Restarting this thread, lol.
So I've finally decided to pick up Berserk b/c of the critical acclaim this series gets. Right now, I'm on Ch.32, so in the middle of the Golden Age Arc (or something like that). Just curious: How come many people are saying the quality drops after this arc?
Some of my current thoughts:
- thought Griffifth was a woman when I saw him in Ch.1
- love Guts's and Casca's relationship (reminds me a bit of NaruSaku tbh) I always lol at Casca XD
- had to get used to the art and still have to (especially the women), but the doublepage battle scenes are awesome
- Griffith still looks like a woman to me
- sex and rape scenes- quite a lot I gotta say (I've been spoilered already on that part, about Casca and the consequences ). Not that I'm surprised though considering the magazine it's published in: Young Animal
- I keep thinking Griffith is wearing lipstick
I was waiting for your post! Answer to you question: none says that quality drops after this arc, just many consider it the best arc. People saying that about other arc.
So, please say to me when you will read ch.96, I will point something that you totally won't notice for a first-time read.
And yeah, Guts and Casca is awesome! I'm waiting for your reaction on one fight
I watched the anime series adaptation last semester, absolutely loved the story. I plan on reading the manga soon to find out what happens after where the anime stopped.
I suggest you to read it from beggining, because anime was good, but it cut-out maybe 50 or 60% of all what happend in that arc in manga.
GH, I see you
Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 28 June 2015 - 07:57 PM.