33 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:07 AM

Well this snuck up on my do to being busy.

Summary Time. Chapter 23 Karma. Nail is finally here.

For once they don't list the three clowns. So I will guess it because Kishimoto has left by this point hopefully. Also they brag about the anime "moving to golden time." Not sure if the airing time change...don't care to look but it is Thursday at 7:25 pm.

So Barbarian Hair de-summons his toad, and praises them for a magnificent battle (hahaha) that they defeat Ao in. Konohamaru recognizes him. So, apparently the leaders of Kara a secret organization of people wearing mask leaders are already know. Great. He then actives a sealing technique called frog suppression, then creates a large amount of fire in his hand. He says he wishes he could watch more of the teams great endeavors (writers using the villains to shill for the main characters,) but he has to kill them now. Konohamaru dispels the sealing technique with a pre-made seal on his torso. Konohmaru and he fight and he uses a rasengan. This is suppose to be shocking, but by this point with all the frog based attacks I already expected something like this. He likely not a student of Naruto. Jiraiya or the frogs in general are more likely. Barbarian hair sets Konohamaru on fire with some flames of Samahdi that like Amaterasu apparently can't go out till they burn their intended target. Bolt actives his tattoo to save Konohamaru. Barbarian hair calls either the seal or what Bolt is doing, Karma. It spreads to what it is seen during the opening bit of the first chapter after absorbing both the flames and the sealing technique. After that he has a bit of a back and forth with Barbarian hair. Then faints. Barbarian hair decides to end the fighting and starts to leave when Salad questions what is on Bolt's arm. She is about to attack him, when Cups stops her.

After that Salad helps Bolt walk. When Cups notices something. A smashed up puppet. They find Nail after a few pages wasted trying to point out how awesome someone must have been to defeat one of those puppets. Look almost exactly the same as he did in the first chapter. He also has a tattoo on his faces that looks something like  this IX with the "I" connecting the ending of the X on the left side. Oh and he has the same tattoo as Bolt on his left hand.

Please tell they are going to rush this manga now and end it soon...as soon as these jackass can manage with their slow ass pace.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 May 2018 - 12:31 PM.

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:01 AM

The anime air time slot change into shippuden air time slot.

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

The chapter sounds as dull as usual

And I don't care :zaru: As usual

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:01 AM

Thought they gave the Shippuden timeslot to Black Clover? Guess that's not working out for SP.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#5 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:40 AM

Thought they gave the Shippuden timeslot to Black Clover? Guess that's not working out for SP.

As long as the black clover anime doesn't get axed, then all good for bc.

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:11 AM

Depends on what time Black Clover was now put on? Clearly the staff see the anime being put back on this time slot as a good thing. If Black Clover was put on Boruto old slot that means its slow pace, and early problems crippled it further showing how bad SP is at making anime. If it was put on a better time slot then the one they used to have; then Black Clover a success enough that Tv tokyo doesn't mind giving SP a better slot and letting them put Boruto in Black Clover's old spot.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 April 2018 - 04:51 PM.

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

yeah they are doing BLack Clover no favours because filler episodes in what is already considered to be a generic ripoff of other popular shonen series is JUST shooting your self in the foot at least twice. They wanted  Black clover to succeed yet they KILLED OFF its best selling points which is the simplicity and fast pace that makes it a good rush towards the best parts of the series :mellow: by adding in unecessary filler and drag on and on to the point where non manga readers would be asking This is just a Naruto/Fairy Tail, etc. clone. Why should I even watch this?

#8 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

Depends on what time Black Clover was now put on? Clearly the staff see the anime being put back on this time slot as a good thing. If Black Clover was put on Boruto old slot that means its slow pace, and early problems crippled it further showing how bad SP is at making anime. If it was put on a better time slot then the one they used to have; then Black Clover a success enough that Tv tokyo doesn't mind giving SP a better slot and letting them put Boruto in Black Clover's old spot.

Well, towards the end Naruto was still one of the biggest animated shows in terms of ratings. The fact they pushed Boruto to another timeslot rather than it inheriting Naruto's old place spoke volumes, especially with SP saying Black Clover would be the new Naruto while giving it Naruto's timeslot. So, I'd say this is a point against Black Clover if anything and another point of how much they messed it up.

Black Clover just got moved back on Toonami, replaced with a rerun of FLCL and it's being put after MHA. It really looks like it's bombing on all fronts.

iSP2FNe.png

#9 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:38 PM

Oh ? they already revealed / introduce Kawaki ? that dude boruto going to face in sneak peak chapter 1 ? .... That was kind of ... fast , i mean the big boss goes into the front line himself. I expect him to appear in chapter 60-80ish.

And they starting to cast aside Black Clover in order to roll the red carpet for Boruto ?

I bet whoever decide that like eating old process food rather than fresh food , why didn't give a chance for a fresh new manga like Black Clover ? and they decide to put everything they had into Boruto ? , whoever came up with this idea need to be fired. It's like choosing 70 years old deadbeat than choosing a 17 years old teenagers :lmao:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#10 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:15 AM

First Tokyo Ghoul, now Black Clover. If you want a successful manga adaptation of your manga...pray it doesn't wind up with SP.

#11 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:21 AM

Well, towards the end Naruto was still one of the biggest animated shows in terms of ratings. The fact they pushed Boruto to another timeslot rather than it inheriting Naruto's old place spoke volumes, especially with SP saying Black Clover would be the new Naruto while giving it Naruto's timeslot. So, I'd say this is a point against Black Clover if anything and another point of how much they messed it up.

Black Clover just got moved back on Toonami, replaced with a rerun of FLCL and it's being put after MHA. It really looks like it's bombing on all fronts.

Yeah I like Black Clover, but the dub is awful. Well most are, but especially BC.

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:06 AM

I'm not asking the American time slot. I'm asking about the Japanese time slot. Though judging by the reactions everyone else is giving either; that is the case they just swap them or they assumed the worst without checking like I ask someone to do so Black Clover fans don't freak out over nothing. Thought to be honest it clear it bombed in the state from most people first reaction to the first few episodes, but it more important if it is bombing in Japan.

#13 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:13 PM

I'm not asking the American time slot. I'm asking about the Japanese time slot. Though judging by the reactions everyone else is giving either; that is the case they just swap them or they assumed the worst without checking like I ask someone to do so Black Clover fans don't freak out over nothing. Thought to be honest it clear it bombed in the state from most people first reaction to the first few episodes, but it more important if it is bombing in Japan.

That's what I was talking about in the first paragraph. They gave BC NRT's old timeslot when NRT got some of the highest ratings for an animated show in Japan rather than give it to Bolt. So, it's safe to assume that Bolt taking the timeslot back from BC means that BC isn't doing so good because of how Japanese TV works.

The network doesn't air shows whenever they please in Japan. Instead, the animation studios basicly rent the timeslots to air their shows. Better timeslots are more expensive, while timeslots with less exposure are cheaper. Studios will also throw shows they expect to flop on bad timeslots, like what happened with Kemono Friends or Gundam Reconguista in G. Therefore if there is a timeslot change, it is likely the work of SP based on how their shows are doing.

I just brought  up Toonami because it was funny how both seem to be happening at the same time.

iSP2FNe.png

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:21 AM

That's what I was talking about in the first paragraph. They gave BC Naruto's old timeslot when Naruto got some of the highest ratings for an animated show in Japan rather than give it to Bolt. So, it's safe to assume that Bolt taking the timeslot back from BC means that BC isn't doing so good because of how Japanese TV works.

The network doesn't air shows whenever they please in Japan. Instead, the animation studios basicly rent the timeslots to air their shows. Better timeslots are more expensive, while timeslots with less exposure are cheaper. Studios will also throw shows they expect to flop on bad timeslots, like what happened with Kemono Friends or Gundam Reconguista in G. Therefore if there is a timeslot change, it is likely the work of SP based on how their shows are doing.

I just brought  up Toonami because it was funny how both seem to be happening at the same time.

The dub started soon after the anime started...The anime is at 30 the dub is at 27. So it seems fans reaction in the states is the same as it is in Japan.

Well that is unfortunate for Black Clover. It maybe their new toyko ghoul -which from what I understand is getting a third attempt...I means season 3- or black exorcist or what ever that other anime they ruined was called. Hopefully soon Shueisha stops giving them promising shounen. Boruto by this point has like solidified it viewership (it not going to grow that much but it not going decline either.) Since they are on the chunin exam they must figure after they rehash that they can convince the audience they are done with filler and on to the new stuff. Except that because these clowns wasted all their head start they don't have a story for the anime to adapt. So all that will change is that it will look like the story is moving forward because they will finally be past the movie; while they can't do anything because they have to wait for the manga.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 May 2018 - 03:23 AM.

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

Yeah I SWEAR that idiot clown studio ruins whatever it touches

#16 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:50 PM

Yeah I SWEAR that idiot clown studio ruins whatever it touches

To be honest Boruto is their one good anime at the moment. Black Clover had bad first impression, slow pacing, and they should have had filler missions instead of the slow pace. Tokyo Ghoul despite it being a huge manga suffers without a good anime because they spent their first attempt trying to make another hinata, the second attempt something else (or the same thing,) and now a third attempt soon.The main problem it has (beyond core elements of the story) is the manga wasted 15 months. So they don't have a story after the chunin exam and will have to fall back on filler again. Though the question is; did the switch happen due to the success of Boruto or the failure of Black Clover?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 May 2018 - 07:09 PM.

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:07 PM

The failure of Black Clover I'd say, if not something else not related to the success rates of the anime. Boruto has nothing going for it, so it is not even a low standard. Black Clover, as you say had slow pacing and a bad first impression especially with Asta's new voice actor deliberately trying to make him sound WAY TOO EFFING ANNOYING than necessary when SP was panning, over-hyping and advertising it to be then next king of Shonen anime. The problem lies within the fact that Black Clover was TOO generic and copy and paste of a series, especially in the beginning, to be drawing the audiences in with it's premise and the differences in the series it self compared to Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, etc don't pop up until later, which is WHY SP was shooting itself in the foot by dragging the episodes out with a whole lot of nothing happening in between. :shrug: and you're right, they should have gone with filler story arcs rather than adapting canon story arcs but making them 3x longer and not to mention having a complete recap episode recently.

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 May 2018 - 07:28 PM.

#18 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

The failure of Black Clover I'd say, if not something else not related to the success rates of the anime. Boruto has nothing going for it, so it is not even a low standard. Black Clover, as you say had slow pacing and a bad first impression especially with Asta's new voice actor deliberately trying to make him sound WAY TOO  EFFING ANNOYING than necessary when SP was panning, over-hyping and advertising it to be then next  king of Shonen anime. the problem lies with in the fact that BC was TOO generic and copy and paste of a series, especially in the beginning, to be drawing the audiences in wtih it's premise and the diffrences to NAruto Bleach, Fairy Tail, etc don't pop u til later which is WHY SP was shooting itself in the foot by dragging the episodes out with a whole lot of nothing happening in between. :shrug: and you're right, they should have gone with filler staroy arcs rather than adapting canon story arcs but making them 3x longer and not to mention having a complete recap episode recently

The reason I say they should've gone with the filler missions is; it is clear there is more events that are not in the manga. Like the light novel arc they had, or the fact that the black bulls were able to go from the worst squad to one of the best in a year and it made clear that one) Asta was inspiring them to work harder, and two) Asta was doing a lot of mission we weren't seeing in the manga so it could keep its fast pace.

Black Clover is generic and everyone knows it (except SP) that's it appeal. That's why both it, and MHA had taken Naruto place while Boruto was floundering around. If you thought Naruto was deep and wanted something to replace it; MHA. If you thought it was generic though enjoyable but wanted something similar; BC.

#19 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:07 PM

I'll say this about the recent chapter it wasn't bad, but it's still not saying much. 

Honestly you can easily skip the first 10 chapters since it's just recap material. 

The impression from some fans  would've been better, but still 23 months is all it took to introduce Kawaki. Might as as well see how this dynamic leads to the only important page from Chapter 1. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

I'll say this about the recent chapter it wasn't bad, but it's still not saying much. 

Honestly you can easily skip the first 10 chapters since it's just recap material. 

The impression from some fans  would've been better, but still 23 months is all it took to introduce Kawaki. Might as as well see how this dynamic leads to the only important page from Chapter 1. 

The main problems with Boruto are the first 15 months, the pacing of the chapter, the varying quality of the art & writing, and the fact that it a sequel to Naruto with all it flaws. Other then that it fine.

The main problem Boruto the manga has right now is that; its chapter feel like Naruto chapters. By that I mean they feel like a weekly manga chapter that leaves on cliffhanger so you need to read next week manga to find out. That great for a weekly manga so it can get a person into the habit of reading a new chapter each week, but in a monthly manga; it give a reader blue balls. Made worse by the fact that each chapter is just a weekly chapter stretched out leaves a feeling of dissatisfaction of, "this is what I waited a month for?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users