#81 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:43 AM

I don't think it is necessary move.
Because I never see sakura parent to play that big role either.
I think their character could play like ichiraku.

Oh but then her backstory wouldn't be as interesting

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#82 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:18 AM

Oh but then her backstory wouldn't be as interesting

I think what make her character interesting is her development.
And kishi failed on that.

I associate sakura with ordinary people along with rock lee and ten ten.
So, what deed she accomplished as an ordinary people is what make her interesting.

If kishi want to make her backstory interesting, then don't do it half hearth. Make her as descendant of senju clan, and it will explain why she had perfect chakra control and genjutsu potential.

#83 goldenarms

goldenarms

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:08 AM

I think what make her character interesting is her development.
And kishi failed on that.

I associate sakura with ordinary people along with rock lee and ten ten.
So, what deed she accomplished as an ordinary people is what make her interesting.

If kishi want to make her backstory interesting, then don't do it half hearth. Make her as descendant of senju clan, and it will explain why she had perfect chakra control and genjutsu potential.

Rock Lee is anything but ordinary.

And to be truthful, I feel that Masashi was trying to play her up as the girl in the middle, and he excelled at that. Perhaps too well, as she's pretty much in the middle of the zone. Like being too fat to be the sexy fit guy that gets all the smoking hot girls, but not fat enough to be the jolly fat guy that gets all the exotic hot girls.

For that backstory to work, I think they don't exactly need to be ninja either. But at least making one of her parents a ninja would make things interesting because not only it would give us a family of a ninja marrying a civilian, a thing we didn't really see but it could also explain   and add interesting things about the Haruno family, for example maybe she could get some moves based on her father's family special genjustu or things like that.

Her father being a ninja could also open way for Sakura's father sacrifice in favor of Naruto, when he completely leaves his prejudice behind and choses to trust the jinchuuriki during some moment in the story

I don't think it is necessary move.
Because I never see sakura parent to play that big role either.

Basically. Besides, there are more than enough characters that fill that initial "distrust before, but come to trust him now" role already, plus, there is something to be said for pacing. If anything, character popularity would make a difference in whose story gets told. For example, Masashi originally had wanted to have Tsunade fight Pain for a bit. It was cut, due to pacing concerns. Too much stuff would slow down the feel of the story, while not enough makes things feel chaotic and unfocused.

Edited by goldenarms, 26 April 2015 - 04:17 AM.

#84 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

Rock Lee is anything but ordinary.

And to be truthful, I feel that Masashi was trying to play her up as the girl in the middle, and he excelled at that. Perhaps too well, as she's pretty much in the middle of the zone. Like being too fat to be the sexy fit guy that gets all the smoking hot girls, but not fat enough to be the jolly fat guy that gets all the exotic hot girls.

Basically. Besides, there are more than enough characters that fill that initial "distrust before, but come to trust him now" role already, plus, there is something to be said for pacing. If anything, character popularity would make a difference in whose story gets told. For example, Masashi originally had wanted to have Tsunade fight Pain for a bit. It was cut, due to pacing concerns. Too much stuff would slow down the feel of the story, while not enough makes things feel chaotic and unfocused.

Rock Lee is painfully ordinary at the beginning of his ninja career, he got strong only through sheer hard work since he can't use ninjutsu or genjutsu

My point is that we never had an inside on the mind of the villagers that distrusted the kyuubi host, so having one (or two) of the MC's parents as part of this group of people would be interesting.

The thing about coming to trust Naruto would come naturally as it did for the entire Konoha

And as I said adding an interesting backstory to Sakura's cahracter would not only help her popularity but it could also fit some of the main themes in the story, frankly I don't see a lot of those pacing issues regarding adding a backstory to a character ( a main one at that) , heck it happened to the uchihas all the time

Edited by Nar123, 26 April 2015 - 11:49 PM.

#85 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:59 PM

@nar123
Uchiha is the star of this manga.
I can't believe I have to agree with sasuke fan that this manga should rename as sasuke.

#86 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:40 AM

@nar123
I can't believe I have to agree with sasuke fan that this manga should rename as sasuke.

I can't believe I have to agree with anti-Sakura fan.

#87 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:58 AM

Maybe make Sakura the Tsunade's daughter/granddaughter and that the reason she acted so uptight in the beginning was because so much is expected out of her. Perhaps we get a scene early on where she's at home being chewed out by her parents for not being "good enough" and/or not living up to perfection. That ways, readers become more sympathetic towards her as opposed to disliking her for the way she acts around Naruto. Perhaps her infatuation with Sasuke being the result of being told that that's the kind of person (good looks and high aptitude) she should date. The "inner Sakura" is the part of her that wants to break away from this and Naruto's free-spiritedness is something she admires in secret. 

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 27 April 2015 - 01:02 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#88 goldenarms

goldenarms

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:33 PM

@nar123

Not so much, since everything that happens in the manga is directly because of the Uchiha bullheadedness, from Sasuke to Indra, leaving it up to someone else to clean up their messes.

Maybe make Sakura the Tsunade's daughter/granddaughter and that the reason she acted so uptight in the beginning was because so much is expected out of her. Perhaps we get a scene early on where she's at home being chewed out by her parents for not being "good enough" and/or not living up to perfection. That ways, readers become more sympathetic towards her as opposed to disliking her for the way she acts around Naruto. Perhaps her infatuation with Sasuke being the result of being told that that's the kind of person (good looks and high aptitude) she should date. The "inner Sakura" is the part of her that wants to break away from this and Naruto's free-spiritedness is something she admires in secret. 

So, basically, you want to give Sakura Hinata's backstory...

Edited by goldenarms, 27 April 2015 - 11:34 PM.

#89 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:39 PM

Not so much, since everything that happens in the manga is directly because of the Uchiha bullheadedness, from Sasuke to Indra, leaving it up to someone else to clean up their messes.

So, basically, you want to give Sakura Hinata's backstory...

Not quite (no "branch issue to resolve), but it'd make more sense for Sakura than some passive and timid shy girl.

Posted Image

#90 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:53 PM

1. Don't make her Sasuke's slave.

#91 goldenarms

goldenarms

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:03 AM

Not quite (no "branch issue to resolve), but it'd make more sense for Sakura than some passive and timid shy girl.

Ignore the details -- it's basically Hinata's backstory. Parents tell her that she's not good enough for the family's standards, and she secretly admires the main character for being able to live life on his own terms. Also, have you stopped to consider that Sakura would turn out to be shy and timid herself, having such "glowing" criticism of her abilities for almost a decade? She certainly has the potential for it, given what we do know about her past.

Cause and effect is funny like that.

Edited by goldenarms, 28 April 2015 - 01:04 AM.

#92 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:15 AM

Ignore the details -- it's basically Hinata's backstory. Parents tell her that she's not good enough for the family's standards, and she secretly admires the main character for being able to live life on his own terms. Also, have you stopped to consider that Sakura would turn out to be shy and timid herself, having such "glowing" criticism of her abilities for almost a decade? She certainly has the potential for it, given what we do know about her past.

Yep, it's a good backstory, too bad that it didn't really worked in Hinata's case thanks to the author, it basically didn't matter after part 1 and then later it was retconned

Nevertheless I don't think that being brought up in such circunstamces would cause someone to be shy and timid, each person is a different person, it's the same with characters. Look at Hanabi in early part 1, she was brought up in the same environment of Hinata and she was still different from her sister

#93 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:37 AM

Have ino doesn't help sakura, we will see a shy bookworm sakura.

#94 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

Possibly, but this isn't really of any concern. Kishi could give Orochimaru, Kisame or Hidan that backstory for all I care. It isn't about how she could have turned out, but what Kishi could've done with her character. Here, I'm claiming that if Sakura were to have that backstory, the people who hated her character since the beginning might not have ended up hating her since her backstory would be a lot more sympathetic. This in turn may have prevented her from plummeting on the popularity polls.

Considering he did nothing with Hinata throughout the entirety of the manga, a backstory along those lines could've been better served with a more important character.

Posted Image

#95 SasuIno.NaruSaku

SasuIno.NaruSaku

Lord Sasuke

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Watxh Anime , Hanging Out w Friends , Basketball Ballislife and Please Follow Me On Instagram @fabulous.sasuke.uchiha if you have Naruto, MultiFandom or Anime Accounts on Instagram in General.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

Let's see how Kishimoto could of increased Sakura's popularity is :

- He have get rid of her love for Sasuke Uchiha . 

- Made her and many other female characters have better development . 

- Made her realize her strong obvious feelings toward Naruto Uzumaki .

- Should of Never put her with Sasuke , her develop as a character dropped drastically . 

- Kept her as a Main Character , instead of replacing her to a Side Character .

Please let me know if I must anything else . 

#96 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

It might be weird to say change the ending pairing because that's only a small part of the bigger picture, but I too hate that Sakura's development was simplified to - when she's with Naruto=Awesome, strong, selfless, confident, opinionated etc..

and with Sasuke= Everything but. In many ways the opposite.

SS always put Sakura in a bad light, and NS put her in a good light. I think it's a shame, even tho it's one of the main reasons I prefer ns over ss. An example is how she went delivering a war speech to the whole shinobi army, and telling Naruto to treat her like the strong woman she is, to pleading Sasuke to give her a place in his heart, and not being able to speak properly with him after the war. Her development should've been done chronologically, not back and forth based on what boy she interacts with.

Edited by sushi., 28 April 2015 - 06:29 PM.

ナルサク

#97 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

The first arc should have her fighting someone to begin with. That way, it can at least silence some fans about lack of fighting in first impression.

#98 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

The first arc should have her fighting someone to begin with. That way, it can at least silence some fans about lack of fighting in first impression.

You know, fans got really biased against her in the beginning not bc she didn't fought at all but because it took Sakura quite some time to recognize her weakness. KIshi took too much time to introduce her resolve and then after her fight in the forest of death and against Ino he just forgot it

For example just look at what he did with Naruto, in his first "fight " against the demon brothers he was pathetic and needed to be saved by Sasuke, in his "fight "against Zabuza he developed, shoowed resolve and saved Kakashi.

Edited by Nar123, 28 April 2015 - 08:37 PM.

#99 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:41 PM

You know, fans got really biased against her in the beginning not bc she didn't fought at all but because it took Sakura quite some time to recognize her weakness. KIshi took too much time to introduce her resolve and then after her fight in the forest of death and against Ino he just forgot it

For example just look at what he did with Naruto, in his first "fight " against the demon brothers he was pathetic and needed to be saved by Sasuke, in his "fight "against Zabuza he developed, shoowed resolve and saved Kakashi.

That's the problem. She didn't have anything to overshadow. It was the first arc. She should have fought to learn this. Instead, the waiting game happened and people can't decide whether to care or not.

#100 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:51 PM

This is why Kishi ought to have adopted the whole One Piece style "boss, sub-boss, minions" trope for each story arc. That way, relevant characters always get time to shine.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 28 April 2015 - 10:52 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users