Close
Photo

How Do You Feel About Fanservice In Anime?

Fanservice Opinion Anime

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 The Deity Zero

The Deity Zero

Diety of Jutsu

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Taking over the world, blood, murder, darkness etc.

Not really.

Favorite Naruto characters: Rock Lee, Hinata, Guy, Kakashi, Gaara

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

I do not care for sexually based fan service. I like development oriented fan service (no I'm not talkig about the bones Kishi throws to the NH shippers here and there). Stuff like showing back stories or drawing parallels between previous events and current ones. That's one reason I like Naruto. Kishi does stuff like that a lot and I'm pretty sure it's one reason that he's a successful manga author person thing.
BELIEVE IT

#42 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

Stuff like showing back stories or drawing parallels between previous events and current ones. 

I think that's just good writing and fleshing the story out more than fan service.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#43 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:43 AM

Generally, It often is a waste of narrative time and treats the audience like they're stupid.

WOW just WOW!!!
SK-303_image007.jpg

#44 The Deity Zero

The Deity Zero

Diety of Jutsu

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Taking over the world, blood, murder, darkness etc.

Not really.

Favorite Naruto characters: Rock Lee, Hinata, Guy, Kakashi, Gaara

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:26 AM

I think that's just good writing and fleshing the story out more than fan service.

It's both depending on the story.
BELIEVE IT

#45 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

I don't mind it personally. There are cases where I face-palm at it because it is truly ridiculous, but overall I don't mind it. I just don't like it being so blatant and on purpose like the protagonist tripping for no reason and accidentally groping a female. It makes no sense and even the few series that I like with that in it I still get a bit annoyed since again it makes no sense. Healthy doses in moderation for me. I agree that it is kind of sexist and objectifying though, but remember it does not have reflection on real life either.

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 September 2014 - 04:10 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#46 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

I'm so used to fanservice in anime now, that I truly just do not care.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#47 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

Is it me or this thread just going to be turned into "All men are sexist" debate again? -sigh-

Honestly, I don't care either way. I am not bothered by it nor care for it either.

Here is a male on male female fan service played for laughs literally called "Fanservice attack"

Fanservice attack?

Ouren High School Host club have tones of female fanservice in it and practically is the whole point of the business in general, but I still watch it for the comedy.

High School of the Dead plays it both straight and comedy
HOTD

At least I thought this was amusing albeit a little gratuitous. Although this doesn't happen in the manga at all.

And then there is this...which...I can't....just watch....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-fFT-gdJC4

I think at the end of the day I like fan service when it is played for laughs than actual service. That last one is both mocking men and women in a way on how we sexualize everything and how sometimes women sexualize themselves believing that that is all men care about which is a horrible stereotype as well.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 06 September 2014 - 05:23 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#48 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

I think at the end of the day I like fan service when it is played for laughs than actual service. That last one is both mocking men and women in a way on how we sexualize everything and how sometimes women sexualize themselves believing that that is all men care about which is a horrible stereotype as well.

I agree. I don't really care if it's sexual or not... if it's funny I like it xD I usually like it. And LOL those videos hahaha

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#49 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

I agree. I don't really care if it's sexual or not... if it's funny I like it xD I usually like it. And LOL those videos hahaha

I love this one too

Oh and you know the "OH YEAH!" sound effect from HOTD and several other anime? I put it as my ringtone. I love that so much XDD

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

Muh feminism

/thread.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 09 September 2014 - 02:06 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#51 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

HOTD was probably the biggest fanservice anime I've ever seen and I didn't mind. My husband and I had a good laugh whenever something happened. Like others have said I personally don't mind it nor do I care if it happens.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#52 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

I don't really mind it. As long as the story is good.

No Game No Life has a lot of fan service but it's one of the best anime in 2014.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#53 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

I don't really mind it. As long as the story is good.

No Game No Life has a lot of fan service but it's one of the best anime in 2014.

I think it's regular for me, the story starts going well but it goes downhill in terms of plot but the comedy makes it up.

I support that because it's a Brazillian light novel.

Other LN that i support is Tate no Yuusha also known as shield hero, the premise is almost similar to Sword Art Online, but the MC inst a gary stu and the world as a lot of son of b...., he struggles to keep going further and depends on his "slave" that grows up.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 10 September 2014 - 11:56 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users