31571 replies to this topic

#26741 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:08 PM

I must have either read worst writers, or not many high quality because he is above average to me -6-7- (his replacement is at best an average writer.) He is good at introducing a characters, and in single arcs. But he has problems with long overarching story-line; which Naruto is.

Six to me is average and I'd either place him there or at a five. I admit that my opinion is influenced heavily by how bad the second half of the manga was, but it even had iffy parts in the good stuff. It also probably is simply that I've just read a lot of better work. I couldn't name a lot of the authors, but I've read a bunch of different manga series since then. Then, without getting into personal details, I had a three or four month span recently where the only thing I really had to do was read stuff from the library, which included an assload of American comics, superhero and creator owned both. Stuff like Chew, Deadly Class, Copperhead, Descender, East of West, Criminal, Kill or Be Killed, Fatale, Moonshine, Motor Crush, Sex Criminals, Rumble, Fear Agent, Outcast, Morning Glories, Tokyo Ghost, Black Science, and so on. After a while, you just kind of get wise to what works and what doesn't - I've read some books since then on writing as well - and understand why some things work and others don't.

Edited by dl316bh, 03 December 2018 - 07:10 PM.

bd5.jpg

#26742 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:34 PM

I think the thing is that while Naruto is enough to get someone started reading manga or watching anime, those people are eventually going to find better titles. Titles that make Naruto not only look immature, but just downright bad. Like one of the titles I'm really into right now is Delicious in Dungeon, a simple fantasy series (without RPG elements) that handles it's characters and worldbuilding extremely well. You can really feel how close the party has grown to one another, whereas Naruto's Team 7 felt extremely forced, not to mention how they each have everyone's skills are important to the party's survival. It's so good.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#26743 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:53 PM

If I have my timelines right, it was collapsing inward a good bit before he left, so it's not even like that guy kept the manga running smoothly his entire tenure either. As for Kishimoto, I would say he's average, at best. He has a strength in writing characters and worldbuilding - or he did, at one point - but he clearly has struggles with basic long term plotting, something that's even more in focus if everything you guys are telling me is correct. Like, I don't want to call him outright bad because he completely screwed the pooch on the back half of an eight hundred some odd chapter behemoth that went on over a decade, but I've read a lot of manga and American comics - especially since I stopped reading Naruto - and I wouldn't even feel comfortable calling him slightly above average.

In hindsight, I feel like Kishi also doesn't think certain things through. He probably thought it would be a series of great twists if he switched out the primary antagonists, but in doing so he progressively undermines their threat and how they work doesn't add up (would Obito really be loyal to Madara if he died? What would have Madara done if he was NEVER resurrected?). HIs romantic subplot was also problematic (obviously), because he was so focused on the twists (and making Sasuke as big a scumbag he could) he hurt the outcome. Assuming NH and SS was the plan, if he was just more honest about where he was headed he could've spared himself a MAJOR shakeup at the end. Especially the Kushina comparison. If it really was a red herring, was there ANYONE who told him "That's a bad idea..." There's a reason he keeps having interviews to explain himself.

I personally disagree with the world building in regards to Kishi...in hindisight I feel he's actually pretty lousy. He creates a continent with 5 main nations shared by several smaller countries, but we never really get a chance to see this world outside of Konoha. Everyone is more or less the same culture with maybe minor variations, almost all the settings are the same forest.

In contrast Avatar the Last Airbender had a very similar concept, but unlike Naruto, we really got to see the world (I suppose because the plot was about exploring the world) and learn about the people. RWBY has been doing something similar. I shouldn't be talking about it since I'm not finished, but the Akame ga Kill series also seems to be doing a good job as the sequel is exploring a different region of it's world.

#26744 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

You can really feel how close the party has grown to one another, whereas Naruto's Team 7 felt extremely forced, not to mention how they each have everyone's skills are important to the party's survival.

Yeah, that was always a problem with the manga starting from the end of part one one. Part Two put the Team 7 dynamic on a pedestal, but frankly it was overdone to the point of absurdity. As mentioned earlier, not only was the team only a thing for a couple months at best, they never even got along. Like, ever. That's part of the reason the "bonds" thing never worked for me. Naruto and Sasuke were never shown to be anything but rivals, seemingly bitter ones at that, right up until the plot needed them to have been blood brothers, basically. It came out of nowhere. And things with Sakura weren't much better. Naruto's relationship with her didn't start becoming an actual friendship until the tail end of the teams time together, when she realized he wasn't a creep but a genuinely good kid who actually liked her, while Sasuke treated her as nothing more than an annoyance he barely gave a damn about. Team 7 kind of sucked, if you look at it frankly, and while some romanticization makes sense on the part of the characters - we as humans romanticize the past a fair bit - it frequently got into the territory of absurdity.

Like, you can't show one dynamic for three hundred chapters then tell us it's another. Maybe we'll go with it if we like the work enough otherwise, but deep down we know. In hindsight it probably should have been a clue about how he handles personal relationships and prepared us for how NaruSaku got flipped.

He probably thought it would be a series of great twists if he switched out the primary antagonists, but in doing so he progressively undermines their threat and how they work doesn't add up

It also made a total mess of the direction of the series. I bring up when Orochimaru got punked a fair bit, but man, it's really a striking example. The manga clearly had no idea what it was doing anymore past that point and even felt like it was stalling for time. Remember Sasukes new team that formed right in the aftermath, the one we followed for months, if I remember correctly? Man, I do. They sure amounted to a lot of nothing. Also, wow, Akatsuki just ended up being a joke. They couldn't enter a single combat without a member dying. It felt like if they went to the store for milk they'd lose somebody. Then the manga's like "uuuuh, Tobi's an Uchiha, yeah, Madara's a thing, the antagonist is an Uchiha!" and I'm just like "think I'm done here".

HIs romantic subplot was also problematic (obviously), because he was so focused on the twists (and making Sasuke as big a scumbag he could) he hurt the outcome.

It's another "stunted growth" scenario, too. Like, it turns out Sakura really never matured at all in that regard. Neither pairing had any real development. Both men turned out to be terrible husbands and fathers. Naruto's outlook on being Hokage never once matured. His outlook on Sasuke never once matured. Most of them ended up, characterwise, where they were at the end of the Chuunin exams or the last arc of part one at the latest. Characterwise little that happened between that point and the actual finale mattered all that much.

I personally disagree with the world building in regards to Kishi...in hindisight I feel he's actually pretty lousy. He creates a continent with 5 main nations shared by several smaller countries, but we never really get a chance to see this world outside of Konoha. Everyone is more or less the same culture with maybe minor variations, almost all the settings are the same forest.

When I think on the worldbuilding I tend to think about early in the manga when it seemed like a lot of thought was put into things like the Wave, but no, you bring up a good point. You're right. When you actually look at it, he's pretty crap. Which, honestly, leaves him with even less you could consider a strength.

It's been a real disappointment, over the last decade, slowly realizing anything I liked about the series was either a fluke, the idea of someone who left, not intended or a red herring. I really did give the guy too much credit for a while there.

Edited by dl316bh, 04 December 2018 - 07:22 PM.

bd5.jpg

#26745 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:48 PM

To me, manga especially shounen lives and dies on their early arcs before they have their "game changers." I'll explain and then people can agree or disagree.

Shounen normally have an introductory chapter to sell the series' premise, and introduce the main character. Then after that the manga goes through several mini arcs to experiment with the story, introduce the cast, explore their premise, expand the backstory, and so on. Then eventually the story will reach an arc that irrevocably changes the series, sets what the story will be from now, and all but ends the mini-arcs as anything other then some filler between the big arcs.

Ronin Kenshin was originally dealing with the random criminals that threatens the dojo or his friends, till kenshin was forced to go to Tokyo.

Bleach went from a monster of the week to a battle manga in the soul society that often is the gang is trying to rescue a friend that is held by the enemy; but most of the arcs trace back to stuff introduced in the time Ichigo was substituting for Rukia: quincy, hollows, arrancar, fullbring, vizard, mod souls, shingami, soul society, and so on.

Dragonball Pilaf gang changed the monster of the week to a central villain in the quest for the dragonball, and King Piccolo turn the manga from a adventure manga with some martial arts to a marital arts battle manga.leading it to become Dragonball Z with Raditz.

Azami changed Food wars from the school placing challenges in-front of Souma to a villain that wanted to use Erina for their nefarious purposes.

All Might losing his power meant he could no longer cover for Deku, and he had to finally learn to use his powers.

Act-Age is probably going to continue through mini arcs of the girl learning new acting skills till her director finally thinks she is ready for one of his films which will like be its game changer.

Yu-Gi-Oh was Kaiba. Yu Yu hakisho Taguro, or the four demons.

What I'm getting at is that because Naruto was rushed to its game changer the chunin exam. It only had the wave arc, and the introductory arc right before it. Most of the concepts, and ideas of Naruto can be traced back to the wave arc or the chunin exam. So, Naruto for 15 years -and still is in Boruto- is often relying on one or two arc to hold up the story.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 04 December 2018 - 10:07 PM.

#26746 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:57 PM

@James

What they (those rabid fanatics) says to me is that Sakura is abusive to Naruto , shes always hitting him , she is violent toward Naruto. This is their main generic excuses , except that well you know , shes flat chest , useless , etc.

Talking or having a debate with these rabid fanatic is stupid. It's like having a debate with an uneducated person , at the end of the debate they gonna use parental insult and bring and insult your parent because they know they losing and they running out of idea. When they say that Hinata deserve Naruto more , it's not their brain that speaking , it's their pe**s that speaking. They self insert them self into Naruto , and then it become what they want not what Naruto want. The evidence is , just take a look at boruto now , many of their fans hate Naruto for what hes done to his son. They said that we need to respect kishimoto and his work and let him do what he want (when the ending chapter 700 roll) , well they should say that word in front of a mirror to themselves!! They are the one that making the rules that we should respect and let Kishi do the work but now they hate borutos dad for ignoring his brat! They are the one that broke their own rule! :lmao: . To me that's proof that these fanatic never even ONCE care about Naruto as character and his will or desire. And at the end of the day it's just like you said everyone not just the fanatic staff inside SP , it's rabid fan also somehow able to alter the ending (congratz to sawyer and forneverworld).

In any other situation, they might have a point, but a few big issues occur.
1. If Hinata is abusive to Naruto, whether getting angry at him or being like her other self in Road to Ninja, they praise her as being independent. (They had no problem with Kushina being that way. They have no problem with Tsunade being that way. They have no problem with ANY other female character being that way except for Sakura.)

2. They have no problem with any other female character in any other manga/anime being the same aggressive nature or worse. 

3. They still hate Sakura even when they have given her Hinata traits like being obsessive, bit kittens, shy and fainting personality, and more.

Which all leads back to the number 1 main reason why they hate Sakura: "Because Sakura is NOT Hinata." That's it. I don't really know how Hinata got so popular (we have "reasons," but some pro-enders I know hate Hinata-like characters in other anime like Orihime in Bleach), but because Sakura is NOT Hinata they hate her. They can switch their personalities, they can make them behave the same exact way, they can even switch looks, and STILL they will say Sakura is hated because she is not Hinata.

How do we know this?
Well, Hinata in Boruto has become flat-chested, useless, cares about nobody (not even her own kids), but Naruto, has some how developed a tsundere personality, and claimed she always had it....and they still praise her. Ask some pro-enders what they think of Orihime and Ichigo and they will say that Ichigo deserved to be with Rukia....who, in a general sense, is basically Sakura and Orihime is like Hinata. (That is if we go by character trope) (Rukia is flat-chested, abusive to Ichigo, and maybe even obsessive in some cases.)

So I am going to keep asking...WHY is Hinata so popular and Sakura so hated?
I truly think it has nothing to do with breasts or personalities or even character tropes. (Though these are things they like, they are not attributing factors) It has nothing to do with even how useful or useless they are because I bet you how many would say Orihime is useless?

No...I truly think it has to do with 2 major facts.
1. First impressions of Sakura and Hinata. Even 10 years down the line all they see is a lonely mistreated boy with one girl he likes treating him like kitten and the other girl he ignores that has this huge crush obsession over him. They obviously ignore the rest of the 600 chapters of development in favor of that first idealistic viewpoint even though that time, while was true, was only a brief reality in the story. They ignore all the development. They ignore all the changes and they ignore all the facts beyond it. They are stuck on that initial viewpoint. They don't even acknowledge Naruto's development if you think about it. They still see Naruto as that lonely boy that only Hinata truly sees.

Same thing with Bleach. The reason why Rukia is such a favorite or Ichigo is not because they believe she actually loves him, but rather because of those few first impressions scenes where they cared about each other regardless if it actually meant romantically. Rukia's past even enforces that she and Renji shared a childhood together and were really close. Something that Ichigo never had with Rukia. So, what does that mean nothing?

2. Sakura is NOT Hinata and she was a threat to their fantasy. It can be shown that you can turn Hinata exactly into Sakura and Sakura into Hinata and they will STILL hate her guts and love Hinata. Look at Road to Ninja for that very fact. Kishimoto purposely made Hinata into a complete and total man-wh0re bad-itch and they praised her even more. (Look how independant and sexy she is.) I remember when they said Ino's outfit was atrocious because she looked like a prostitute and yet Hinata's outfit in Road to Ninja was her being "so independent and strong." It is not the outfit they like or hate, but rather because Hinata was wearing it.

Hinata Hinata Hinata Hinata Hinata. If it comes from her, it is a good thing. If it comes from any one else...they hate it and it is horrible. It is not what it is, it is where it was coming from. This is what makes them huge hypocrites.

If Sakura fails...she is useless. If Hinata fails, she is praised for trying.
If Sakura is obsessive...it is disgusting. If Hinata is obsessive, it is cute.
If Sakura is big boobed...she is oversexualized. If Hinata has big boobs she is beautiful.
If Sakura hits her child because she is bad, it is bad. If Hinata hits her kid if they were bad, it is discipline.
If Sakura faints "look how weak she is." If Hinata faints "she fought so hard to exhaustion."
If Sakura wears revealing clothing, she is a whore. If Hinata wears revealing clothing...she is independent expressive woman.
If Sakura saves Naruto's life wanting to promote his dream "She is doing her job." If Hinata nearly causes the death of Naruto because she wants Naruto to bone her..."She is expressing her true pure feelings."
If Sakura masters a class-S technique that very few could master. "She is so pathetic." If Hinata takes forever to learn even the most basic of her own clans techniques "Look how gifted she is." (She finally learned a technique that Neji mastered in part 1.)

It's what it is...it is who it is.

More proof is looking at their reactions to Boruto.
If Salad is supposedly "just like Sakura," then why isn't she hated? She is flat-chested, obsessed with Boruto,  wears slutty clothing, and doesn't really add much to the plot, so why isn't Salad hated?

That is another weird logic.
They tell us Salad is Sasuke and Sakura's daughter. "She has both of their personalities. Especially Sakura's as you can see, so Salad is definitely Sakura's kid."
Boruto is just like Naruto. "Same personalities, again."
But when you bring up the idea that they actually think NaruSaku was a better pairing because they like Boruto and Salad better than Boruto and Sumire (who is basically Hinata 2.0. Big-boobs, loves Boruto, shy, and blah blah blah.)
They retort by saying "Well, Salad is actually more like Sasuke so BoruSa is basically a new age SNS."

See, the facts only matter when it fits THEIR agenda. Salad is Sakura's kid because she is more like Sakura than Sasuke...until they realize that it basically supports the idea that maybe they think NS and SK should have been canon if BS is an "ideal couple" then all of sudden she stops being Sakura's kid and becomes more Sasuke's kid.

Although, because this is becoming a realization, they support BoruSumi more now. If there is any hint of NS in any way being a "good thing," they abandon ship or abandon logic entirely. They want to have it both ways. Any negative connotation to NH and SS and a threat to the status quo of said pairings is deemed not worthy and thrown out.

I have seen this occur many of times. They would rather Salad not be Sakura's kid and compromise the sanctity of SS than admit that if BS is anything like NS, then they admit NS was a far better couple than NH.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one
-Miyazaki
(Not a real quote, but I love to make funny things.)
This picture basically sums up modern mainstream anime in a nutshell

big image

Edited by James S Cassidy, 06 December 2018 - 07:01 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26747 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:14 PM

A few days ago I got bored, and ended up reading a few Naruto character sheets on TV tropes. I eventually gave into curiosity and wanted to see what they'd said about the mangaka Kishimoto.

Here, let me summaries almost all of it in a single sentence: "Hinata was always the love interest as well as his favorite character, he always hated Sakura who he was forced to create, she was never going to be the love interest, and anyone that thinks that just fell for his trolling."

You know, from even an objective stand point, it is very sad that's all they have to say about him; for the most part. I looked at a few other mangaka pages, they in general talk about more then just one thing, and even if there was a controversy it doesn't consume the entire page liked it did with kishi's.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 December 2018 - 02:28 PM.

#26748 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:28 PM

A few days ago I got bored, and ended up reading a few Naruto character sheets on TV tropes. I eventually gave into curiosity and wanted to see what they'd said about the mangaka Kishimoto.

Here, let me summaries almost all of it in a single sentence: "Hinata was always the love interest as well as his favorite character, he always hated Sakura who he was forced to create, she was never going to be the love interest, and anyone that thinks that just fell for his trolling."

You know, from even an objective stand point, it is very sad that's all they have to say about him; for the most part. I looked at a few other mangaka pages, they in general talk about more then just one thing, and even if there was a controversy it doesn't consume the entire page liked it did with kishi's.

Well, that I think someone needs to go and change it I mean I think we all know who could have done this either an NH/Fanboy or its Analyzer.

#26749 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 04:21 AM

Unfortunately, TV Tropes is the kind of place that attracts the types of fans who are passionate enough to, well, edit TV tropes. As such, one can expect a good amount of bias at times no matter how they much they want to claim to be objective. I was actually talking about this the other day with a buddy about Gundam IBO (puts a quarter in the Gundam jar), when he was curious about some of the reactions to the story. It's pages will talk heavily about how the protagonists are the heroes fighting against the bad guys, like in any other series. The TV tropes community though ended up moving different interpretations to a separate, contained page. Namely the very real possibility that the protagonists were the villains, attempting to take over the world while aiding a social Darwinist. It's a big part of the story, but you wouldn't think it from the other pages.

iSP2FNe.png

#26750 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:15 AM

In any other situation, they might have a point, but a few big issues occur.
1. If Hinata is abusive to Naruto, whether getting angry at him or being like her other self in Road to Ninja, they praise her as being independent. (They had no problem with Kushina being that way. They have no problem with Tsunade being that way. They have no problem with ANY other female character being that way except for Sakura.)

2. They have no problem with any other female character in any other manga/anime being the same aggressive nature or worse. 

3. They still hate Sakura even when they have given her Hinata traits like being obsessive, bit kittens, shy and fainting personality, and more.

Which all leads back to the number 1 main reason why they hate Sakura: "Because Sakura is NOT Hinata." That's it. I don't really know how Hinata got so popular (we have "reasons," but some pro-enders I know hate Hinata-like characters in other anime like Orihime in Bleach), but because Sakura is NOT Hinata they hate her. They can switch their personalities, they can make them behave the same exact way, they can even switch looks, and STILL they will say Sakura is hated because she is not Hinata.

How do we know this?
Well, Hinata in Boruto has become flat-chested, useless, cares about nobody (not even her own kids), but Naruto, has some how developed a tsundere personality, and claimed she always had it....and they still praise her. Ask some pro-enders what they think of Orihime and Ichigo and they will say that Ichigo deserved to be with Rukia....who, in a general sense, is basically Sakura and Orihime is like Hinata. (That is if we go by character trope) (Rukia is flat-chested, abusive to Ichigo, and maybe even obsessive in some cases.)

So I am going to keep asking...WHY is Hinata so popular and Sakura so hated?
I truly think it has nothing to do with breasts or personalities or even character tropes. (Though these are things they like, they are not attributing factors) It has nothing to do with even how useful or useless they are because I bet you how many would say Orihime is useless?

No...I truly think it has to do with 2 major facts.
1. First impressions of Sakura and Hinata. Even 10 years down the line all they see is a lonely mistreated boy with one girl he likes treating him like kitten and the other girl he ignores that has this huge crush obsession over him. They obviously ignore the rest of the 600 chapters of development in favor of that first idealistic viewpoint even though that time, while was true, was only a brief reality in the story. They ignore all the development. They ignore all the changes and they ignore all the facts beyond it. They are stuck on that initial viewpoint. They don't even acknowledge Naruto's development if you think about it. They still see Naruto as that lonely boy that only Hinata truly sees.

Same thing with Bleach. The reason why Rukia is such a favorite or Ichigo is not because they believe she actually loves him, but rather because of those few first impressions scenes where they cared about each other regardless if it actually meant romantically. Rukia's past even enforces that she and Renji shared a childhood together and were really close. Something that Ichigo never had with Rukia. So, what does that mean nothing?

2. Sakura is NOT Hinata and she was a threat to their fantasy. It can be shown that you can turn Hinata exactly into Sakura and Sakura into Hinata and they will STILL hate her guts and love Hinata. Look at Road to Ninja for that very fact. Kishimoto purposely made Hinata into a complete and total man-wh0re bad-itch and they praised her even more. (Look how independant and sexy she is.) I remember when they said Ino's outfit was atrocious because she looked like a prostitute and yet Hinata's outfit in Road to Ninja was her being "so independent and strong." It is not the outfit they like or hate, but rather because Hinata was wearing it.

Hinata Hinata Hinata Hinata Hinata. If it comes from her, it is a good thing. If it comes from any one else...they hate it and it is horrible. It is not what it is, it is where it was coming from. This is what makes them huge hypocrites.

If Sakura fails...she is useless. If Hinata fails, she is praised for trying.
If Sakura is obsessive...it is disgusting. If Hinata is obsessive, it is cute.
If Sakura is big boobed...she is oversexualized. If Hinata has big boobs she is beautiful.
If Sakura hits her child because she is bad, it is bad. If Hinata hits her kid if they were bad, it is discipline.
If Sakura faints "look how weak she is." If Hinata faints "she fought so hard to exhaustion."
If Sakura wears revealing clothing, she is a whore. If Hinata wears revealing clothing...she is independent expressive woman.
If Sakura saves Naruto's life wanting to promote his dream "She is doing her job." If Hinata nearly causes the death of Naruto because she wants Naruto to bone her..."She is expressing her true pure feelings."
If Sakura masters a class-S technique that very few could master. "She is so pathetic." If Hinata takes forever to learn even the most basic of her own clans techniques "Look how gifted she is." (She finally learned a technique that Neji mastered in part 1.)

It's what it is...it is who it is.

More proof is looking at their reactions to Boruto.
If Salad is supposedly "just like Sakura," then why isn't she hated? She is flat-chested, obsessed with Boruto,  wears slutty clothing, and doesn't really add much to the plot, so why isn't Salad hated?

That is another weird logic.
They tell us Salad is Sasuke and Sakura's daughter. "She has both of their personalities. Especially Sakura's as you can see, so Salad is definitely Sakura's kid."
Boruto is just like Naruto. "Same personalities, again."
But when you bring up the idea that they actually think NaruSaku was a better pairing because they like Boruto and Salad better than Boruto and Sumire (who is basically Hinata 2.0. Big-boobs, loves Boruto, shy, and blah blah blah.)
They retort by saying "Well, Salad is actually more like Sasuke so BoruSa is basically a new age SNS."

See, the facts only matter when it fits THEIR agenda. Salad is Sakura's kid because she is more like Sakura than Sasuke...until they realize that it basically supports the idea that maybe they think NS and SK should have been canon if BS is an "ideal couple" then all of sudden she stops being Sakura's kid and becomes more Sasuke's kid.

Although, because this is becoming a realization, they support BoruSumi more now. If there is any hint of NS in any way being a "good thing," they abandon ship or abandon logic entirely. They want to have it both ways. Any negative connotation to NH and SS and a threat to the status quo of said pairings is deemed not worthy and thrown out.

I have seen this occur many of times. They would rather Salad not be Sakura's kid and compromise the sanctity of SS than admit that if BS is anything like NS, then they admit NS was a far better couple than NH.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one
-Miyazaki
(Not a real quote, but I love to make funny things.)
This picture basically sums up modern mainstream anime in a nutshell

big image

EXACTLY. I have had this opinion for years And I will continue to bring it to my grave :yes:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26751 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:58 PM

Unfortunately, TV Tropes is the kind of place that attracts the types of fans who are passionate enough to, well, edit TV tropes. As such, one can expect a good amount of bias at times no matter how they much they want to claim to be objective. I was actually talking about this the other day with a buddy about Gundam IBO (puts a quarter in the Gundam jar), when he was curious about some of the reactions to the story. It's pages will talk heavily about how the protagonists are the heroes fighting against the bad guys, like in any other series. The TV tropes community though ended up moving different interpretations to a separate, contained page. Namely the very real possibility that the protagonists were the villains, attempting to take over the world while aiding a social Darwinist. It's a big part of the story, but you wouldn't think it from the other pages.

TvTropes is complete crap.

#26752 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:28 PM

tumblr_inline_p8ze2rjzYq1s677nz_500.jpg

#26753 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:56 AM

TvTropes is complete crap.

I think it's part of a bigger cultural issue where young people are no longer being challenged, leaving to a lack of critical thinking skills in the name of preserving their "feelings" and "emotional wellbeing." They're not being taught how to think, period, and they can't stand it when things don't go their way.

iSP2FNe.png

#26754 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:12 PM

I think it's part of a bigger cultural issue where young people are no longer being challenged, leaving to a lack of critical thinking skills in the name of preserving their "feelings" and "emotional wellbeing." They're not being taught how to think, period, and they can't stand it when things don't go their way.

Yeah. That's a good way to put it for sure!

#26755 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:50 AM

tumblr_inline_p8ze2rjzYq1s677nz_500.jpg

tumblr_ntaoof57GX1ur6seno6_500.gif

sora_and_kairi__kings_and_queens_by_thun

maxresdefault.jpg

These couples are better than Naruto and Twilight. Post other couple pictures that are better.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 20 January 2019 - 05:39 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#26756 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:46 AM

The thing with hating Sakura is simple: She got in the way of their ship, and simply chose to hate her no matter what. As someone mentioned, people like Sawyer claim Sakura reminds them of the girls that friendzoned them in highschool...if you're a 20+ year old dude and are still holding a grudge over that, that's probably why.

Also, when your story is targeted at a younger audience, you're going to have a vocal segment that hates one aspect of your story, but if you actually take the time to read what they say, you can tell they have no idea what they're talking about. 

The easy thing for Kishimoto to have done was to prove everyone wrong about Sakura. Have her fight regularly, show her in a better light than Hinata (which he kind of has been doing) and just have her be willing to fight against, if not get outright over Sasuke. During the first part of Shippuden, the haters were silent. Even they had to admit they looked forward to seeing her abilities, but Kishi's mishandling her in the war arc permanently damaged her in the eyes of many.

At least with the Naruto wiki, they TRY to write professionally and appear unbiased. Even I can't blame them; their job is to give the facts in regard to the current canon, regardless of whether or not they feel the story's gone off the rails.

These people seem to like the idea of Kishimoto being a master troll, without realizing they are actually damaging his reputation in claiming that. Even bad writers are at least genuinely trying to make a story. If we take there word for this, Kishimoto only wasted everyone's time. In addition to wasting our time, he wasted the NH fans' time. Instead of developing the relationship clearly so no one would cry foul, he instead gave us no reason to like NH in the first place.

It's nothing new. Young people see something they like, they get butt hurt when they find a critical opinion. It's so important to them to feel validated they will attack anyone who thinks otherwise. Unfortunately, some carry this attitude well into adulthood. 

I remember when Korey from Spill/Double Toasted once did a show, bringing up how their fans were going "Man, I agreed with you up until this point", to which he shouted "Yes, because WE'RE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE!"

#26757 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:51 PM

The thing with hating Sakura is simple: She got in the way of their ship, and simply chose to hate her no matter what. As someone mentioned, people like Sawyer claim Sakura reminds them of the girls that friendzoned them in highschool...if you're a 20+ year old dude and are still holding a grudge over that, that's probably why.

Also, when your story is targeted at a younger audience, you're going to have a vocal segment that hates one aspect of your story, but if you actually take the time to read what they say, you can tell they have no idea what they're talking about. 

The easy thing for Kishimoto to have done was to prove everyone wrong about Sakura. Have her fight regularly, show her in a better light than Hinata (which he kind of has been doing) and just have her be willing to fight against, if not get outright over Sasuke. During the first part of Shippuden, the haters were silent. Even they had to admit they looked forward to seeing her abilities, but Kishi's mishandling her in the war arc permanently damaged her in the eyes of many.

While I agree, I truly believe there was nothing Kishi could do to make Sakura be liked by the people who hated her.

Apart from maybe changing her entire appearance and her behavior as well, thus making her into someone else. Basically making her into a Hinata is where I'm going with it. Maybe that would've had the effect of them liking her. And even that's a maybe since there was already Hinata.

Edited by Nostradamus, 11 December 2018 - 02:52 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#26758 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:14 PM

Wait. You used to watch Spill too?

Anyways the "Kishi is a troll," is just an excuse in order to dismiss most of the story. So it can be anything they want it to be. What? You can show them interviews where kishimoto says constantly he is trying his hardest, but clearly doesn't know what to do due to his editors' actions? Mis-translation. He is the king of trolls, and he is actually laughing at anyone that thinks he doesn't know what he is doing. Though, they do agree he forgets plot points. But like I said in order for that be the case; he eventually had to stop, and tell "the actual story." He still hasn't done it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 December 2018 - 05:54 PM.

#26759 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

In terms of IBO, it probably stems from the fact that most of the main characters are...well...kids (as is usually the case), but unlike a bunch of other Gundam protagonists, we're blatantly shown that that these kids have a hard life and be treated badly and such (whereas ones like Judau Ashta are still portrayed to be pretty happy despite how hard their lives are) and so it makes people sympathize with them more easily and eventually get to where it seems like if you dare call them out on their words and actions, you're somehow just as bad as the people who mistreated them before.

....kind of like Naruto now...you dare call out Naruto's crap and you can get accused of being no better than the people who mistreated him as a kid. XP

2e5.gif

#26760 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:47 AM

Yup. Entitlement. And "entitlement", is a b*!ch, for those that think themselves entitled or those that support that sort of thought. It is that kind of thinking that ruined the series when you think about it, and I'm not just talking about Hinata. All of Kishi's editors after Yahagi left felt ENTITLED to tell Kishi how to write his story, SP's Naruto/Boruto male staff members felt ENTITLED to their "Hinata pants jizzing" that they have to promote her at regular intervals during the anime's run, and all authorities on this god forsaken franchise felt ENTITLED to continue milking this series beyond bone dry from the skeleton that used to be a cow even though the creator said so himself he was done with it and wanted it to end. You see where I'm getting at, right? Hinata being "entitled" to Naruto was just a micro-organism to the continuous SPREADING CANCER called ENTITLEMENT that ruined all of Naruto. And Kishi just stopped saying "no" in the end to these "entitled" kittens :down:  :dry:

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 December 2018 - 05:21 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users