• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:39 PM

H&E is my fandom!  :grouphug:

Tricksie just took the words right out of my mouth. In my opinion the Naruto fandom has always been a toxic place, shipping aside it's always had its issues and after everything it's only become worse. I have found myself being one of those people that doesn't even like Naruto in general anymore. The ending left me heartbroken and exhausted. Now I don't regret shipping Naruto and Sakura, however I wish I wouldn't have invested so much of my life into their ship. For me shipping got to the point of being unhealthy, and that's what I do regert the most. I poured a great deal of who I was as a person into them and so when our ship sunk it truly hit me emotionally and I wasn't the same for many months. During those months I saw how I had let something so small become such a big part of me to the point where I couldn't even enjoy everyday life, and it was then that I saw how I had done this to myself. Needless to say I learned my lesson. I only have one other ship that I care for a million times more then NS, however, I treat it differently now and in a healthy manner.

The toxicity of the fandom is really all due to Kishimoto. He created a divide between the fandoms from the very beginning and he only fueled it on both sides with indecisive behavior when it came to ships. He did not respect his readers at all, so the ending was a huge slap in the face for everyone, anti and pro ending. All of us were screwed over in the end. It is sad that the fandom as a whole cannot see this and discuss it as civilized people. I simply cannot understand how there are individuals who cannot see the massacre and slaughter that happened to almost every single character in the series. That to me is by far more important than who ended up with who!

Its heartbreaking to see who Naruto and Sakura became. Their significant others don't matter, because what happened to them as characters is the real crime. They both had so much potential and at first a part of me hoped that we would see them go beyond our expectations and succeed, no matter who they ended up with. Needless to say that never happened and this is why I don't support anything that is official Naruto garbage.

All the movies the new manga and by the way things are going the new animated series. All of it is irrelevant to me. In my eyes Naruto ended a very long time ago. Now I know it's hard to realize that despite my feelings I still ship NS, but I do. However I do not associate myself with the Naruto fandom except for here. This is the only place where I personally feel safe, welcomed, and accepted for my opinions and views.

Edited by Konohakitten, 13 January 2016 - 04:43 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#22 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:48 PM

I don;t want Hinata to die....I just wanted her to move on from Naruto. It wasn't supposed to be about her. It's "Naruto the Manga" not "Hinata the Manga," but that is what it eventually it became....and I just feel so alone now.

I loved Obito as a character. He was...I don't know, I just liked the way he was. His motives weren't much different than others, but after he realized what he had done...and seeing how he took everything for granted...it reminded me of Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2. "I will not die a monster," and he even took on Madara without flinching despite so many other scared kittenless.

Admittedly, the TNJ scene with him and Naruto was pretty lame, but that's because it was done so poorly where Naruto doesn't look like he knows what he is talking about. There are so many ways Naruto could have showed him other than what he did. People hate the "coolest guy" line, but whatever. I hate the fact that Naruto was so gay for Sasuke that he was willingly going to let go of everyone and everything just because "Saskeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh."

And despite how bad people say Obito was...he did something that not even Naruto could...he still loved Rin no matter what and never lied about his feelings. Something not even the "great and powerful emotional Naruto" did.

But I feel like I am the only one who sees this anymore. People so focused on the bad, they never see the good anymore.

I just feel alone in my thoughts now.

Well back before the ending and the last I didn't want it either, but after all that happened after all this kitten that has gone down I no longer feel that way I mean you your self in a podcast said you wish Pain had ended her, I mean I try to get over this but seeing all her fans say she is the best female her made just get me mad, its what I call the manga now since her fans thought it was about her.

Yep I have to agree Naruto was way to gay for Sasuke and gets me made with pro-enders saying that Naruto wanted to save a friend when they were never friends in my eyes, I mean when it comes down to it if the world was ending and the only way to stop it was to kill Sasuke, well we know Naruto wouldn't he would let everyone die without a thought because Sasuke was the only thing that mattered to him and Kishi as well face it we know Kishi was in love with Sasuke and the Uchiha clan.

Very true unlike Naruto he loved Rin and even as an adult that never changed he still loved her, I just know that right now he would have been pissed to see what Naruto has become. feel sorry for Minato and Kushina as well for have a son that thinks its okay to use woman they way Naruto did.

Well you are not alone man I feel like that at time whe I see an old NS moment a part of me just thinks its sweet, while my anger at this ending sees it as Naruto using Sakura.

#23 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:57 PM

Then i guess I am one of the only few fans left in this crazy fandom who loves Sakura, loves NS, and thinks that Hinata and her fanbase are the root of all evil. I also think that Sasuke is still a brat and worthless...despite having more respect for him...and apparently I am the ONLY person here who actually like Obito as a character and think that his motives, while not justified, are somewhat understandable.
I guess maybe I am the only one who has ever lost something so precious to them that life...just loses meaning. No one else seems to understand that, but me. Maybe that is why I can understand Obito so much. In a way, I was just like him and I know how he feels.

Then I guess the Naruto fandom deserves to go to Hell and burn for all eternity....

I like the old NS, the old Naruto and the old Sakura. I don't like NS with these two people now. Both Naruto and Sakura as they are now are utter garbage, and I wouldn't want to see them with anyone tbh. I think that Hinata and Sasuke have ways been trash, and their fan bases are the same.

As for obito, I loved obito. I thought he was great, and easily the best villain. I felt for him, he wasn't just some stale cardboard villain like everyone else was. He made the war arc tolerable for me.

Edited by AHK, 13 January 2016 - 05:59 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#24 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:28 PM

No, that is the world of the internet. The real world is a lot more "friendly" (and I use this term loosely) because unlike the internet, you can't hide behind a keyboard.

And this is the real world. Because the internet gives people the possibility of anonymity; therefore people can show their true colors without any repercussions.

If people had the possibility to be themselves in the real world without any consequences; most of them will do what they want and say what they want. Just like they can online.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#25 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

H&E is my fandom!  :grouphug:

Awww, Tricks... :glomp: :D :smooch:

#26 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:46 PM

"obito loved rin"

is that why he decided to destroy the village (you know, the thing she DIED FOR??! "oh this attack on the village is for you rin!") and his sensei, his wife, their newborn infant, and the WORLD? yeah rin would be soooo proud of him -_- obito was fine until kish screwed him up in the head

on topic,

as i've said before, i cant look at even the past events because i know they wont go anywere and thus have no meaning behind them. naruto vs neji, naruto vs gaara, the little sakura starting to respect naruto a little bit more, all pointless. fanfiction is better now because at least those have passion behind them

Edited by Catra, 13 January 2016 - 06:53 PM.

#27 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

DA isn't welcoming for me. And the antis are reching to the point where they are just hating everything, which is why I unfollowed them. I will not force people to acknowledge NS tell them that it makes sense because 1) when I do, they only hate NS/Sakura more for some reason, and I really don't want that and 2) it's my opinion, sadly, and it goes on back to reason 1. 

I don't understand how SNS is healthier than NS, but okay. SNS is just as toxic as SS, but for some reason not only is it the most enpowering ship (if Kishi made it canon, it would change the shounen world), but it's the most healthiest and two-sided realtionship, according to SNS. 

Agree with last comment.

Because it a yaoi/gay/homosexual pairing and so it must be perfect and absolutely nothing can be wrong with it. And if you do see a problem with it(not homosexuality the pairing). You are seen as an intolerant bigot by it supporters.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 January 2016 - 09:35 PM.

#28 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

I think most of the level-headed people left the fandom and moved onto other things after Naruto ended. They vented, they expressed their disappointment, they explained why and they said their piece and left...

And were only left because of curiosity of why it happened and fascination of watching this train wreck. As it's continuously transpiring and seems to be never ending in it utter idioticy.

#29 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

Because it a yaoi/gay/homosexual pairing and so it must be perfect and absolutely nothing can be wrong with it. And if you do see a problem with it(not homosexuality the pairing). You are seen as an intolerant bigot by it supporters.

Apparently, I am a bigot, even though, I called SN a toxic paring that is just as bad as SS, but I am a huge gay and lesbian marriage support. And even helped my best friend plan her wedding reception when she married her wife.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#30 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

As for why Sakura is getting the most hate out of all the character. You just gotta look at the fandom.

nH fanatic came from people who hate Sakura to their very core and have always wanted her to be punished. For reminding them of the girl that either stole their man or didn't put out for them when they were such a "gentleman." 

SNS has only at best been tolerate her and some admit that NS is the other pairing the find logical after the "perfection" that is SNS. But most of them hate her. Especially now since she married Sasuke. Who they have always fantasized about having sex with.

SS some just used Sakura as an insert for their fantasy sex with Sasuke. So they ain't as concerned with defending her as they are their fantasy marriage.

#31 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:12 PM

Apparently, I am a bigot, even though, I called SN a toxic paring that is just as bad as SS, but I am a huge gay and lesbian marriage support. And even helped my best friend plan her wedding reception when she married her wife.

Another reason why I don't like SNS. I can acknowledge that SNS had a bond. I can acknowledge that they both care for one another deeply. But the number one pairing in Naruto? The top ship? Sorry, but Naruto spent majority of the manga chasing after Sasuke who had no interest in him till the very last arc, imo. There was even the interview where even Kishi admitted the bond was a bit contrived. And it's annoying how SNS brings up how SS is toxic because it's not like their ship is any better. Imo, it's worse than SS because it's mutual. Sasuke and Naruto beating each other up to death is such a relationship to have (sarcasm). Sorry for being so anti-SNS; I agree  with your posts--it's one of the many problems I have with Sasuke shippings, particularly SNS. The minute I critic about the ship, I am automatically a homophobic, even though my reasons have nothing to do with them being gay.

As for why Sakura is getting the most hate out of all the character. You just gotta look at the fandom.

nH fanatic came from people who hate Sakura to their very core and have always wanted her to be punished. For reminding them of the girl that either stole their man or didn't put out for them when they were such a "gentleman." 

SNS has only at best been tolerate her and some admit that NS is the other pairing the find logical after the "perfection" that is SNS. But most of them hate her. Especially now since she married Sasuke. Who they have always fantasized about having sex with.

SS some just used Sakura as an insert for their fantasy sex with Sasuke. So they ain't as concerned with defending her as they are their fantasy marriage.

A lot of SNS (not SNS/NS shippers, just SNS) are only okay with NS (and NH) because they believe that Naruto is bisexual and Sasuke being alone establishes that he's gay. Because SS is canon most ( not all) blame Sakura's unwavering love, because Sasuke's sexuality of being Naruto focus/ asexual is no longer "canon". Another reason why they hate Hinata as well. Because she took Sasuke's spotlight. SNS would hate Sakura all the same if NS was canon, if NS interfere with SNS, which they didn't so they are pretty okay with NS. Now that SS is canon, a lot of SNS are now revealing there hate for Sakura. NH is happy and could care less about Sakura, and you're right about SS.

i don't care if people dislike NS, but it's surprising how far they'll defend relationships worse than NS.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#32 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:15 PM

Well back before the ending and the last I didn't want it either, but after all that happened after all this kitten that has gone down I no longer feel that way I mean you your self in a podcast said you wish Pain had ended her, I mean I try to get over this but seeing all her fans say she is the best female her made just get me mad, its what I call the manga now since her fans thought it was about her.

Yep I have to agree Naruto was way to gay for Sasuke and gets me made with pro-enders saying that Naruto wanted to save a friend when they were never friends in my eyes, I mean when it comes down to it if the world was ending and the only way to stop it was to kill Sasuke, well we know Naruto wouldn't he would let everyone die without a thought because Sasuke was the only thing that mattered to him and Kishi as well face it we know Kishi was in love with Sasuke and the Uchiha clan.

Very true unlike Naruto he loved Rin and even as an adult that never changed he still loved her, I just know that right now he would have been pissed to see what Naruto has become. feel sorry for Minato and Kushina as well for have a son that thinks its okay to use woman they way Naruto did.

Well you are not alone man I feel like that at time whe I see an old NS moment a part of me just thinks its sweet, while my anger at this ending sees it as Naruto using Sakura.

I though I was the only one who though Naruto and Sasuke weren't really friends and ya Naruto probably would let everyone die just to save Sasuke making him even worst cause now he's on the Fixer form Holy Terror levels of bad.

Make me want Minato and Kushina to come back and beat on Naruto for what he did.

I can make jokes about how bad this writing is now cause I just re-watch the first 25 episode of the anime and I'm on the garra fight in the magna and it makes me think Naruto was just using everyone to get his way.

#33 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:56 AM

It never used to be. Fandoms used to mean something important and welcoming....now it is just a dirty word.

It always and will be like that.

#34 tekopi

tekopi

Randomness Practitioner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Foods, Books, Martial Art, Play MPV, Rock Climbing, Camping, Ukulelelele, Sony MP3, Sony Xperia, Sony Everything!!

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:24 AM

I am glad that I never even once walked into naruto fandom, instead I bump over this fandom from the start, the moment I began reading /  watching naruto and start to specifically shipped NS back then. I am still, tho it wasn't that much anymore, maybe because of time itself that I am able to move on and ignore all those terrible ending the manga had. But I knew how toxic and "undeveloping" the fandom is (majority part of it ofc), a few encounters with 'em that out of nowhere bash me out on the story that I published. Like @James said, I am not sure if they even knew what a good writing is, or to help one to develop a good writing skill by giving a good pointers despite the ship they carry. But no, their mind might be clouded with this ship and that ship. Not to mention the never-ending war on both side that to the point I lose interest and stop caring about both since it was really childish and ridiculous.

But nevertheless, I will always keep all the good memories and lesson, all the good things I expected could happen from the story in my heart. That would at least kept it alive and untouched by any "bias"ness the ending provided. Yeah, we are all an outcast  :D

Whoever had watched this cutie pie

a9LmPMo_700b_zpspu05hup0.jpg

You Are Sick...Just like me  :hehehe: 

#35 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:25 AM

You can't take what a lot of anti-ending people say personally, especially not on the anti-Sakura bit. What is there to like about 'canon' Sakura? She's nothing like the girl we supported and watched grow as the series developed. 'Canon' Sakura and our version of Fanon Sakura are like two separate entities.

Can I read an anti-Sakura rant about how selfish she is when it comes to Sasuke and what great damage her involvement with him has done to her character and agree? Yes, I surely can. I can't stand to look at what Sakura has become. Seeing the Uchiha symbol on her back is a disgrace to their clan, and a disgrace to the character she could have been. Yes, I can completely hate on canon Sakura while thoroughly enjoying and supporting our interpretation of her, an interpretation I see as more correct (whether she ends up with Naruto or not, it is still 10x better that what 'canon' Sakura is)

I agree that the Konoha system is corrupt and it needed to be changed. The whole Shinobi system needed to be changed. Problem is, I didn't support Sasuke's methods, killing everyone to start anew would have just continued the cycle. He didn't even really have a plan after that, he just wanted to send the world into chaos and watch over a new system that would eventually form.

I supported Naruto (wrongly so) because I thought we would see his course of action come into play during the ending. I thought we would see the changes that needed to happen. The changes that Jiraiya spent his life regretting not being able to do more about. The changes that Nagato and his friends risked their lives and everything they had to put forth. I thought Naruto would bring about a true new era where they didn't need to train children to kill each other.  As you can see, everything is more or less the same. Yes, in 'canon' I am extremely anti-establishment, the same establishment that 'canon' Naruto is in charge of. To say I am disappointed in what used to be my favorite character is an understatement. I can't stand to look at his canon version either. Naruto is nothing but another warm seat in the Hokage's chair who changed nothing, or very little. I'm disappointed in EVERYONE who kept things more or less the same, including Shikamaru and Kakashi.

I couldn't be against Minato and Kushina even if I tried, but I do remember one thing. People were upset about Minato's words to Kushina WAYYY before this ending. I remember a Naruto artist I still watched named Nekoni was real mad/disappointed about it. Even I was a little awed at the poor excuse Kishi gave to kill off Minato. There were a million other solutions than "I'm committing suicide because I can't raise him without you." I cannot blame Minato and Kushina for what the system has done to them or their never-to-be family.

I don't think the Uchiha's were perfect little angels, I'm not even particularly upset that they were all killed off because of what they planned to do, but the Uchiha's are just an example of what the corrupt system can create. They were oppressed and segregated from everyone else. I don't think Tobirama was wrong to worry about their easily damaged minds and emotional states, but he went about it all in the wrong way. He too was just the end result of centuries worth of humans and children just killing each other over and over again because of age old grudges.

The anti-ending peoples, especially on tumblr, have every right to hate what Naruto has become. Look at what's happened to this series, look at what's happened to this fandom. I've never seen anything like it, and most of it is Kishi's fault. Naruto never ended, Kishi and his allies pretended it did and sent this fandom into a frenzy. Even some of his staff were basically giving a verbal middle finger in plain language to people upset over the ending. They did a piss poor job, and they continue to do a piss poor job of trying to fix it and continue it. The hatred will never stop, and it'll never get better. It will remain this way, the people who hate all of it now vs. the people who love all of it (but they actually don't and paint their fantasies over it)

Like I said at the beginning, you can't take what many anti-ending people say to heart. They aren't really talking about NaruSaku fans, they aren't talking about fans of Naruto and Sakura's characters as we interpreted them to be (except the ones who always disliked their characters despite what happened in the manga before fall to the ending). It's not our fight anymore. When I see you on Tumblr debating these people, I always want to ask, "Why are you still fighting? There's no point. We're not in that fandom anymore."

As I've always said, yeah, a NaruSaku fan CAN be an anti-ender, and in fact, most of us are. But not all anti-enders are NaruSaku fans. I'd say the amount of NaruSaku fans who actively post in the anti-ending tags are a very small minority. Yeah, now a lot of non-NaruSaku anti-enders will defend us (and SNS) because we were the lesser of the evils, but that doesn't mean they are on our side. That does not mean they are our allies. We are not 'sisters', we just happen to agree on this one big thing and for that, we'll support each others arguments on that one thing.

The NaruSaku fandom... we are so far removed now and we're drifting further and further away from this series. It will only get better for us, it will only get better for you, but you just have to understand... there's no point of us fighting anymore. Maybe you can be sassy to some pro-enders, but there's literally no point in facing anti-enders. I really wish we could all spend less time discussing those ships and that manga and just focus on our own stuff now. We have so much material, it's ridiculous. I've seen other fandoms with 10x less continue to pump out beautiful things day in and day out, even after their pairings aren't canon and a decade has passed.

The NaruSaku fandom needs to get it together, and fighting pro-enders/anti-enders is only setting us back.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#36 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:17 AM

kirabook i'd like to thank you for your post. usually i loved reading anti ending posts, (mostly to help myself feel better that there are people who have brains and basic reading comprehension) but your point that "there is no point fighting" is so true. the series is done, they dont care anymore. its all about milking it. its no longer about US (being all the pairing fans, regular fans, anti or pro enders, EVERYONE) its now about a new generation of kids who'll now get into this boruto series; hook lined and sinker.

fanfiction is still on, as is many different art sites. some fans have ideas, some may not agree with all of them. some may dislike shinachiku and prefer ladygt's kasumi instead. but thats the beauty of this fandom. there are endless possibilities we can share with each other.

#37 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:23 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like an outcast in the fandom now. I feel like I don't belong to any side anymore. Every time I look at stuff the fandom does or writes or is apart of, my views are always so different.

You see the pro-enders talk about how great the ending is and who deserves what, but you notice that they live in denial more than anyone. They talk about "accept the canon," but even they don't do that. All they do is make fanart that contradicts everything in the manga. Sasuke is not that loving to Sakura, Naruto is not that loving to Hinata, and they are all so far from the truth that I wonder if even they accept the canon for what it is. They have picture of like Sasuke and Sakura snuggling under blankets and being all loving, but the reality is Sasuke doesn't want to be with his family period. He is not loving nor does romantic things like that. He doesn't snuggle or hug. He doesn't even kiss.

The worst now is when I see people saying like: "Well, hugging and kissing shouldn't need to occur to prove their romantic relationship." Yes, it does actually, For this case it does because SS is already such an unbelievable pairing that I doubt they are even married, but you want me to believe that they are loving and happily married without any proof of them showcasing such a thing? Come on. I might as well say that Naruto and Sakura are having an affair and I don't need proof to showcase that because I should need to prove that they are.

As for the anti-enders....I can't even relate to them either now. Recently the anit-enders are just hating on everything. They have gone from anti-enders to anti-Naruto period. I see posts of how Kushina and Minato were bad parents, how Shikamaru is a terrible assistant, how Tobirama caused the Uchiha Massacre and how the Uchiha were innocent victims, and the anti-Sakura posts...My god the anti-Sakura posts are out of control. They beat her down every chance they get saying how she deserves to die and be alone and all the punishments she gets all because Hinata had to get her way. When I say something against it, then I get harassed by both sides saying "Well, you're just a biased Sakura lover."

I can't be anything...I can't love anything or hate anything about this series because this fandom has become so toxic that it hurts just to breath when just hearing the word "Naruto." It is just as bad, if not worst, than dealing with DBZ fanboys when you argue that Goku is not the most powerful character in anime history.

I don't know what to do anymore. I don't feel safe anywhere. I don't feel like I am a part of a once intellectual group. Instead I feel like the Naruto fandom is made up of babies who are spoiled brats that demand they get their way.

Well I think that's it's admirable that you still argue logically and tell bpeopkle exactly what the hell is wrong with their so called opinions and thoughts. I my self just don't bother because a fandom in general isn't logical. It is as you say, they just see and demand what they want out of the thing they worship and turn into rabid kittens that rip each other apart when they don't get their way. I know my self, that what I hate is that the story just went downhill and nothing came came out of theending. notsatisfaction, no sense of achievement or happiness. however I don not bash the characters or story it self. this is all on the writer for what he did  or did not do. :superior: It's true the fandom is part of the problem, however they are not the solution nor are they the end all be all of a work of fiction.

That said  i can't offer much cause I know the feeling all to well as well as your grievances with the Naruto fandom. That's why i never joined any other fandom other than this one :thumbsup:  :happy:   

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#38 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:26 AM

Nothing more to be said after Kira preached. Kira for prez!

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#39 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:58 AM

We never see Naruto's genuine, bright and happy smile he used to have before the ending and as a pre-ending Naruto fan, it breaks my heart.

The closest we ever saw was when he was talking to Salad. Even with Boruto and Himawari, his own children, he only looks neutral at best, but is never truly smiling. With Salad, even then, the smile looked a lot more forced than natural, like talking to her was actually breaking him inside and all he could think was, "This could have been MY kid and the way my life could have become."

The toxicity of the fandom is really all due to Kishimoto. He created a divide between the fandoms from the very beginning and he only fueled it on both sides with indecisive behavior when it came to ships. He did not respect his readers at all, so the ending was a huge slap in the face for everyone, anti and pro ending. All of us were screwed over in the end. It is sad that the fandom as a whole cannot see this and discuss it as civilized people. I simply cannot understand how there are individuals who cannot see the massacre and slaughter that happened to almost every single character in the series. That to me is by far more important than who ended up with who!

And that's something I'll sometimes ask a NH/SS extremist/pro-ender - "Rather than NH/SS happening in general, are you truly happy with how they happened? Are you truly happy with simply being handed your canon ship on a silver platter without having any actual individual and mutual character development to show for it? That you were pitied?", and most of the time, all I'll get is either silence or the usual talking points of denial.

I sometimes compare how the ending came about to something like...if there was a kid involved in some competition and they spend all day talking about how happy they would be if they were to win the competition (while not being made to train or prepare for the competition in any way), and ends up not coming in first. As a result, no one wants to give them that second/third/etc. place trophy because of now not wanting to hurt their feelings because of how they talked so much about wanting to win (or he happens to have rich/influential family members or something), so they simply also give that kid a first place trophy out of pity so they can stand beside the kid who did actually train/prepare for and win the competition, which only destroys the prospect of that kid learning anything about not always getting their way and such, but also all but tells the kid who actually did win first place that it doesn't matter how much work (development in terms of story) you put into your goal, it won't matter because you'll always have someone else just lifted up and set down right beside you for one reason or another without doing any actual work.

I can understand Naruto wanting to be friends with Sasuke/Sasuke to be his friend because of him being one of the few who didn't avoid/tease him like others did (at their parents' order usually), but seriously, just one or two things they happened to have in common and yet never sharing anything but negative words and actions towards each other (because of "rivalry") does not equal "true friendship" or "best friends". Heck, from what we've seen in flashbacks, Naruto did have friends in the academy when he was younger, in Shikamaru, Chouji, and Kiba and their antics of cutting class and such, and yet with how Naruto has acted throughout most of Part Two, I, sadly, don't see him risking anywhere near as much to save their lives if they were to go down the same path as Sasuke for whatever reason.

If anything, Naruto would be worse. He's definitely the Shirou Emiya type (Fate/stay night) who would try to make it so he can have everything both ways. He'd want to save everyone, even at the possible cost of not being able to save anyone. The only one that is permissible to be hurt/killed would be himself. Such thinking is why, as I keep saying, Naruto (along with Sasuke) was far from mentally prepared to be even a Chunin, much less Hokage. At the very least, yes, Naruto cared far more about Sasuke than anyone else around him and, translated into Hokage action, Naruto would be more interested in "saving" an enemy than about the survival of his own people.

And this is the real world. Because the internet gives people the possibility of anonymity; therefore people can show their true colors without any repercussions.

If people had the possibility to be themselves in the real world without any consequences; most of them will do what they want and say what they want. Just like they can online.

Or if they feel that enough people are right behind them and/or in between themselves and whoever they're revealing themselves to. It's why, here in the US, racism, bigotry, xenophobia, etc. has seemingly exploded ever since President Obama was (re-)elected when the reality is that it was always there with such people; they were just too afraid to actually voice it out loud, but when so many others started doing so, especially elected (Republican) politicians, radio hosts, "news anchors", and all around crazy people (who would have otherwise been locked away in asylums or something decades ago) with no repercussions, only then do they suddenly have the "courage" to reveal their true selves.

"obito loved rin"

is that why he decided to destroy the village (you know, the thing she DIED FOR??! "oh this attack on the village is for you rin!") and his sensei, his wife, their newborn infant, and the WORLD? yeah rin would be soooo proud of him -_- obito was fine until kish screwed him up in the head

It was the same way with Sasuke. He initially kept trying to use Itachi and his sacrifice as justification for his never-ending quest for vengeance, and yet it was Danzo of all people to point out the blatant hypocrisy of Sasuke's actions and that all Sasuke was doing was spitting on Itachi's sacrifice

Naruto never ended, Kishi and his allies pretended it did and sent this fandom into a frenzy. Even some of his staff were basically giving a verbal middle finger in plain language to people upset over the ending. They did a piss poor job, and they continue to do a piss poor job of trying to fix it and continue it. The hatred will never stop, and it'll never get better. It will remain this way, the people who hate all of it now vs. the people who love all of it (but they actually don't and paint their fantasies over it)

And what they seem to not realize/choose to ignore is that it doesn't really matter what they do now, it will only further anger people. It's been made pretty clear that no one on either side of the spectrum actually gives a crap about the "new generation", meaning they'll have to keep coming back to the old one (which is probably the only thing that will keep a chunk of people coming back - hope in seeing stuff happen with the old generation), which is now hated for what they have become. If they don't show NH/SS suddenly being all lovey-dovey, then NH/SS extremists/pro-enders will hate them even more because it only cause themselves to look even more pathetic in their desperate attempts to truly legitimize their favorite pairings, but if they were to suddenly try to pull a switcheroo on pairings in some way in a desperate attempt to win back the other side, it will only make the NS/SK/anti-enders angrier because, at least the more casual/neutral/logical fans don't want pairings to happen out of pity, "popularity", rear-kissing, etc.

2e5.gif

#40 Emb3rs

Emb3rs

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Hi I'm Emb3rs, I'm new to the Anime world having only watched Attack on Titan and Naruto. I support NaruSaku and enjoy reading the fanfictions and discussions so i hope to learn more from this fandom.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:49 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like an outcast in the fandom now. I feel like I don't belong to any side anymore. Every time I look at stuff the fandom does or writes or is apart of, my views are always so different.

You see the pro-enders talk about how great the ending is and who deserves what, but you notice that they live in denial more than anyone. They talk about "accept the canon," but even they don't do that. All they do is make fanart that contradicts everything in the manga. Sasuke is not that loving to Sakura, Naruto is not that loving to Hinata, and they are all so far from the truth that I wonder if even they accept the canon for what it is. They have picture of like Sasuke and Sakura snuggling under blankets and being all loving, but the reality is Sasuke doesn't want to be with his family period. He is not loving nor does romantic things like that. He doesn't snuggle or hug. He doesn't even kiss.

The worst now is when I see people saying like: "Well, hugging and kissing shouldn't need to occur to prove their romantic relationship." Yes, it does actually, For this case it does because SS is already such an unbelievable pairing that I doubt they are even married, but you want me to believe that they are loving and happily married without any proof of them showcasing such a thing? Come on. I might as well say that Naruto and Sakura are having an affair and I don't need proof to showcase that because I should need to prove that they are.

As for the anti-enders....I can't even relate to them either now. Recently the anit-enders are just hating on everything. They have gone from anti-enders to anti-Naruto period. I see posts of how Kushina and Minato were bad parents, how Shikamaru is a terrible assistant, how Tobirama caused the Uchiha Massacre and how the Uchiha were innocent victims, and the anti-Sakura posts...My god the anti-Sakura posts are out of control. They beat her down every chance they get saying how she deserves to die and be alone and all the punishments she gets all because Hinata had to get her way. When I say something against it, then I get harassed by both sides saying "Well, you're just a biased Sakura lover."

I can't be anything...I can't love anything or hate anything about this series because this fandom has become so toxic that it hurts just to breath when just hearing the word "Naruto." It is just as bad, if not worst, than dealing with DBZ fanboys when you argue that Goku is not the most powerful character in anime history.

I don't know what to do anymore. I don't feel safe anywhere. I don't feel like I am a part of a once intellectual group. Instead I feel like the Naruto fandom is made up of babies who are spoiled brats that demand they get their way.

Its been 4 months or so since i started and caught up with Naruto and slowly i came to this realization too. I kinda hate that i let myself get dragged into this but in the end id just let myself fall for it again because of how much i loved this series. I tried getting reasonable answers in the debates i entered after catching up. I'll be honest when i first finished catching up , with the anime, i wanted to prove every NH fan wrong i didnt care to see any logic but i knew where to stop and thanks to that bit of self control i managed to stop after about a week or so and realize there was no winning to this series. In the end the only happy ones are those who let there liking of the show cloud all the facts that this series had so many bad things going on. I didnt even care about NS not shipping anymore because i realized it was more then that, Sakura hate, the impossible to get behind relationship the Sasuke and Sakura apparently have, the fact that Naruto gave up on his Ninja way of never giving up by giving up on sakura lol. All honest the final couples felt so uncomfortable to even look at that i didnt even bother watching Naruto The Last.

I find comfort, even though its small and usually leads me back here to vent a bit, in reading fanfics now.  I find that if i cant tolerate how unrealistic some of the people in the Naruto fandom can be with their fanart of things that wouldnt even make since, such as you said art of SS cuddling and kissing it just isnt a possibility the way they were written, then its best to just avoid that conversation or else youll find yourself wasting time on ignorance that unfortunately you yourself will fall to if you let it go to far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users