Close
Photo

Cid's Bar [The Planning Thread]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: RP-DIGIVOLVE POLL! (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Is krisk's new RP-formation with multiple threads idea straight-up awesome?

1. YES (8 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. NO (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I DON'T GET IT (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#21 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 14 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh no Krisk, too narrow-minded.... exploring Cid's past, his motivations and attitudes towards 'his' girls can be revealed in that thread. It could start out in one scene as a day of work is over, and then a character broaches the topic of Cid's past, story time, yada yada.....It could even be funny if during the tale, another one of yous can break the "flashback" mode and ask irritating questions :teehee:

LOLLLL so you wanna be the chief of your own thread and have us being your annoying little children during 'Cid Teim'? XDDD

go ahead and start it then! All you have to do is have Cid muse on how the work day was over, cleaning the bar table with a rag or something. Then have him think "those girl's are ready to know more about me" and then have him call over whoever (is allowed to post) and sit down on the bar stools and let're rip. :teehee:

or whatever ya want-- just an example X3

I totally recommend you to start it! "Storytime with Cid" or something wow.png I'm game 8D

#22 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

It's an interesting idea that I will gladly go along with. My issue with it still though is how many threads this is going to spawn. We'll be spamming the RPG forum with 'Cid's Bar-centric' threads, and even if we are the most *current* RP, that forum is home to many other RPs that people still like reading, and one day someone may want to create a new RP universe in there again. If all that they see are 'Cid's Bar' threads, pushing all other RPs down and possibly onto a new page all together, then they may be turned off from creating a new RP universe all together.

#23 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 14 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's an interesting idea that I will gladly go along with. My issue with it still though is how many threads this is going to spawn. We'll be spamming the RPG forum with 'Cid's Bar-centric' threads, and even if we are the most *current* RP, that forum is home to many other RPs that people still like reading, and one day someone may want to create a new RP universe in there again. If all that they see are 'Cid's Bar' threads, pushing all other RPs down and possibly onto a new page all together, then they may be turned off from creating a new RP universe all together.

Like I said, one day-- you've gotta just think about what's happening now. We can't wait forever for people to be interested y'know. And if that's too much of a problem why don't we create sub-forums in the RP section for different universes? The Sky-Pirate RP can have it's own sub-forum?

#24 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jan 14 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Sky-Pirate RP can have it's own sub-forum?

That would be better than cluttering up the entire RP forum with just our rping. I'll look into creating the sub-forum soon happy.gif

And something else that I wanted to know, like since we'll be doing different storylines in different threads, will there be fighting allowed in some of them if the need arises? Because as much as the whole 'no-fighting' concept was fine for the Cid's Bar 'homebase', it could get pretty boring pretty quickly in other threads, if in a Sky-Pirate universe there was no fighting at all going on XD

#25 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:55 AM

Well it is a bar, Shauna-sama, fighting's likely to happen. Fighting can actually factor in the fact that strange events happen, like what Cid's been saying, "Clown Convention of... '07" I think and a runaway lion from the zoo that Cid alluded to just earlier.... It's all sorts of wacky adventures, like an Anime Sitcom or something....

#26 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 14 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be better than cluttering up the entire RP forum with just our rping. I'll look into creating the sub-forum soon happy.gif

And something else that I wanted to know, like since we'll be doing different storylines in different threads, will there be fighting allowed in some of them if the need arises? Because as much as the whole 'no-fighting' concept was fine for the Cid's Bar 'homebase', it could get pretty boring pretty quickly in other threads, if in a Sky-Pirate universe there was no fighting at all going on XD

If ya need any help, I'M YOUR MANLY WIMMUN >BD

PSH, we've already fought the bad guys and the good guys in Cid's Bar already-- i think since our RP system is so relaxed we can do whatever we want xDD Though, I think the limit is actual war-stuff-- getting involved under official orders would be ... not our ballpark. XD

#27 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:08 AM

^^ *Nods to you both* Gotcha :thumbs:

So, when are we gonna start one of these 'branch-off' threads? :3

#28 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:34 AM

shad-kun had a really good idea and i told him to go ahead and start one but i guess he missed my post or something?

*shrugs* idk.

SHAD-KUN. START YOUR THREAD. GOGOGOGOOGOGOG 8D

#29 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

okay i'm at work and only running on 2 hours of sleep so forgive me if i may sound a little out of it at some points XD

okay i wanna start the 'Girl's Night Out' thread. and i want it to have *all* the girls who we all planned to be in that rp be able to participate. that includes Yoko's character 'Echo'. Yoko wanted to have Echo ask Cid if she could become a part-time or full-time, i'm not sure which one right now, as i said i'm a bit out of it XD

but yeah, Yoko was going to have Echo ask Cid if she could join his bar, so that she would be able to rp easily with the rest of us. So...*points epically at Yoko and shadow-kun*...Get posting you two, so that we can have Echo properly integrated into the plot XD

and then once that's done, the next thing that i want is to create a thread that will be a combination of 2 themes:

'Getting to know everyone' and 'First day at work'

in this thread EVERYONE will be allowed to post, as of course it will be not only be Raven and Echo's 1st day on the job, but also 'Vitty' and for the life of me Denim i can *not* remember ur charry's real name right now and i'm too tired to go look it up so he will be 'Vitty' to me from hence forth and dear lord this is one long run-on sentence XD

um...yeah...right...where was i again XD;

oh yay! um...yeah! the new thread! XDD;

okay so as i was saying *everyone* would be allowed to post in this 'getting to know everyone + 1st day at work' thread, because of course Cid as the boss needs to be there, plus all of his new and old employees, and of course any customer who wants to come in for drinks, food, or to just relax :3

so lets get cracking on this peoples! Yoko and shad post, get the ball rolling with Echo and Cid, and then i'll create the new thread :thumbs:

now...i haz to get back to work, cause i'm supposed to be like um, working here XD

*wobblez back off to get started on her work that she was avoiding to do this post* XDD

love u all! lataz! <33~

#30 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

Woman, you need sleep. get it when you get home. D8<

*goes off to post*

#31 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 15 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
okay i'm at work and only running on 2 hours of sleep so forgive me if i may sound a little out of it at some points XD

okay i wanna start the 'Girl's Night Out' thread. and i want it to have *all* the girls who we all planned to be in that rp be able to participate. that includes Yoko's character 'Echo'. Yoko wanted to have Echo ask Cid if she could become a part-time or full-time, i'm not sure which one right now, as i said i'm a bit out of it XD

but yeah, Yoko was going to have Echo ask Cid if she could join his bar, so that she would be able to rp easily with the rest of us. So...*points epically at Yoko and shadow-kun*...Get posting you two, so that we can have Echo properly integrated into the plot XD

and then once that's done, the next thing that i want is to create a thread that will be a combination of 2 themes:

'Getting to know everyone' and 'First day at work'

in this thread EVERYONE will be allowed to post, as of course it will be not only be Raven and Echo's 1st day on the job, but also 'Vitty' and for the life of me Denim i can *not* remember ur charry's real name right now and i'm too tired to go look it up so he will be 'Vitty' to me from hence forth and dear lord this is one long run-on sentence XD

um...yeah...right...where was i again XD;

oh yay! um...yeah! the new thread! XDD;

okay so as i was saying *everyone* would be allowed to post in this 'getting to know everyone + 1st day at work' thread, because of course Cid as the boss needs to be there, plus all of his new and old employees, and of course any customer who wants to come in for drinks, food, or to just relax :3

so lets get cracking on this peoples! Yoko and shad post, get the ball rolling with Echo and Cid, and then i'll create the new thread :thumbs:

now...i haz to get back to work, cause i'm supposed to be like um, working here XD

*wobblez back off to get started on her work that she was avoiding to do this post* XDD

love u all! lataz! <33~

>w>...

oh and problem with the Girl's Night Out Thread-- since the mini-threads are gonna be set chronologically, we've gotta make sure the girls know eachother really well before they decide to go out and spend time together. Gotta think of the hours of akwardsauce to avoid y'know. XD

#32 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jan 16 2009, 04:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.oh and problem with the Girl's Night Out Thread-- since the mini-threads are gonna be set chronologically, we've gotta make sure the girls know eachother really well before they decide to go out and spend time together. Gotta think of the hours of akwardsauce to avoid y'know. XD

Aw, come on krisk. First you say that we can create whatever thread we want, now you're saying that we have to wait. Do you know how long it would probably take in the 'home-base' Cid's Bar thread for them to really *really* get to know each other. And remember, I had said that 'Girl's Night Out' would come after the 'First day at work + Getting to know each other thread.' And also, the whole point of a girl's night out thread *would* be to get to know each other better. Like to go out on the town, *away* from just the bar setting and to have some fun, and get to know each other in a new and different environment.

But you're the organizer, so I'll go along with whatever you want to do.

#33 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 16 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aw, come on krisk. First you say that we can create whatever thread we want, now you're saying that we have to wait. Do you know how long it would probably take in the 'home-base' Cid's Bar thread for them to really *really* get to know each other. And remember, I had said that 'Girl's Night Out' would come after the 'First day at work + Getting to know each other thread.' And also, the whole point of a girl's night out thread *would* be to get to know each other better. Like to go out on the town, *away* from just the bar setting and to have some fun, and get to know each other in a new and different environment.

But you're the organizer, so I'll go along with whatever you want to do.

I'm just saying-- you have to keep in mind of the plot-line in each thread. And since I didn't think about that thread having us get to knowing eachother, then it's perfect! I just thought that we'd jump right into the bar hopping part y'know XDDD I'm pretty sure we can get the 'hey where'd ya from' convo in sometime that night. X3

And now that ya mention it, I hope ya mean First Day At Work will be a separate thread all in it's own right? That thread would be about only training the newbies.

#34 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

Apologies. I've been a tad busy off-line of late. What have I missed?

As its 3am for me right now, I'll reply to any and all posts in this thread that I missed since my last post after I get some sleep.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#35 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

uhhh in this thread ya haven't missed much, UNLESS you don't understand how these threads work then you'd have to read, abel XDD

but i'm pretty sure ya know what i'm talking about, since you recognized the style i was trying to explain wow.png

but specifically-- the owner(s) of Cid's Bar have to have that official 'Business Meeting' about the joining of the two ships with Archer. 8D

#36 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jan 17 2009, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
uhhh in this thread ya haven't missed much, UNLESS you don't understand how these threads work then you'd have to read, abel XDD

but i'm pretty sure ya know what i'm talking about, since you recognized the style i was trying to explain wow.png

If I'm understanding what you've written correctly, its pretty close, if not the same, as the style I'm working on setting up for my two WIP RPGs (one has to be approved and the other is temporarily closed for a ground up redesign).

but specifically-- the owner(s) of Cid's Bar have to have that official 'Business Meeting' about the joining of the two ships with Archer. 8D

Understood, noted, and logged.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users