Close
Photo

Narusaku : Where are the facts?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think NaruSaku evidence is mostly speculation?

1. Most NS evidence is fact, not speculation. (30 votes [69.77%])

Percentage of vote: 69.77%

2. I think NS evidence is mostly speculation. (4 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

3. NS evidence is only speculation. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. NS has plenty of facts, but people usually only rant speculations. (8 votes [18.60%])

Percentage of vote: 18.60%

5. Other (explain please) (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

Vote

#41 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

^Then let them ignore you. You don't need their attention anyway. fu.png Doesn't help to be bitter about it, and it's not like we(at least me) doesn't ignore their arguments either. I think we're writing too much about other fanbases (fine I did too in my last post sweatdrop.gif )

ナルサク

#42 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Catwho @ Jun 9 2012, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some other "facts" to consider:

1. Naruto is a shounen action manga, not a romantic comedy
2. It is Japanese, written for a Japanese audience, by a Japanese man

As such, we really have no reason to anticipate large unexpected plot deviations in terms of romantic interests, other than what has been presented to us in canon. If this was a romantic comedy, or a shoujo manga, I'd be more likely to anticipate and even accept crack pairings. It's neither of those things.

Instead, most romantic relationships in shounen action manga tend to progress in a linear fashion while the action elements get all the plot twists and turns. (If anyone ever had a doubt that Inuyasha and Kagome would end up together at the end of Inuyasha, for example, then I don't know what to tell you.)

If only the action elements get all the plot twists and turns, then what was Sakura's confession to Naruto? Wasn't that a plot twist, and the fact that she also still loves Sasuke after the confession not an other twist?

Edited by Transformers03, 24 June 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#43 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Branden @ Jun 9 2012, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyway to get things back on topic, the facts are really the only thing an opposing pairling fan would believe, most likely.

So let's think about the facts we've gathered.
1.Kushina and Sakura have some similarities.
2.Sakura tried to kill Sasuke so that Naruto would no longer suffer.
3.Naruto has shown romantic interest in Sakura
4.Sakura has shown feelings of guilt because she believes she is a burden on Naruto

Anyone got something to add to this list? Please only facts, nothing that can be debated.

+ In 469, Sakura says, "What I said, Naruto, is that I love you!" Upon hearing those words, the initial expression on Naruto's face is one of joy/happiness/excitement. It's inarguable proof that Naruto wants Sakura to love him because he loves her.

+ Also in 469, when Naruto begins to question the timing and honesty of Sakura's confession, he says, "If you tell a joke like that in a situation like this, it isn't funny, Sakura-chan." Naruto would not have considered it an inappropriate and unfunny (if not cruel) "joke" if he didn't actually want her confession to be true.

+ In 470, Sakura says, "If you don't like me then just say so! Don't try to turn things around--" Naruto replies, "But this makes no sense! Why would you bother coming all the way here just for that?" Naruto in no way denies his feelings for her Sakura.

#44 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (jworks @ Jun 9 2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I'm concerned, all pairing, whether NS or SS or NH, is all speculation. I'm a huge NaruSaku fan but I realize its speculation and I'm fine with that. Its no more or no less speculation than the other pairings. The speculation is the fun part anyway. Yeah, if you are trying to convince someone else that NaruSaku is the way to go then use "canon facts". Which by the way is still speculation, its just extracting facts to support speculation. but I'm not bothering to convince anyone else. Why would I? That is why I'm here, at a NaruSaku fansite, so that I can speculate among like-minded folk.

Hell, if NaruSaku was canon it would be totally boring to talk about. Its actually what I'm afraid of, I want NaruSaku to happen but I'm afraid what will become of these fun discussions if it does.

Speculating is fun to do, especially with a series that has lasted this long. But here's the thing, there are at times that speculations make sense. Does it make sense that Naruto will fall for Hinata, despite what little we have shown of them together? No, but that's still a speculation that may happened, it just doesn't make any sense. Does it make sense for Sakura to fall for Naruto because 1) he's the main character and 2) she is the ONLY one to even imply that she may have feelings for the person who originally had a crush on her? Yes, that makes more sense. But is it still speculating, so it may not happen.

I always wonder what kind of facts the Naruhina fans use to help convince themselves that Naruhina will happen. I know the obvious ones (blood vow and the confession), and I know what arguments they generally make, but how can this fan base be so big and confident when they don't have much to go on? There MUST be something that I"m missing.

#45 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Jul 4 2012, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speculating is fun to do, especially with a series that has lasted this long. But here's the thing, there are at times that speculations make sense. Does it make sense that Naruto will fall for Hinata, despite what little we have shown of them together? No, but that's still a speculation that may happened, it just doesn't make any sense. Does it make sense for Sakura to fall for Naruto because 1) he's the main character and 2) she is the ONLY one to even imply that she may have feelings for the person who originally had a crush on her? Yes, that makes more sense. But is it still speculating, so it may not happen.

I always wonder what kind of facts the Naruhina fans use to help convince themselves that Naruhina will happen. I know the obvious ones (blood vow and the confession), and I know what arguments they generally make, but how can this fan base be so big and confident when they don't have much to go on? There MUST be something that I"m missing.

your not missing anything, it's like the Zutara pairing in Avater the last Airbender, it's clear as day that Aang and Katara are ment for each other, but any little thing with Zuko and Katara means canon to them. ( like, for example, he stole her necklance, and people think that he took it because he loves her. )

stuff like that MUST be what the NH fans see right? It's that same kind of vague logic... huh.gif

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#46 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

well most of the narusaku moments are kinda in your face :o.....

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#47 Tendo Ryuken

Tendo Ryuken

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jun 10 2012, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hint: Hinata doesn't have as much faith in Naruto's abilities and strength as Sakura.
Fact with that hint: Hinata slightly panicked when Naruto got in a fight with Tobi, but Sakura told her to relax, Naruto was fine.

i may missed this in the manga. can anyone show me?

edit: i found a translate thread somewhere here but i cant find it anymore. can you guys give me the link? thanks

Edited by Ryuken, 30 July 2012 - 07:21 AM.

don't try this at home

#48 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (Ryuken @ Jul 30 2012, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i may missed this in the manga. can anyone show me?

edit: i found a translate thread somewhere here but i cant find it anymore. can you guys give me the link? thanks

Chapter 383. And she didn't have faith in him when he fought Pain either, not to mention the chuunin exams. In other words, there is no fight in the manga Hinata truly believed Naruto could win. (speculation)

ナルサク

#49 Tendo Ryuken

Tendo Ryuken

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

ok thanks. btw do you have the link for the translation thread?

don't try this at home

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users