87 replies to this topic

#81 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

Pretty funny how her work looks closer than what Boruto is getting.

#82 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:23 AM

As I explained earlier this week on Tumblr, it's highly impossible for Kasumi to be like Shinachiku. Not because people don't like her or because she's not popular. Kasumi is very popular and every NaruSaku fan I know likes her. But she suffered the same fate as all other NaruSaku OC's did that existed before the ending: She belongs to one sole person.

While I'm sure Lady doesn't mind people adopting her OC and doing things with Kasumi, it's still a sketchy road to take. It's troublesome to have to ask the creator if they are allowed to do things with them. It would also be bothersome to Lady if her pages were filled of nothing but "Hey, is this ok?" - "Hey, do you like this?" - "Hey, can you approve this?" - "Hey, please read this since it's your character."

Characters like Shinachiku and Hanami? They don't belong to anyone except their slightly modified individual designs. No one has to ask permission to do something with Shinachiku, there's no one to ask permission from. Shinachiku's 'canon' is simply what majority of people agree to rather than one person making the decision. Because of this, Shinachiku (and Hanami and others) feel more like a canon character.

It's highly unlikely that Kishimoto will come knocking on your door because he disagrees with an interpretation some niche fans made. Shinachiku is no different. No one is going to come knocking on your door about how wrong your interpretation is unless the entire niche fandom disagrees.

I just find it a little disingenuous that you keep commenting on how disappointed you are that we didn't pick up Kasumi like we did with Shinachiku. A lot more thought went into his adoption, even if most of it was subconscious. It's just... not that simple to adopt one person's OC, that's why you don't see popular OC's like Shinachiku all that often. In fact, I've never seen an OC like Shinachiku ever.

Anyway, there is a road where both Shinachiku and Kasumi exist, as Lady has drawn it herself:

250px-Gallery-20151025224137.jpg250px-Gallery-20151025224356.jpg250px-Gallery-20151025223921.jpg

you're right, i do bring that up a lot *blush* my apologies but thanks for helping me understand the situation more

#83 Vice

Vice

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Stuff....

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

I feel the exact same way about the Naruto FB, including our side of the fandom.

Edited by Vice, 18 January 2016 - 10:11 AM.

xg0g.gif

#84 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:23 PM

Can someone provide me with a link(s) to explain this Kasumi stuff? I'm apparently out of the loop here.

i think misguided social justice warriors in tumblr are the worse.

other than that tumblr is really convenient to see what's the latest with the stuff you're interested in, like anime news or good fanarts or good fics.

Eh, who is the arbiter of what is a misguided social justice warrior and someone who is using tumblr to raise awareness about social issues that they deem important?

#85 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:39 PM

kasumi is an artists oc. a narusaku baby. created by ladygt. a fan who was sadly driven out by the NH fans for not wanting to draw NH.

http://www.deviantar...u-ops-148487752

#86 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:20 PM

We need more art here.

http://pumyteh.devia...-love-419508741

Here :)

#87 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:03 PM

You can't bother with fanclubs on facebook. All of them are pretty trashy. I've only seen one group that bothers to source all art they post, and that's because I'm the manager

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#88 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

Can someone provide me with a link(s) to explain this Kasumi stuff? I'm apparently out of the loop here.

Eh, who is the arbiter of what is a misguided social justice warrior and someone who is using tumblr to raise awareness about social issues that they deem important?

no, i wasn't talking about people who do their research about issues properly.

i mean something like

tumblr_m2hrtocZZo1qcwnpzo1_500.jpg

like this user who try to be politically correct without seeing the movie

Edited by Hanabi, 26 January 2016 - 01:01 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users