• PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:01 AM

-give her a more interesting backstory

-give her a more interesting goal 

-give her a more interesting and unique fighting style

-give her more fights

-have her interact with more people than Team 7 more frequently

-make her a better friend to people who're supposed to be close to her like Naruto or Ino

-have her accomplish something significant in the narrative that isn't just her helping someone else do something

-DROP HER FEELINGS FOR SASUKE ENTIRELY OR REWRITE THEIR DYNAMICS TO THE POINT IT BECOMES A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RELATIONSHIP

-MAKE HER LEARN FROM HER MISTAKES, CHANGE AND MAKE SURE THAT CHANGE STICKS

#62 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:11 AM

-give her more fights

-make her a better friend to people who're supposed to be close to her like Naruto or Ino

-have her accomplish something significant in the narrative that isn't just her helping someone else do something

-DROP HER FEELINGS FOR SASUKE ENTIRELY OR REWRITE THEIR DYNAMICS TO THE POINT IT BECOMES A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RELATIONSHIP

%22This%22_gif.gif

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#63 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:15 AM

-give her more fights

sakura was the most supportive to naruto in the series though, and we couldn't see much of inosaku because brotherly bond took center stage.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#64 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

What could sakura interesting backstory?

#65 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:18 AM

sakura was the most supportive to naruto in the series though, and we couldn't see much of inosaku because brotherly bond took center stage.

She could have been more though, a few examples come to my mind like Jiraya's death aftermath, she could've at least appear to try to help.

And I always hated her rivalry with Ino over the Sauce, I think they should've just reconstructed their friendship back after their fight

#66 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:19 AM

What could sakura interesting backstory?

IMO

-Give her an interesting backstory, make her father or mother someone interesting, one option is portray one of her parents of both of them, as civilians part of the anti-Naruto/ Kyuubi group in Konoha  this would explain Sakura's early hate for Naruto and it would lead to interesting conflicts in the future.

#67 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:23 AM

She could have been more though, a few examples come to my mind like Jiraya's death aftermath, she could've at least appear to try to help.

And I always hated her rivalry with Ino over the Sauce, I think they should've just reconstructed their friendship back after their fight

kishi for some reason felt that shikamaru was the person to do that. just like he felt that shikamaru should be naruto's secretary even though sakura's been supporting his dream since part 1.

i don't mind it tbh. their relationship had potential but like many things it had to take a backseat. hell, her relationship with tsunade should have been explored more.

Edited by luffyq1, 25 April 2015 - 06:24 AM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#68 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:25 AM

@nar123
They doesn't even get introduce in manga.
I think, it would be better if naruto have interaction with sakura parent.
Since sakura is the only main cast that have parent alive.

#69 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:49 AM

Funny how Sasuke's & Naruto's dead parents were more important than Sakura's living ones. xD

#70 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

Funny how Sasuke's & Naruto's dead parents were more important than Sakura's living ones. xD

Ofc they are more important.
One is the title character & the other is his equal.

#71 Dario

Dario

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

l don't think so, l think that's just something us shippers convinced ourselves of but looking at it in a less passionate way now that l pretty much don't give a kitten about NaruSaku anymore l think she's been found wanting as Naruto's friend in more than one occasion (please do not try to convince me of the contrary l'm not interested in a debate and won't reply). As for her relationship with Ino it's a bad excuse. I'm not asking for it to take "center stage" but more scenes than Sakura rejoicing at the prospect of Ino being called ugly wouldn't have hurt.

#72 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

Ofc they are more important.
One is the title character & the other is his equal.

And Sakura is chopped liver. Who cares about the love interest & her parents even though they seem to explain a lot about her naive sheltered character! Even Kakashi got a talk with his dad.

#73 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

l don't think so, l think that's just something us shippers convinced ourselves of but looking at it in a less passionate way now that l pretty much don't give a kitten about NaruSaku anymore l think she's been found wanting as Naruto's friend in more than one occasion (please do not try to convince me of the contrary l'm not interested in a debate and won't reply). As for her relationship with Ino it's a bad excuse. I'm not asking for it to take "center stage" but more scenes than Sakura rejoicing at the prospect of Ino being called ugly wouldn't have hurt.

just because i said she was the most supportive of naruto doesn't mean it equals romantic interest. sakura was the most supportive of naruto out of anyone in this series, rather you see it as platonic or not. again, her relationship with ino had potential but you'd be kidding yourself if think it was going to get something more than what you described, especially since the guy who's handling them has a backwards view on how things work. 

Edited by luffyq1, 25 April 2015 - 01:28 PM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#74 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

And Sakura is chopped liver. Who cares about the love interest & her parents even though they seem to explain a lot about her naive sheltered character! Even Kakashi got a talk with his dad.

That because she's not the true heroine and love interest of the protagonist.
I'm talking about sasuke.

#75 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

@nar123
They doesn't even get introduce in manga.
I think, it would be better if naruto have interaction with sakura parent.
Since sakura is the only main cast that have parent alive.

Just introducing her parents and having them interact with Naruto wouldn't make for an interesting backstory 

If one of the MC's pairings had some kind of relation to how much Naruto suffered as a kid some good conflict could come out of there. 

For example, Kishimoto could make Sakura's father a ninja, her mother a civilian. Then through some background on Sakura's home we could learn they are part of the anit-Kyuubi brigade in konoha, this would serve to better explain Sakura's early behavior towards Naruto (she saw how her parents acted and did the same) 

Naruto's actions make Sakura genuinely his friend, and thus we could see eventually some snppshots of Sakura disagreeing with her parents and things like that regarding the whole Kyuubi matter (after she learns Kyuubis is in Naruto and that was the reason he was hated)

This has an amazing potential, Kishimoto could eventually conclude this giving Sakura some kind of new motivation not related to Sasuke and finally making her parents understand Naruto better, ultimately with her father sacrificing himself for Naruto's sake in some manner

This backstory could take little space in the storyline and still be interesting and give off a satisfying conclusion

Edited by Nar123, 25 April 2015 - 03:27 PM.

#76 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:16 PM

@nar123
I don't think sakura parent need to be a ninja.

#77 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

@nar123

For that backstory to work, I think they don't exactly need to be ninja either. But at least making one of her parents a ninja would make things interesting because not only it would give us a family of a ninja marrying a civilian, a thing we didn't really see but it could also explain   and add interesting things about the Haruno family, for example maybe she could get some moves based on her father's family special genjustu or things like that.

Her father being a ninja could also open way for Sakura's father sacrifice in favor of Naruto, when he completely leaves his prejudice behind and choses to trust the jinchuuriki during some moment in the story

Edited by Nar123, 25 April 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#78 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

I don't think it is necessary move.
Because I never see sakura parent to play that big role either.
I think their character could play like ichiraku.

#79 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

Honestly, wanting to be the greatest kunoichi ever would've been a better goal. Her crush on Sasuke could still be there, but it'd take less priority.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#80 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

@nar123

I do think they should be present at all cost to cover every possible solution. It's the first time seeing the person that has alive parents in hospital. Well, not first, but their parents did come.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 25 April 2015 - 05:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users