plenty of the stuff I've come to love about the series, and Lina Inverse is one of my all time favorite anime characters male or female.

uc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users