#61 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:07 AM

@legend
I don't like naruto, but it doesn't mean I can't see the good thing of it.
The problem is the bad thing outweigh the good thing.

Naruto is not a bad manga, it just a waste potential.

#62 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:13 AM

That's true. You summed it up perfectly, "wasted potential"

1wocs1.gif

#63 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

It's really bad on tumblr as many of you know and being in the thick of it as a Naruto rper, I can say I've seen the ugliest part of the fandom with anons and other people attacking rpers that don't support canon and telling them they should. It's really heartbreaking because a lot of good rpers have deactivated or gone into hiding because the fandom can't leave them alone and wants them to conform to canon. I've been a target of that myself, but I don't let those anons get to me or better yet I've turned off anon to prevent those. Sure I've lost followers, but I have a good strong following that supports me for not giving into the kitten ending and continuing the good fight.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#64 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

What is there to expect of tumblr anyway? Apart from an obscure minority, tumblr is nothing but a hen of crazed and immature brats. And I suppose shipping fandoms are extra worse.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#65 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

@legend
I don't like naruto, but it doesn't mean I can't see the good thing of it.
The problem is the bad thing outweigh the good thing.

Naruto is not a bad manga, it just a waste potential.

It's average. It really makes it hard when the bad comes from the last 1/3.

#66 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:59 PM

It's average. It really makes it hard when the bad comes from the last 1/3.

Overall it's a mediocre manga, decent shonen manga, and a bad literature.

#67 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Overall it's a mediocre manga, decent shonen manga, and a bad literature.

Pretty much this.

#68 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:50 PM

It's really bad on tumblr as many of you know and being in the thick of it as a Naruto rper, I can say I've seen the ugliest part of the fandom with anons and other people attacking rpers that don't support canon and telling them they should. It's really heartbreaking because a lot of good rpers have deactivated or gone into hiding because the fandom can't leave them alone and wants them to conform to canon. I've been a target of that myself, but I don't let those anons get to me or better yet I've turned off anon to prevent those. Sure I've lost followers, but I have a good strong following that supports me for not giving into the kitten ending and continuing the good fight.

Tumblr is definitely ugly overall, but I try to make myself a blog open to all anime (mainly Fairy Tail and OP since their the only slightly peaceful fandoms there) but the Naruto/Bleach fandom is...yeesh. I saw some Naruto rpers left or converted to pro-ending. Go on Tumblr you can see the worst part of the Naruto Fandom. I mainly track multi-anime blogs because of it. 

I give Naruto 6/10. Part 1/ early part 2 was good. 

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#69 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

I don't rate, but if I do, I'll give it a 5. The last 1/3 really damaged it for me. The one thing I can't stand is character regression.

#70 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

What is there to expect of tumblr anyway? Apart from an obscure minority, tumblr is nothing but a hen of crazed and immature brats. And I suppose shipping fandoms are extra worse.

i think misguided social justice warriors in tumblr are the worse.

other than that tumblr is really convenient to see what's the latest with the stuff you're interested in, like anime news or good fanarts or good fics.

Edited by Hanabi, 15 January 2016 - 03:12 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#71 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

I've seen some comments about tumblr here and honestly, I'm disappointed.

It's a kitten-infested hivemind-like site in which everyone supports everything that is not right. Come on, there's an example laid down by landranger (forgive me If I mistook your name) that says there's more uchiha-rebellion pros contrary to the leaf-mentality favorites. How does this work out? Is it cool and edgy to support homosexuals, pansexuals, abusers, wrong mentalities and whatever lies there nowadays?

Of course they will not care about the ending, they love the ss/nh interactions (or lack-thereof). Who would self-insert into those two kitten pairings but them?

#72 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

Problem for me is that with Tumblr, I use it to post my fanfic so it can go uncensored. It'd take a while to do it at Fanfiction.net even if I got my account, and putting it here means some of the coarse stuff would be censored. Plus I also am sharing some of my art there besides opinions.

#73 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:28 PM

Can we even call these guys Naruto fans? All of your guy's posts just keep telling me "There is no such thing as a Naruto fan" or if there are any they are of very few. 90% of this fandom seems like just posers and sexual delinquents who are trying to vicariously live through this series because they can't get it in real life. The arguments, the viewpoints....it all seems like people are missing a huge major point.

Everything from the characters, to the motives, to the morals were all corrupted just to suit Hinata fans. That's it. Not Naruto fans, not pairing fans. Just Hinata fans.

The pro-enders are not the problem...neither are the anti-enders.....it's all of them. The entire fandom is trash. Maybe only 10% even care or see the truth of it all and it is the same 10% who stopped caring all together which is really really sad. It's like watching someone you love and care about being abused non-stop and there is nothing you can do about it. You want to get angry and kill the SOB who is doing it, but at the same time you know it is illegal and people will just hate you more for it,=.

It's just....seeing these comments about this story...it is disturbing me. It really is disturbing me. I saw a blog post about how supporting "unhealthy relationships" is actually a good thing. How Sakura hitting Naruto is unhealthy and shouldn't happen, but Sasuke attempting to murder Sakura is okay and proof of true love. Has the whole world gone mad?

@NeonRanger

When you mess up things THIS badly, people aren't going to stick around. It would have been different if the manga ended properly and the only bad thing that didn't happen was Naruto and Sakura getting together, but it was way more than that. It's so bad that ex-fans can't even work up the strength to produce content for a couple they loved so much before. It's so bad, that no one wants to even waste their time on this series anymore.

And that is all this series will be known for. Just one big giant middle finger and a fanbase who don't know anything.

I'll tell you guys, if not for One Punch Man...I'd probably lose it more than usual.

Thinking about all of it....I wonder...where do I belong?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 15 January 2016 - 04:29 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#74 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

well we all know who's in the right here when it comes to that subject "comedy hitting baaad, real attempt at murder ok!" those are not reasonable thinking adults, they're kids, 11-12 at most, they're letting their hormones think for them.  i understand the need to let them know how stupid, immature and ignorant those people are, but when they dont listen, its best to just leave them be and let them wallow in their own soaked loins. you're better off talking to a brick wall.

Edited by Catra, 15 January 2016 - 04:40 PM.

#75 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:49 PM

well we all know who's in the right here when it comes to that subject "comedy hitting baaad, real attempt at murder ok!" those are not reasonable thinking adults, they're kids, 11-12 at most, they're letting their hormones think for them.  i understand the need to let them know how stupid, immature and ignorant those people are, but when they dont listen, its best to just leave them be and let them wallow in their own soaked loins. you're better off talking to a brick wall.

It's worse when it comes from the mouths of people I used to respect....I think that hurts more than anything.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#76 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:52 PM

Thinking about all of it....I wonder...where do I belong?

You belong here as part of H&E and whatever fandoms you like, James. Screw the fringe element of the Naruto fandom. I see myself as part of the Naruto fandom, but not of the rabid fringe lunatics who think that NH and SS is true love when it's based on guilt and other BS, as well as trying to justify the retcons done to Naruto as well as the idea of crappy kids.

#77 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

Honestly, the anime butchered Sakura a lot. If I simply just watch the anime, Sakura would be my one of my least favorite characters, with plenty more, like Sasuke in this current filler Arc. The way they they depicted her and her relationships (Naruto, Sasuke, Ino..etc), were shallow and exaggerated beyond belief. I don't like the excess Sakura being Naruto's punching bag for no reason. Sakura only hits Naruto five times in the manga and for proper , comedic reasons, which is clear if you read the manga. The anime made Naruto Sakura's punching bag for absolutely no reason other than just because. She only punched Sai once (twice?) in the manga and never hit Lee, and she had a good relationship with Ino, yet the anime even goes against that.  

Not only that, It did not help with the NH fillers where Hinata is depicted as a saint compared to Sakura. One of the major reasons why Sakura is hated. Kishi didn't help, but Sakura's faith was also in the hands of SP as well. 

You look at other anime with similar styles of Sakura/NS like Love Hina, Misaka Mikoto, Toradora, etc. and we wonder why Sakura is so hated compered to others...imho, what makes Sakura more hated is that Love Hina, Toradora, etc. aren't as widely known as Naruto.  

Naruto is not only a good seller in Japan, but it's success mainly comes from the international fans; pretty much everyone knows about Naruto. I never even heard of Toradora until I got into Bleach with my friends and we were talking about shojo mangas that have a similar vibe with IchiRuki. My brother hates Sakura, but has never watch Love Hina or Toradora and isn't involve enough to know about Tsundere types...it also didn't help that her love interest was Sasuke. 

Also, it's the lack of a backstory,as we all have complained about before. From Toradora, I had an explaination about why Taiga acts the way she does. Sakura was depicted as a good but flawed character in part 1 and amazing in part 2, but I guess people weren't satisfied with just that...I mean I wished I didn't have to find out about Sakura parent's to a movie that's semi-canon, and RtN didn't made me disappointed in how they treated her character. "Sasuke would understand" really left a slightly sour taste in my mouth, because even though it isn't completely canon, Sakura was still a very hated character, and having her regress to fit the movie makes no sense, especially because a lot of people take it as canon...I went through many arguments on how the Naruto anime is not really canon. I mean it's canon, but there's fillers...but for some reason everything is canon for my brother. 

Edited by NeonRanger, 15 January 2016 - 05:21 PM.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#78 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:28 PM

there are many pokemon soundtrack songs that seem naruto-ish lol. theres "dreams", "someday somewhere", "together forever", and more,

Edited by starlitestarbrite, 15 January 2016 - 07:46 PM.

#79 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

#80 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:54 PM

As I explained earlier this week on Tumblr, it's highly impossible for Kasumi to be like Shinachiku. Not because people don't like her or because she's not popular. Kasumi is very popular and every NaruSaku fan I know likes her. But she suffered the same fate as all other NaruSaku OC's did that existed before the ending: She belongs to one sole person.

While I'm sure Lady doesn't mind people adopting her OC and doing things with Kasumi, it's still a sketchy road to take. It's troublesome to have to ask the creator if they are allowed to do things with them. It would also be bothersome to Lady if her pages were filled of nothing but "Hey, is this ok?" - "Hey, do you like this?" - "Hey, can you approve this?" - "Hey, please read this since it's your character."

Characters like Shinachiku and Hanami? They don't belong to anyone except their slightly modified individual designs. No one has to ask permission to do something with Shinachiku, there's no one to ask permission from. Shinachiku's 'canon' is simply what majority of people agree to rather than one person making the decision. Because of this, Shinachiku (and Hanami and others) feel more like a canon character.

It's highly unlikely that Kishimoto will come knocking on your door because he disagrees with an interpretation some niche fans made. Shinachiku is no different. No one is going to come knocking on your door about how wrong your interpretation is unless the entire niche fandom disagrees.

I just find it a little disingenuous that you keep commenting on how disappointed you are that we didn't pick up Kasumi like we did with Shinachiku. A lot more thought went into his adoption, even if most of it was subconscious. It's just... not that simple to adopt one person's OC, that's why you don't see popular OC's like Shinachiku all that often. In fact, I've never seen an OC like Shinachiku ever.

Anyway, there is a road where both Shinachiku and Kasumi exist, as Lady has drawn it herself:

250px-Gallery-20151025224137.jpg250px-Gallery-20151025224356.jpg250px-Gallery-20151025223921.jpg

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users