13 replies to this topic

#1 24gh12

24gh12

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

Any 1 feel like after sai joined sai is starting to make sakura turn to love him

Edited by 24gh12, 20 January 2011 - 10:27 PM.

#2 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

Lol. That's funny you mentioned it, but I don't think Sai was the beginning, but rather the catalyst. I think that since he is honest when it comes to how people see each other, it certainly made Sakura realize that she may be in fact repressing her feelings for Naruto. And telling her that Naruto is in love with her, was definitely a step in the right direction. tongue.gif
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#3 24gh12

24gh12

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Jan 20 2011, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol. That's funny you mentioned it, but I don't think Sai was the beginning, but rather the catalyst. I think that since he is honest when it comes to how people see each other, it certainly made Sakura realize that she may be in fact repressing her feelings for Naruto. And telling her that Naruto is in love with her, was definitely a step in the right direction. tongue.gif

but what about when he goes into the tent and tells sakura and she breaks down in tears

#4 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (24gh12 @ Jan 20 2011, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but what about when he goes into the tent and tells sakura and she breaks down in tears

Exactly. Sakura obviously must have had those feelings before that moment, otherwise I would have considered NaruSaku shallow. I called Sai a catalyst in my previous post because Sakura already knew the way she felt. Maybe she hadn't put a name to it yet, or maybe she's trying to repress those feelings to not cause anymore conflict for Naruto or she didn't want to admit that Naruto's feelings for her were in fact genuine, but Sai confronting her was in a sense an ultimatum. From that point on she couldn't hide from the emotional bond they have, and that sooner or later she's going to have to face facts. narusakuct7.gif

#5 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (24gh12 @ Jan 20 2011, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any 1 feel like after sai joined sai is starting to make sakura turn to love him

I wouldn't put it like that. However, I think that Sai really to push Sakura but Naruto as well ( mostly Sakura) to realise\confront their feelings. Also, while he didn't have the same impact as Sai, I think that Yamato did his own share to help that matter. I think that Kishi create those two ( mainly Sai) for that reason ( Well, for Yamato, it's was mostly because he could help Naruto repress the Kyuubi).

#6 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

Well you could say that Sai like put more wood on the fire which made Sakura think about her feelings for Naruto.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#7 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Jan 22 2011, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well you could say that Sai like put more wood on the fire which made Sakura think about her feelings for Naruto.

Exactly.

And without Sai things probably would never have gone on a reasonable pace.

Sakura would be too blind to see it, and Nartuo would be too busy and occupied to even worry about confessing.

I'm glad Sai seems to do almost nothing but this. It makes me laugh that Kishi created him for this purpose.

#8 Yumi-chan

Yumi-chan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:&lt;3 Luke &lt;3<br />and anime of course..x)

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Jan 31 2011, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly.

And without Sai things probably would never have gone on a reasonable pace.

Sakura would be too blind to see it, and Nartuo would be too busy and occupied to even worry about confessing.

I'm glad Sai seems to do almost nothing but this. It makes me laugh that Kishi created him for this purpose.

i so agree

If you can't get someone out of your head,maybe theu are supposed to stay there.

#9 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (Yumi-chan @ Jan 31 2011, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i so agree

Yep. Yay for random character inserts.

#10 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

Sai is Sasuke's replacement and in a weird way is the teammate that Naruto & Sakura always wanted from Sasuke. Sai actually gives a damn despite his former situation with Danzo in Root. Sasuke, on the other hand, betray his friends and is willing to kill them for the sake of revenge that's held back on. At first the duo couldn't stand the unemotional root member because he symbolize of what is of Team Kakashi presently while they continue to look back. Although they have more important things to worry (especially Naruto) like the Akatsuki.

ISSUES
Naruto: Due to being neglected & abandon, he cannot handle losing people which can explain his connection to Sasuke. While Sasuke can easily break ties and go his own way, Naruto can't! Unfortunately, he's too blind and focus on his lost (Sasuke) instead of what he has (Sakura & the others). In terms of feelings for Sakura... like Sakura, Naruto's self-esteem isn't that high. He fears that she may reject him and after losing Sasuke & he doesn't to risk that chance with Sakura which explains the lack of chasing her in part 2. Sadly after being with Jiraya you'd think he has no problems with girls but he does. Plus since he sees himself as failure to her and other growing priorities he kept his feelings hidden and won't permit himself to confess to her personally.
Sakura: Remember in part 1 she liked Sasuke but after rejection she'd undergo a character change which we see now in part 2. Improve self-esteem but cannot find ways how to better assist Naruto after all he's done for her back in part 1. Who knows she probably like Naruto since part 1 but was obsess with Sasuke then it grew to love but was blind until Sai mention anything. She probably thinks she doesn't deserve him after what she done to him emotionally whether it was intentional or not.

Sai can see the connection between Naruto & Sakura. Although he's an outsider but he's living in the present and being honest with duo as now they have accepted reality and aware of each other's feelings. In a way he trying to remind the pair of their bond (that still remains) while trying to repair the broken one with Sasuke.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#11 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Feb 2 2011, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sai is Sasuke's replacement and in a weird way is the teammate that Naruto & Sakura always wanted from Sasuke. Sai actually gives a damn despite his former situation with Danzo in Root. Sasuke, on the other hand, betray his friends and is willing to kill them for the sake of revenge that's held back on. At first the duo couldn't stand the unemotional root member because he symbolize of what is of Team Kakashi presently while they continue to look back. Although they have more important things to worry (especially Naruto) like the Akatsuki.

ISSUES
Naruto: Due to being neglected & abandon, he cannot handle losing people which can explain his connection to Sasuke. While Sasuke can easily break ties and go his own way, Naruto can't! Unfortunately, he's too blind and focus on his lost (Sasuke) instead of what he has (Sakura & the others). In terms of feelings for Sakura... like Sakura, Naruto's self-esteem isn't that high. He fears that she may reject him and after losing Sasuke & he doesn't to risk that chance with Sakura which explains the lack of chasing her in part 2. Sadly after being with Jiraya you'd think he has no problems with girls but he does. Plus since he sees himself as failure to her and other growing priorities he kept his feelings hidden and won't permit himself to confess to her personally.
Sakura: Remember in part 1 she liked Sasuke but after rejection she'd undergo a character change which we see now in part 2. Improve self-esteem but cannot find ways how to better assist Naruto after all he's done for her back in part 1. Who knows she probably like Naruto since part 1 but was obsess with Sasuke then it grew to love but was blind until Sai mention anything. She probably thinks she doesn't deserve him after what she done to him emotionally whether it was intentional or not.

Sai can see the connection between Naruto & Sakura. Although he's an outsider but he's living in the present and being honest with duo as now they have accepted reality and aware of each other's feelings. In a way he trying to remind the pair of their bond (that still remains) while trying to repair the broken one with Sasuke.

Summary: Sai is like a beast, who actually knows what he's doing. a_thumbs.gif

#12 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:55 AM

I think Kishi added Sai to the story in purpose.
Sai is a very particullar being.
He didn't understand any emotion, and he's like a baby discovering the mental world.
I think, strongly, that Kishi added this specific character in purpose of clarifying the relation NaruSaku for the readers.

Think about it just 30 seconds.
If NaruSaku isn't meant to be, then, Sai IS TOTALLY USELESS to the story.
I don't mean he can't fight... I mean the personnality Kishi put in Sai would have no sense without NaruSaku.
If we make the comparison with Sasuke personality, there is no use for the " no emotion guy ". Sai is kind and reliable, this is enough for Sasuke comparison.
Kishi obviously use Sai to clarify the bond within Naruto and Sakura, to energise it.
Sai makes everything go faster.

I truly think Sai is another proof for the obviousness of NaruSaku.

And to answer about what thing you said, Hopestar, I think Sakura have a bad image of herself. I think she thinks she doesn't deserve anybody's love.

Edited by Otaru, 10 February 2011 - 01:04 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#13 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

Amen to that.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#14 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Feb 2 2011, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ISSUES
In terms of feelings for Sakura... like Sakura, Naruto's self-esteem isn't that high. He fears that she may reject him and after losing Sasuke

I agree with most of your points but I would like to point out that Naruto imo doesn't have fear to be rejected by her because he can't keep his promise. He wants to save Sasuke for himself to didn't he already say that his promise to Sakura isn't the only reason why he wants to save Sasuke?

And Naruto's self-steem isn't that high. I think it is just the contrary. When did naruto ever start on something with the thought that he couldn't succeed? If he thought he was to weak he just trained like hell to get stronger only to try again.

Yeah he did say things like how can I become hokage, if I can't save a single friend or How can I, when I can't even keep my promises (refering to when Sai asked if he told Sakura how he feeled about her).

I don't think that, that is a lack of self-esteem but rather sticking to his nindo before going after personal goals.

Sakura on the other hand has a serious lack of self-esteem because she said "All the things I could ever do for him are small and insignificant" but one of the reasons why she loves Naruto is because he was always right beside her. The other way around is also true. Sakura has always been there for Naruto (with the exception of the first bell test ofcourse).

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users