171 replies to this topic

#141 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:54 PM

Okay that does sound like Naruto, But I would still consider way better than Naruto since it doesn't waste 15 years of your time :hehehe:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#142 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

Well another thing, they have bias toward nh pairing.

In pairing you can't make everyone happy. I think if nh and ss has legit writing, i can accept that pairing.

The problem is they don't.

This. If NH and SS (despite me hating Sasuke) has made sense, then I would have been okay with it. 

#143 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Rock Lee is my hero

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:33 AM

Sorry to say that but I even like Hinata. :sweatdrop:

This Text was constructed automatically by EKton, the personal WEB - Robot.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#144 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:07 AM

If you try to make everyone happy, you'll end up making no one happy.

There's no such a thing , you cannot please everybody. If there's someone that likes you then there's someone who hates you.

As a big company SP should know better , sadly their mind was clouded by the popularity and money they got during Pein arc , when Naruto was at it's peak on top of the world. I bet even know they still keep trying desperately to make Boruto reach or surpass that bar.

You know it's sad that this fight here from storm 3 version of the five kage summit felt like it had more weight than the legit final fight itself. 

I haven't play that game and i'm thinking about getting it in the future , because i thought you could craft your own ending. I saw in youtube that there's a choice , a legend path or hero path , i thought that was you as player making your own ending. Sad .... turn out it doesn't really matter , i want to beat and kill Sasuke so bad but even the game won't allow that , even the game have to follow the manga which is Naruto vs Sasuke is always DRAW , that's disgusting. Thank F i haven't spend my money to buy any of those game.

Poor Naruto gets like the kittentiest ending possible.

His parents are killed.
His godfather is killed.
He doesn't get the girl of his dreams
He has his arm blown off.
He is forced into a relationship he doesn't want to be in.
His best friend does nothing and should have actually helped Naruto instead of just "I don't care. Do what you want" attitude.

and worst all....worst of all....the one thing he wanted more than anything. The ONE scene we waited for an entire 15 years of it's existence.....and the moment is stripped away from him because "We had to show how powerful Himawari is."

Really? You couldn't even let Naruto have his moment as being Hokage? To see all the people he saved look up to him and truly feel complete with his life only to say "nope, you can't even have that Naruto. Let's have Konohamaru take your place because you let your daughter knock your ass out." "Hey, I am Naruto. I apparently can dodge attacks faster than light, but if my daughter throws a punch I can't dodge it. She must be 2x the speed of light."

Really, no wonder Naruto is miserable and hates his kids.

I have never seen Hunger Games so I have no idea what you guys are on about. I even have the movies on my shelf and yet never watched them yet.

Ye , 15 years journey to become a hokage , but he can't be there because his daughter knock him out. And the pro ending fans was like "AWWW.... HOW CUTE!!!". These are the people who said Sakura is abusive towards Naruto ..... seriously :confused:

Just put the poor man out of these circle of misery , just kill Naruto already it's just sad looking at his miserable face.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#145 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:06 PM

His parents are killed.
His godfather is killed.
His best friend does nothing and should have actually helped Naruto instead of just "I don't care. Do what you want" attitude.

and worst all....worst of all....the one thing he wanted more than anything. The ONE scene we waited for an entire 15 years of it's existence.....and the moment is stripped away from him because "We had to show how powerful Himawari is."

Really? You couldn't even let Naruto have his moment as being Hokage? To see all the people he saved look up to him and truly feel complete with his life only to say "nope, you can't even have that Naruto. Let's have Konohamaru take your place because you let your daughter knock your ass out." "Hey, I am Naruto. I apparently can dodge attacks faster than light, but if my daughter throws a punch I can't dodge it. She must be 2x the speed of light."

It basically feels as if Kishimoto HATED Naruto so much that he had to give him the big middle finger like he did for sure, and continuing to show him being miserable instead of happy after all the hardships he'd endured to achieve his dreams and goals, but NOPE! Let's piss all over our protagonist and the titular hero, because why the hell not!? XP

#146 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

His parents are killed.
His godfather is killed.

I have never seen Hunger Games so I have no idea what you guys are on about. I even have the movies on my shelf and yet never watched them yet.

And I would like to add to that: Sakura was NOT MERELY the girl of his dreams, he had an actual emotionally, intimate mutually respectful relationship with her. Naruto shows genuine appreciation and admiration for Sakura when he sees her saving Kankuro's life,is always defending her worth from Sasuke's scathing remarks towards her and always shows a genuine sensitivity regarding Sakura's feelings. In turn, Sakura was gradually looking past her initial negative first impressions of Naruto and seeing that he was a genuinely selfless, compassionate, understanding young man, was growing to admire him and started to think he was amazing in how he pursues his dream. In short  They fell for each other's best traits, accept each other for who they are, flaws and all, and actually interact and communicate as an actual real life couple should.

Contrast this to their actual spouses. One is " OH LOOK it's a hot, sexy, mysterious Bad Boy!!!!!" :smexy:  and the other is "Well there is this shy submissive quiet girl that was always crushing on you, would let you "have your way with her" anytime anywhere, and for bonus points, develops a large rack that you can smother your face into like marshmallow pillows. :zaru:

I can never say this enough, and no one can convince me otherwise. Naruto and Sakura had the most realistic and fleshed out relationship so a romance plot between them makes perfect sense. NaruHina and SasuSaku are just shallow, boring, even more shallow, and COMPLETELY void of any emotional intimacy and communication

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 May 2018 - 08:30 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#147 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Rock Lee is my hero

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:29 PM

And I would like to add to that: Sakura was NOT MERELY the girl of his dreams, he had an actual emotionally intimate mutually respectful relationship with her. Naruto shows genuine appreciation and admiration for Sakura when he sees her saving Kankuro's life,is always defending her worth from Sasuke's scathing remarks towards her and always shows a genuine sensitivity regarding Sakura's feelings. In turn, Sakura was gradually looking past he initial negative first impressions of Naruto and seeing that he was a genuinely selfless, compassionate, understanding young man, was growing to admire him and started to think he was amazing in how he pursues his dream. In short  They were fell for each other's best traits, accept each other for who they are, and actually interact and communicate as an actual real life couple should.

That is actually the point their relationship wasn't a shallow crush or "he's pretty, I like him" but on a different level of understanding, caring and respecting. That's why I loved it so much and still do. It's this sort of relationship you just rarely see (in real life) because people often don't want to ruin their friendship. I also think Sakura felt as if she didn't deserve Naruto, she kind of pushed Hinata towards him and also accepted Sasuke. She thinks she deserves Sasuke, and not in a good sense. That's all I can say about that in a matter of sense.

This Text was constructed automatically by EKton, the personal WEB - Robot.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#148 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

That is actually the point their relationship wasn't a shallow crush or "he's pretty, I like him" but on a different level of understanding, caring and respecting. That's why I loved it so much and still do. It's this sort of relationship you just rarely see (in real life) because people often don't want to ruin their friendship. I also think Sakura felt as if she didn't deserve Naruto, she kind of pushed Hinata towards him and also accepted Sasuke. She thinks she deserves Sasuke, and not in a good sense. That's all I can say about that in a matter of sense.

So she believed she deserved Sasuke more than Karin did? And she believed that Hinata deserved Naruto? And that Naruto deserved someone as kitten as Hinata? She would make a terrible talent show judge.

#149 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:54 PM

You can be selfish for once in your life to be happy. Naruto wanting Sakura was really the only selfish thing he desired besides being Hokage so he had a right to have her. Sakura should have seen that but she didn't for the sake of NH.

#150 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:03 PM

You can be selfish for once in your life to be happy. Naruto wanting Sakura was really the only selfish thing he desired besides being Hokage so he had a right to have her. Sakura should have seen that but she didn't for the sake of NH.

And likely deep down because of the fact she felt she did Naruto wrong too often which is STUPID.

#151 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:34 PM

No, she can't do that she's unpopular and Hinata, therefor nh is much more popular than sakura.

It's outside influence rather than good writing that make pairing happen but hey Naruto writing also become bad in part 2.

#152 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

This. If NH and SS (despite me hating Sasuke) has made sense, then I would have been okay with it. 

This is why it's all called fanfiction.

All the best NH fanfics I've read basically had to change the whole story by starting it from before the start of the series, changing circumstances around Naruto and Hinatatas, and then having to build things up from there, which is exactly what The Last did, but very poorly and ignoring the established canon.

I can never say this enough, and No one can convince me otherwise. Nartuo and Sakura had the most realistic and fleshed out relationship that a love story between them makes perfect sense. NaruHina and SasuSaku is just shallow, boring, even more shallow, and COMPLETELY void of any emotionally intimacy and communication

Can you imagine if females tried to emulate such relationships? I'm willing to bet that there would be a HUGE spike in female deaths either from addictions and/or suicide (guys dumping them after using them for their body or getting emotionally broken by guys putting them down so much) or murder (if by some miracle there's a relationship started, be from the guys escalating from emotional abuse to physical abuse to the point of actually killing them).

Even Twilight doesn't push such messages. Still not a good one, but also still better than NH/SS communicates to its readers/viewers.

2e5.gif

#153 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:30 AM

Can you imagine if females tried to emulate such relationships? I'm willing to bet that there would be a HUGE spike in female deaths either from addictions and/or suicide (guys dumping them after using them for their body or getting emotionally broken by guys putting them down so much) or murder (if by some miracle there's a relationship started, be from the guys escalating from emotional abuse to physical abuse to the point of actually killing them).

Even Twilight doesn't push such messages. Still not a good one, but also still better than NH/SS communicates to its readers/viewers.

And Bella can be seen as much worse than Hinata 'cause of the stupid crap she does to get Edward to notice her and all. X_X

#154 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:09 PM

I would say Naruto wanted her, not a right to her

#155 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

As much as i believe this , i do still wonder though , why haven't Boruto anime/manga getting axed/died/stop already? why are they still continuing this farce?

I know little about marketing world but ... if they still continue isn't that mean that it's selling well? . I mean they can't be that too far gone if they know they not making any money but still continue making Boruto and wasting money right?

They won't get axed due to the wealth they've garnered in the past 15 years before the series end --not to mention the amount of audience. Even if it doesn't produce as well. They are making money, it's just not as much as they did previously with the original series. None of us know how much exactly, except the producer.

To put into analogy, let's say there's this famous lime juice stall everybody knows about. Last 15 years they sold 10 lime juices a day. But these days, they only sold 2 lime juices a day. It's still counted as sales, albeit not much. And people are still familiar with the stall.

Even without a great sales figure, I personally think this show would go at least for 5 years.

To make up for the less sales, they hire a less expensive artist (Kishi's assistant) as the fulltime author. Kishi wrote the Gaiden and some of the first part of the manga. He knows the manga won't fly the day he got feedback from The Last and Gaiden manga sales result came out. Why waste time working on a dead horse? He won't taint his name with Boruto's failure. He's been telling people he's writing a new manga since 3-4 years back right? Do you think the publisher will let him go with the current state of Boruto? Not a chance. Hence his new manga has yet see the light and his name is still attached to Boruto series.

They've also used a less expensive time slot to air Boruto anime. I read until recently, the anime was not in a prime time slot. I guess, they're not that confident with Boruto to begin with. They only changed the time slot on 3rd May, 2018... and still didn't manage to get into top 10 Japanese Weekly Anime ranking. Lol. Let's wait and see I guess.

There could be two reasons they changed the time slot: (1) either the anime is starting to get traction, or (2) the studio desperately need public attention for something to be released later on (movie or game). Quick check on the internet, it's true enough that there's supposed to be a movie for Boruto in 2018; though it's not clear when it'll be released.

Compare this to Naruto. They started to release movies from 2004 almost on yearly basis, without any sign of stopping until the series ends. There are 10 Naruto movies released from 2004 - 2015.

The journey for this franchise hasn't been so smooth without NS subplot and NS fanbase as part of the supporting audience, eh?

There is a residual bump from Boruto, even if it pales in comparison to Naruto's sales. So that's not nothing.

I think they were never expecting it be as popular as Naruto, but with Boruto:

- they are making sales in the millions without having to build a fanbase from scratch 

- they are using smaller staff who are most certainly getting paid A LOT LESS money

- they are lending the Naruto franchise credibility to another magazine, like a tentpole for reliable sales (I think it switched to a different format than Naruto ran in (monthly rather than weekly?), so different magazine, same company.)

- they can use the Boruto money to offset the cost of and draw interest to any new and possibly more popular series being published right beside Boruto.

So even though Boruto is not nearly as popular as Naruto, from a franchising point of view, it still makes reliable money and still draws in a modestly impressive amount of readers, from new fans and old. And that number will certainly rise as the series continues, the plot gets going, and newer fans get picked up.

Boruto may not ever be great. Or even good. But it's an established series with an established fanbase — so right there it has huge advantages over any other new/unknown series, no matter how good that new one is.

And remember, they could be planning something huge to draw readers back and bump issue sales (like over a holiday). Two I see on the horizon could be the killing of Naruto or the inevitable death of Sasuke. Those two events would really swell the numbers, if just for a couple issues.

And imagine if Naruto left Hinata for Sakura! hahahaha - we'd all be checking it out then!!!

That's right. For what it's worth, Boruto series still made something. It's just not as much.

Make no mistake: when the producer decided to go with NH/SS as the basis for Boruto series, they know they will loose some part of the fandom (which is NS), hence "slightly" reducing their income. They were probably confident they could regain back in time. I bet you with my dollars, they were just not prepared to loose the fandom which has been giving them ~80% of the sales figure (NS). It's a business decision error.

When one is offered two options: (1)remove NH/SS and sell 20% less or (2)remove NS and sell 80% less. Any sane person out there will opt for option #1. Add to the fact option #2 has always been hinted all along and it was part of the story's fundamental theme. As the history unfold, option #1 was chosen. Not only they loose 80%, but the author credibility was also tarnished with how the manga was concluded.

It's not surprising that in the later part of the franchise, they don't pursue NH/SS anymore. They won't bother developing it or putting effort to show the world how "beautiful" these pairings are after the marriage. Compare that to Kushina/Minato, in which they even make extra effort to put it in the movie.

I won't be surprised if Boruto and Sarada relationship will be modeled after NS (main character - tsundere relationship). Have they ever depicted Sarada-Boruto to mimic Hinata-Naruto (always fainting, shy, stalking from far, etc)? I doubt so. Have they ever depicted Sarada-Boruto to mimic Sakura-Sasuke (fangirling over cool person, etc)? I doubt so.

They're not modeled after NH/SS for an obvious reason: it doesn't sell, hence it doesn't matter anymore.

Mark my word, it's just a matter of time until the studio / the publisher decided to make a similar scene they did in the past with Naruto/Sakura to be applied to Boruto/Sarada. It's a natural effort to bring back the fans they've lost.

You can gauge the audience reception towards the series based on the first week of manga sales, or the weekly Japanese anime ranking.

As far as Japanese anime ranking, the series have not entered the top 10 for the longest time since The Last was aired. There was once they entered top 10 chart after The Last, which is the final episode of Naruto. It too, barely breakthrough the chart (#10 or #9 out of 10 if I'm not mistaken).

For a 15 years old series, with top 5 best selling manga all the time; to have the final episode barely in the top 10 chart is really sad. If it's the one episode where people are eagerly await for it to be aired after 15 years, it would've topped the chart, or at least be in the first 5 rank. That's never the case. When a studio have earlier episodes to be in the first 5 of the chart, yet the final episode was barely made it; you know they've done something wrong...

Manga sales is another thing. The first week of manga sales tells you a lot of things. It is a product of proven forecasting technique used in Japan media industry (especially printing). It is often regarded as an absolute indicator of publisher's confident in the series and how much the previous related manga actually sold. If you produce too much, you'll risk loosing money due to oversupply. The unsold books are going to be returned to you. If you produce too little, you'll risk loosing opportunity due to under-supply. People wanted to buy your books, but they cannot find them.

The last 3 volumes of Boruto first week sales as below:

Vol. 3: 180k

Vol. 4: 130k

Vol. 5: 124k

That's roughly only 15% - 20% compared to Naruto series when it was at its peak.

Now, whether or not they will ever reach back to their golden years by acquiring new readers have yet to be seen. As they enter their 2nd Year, sales are still indicating decline. However, that's beside my point in earlier post. As it stand today, it's clear as day that there's one part of the fandom that has left the series, causing financial decline that the publisher / the studio haven't managed to recover.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#156 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

They won't get axed due to the wealth they've garnered in the past 15 years before the series end --not to mention the amount of audience. Even if it doesn't produce as well. They are making money, it's just not as much as they did previously with the original series. None of us know how much exactly, except the producer.

To put into analogy, let's say there's this famous lime juice stall everybody knows about. Last 15 years they sold 10 lime juices a day. But these days, they only sold 2 lime juices a day. It's still counted as sales, albeit not much. And people are still familiar with the stall.

Even without a great sales figure, I personally think this show would go at least for 5 years.

To make up for the less sales, they hire a less expensive artist (Kishi's assistant) as the fulltime author. Kishi wrote the Gaiden and some of the first part of the manga. He knows the manga won't fly the day he got feedback from The Last and Gaiden manga sales result came out. Why waste time working on a dead horse? He won't taint his name with Boruto's failure. He's been telling people he's writing a new manga since 3-4 years back right? Do you think the publisher will let him go with the current state of Boruto? Not a chance. Hence his new manga has yet see the light and his name is still attached to Boruto series.

They've also used a less expensive time slot to air Boruto anime. I read until recently, the anime was not in a prime time slot. I guess, they're not that confident with Boruto to begin with. They only changed the time slot on 3rd May, 2018... and still didn't manage to get into top 10 Japanese Weekly Anime ranking. Lol. Let's wait and see I guess.

There could be two reasons they changed the time slot: (1) either the anime is starting to get traction, or (2) the studio desperately need public attention for something to be released later on (movie or game). Quick check on the internet, it's true enough that there's supposed to be a movie for Boruto in 2018; though it's not clear when it'll be released.

Compare this to Naruto. They started to release movies from 2004 almost on yearly basis, without any sign of stopping until the series ends. There are 10 Naruto movies released from 2004 - 2015.

The journey for this franchise hasn't been so smooth without NS subplot and NS fanbase as part of the supporting audience, eh?

That's right. For what it's worth, Boruto series still made something. It's just not as much.

Make no mistake: when the producer decided to go with NH/SS as the basis for Boruto series, they know they will loose some part of the fandom (which is NS), hence "slightly" reducing their income. They were probably confident they could regain back in time. I bet you with my dollars, they were just not prepared to loose the fandom which has been giving them ~80% of the sales figure (NS). It's a business decision error.

When one is offered two options: (1)remove NH/SS and sell 20% less or (2)remove NS and sell 80% less. Any sane person out there will opt for option #1. Add to the fact option #2 has always been hinted all along and it was part of the story's fundamental theme. As the history unfold, option #1 was chosen. Not only they loose 80%, but the author credibility was also tarnished with how the manga was concluded.

It's not surprising that in the later part of the franchise, they don't pursue NH/SS anymore. They won't bother developing it or putting effort to show the world how "beautiful" these pairings are after the marriage. Compare that to Kushina/Minato, in which they even make extra effort to put it in the movie.

I won't be surprised if Boruto and Sarada relationship will be modeled after NS (main character - tsundere relationship). Have they ever depicted Sarada-Boruto to mimic Hinata-Naruto (always fainting, shy, stalking from far, etc)? I doubt so. Have they ever depicted Sarada-Boruto to mimic Sakura-Sasuke (fangirling over cool person, etc)? I doubt so.

They're not modeled after NH/SS for an obvious reason: it doesn't sell, hence it doesn't matter anymore.

Mark my word, it's just a matter of time until the studio / the publisher decided to make a similar scene they did in the past with Naruto/Sakura to be applied to Boruto/Sarada. It's a natural effort to bring back the fans they've lost.

You can gauge the audience reception towards the series based on the first week of manga sales, or the weekly Japanese anime ranking.

As far as Japanese anime ranking, the series have not entered the top 10 for the longest time since The Last was aired. There was once they entered top 10 chart after The Last, which is the final episode of Naruto. It too, barely breakthrough the chart (#10 or #9 out of 10 if I'm not mistaken).

For a 15 years old series, with top 5 best selling manga all the time; to have the final episode barely in the top 10 chart is really sad. If it's the one episode where people are eagerly await for it to be aired after 15 years, it would've topped the chart, or at least be in the first 5 rank. That's never the case. When a studio have earlier episodes to be in the first 5 of the chart, yet the final episode was barely made it; you know they've done something wrong...

Manga sales is another thing. The first week of manga sales tells you a lot of things. It is a product of proven forecasting technique used in Japan media industry (especially printing). It is often regarded as an absolute indicator of publisher's confident in the series and how much the previous related manga actually sold. If you produce too much, you'll risk loosing money due to oversupply. The unsold books are going to be returned to you. If you produce too little, you'll risk loosing opportunity due to under-supply. People wanted to buy your books, but they cannot find them.

That's roughly only 15% - 20% compared to Naruto series when it was at its peak.

Now, whether or not they will ever reach back to their golden years by acquiring new readers have yet to be seen. As they enter their 2nd Year, sales are still indicating decline. However, that's beside my point in earlier post. As it stand today, it's clear as day that there's one part of the fandom that has left the series, causing financial decline that the publisher / the studio haven't managed to recover.

And sales seem to be getting worse. I wonder how long the series will be milked before getting canned. Though they will probably never admit it got cancelled.

Edited by jak123, 27 May 2018 - 12:52 PM.

#157 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:08 AM

I'm fine with Boruto dying after 5 years as long as it dies. To be honest the weak point of this franchise at the moment isn't the anime; it's the manga (and frankly it has always been.) The anime is midway through the movie right now, and will soon have to adapt the manga. The manga is a monthly series that chapters feel like a old Naruto chapter stretched to fit the new page numbers. Its slow. So, when the anime will be required to make even more filler arcs as they wait from the manga as it slowly trudges along. The switch has less to do with the success of Boruto as it does with their failure or Black Clover. So they already bought those two time slots they just switched them around.

Wasn't there rumors about a Boruto movie some time ago...I don't keep track of stuff like that. If it doesn't happen you're probably right again.

The reason they went with option 1 was the mystical international fanbase. They knew they would lose at least half their domestic fanbase by putting nH/SS together. However, the appeal of Naruto to those companies was not its domestic fanbase, but its international fanbase; that no other anime at the time could even hope to compare to. Through what they could find (youtube reviewers) it seemed that the international fanbase almost unanimously wanted nH. So give it to them to keep them. Then they discovered the truth. So back to NS with it clone BS, they have already given them some of the scene you are thinking of. Though SP wouldn't let nH died so they made a clone of Hinata so they could have the pairing BS.  

Also Boruto still appears on weekly shounen jump the same magazine Naruto was on.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 28 May 2018 - 06:14 AM.

#158 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:29 AM

I'm fine with Boruto dying after 5 years as long as it dies. To be honest the weak point of this franchise at the moment isn't the anime; it's the manga (and frankly it has always been.) The anime is midway through the movie right now, and will soon have to adapt the manga. The manga is a monthly series that chapters feel like a old Naruto chapter stretched to fit the new page numbers. Its slow. So, when the anime will be required to make even more filler arcs as they wait from the manga as it slowly trudges along. The switch has less to do with the success of Boruto as it does with their failure or Black Clover. So they already bought those two time slots they just switched them around.

Wasn't there rumors about a Boruto movie some time ago...I don't keep track of stuff like that. If it doesn't happen you're probably right again.

The reason they went with option 1 was the mystical international fanbase. They knew they would lose at least half their domestic fanbase by putting nH/SS together. However, the appeal of Naruto to those companies was not its domestic fanbase, but its international fanbase; that no other anime at the time could even hope to compare to. Through what they could find (youtube reviewers) it seemed that the international fanbase almost unanimously wanted nH. So give it to them to keep them. Then they discovered the truth. So back to NS with it clone BS, they have already given them some of the scene you are thinking of. Though SP wouldn't let nH died so they made a clone of Hinata so they could have the pairing BS.  

Isn't that pretty telling? The successor isn't given the same treatment because they know people wouldn't want to read it quickly because so many were displeased with the ending of Naruto.

#159 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 04:14 AM

Isn't that pretty telling? The successor isn't given the same treatment because they know people wouldn't want to read it quickly because so many were displeased with the ending of Naruto.

The fact that it is a monthly manga I still suspect is because kishimoto did not want to work weekly or even bi-weekly on Boruto more then anything else.

Besides that: it hasn't gotten another movie since the anime started (possibly,) it was removed from Naruto's old time slot and only got it back because SP other anime is having trouble, and the manga sales have all but collapsed. Is a lot more telling of Boruto.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 28 May 2018 - 04:15 AM.

#160 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:09 PM

Is this kishimotos new sci-fi manga?

https://encrypted-tb...QzXq3QWueH--zZw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users