Close
Photo

If Studio Pierrot didn't do Naruto what Studio whould want to have done it insted?

Anime Naruto Naruto Anime Naruto Shippuden Studio Pierrot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#1 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

As we all know Studio Pierrot does the Naruto and Naruto Shippuden Anime, we also have mixed feelings about the Studio itself. While it has given us much enjoyment and that the Anime is what first got most of us into to Naruto, the Studio is the main cause that gives us Sakura and NaruSaku fans a hard time.

Mainly cause of their fillers with over hype Hinata (166 being the worse case, which is supposed to be a canon episode) and not always doing good with Sakura (though they did good with the food pills and the speech she gave Sai in the Hidan & Kakazu arc, but gave her that line in the Kage arc as to who she should heal first between Naruto & Sasuke).

Not to mention their fillers arcs they do can get on our nerves, though I personally liked the Sora, Three Tails, Ukataka and Chikra arcs which I think were pretty good. Though I will admit for most of the Movies they did pretty well when it came to Sakura, not including RTN.

But if they never did get to do the Naruto Anime which studio would you have liked to have made the Anime instead?

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 14 October 2013 - 11:36 PM.

#2 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

I dunno, madhouse or sunrise?

ナルサク

#3 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

As we all know Studio Pierrot does the Naruto and Naruto Shippuden Anime, we also have mixed feelings about the Studio itself. While it has given us much enjoyment and that the Anime is what first got most of us into to Naruto, the Studio is the main cause that gives us Sakura and NaruSaku fans a hard time.

Mainly cause of their fillers with over hype Hinata (166 being the worse case, which is supposed to be a canon episode) and not always doing good with Sakura (though they did good with the food pills and the speech she gave Sai in the Hidan & Kakazu arc, but gave her that line in the Kage arc as to who she should heal first between Naruto & Sasuke).

Not to mention their fillers arcs they do can get on our nerves, though I personally liked the Sora, Three Tails, Ukataka and Chikra arcs which I think were pretty good. Though I will admit for most of the Movies they did pretty well when it came to Sakura, not including RTN.

But if they never did get to do the Naruto Anime which studio would you have liked to have made the Anime instead?

I dont know but certainly the guys who were behind Saint Seiya because srsly their arc fillers were so good that makes you believe it's canon.

Naruto's arc fillers doesnt make sense with the story and worse some doesnt link with it, Utakata is an example he used bijuu chakra in front of Naruto and didnt noticed he was also a jinchuuriki like him, Naruto fillers are crap.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 14 October 2013 - 11:20 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Honestly, I have been dreaming that Naruto would have got another studio to do it and it would be awesome, well enough for me. Same for One Piece. Now, it's coming back to me, especially since I recently going back to anime. It doesn't help that watching it now makes me say, "Sigh, why Naruto can't get this budget, dammit! The music, animations, and great directions in when to use the best of the best at the best timing." Yes, still looking at Pain Arc for this...Sigh, a man can dream.

#5 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

I dont know but certainly the guys who were behind Saint Seiya because srsly their arc fillers were so good that makes you believe it's canon.

Naruto's arc fillers doesnt make sense with the story and worse some doesnt link with it, Utakata is an example he used bijuu chakra in front of Naruto and didnt noticed he was also a jinchuuriki like him, Naruto fillers are crap.

Yeah that's kind of true still I like what they did with the character and the whole Student and Master bond theme they played in it.

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

I find the filler arc (note: only arcs) in here not bad. Chikara was my favorite, though still has faults, and I'm pretty sure you know what is it. But they're not that bad. Single ones are hit and miss. The miss would be usually the part 1 setting probably because they can go all over the top with them. Remind me of filler hell, so there you go.

#7 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

I find the filler arc (note: only arcs) in here not bad. Chikara was my favorite, though still has faults, and I'm pretty sure you know what is it. But they're not that bad. Single ones are hit and miss. The miss would be usually the part 1 setting probably because they can go all over the top with them. Remind me of filler hell, so there you go.

I take it you mean that one Hinata scene, still I have to admit that was the best thing they did in along time when it came to filler.

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

I take it you mean that one Hinata scene, still I have to admit that was the best thing they did in along time when it came to filler.

Well, not just that but for the record, I wasn't that effected by it. Probably because I already accepted that she's a create-a-character character in anime, so yeah. Lol. But really, yeah it was. It also made me sad that this is the only time that the animation was consistent. It's nice and all, but man, sometimes I hate to see other anime only to look at this and always notice the major difference in art and animation. It's seriously night and day with them. I just don't know why they can't choose one and stick to it. I know, the budget, but don't get the ones that really show a major difference in a negative way. Sigh.

#9 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Naruto fillers are crap if you pay attention to the plot, what makes fillers good it's their plot, Saint Seiya whole Asgard Saga was filler but the plot was so well done and it managed to connect nicely with the next canon arc.

Chikara is a short filler arc with no connection whatesover but the plot was going fine when it was only Naruto's team, it had a purpose but then the anime team guessed that "Fanservice" must've made, so they managed to put all the k11 just to get sidelined(They did nothing on the whole filler arc which makes me guess what they were doing there") There's Hinata's fanservice on which she hold Naruto when he fell to the ground and used her healing jutsu.

In short, Chikara lacked plot, the anime team bought up all the k11 but didnt knew what to do with them other than give fanservice.

It's the same problems with other filler arc, they lack plot and exagerate on characters traits.

Making Naruto seem more stupidier and Sakura and abusive girl that hits Naruto for nothing.

Not to mention that the villains are a recicled version of the villains of the movies.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 15 October 2013 - 12:04 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Naruto fillers are crap if you pay attention to the plot, what makes fillers good it's their plot, Saint Seiya whole Asgard Saga was filler but the plot was so well done and it managed to connect nicely with the next canon arc.

Chikara is a short filler arc with no connection whatesover but the plot was going fine when it was only Naruto's team, it had a purpose but then the anime team guessed that "Fanservice" must've made, so they managed to put all the k11 just to get sidelined(They did nothing on the whole filler arc which makes me guess what they were doing there") There's Hinata's fanservice on which she hold Naruto when he fell to the ground and used her healing jutsu.

In short, Chikara lacked plot, the anime team bought up all the k11 but didnt knew what to do with them other than give fanservice.

It's the same problems with other filler arc, they lack plot and exagerate on characters traits.

Making Naruto seem more stupidier and Sakura and abusive girl that hits Naruto for nothing.

Well, yeah, plot is something that needed to be done well, and only chikara arc did good. Not to say it was grand or spectacular, it was acceptable. Yeah, you know K11 wasn't really needed and the last episode shows it. It's one of those Bleach syndrome: must have everyone in the arc. I didn't think it was necessary at all. Yeah, they want them for fanservice, but that caused the plot to put on hold and/or lose the opportunity to add more. If anything, the original characters were good, as in those two adults. I know the DVD version has more to the ending, but no one has it. Anyway, to each of their own, but I understand your point. I admit, I always laugh when you bring up the ostrich episode.

#11 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

Well, not just that but for the record, I wasn't that effected by it. Probably because I already accepted that she's a create-a-character character in anime, so yeah. Lol. But really, yeah it was. It also made me sad that this is the only time that the animation was consistent. It's nice and all, but man, sometimes I hate to see other anime only to look at this and always notice the major difference in art and animation. It's seriously night and day with them. I just don't know why they can't choose one and stick to it. I know, the budget, but don't get the ones that really show a major difference in a negative way. Sigh.

I take it that a character who is filled with lots of fillers or something?  I must admit they can't seem to make up their mind when it comes to animation.

Not to mention that the villains are a recicled version of the villains of the movies.

Well I think the fillers Sora and Three Tails arcs did good when it came to connecting to the plot. Though I must admit that your right when most of the K11 didn't really do much in the Chikara arc, the only ones I'd keep would have been Kakashi and team 10 due to the fact Hidan was there.

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

I take it that a character who is filled with lots of fillers or something?  I must admit they can't seem to make up their mind when it comes to animation.

What I mean is that the animation sticks to one art style that the only way to tell the difference is the animation when movement becomes a test. Take any other anime for example. At times, it's hard to tell if the animation/art has been changed or not because they still have one style throughout. FMA Brotherhood did this job really well, that I couldn't tell if one is replaced or not. Naruto, however, you can really tell when jumping from one episode to another. I remember once Chikara ended, I saw the preview for next episode and said, "Whoa! Change!" So it's always hard to keep it consistent. Animation can move differently due to budget cut, but the art should remain the same. That's why I still believe Immortal Arc was handled really well. No, it's not because the huge amount of additional NS scenes (though they are really nice), it's the art still remain intact and the animation is used when the time was truly needed. Though the joke could be no Hinata, no worries, but I digress.

#13 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

What I mean is that the animation sticks to one art style that the only way to tell the difference is the animation when movement becomes a test. Take any other anime for example. At times, it's hard to tell if the animation/art has been changed or not because they still have one style throughout. FMA Brotherhood did this job really well, that I couldn't tell if one is replaced or not. Naruto, however, you can really tell when jumping from one episode to another. I remember once Chikara ended, I saw the preview for next episode and said, "Whoa! Change!" So it's always hard to keep it consistent. Animation can move differently due to budget cut, but the art should remain the same. That's why I still believe Immortal Arc was handled really well. No, it's not because the huge amount of additional NS scenes (though they are really nice), it's the art still remain intact and the animation is used when the time was truly needed. Though the joke could be no Hinata, no worries, but I digress.

Ah yeah the war arc is proof of diferent styles mainly the Madara vs the 4th divison episode.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 15 October 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#14 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

Ah yeah the war arc is proof of diferent style mainly the Madara vs the 4th divison episode.

Well the other ironic problem is that the art of those animation (mainly Chikara), while great, doesn't really lined-up nicely with the others. The reason is because it's too good. Yes, I said it. Again, if you're going to have one style, stick to only one. I would love all episodes to have Chikara arc design as in less outlines, somewhat blur motion effect (maybe just me), and plenty of joints movement, not to mention probably the best Sakura design to rely on. But if the budget is the problem, then stick to episode 81, which was great yet lined up the usual animation style. It's actually my favorite animation.

#15 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Bones probably...the animation from FMAB was really done well. Sometimes Pierrot animations, especially during some events in the Pain arc look as if they were made out of paper...

The soundtrack in brotherhood was gorgeous...the soundtrack in Naruto has its moments...but is not to be remembered.

Edited by Strangelove, 15 October 2013 - 12:59 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#16 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Bones probably...the animation from FMAB was really done well. Sometimes Pierrot animations, especially during some events in the Pain arc look as if they were made out of paper...

The soundtrack in brotherhood was gorgeous...the soundtrack in Naruto has its moments...but is not to be remembered.

Ooh, I like that idea. FMAB was wonderfully done, both animation and soundtrack, oh what could have been.

#17 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

In terms of animation, who does Attack on Titan? I love their animation!

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#18 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

A very new studio, founded in 2012. Beautiful animation and soundtrack, but since I read the manga I know the horrible changes they made. :ermm:

About Bones, I loved their work on FMA, but I haven't seen enough of them. The same with Production I.G who animates Kuroko no basket, I think they did a fairly good job, but I don't want to make an overall judgement from one series. Pierrot did a much better job with Bleach than Naruto, the only common flaw is fillers.

Madhouse and Sunrise are big studios who animated lots of series like Hunter x Hunter, Death Note, Code Geass, Hajime no ippo etc. I don't want to be prejudiced, but since I love these shows I find the companies behind them more trustworthy. :P

ナルサク

#19 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

Good god, I would so love that. I felt so envy coming out of that show. Note: only talking about budget, sushi.

#20 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Good god, I would so love that. I felt so envy coming out of that show. Note: only talking about budget, sushi.

What do you mean? Q_Q

ナルサク

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anime, Naruto, Naruto Anime, Naruto Shippuden, Studio Pierrot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users