Close
Photo

Why do people here think Hinata is selfish whereas treat Sakura as a goddess?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#21 Advaith

Advaith

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

I hate hinata for four reasons and i have stated it in one thread.

BUT hinata's confession was honest,even if obsessed it was honest and let me make this clear sakura is no goddess,people should check themselves if they see her as any "goddess".

After 693,no matter how u interpret it,i'm sure everyone should know what the meaning was.I've been seeing many translators and posts regarding that chapter but stop denying the obvious.I understand all of the people here's translation and it is the correct one but it does not negate what it did to NS.

Hinata is not any goddess or whatever,those who say so(NH) are.........better not talk about that.

Hinata is not selfish but self obsessed to a point of blindness,but regardless of that all her approaches to naruto are honest and she doesn't have a second man in her mind(not bringing any silver medal/second guy argument here but stating the fact).

It pains me to tell this but both hinata and sakura are fails,Hinata has a blind obsession of ridiculous level towards a guy who never answered back,idolizes him making her blind to everything around her,doesn't have her own character instead the characterization and development depends and revolves around another guy.Whereas the other one's obsession is very unbelievable,murder attempts,that person never cared or looked at her,gave a heck of a confession to the guy(naruto) who was always there for her as well as loved her,these entire manga of running towards sasuke,trying to bring him back for whatever reason,even if it is platonic right now is unbelievable and unacceptable.

The only thing sakura has over hinata is her achievement in reaching her master's level in power on her own without any clan background or all sorts of advantages like that.She also is not 24 hours thinking or kun-ing Sasuke and get that in her work and be totally blind of everything in that world like hinata does.Sakura keeps a clear head on her job and at normal times.That's all

#22 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

The lie from the confession was from her bringing up Sasuke and saying she doesn't care about him anymore.

So I don't really see how it damages NS's credibility as you say.

I could just come out and straight up say that Naruto calling Sakura his GF to his father in front of Hinata damages NH. Or that he has not shown any romantic interest towards Hinata even after she told him she loved him also damages NH. OR that they have had less screen time together then majority of the entire cast in the manga ALSO damages NH.

See you can't see NS happening because of the "fake" confession, well I can't see NH happening because it doesn't make sense.

Edited by zatheko, 20 October 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#23 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

The lie from the confession was from her bringing up Sasuke and saying she doesn't care about him anymore.

So I don't really see how it damages NS's credibility as you say.

I could just come out and straight up say that Naruto calling Sakura his GF to his father in front of Hinata damages NH. Or that he has not shown any romantic interest towards Hinata even after she told him she loved him also damages NH. OR that they have had less screen time together then majority of the entire cast in the manga ALSO damages NH.

See you can't see NS happening because of the "fake" confession, well I can't see NH happening because it doesn't make sense.

Again with bringing up NH. I am not one bit concerned about NH happening, I know it won't atleast not without a huge asspull. But 693,540 LOI confession does affect the credibility of NS. I am solely talking about credibility of NS. I don't give a damn about other pairings. I just want that if kishi had opted for NS to happpen he should have not opted for the "I LOVE YOU" statement when Manga was 6-7 chaps from ending. That "I LOVE YOU" statement messed up NS for me more than all those moments when Sakura used to be a kitten to Naruto in part 1.

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#24 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

No sakura is not selfish.

#25 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:23 AM

Just wait and see what happens at the end of the manga. There's still a possibility that NS will only be hinted at, but no pairing will be canon.

Also, people aren't blind to Sakura's mistakes, however things like her LOI confession, love letter nin's words, and her latest confession to Sasuke aren't as black and white as you are painting it. Kishi likes to confuse his readers and leave things ambiguous, he admitted it. But, there's still some time for him to clear up the romance subplot, if he so chooses, or to leave it open ending.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#26 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

Well it does seems like she loves Sasuke unconditionally. Sakura was about to be killed by Sasuke, then she was also called useless and demeaned by Sasuke but still the only way Sakura found out of stopping Sasuke was to confess to him with Naruto right there. If she had even a bit of romantic feelings for Naruto and she knows Naruto has feelings for her she wouldn't have confessed in front of him at least. Her words were as transparent as Air i.e. "I LOVE YOU". I don't think Sakura is so stupid that she can't find any other words to convince Sasuke to stop. And as far as the old days thing goes it was in additiong to I LOVE YOU. Why couldn't it be just the old days statement? Because she wanted a last shot at Sasuke to see if he loves her.
Above one was my interpretation and until and unless she says otherwise I don't think I will just consider Kakashi's words as the will of Sakura.
^THIS
This is the kind of people I have created this topic for. You guys just put Sakura above anyone, including Naruto. You guys are saying naruto should have manned up and confessed, but how the hell could he???? :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :bash: :bash: :bash:
Naruto knows Sakura loves Sasuke, he has noot been given any proof that Sakura has started to love him romantically. For all he knows is she have accepted him as very good friend. Didn't you read this example "You have a very good friend and love that friend of opposite gender who you know have had feelings for someone else in the past and highly possibly still harbours feelings for them. Just as you are starting to think that MAYBE I should tell her how I feel, she/he confesses right in front of you to that other person. Will you still confess?"
Atleast I can never do it. I don't know maybe many deperate or over confident males can might do it, but not atleast 75% of males will be able to confess under such conditions.
Confessing to someone in itself is quite a difficult task, and to top it of you want him to confess when he knows that she loves Sasuke and have seen her cry huge tears during the POAL and when Sasuke was in the hospital. Noone can easily forget such things no matter how much happy go lucky they show themselves.
Not only this now she has done the confession in 693 people still want him to confess. :wha: We all saw back in part 1 that Naruto always hid his feelings whenever he saw Sakura get close to Sasuke and that's what he did in chapter 693. When Sakura confessed he remained quite because who is he to come between her romantic feelings. He cannot forcefully make her love him.
Love cannot only be expressed through words, it can be very nicely be expressed through actions and Naruto has done that beautifully over the time. His POAL, always encouraging Sakura etc. If Sakura didn't fall in love with him then what more can he do. Go and beg her to love him?
I don't know if Sakura faked that confession or not but it did damage the credibility of NS BIG time. IF this would have happened around the 500 mark just like chapter 540, it could have been overseen because their would have been time for clarifications, but now when their are 3 chapters left and no time for clarification, it is clear that Sakura still loves Sasuke, and if NS happens, it will happen because Sasuke rejected her.
You guys support Sakura blindly that you start disrespecting Naruto. All you see is Sakura can be happy with Naruto and not Sasuke, but after what Sakura did in 693, how the hell can Naruto believe that Sakura can love him romantically more than she loves Sasuke?02

this is the reason why I think ur interpretations are superficial....

and now it's pretty much clear to me

Kakashi's words actually agrees with Sai's but his statement proved things went deeper now

AND its u who saw it as JUST a confession but in reality it was a genuine attempt to stop him
Sasuke is Sakura's WEAKNESS ....she wasn't able to do anything so she made an Attempt to stop him

TELL ME, WAS THE CONDITION FAVOURABLE TO SEE IF NARUTO IS THERE OR NOT??

if she did so ....I'd rather HATE her THERE!! Cuz it's a double sided game then...

she's a honest girl...so she yelled like that ...

And u can't just unconsider previous chapters just bcuz of 693 in terms of her feelings for Naruto

#27 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

^THIS
This is the kind of people I have created this topic for. You guys just put Sakura above anyone, including Naruto. You guys are saying naruto should have manned up and confessed, but how the hell could he???? :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :bash: :bash: :bash:
Naruto knows Sakura loves Sasuke, he has noot been given any proof that Sakura has started to love him romantically. For all he knows is she have accepted him as very good friend. Didn't you read this example "You have a very good friend and love that friend of opposite gender who you know have had feelings for someone else in the past and highly possibly still harbours feelings for them. Just as you are starting to think that MAYBE I should tell her how I feel, she/he confesses right in front of you to that other person. Will you still confess?"
Atleast I can never do it. I don't know maybe many deperate or over confident males can might do it, but not atleast 75% of males will be able to confess under such conditions.
Confessing to someone in itself is quite a difficult task, and to top it of you want him to confess when he knows that she loves Sasuke and have seen her cry huge tears during the POAL and when Sasuke was in the hospital. Noone can easily forget such things no matter how much happy go lucky they show themselves.

Not only this now she has done the confession in 693 people still want him to confess. :wha: We all saw back in part 1 that Naruto always hid his feelings whenever he saw Sakura get close to Sasuke and that's what he did in chapter 693. When Sakura confessed he remained quite because who is he to come between her romantic feelings. He cannot forcefully make her love him.
Love cannot only be expressed through words, it can be very nicely be expressed through actions and Naruto has done that beautifully over the time. His POAL, always encouraging Sakura etc. If Sakura didn't fall in love with him then what more can he do. Go and beg her to love him?

I don't know if Sakura faked that confession or not but it did damage the credibility of NS BIG time. IF this would have happened around the 500 mark just like chapter 540, it could have been overseen because their would have been time for clarifications, but now when their are 3 chapters left and no time for clarification, it is clear that Sakura still loves Sasuke, and if NS happens, it will happen because Sasuke rejected her.

You guys support Sakura blindly that you start disrespecting Naruto. All you see is Sakura can be happy with Naruto and not Sasuke, but after what Sakura did in 693, how the hell can Naruto believe that Sakura can love him romantically more than she loves Sasuke? 

Please guys try to think how Naruto confessing just after Sakura's confession to Sasuke will reflect upon him. I don't think it will show him in a respectful manner in any way.

LMAO, this sounds ironic coming from you. From the past few weeks, you've been talking about how NaruSaku's been ruined just because of Sakura, when the reality is that it's both their faults. And aw, you made a thread just for me, you're too kind :smile:

Nobody is putting Naruto above Sakura, but it seems like you're doing exactly that since you want to judge Sakura on everything she's done, but not fault Naruto for anything. Hypocritical much? And how the hell is Sakura supposed to know about Naruto's feelings for her when the only thing that's on his mind 24/7 is Sasuke? You're trying to say that Sakura's obsessed with Sasuke, when Naruto's the kittening president of the Sasuke Uchiha fanclub. Nobody here is blind to Sakura's fault, but you sure seem like you oblivious to Naruto's.

Oh, and I just love how you're trying to say that people here put Sakura on a pedestal with Naruto, when you're doing the exact same thing with Naruto to Sakura. I'm a Sakura fan first and foremost, and I want her to be happy. Naruto is not the the only person she could be happy with, and you're very mistaken if that's the case. She could be with a fodder ninja or even get with Lee, and would still be able to be treated like a queen. Naruto is not the only person Sakura could have a happy life with :no:
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#28 Crow T Robot

Crow T Robot

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

Sakuras confession was not fake Kishi confirmed it himself...

il_340x270.597674861_fqyl.jpg

#29 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

In my opinion I would say it like this:

Its not that Hinata is selfish, its just that Kishi otherwise made her too Naruto centric, practically 90% of her entire development seems to revolve around Naruto Naruto Naruto, without much to the other larger cast, particularly those of team 8 who she should otherwise be more reactive around.

The deal with Hinata is that, she isnt selfish in personality, its that, after a good intro arc like the chunin exams which set up a lot of potential for her, Kishi after all these years hardly followed through with it, Hinata didnt get much that she needed. Where part 1 it was good that it made sense in all she would be inspired, well she kept this going too long and even after the confession and 615, we didn't see Hinata stepping up or acting a bit more aggressive towards the enemy. The problem to many felt that, even when Neji died, he almost just slipped her mind, the problem was that she was not outright selfish, but outright too fixiated upon Naruto.

In relation to other events however, yes, this is why the "Naruto-centric-disease" of her character has made some, unhappy with her. Like you get people like her just focusing on Naruto in 573 and wanting to "hold his hand", but you get Sakura going on all the trials naruto went through, generally alone, and how she and everyone else would be there to help him. Likewise for HInata, in 615 it was Neji died, then she thinks about narutos hand, this annoyed some people. Then we got 662-663, Hinata was again worried only on Naruto but missed this event, we got Sakura however at least focused on his dream of hokage. I think the pinnacle moment though is in the genjutsu, you see Hinatas dream, well that solves that, the problem is, Hinata is too centric on Naruto and her ideal of love with him, but thats not outright making her selfish, but its just too centered on her, its like theres nothing else to make her not a satellite character, even when she has team 8 who she should have interacted with more, its a sad case of, her fixiation on naruto, as a character, this is overdone to the point it makes her almost invisible to any team 8 interactions where she should have had a bit more, unlike team 10 for instance which mainly shikamaru had the most attention, but he got with his team a lot.

Also I would say, you got the title of this thread wrong, because for the record:

-Hinata is the one you see most treated like a goddess, generally at the expense of Sakura from most fans.

-Sakura is called the selfish one (though its untrue) simply because some enjoy the part 1 sasuke fixiation and believe its still there despite how she has been considerate of naruto many times, even above herself and sasuke such as willing to throw the chunin exams or offering to feed naruto after his injury (after he told her that it felt like they were closer to reaching sasuke together).

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#30 ButterBean

ButterBean

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Reading stories, watching NBA, playing video games, riding my bike, watching anime.

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

Romance in this manga sucks and for me it will end where not everyone is happy. Sakura is not selfish because she only wanted to save Sasuke and her world is not revolving in Sasuke alone. Hinata is not selfish but her character is mostly about Naruto. I don't hate Hinata but sometimes I hate how Kishi portrays her when it comes to Naruto. I don't know what Kishi is thinking why he made Hinata like that and why he made Sakura say those words in chapter 693. I love Sakura but I don't ignore her flaws. As a Sakura fan, Sakura's development > NS canon. I tend to look Sakura as a whole and take to consideration all her developments and not just her 693 fiasco. 80% of the fandom hates Sakura and most sites are compose of Sakura bashers but I respect them for their own opinions. H&E is the only place for me where I can appreciate Sakura and treat her as a queen.

Conclusively, Hinata is not selfish only because she wants to be with Naruto AND Sakura is not selfish because she only wanted to save Sasuke.

Edited by ButterBean, 20 October 2014 - 02:21 PM.

tumblr_nd19ye9jwJ1s497cfo1_500.jpg

#31 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

First of all i do not believe that hinata's confessionid selfish. I do not agree that she is selfish either . What she did for naruto in pain arch and the hand holding scene . Any good friend would have done that. I belive she is selfless if u take those points in to consideration. He has most polite and calm nature.

On the other hannd when it comes down to her feelings . I am reapeating her feelings for naruto. She becomes selfish. She is only looking what she want. How be by narutos site how to gain his love.. she hasnt thought about how can i understand naruto's feelings within him. He likes sakura should i interfere ? Like think about naruto he was willing to bring sasuke back knowing that when sasuke will be back sakura might not be interested in him. He qas willing to sacrifice his love just to make her smile. So thats what hinata is lacking in this whole plot u know . In every other cases imo hinata is self less

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#32 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I'm a pilot, so I spend most of my time in the air.

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

I think we all know where this is going

664086690_1145760.gif

#33 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:39 PM

Ok, I'll try to make it clear:

Why I think Sakura was selfish in pt. 1 and selfless in pt. 2 ~aka growing as a person~

Why I think Hinata is selfish

Edited by Naruko, 20 October 2014 - 08:41 PM.

lion-king-cute-funny-cat-gif.gif

#34 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

Ok, I'll try to make it clear:

Why I think Sakura was selfish in pt. 1 and selfless in pt. 2 ~aka growing as a person~

Why I think Hinata is selfish

Preach!

But I can't like it cuz

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day. 

:confused:

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#35 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

Preach!

But I can't like it cuz

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day. 

:confused:

:D it's ok, thank you. 

#36 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

FIrst of all sorry if this topic is in wrong thread because I was pretty confused about whether to put it in character thread or pairing thread(my post does contains pairing discussion).

I have seen many people here describing Hinata's confession as selfish. I don't understand why you guys think like that?
What Hinata did was to try save her love from getting possibly killed even if it meant she was going to die herself. She was sacrificing herself to save Naruto.

More importantly if you consider Hinata's confession selfish, how the hell in the world you guys consider Sakura selfless?
Sakura did a FAKE CONFESSION to Naruto. I don't know for sure that whether 693 was a real confession or not but if by any chance it wasn't it will once again show just how desperate and selfish Sakura can be. She used Naruto's pure selfless love towards her as a weapon against Naruto.

I don't have anything against Sakura but just as NH fans bash Sakura many guys here also does injustice to Hinata.

Also if you guys consider interpretaions by other people than the ones in a pairing(Sakura, Sasuke, Hinata, Naruto) canon than NS has definitely been shaken very much during the fake confession. If Yamato's unfinished sentence and Kakshi's interpretaion is canon than why not what Sai said. Sai clearly stated many times, which was also very well realised by Naruto during sakura's confession to him that Sakura loves Sasuke, Sakura loves Sasuke so much and so on atleast 4 times. I don't consider other people's interpretaions as canon facts and it would be nice if noone does.

The thing that will make any pairing canon is not what Kakashi, Sai or Yamato thinks about their feelings, but how the people involved feel about each other. For what I know their is still a huge chance that Sakura actually never developed even a hint of romantic feelings for Naruto and her confession in 693 was completely true.

Also when you guys say that Hinata is selfish or anyone else is selfish in context of love, then I must tell you that love is kind of SELFISH. That is why, people use 'I' in it. Only people in Naruto who have for sure shown completely selfless romantic love in Naruto are actually only NARUTO & JIRAIYA towards Sakura and Tsunade respectively.

Not to sound harsh, but I think you're overreacting just a bit too much. You should not judge Sakura's confession like plea in chapter. Kishi had already hinted from Sasuke's response to Kakashi and Hagoromo's selective words to describe love in a platonic nature. This means that Sakura loving Sasuke may not be romantic.

I don't see how wanting to persuade someone close as family to do no wrong through affection could be selfish. Imagine her father being in Sasuke's shoes. Are you going to hold that against Sakura too, all because it's Naruto's birthday?

Hinata only about Naruto and she confessed that she was selfish during the pain arc. Sakura has cared for others including the enemy Obito because he sacrificed himself. How about Hinata?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#37 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:52 PM

Not to sound harsh, but I think you're overreacting just a bit too much. You should not judge Sakura's confession like plea in chapter. Kishi had already hinted from Sasuke's response to Kakashi and Hagoromo's selective words to describe love in a platonic nature. This means that Sakura loving Sasuke may not be romantic.

I don't see how wanting to persuade someone close as family to do no wrong through affection could be selfish. Imagine her father being in Sasuke's shoes. Are you going to hold that against Sakura too, all because it's Naruto's birthday?

Hinata only about Naruto and she confessed that she was selfish during the pain arc. Sakura has cared for others including the enemy Obito because he sacrificed himself. How about Hinata?

XD

Btw good job. 

Edited by Naruko, 20 October 2014 - 09:52 PM.

#38 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

While I personally never thought of Hinata as selfish, I have always seen her as highly flawed due to her constant use of Naruto as her crutch in life. Now Sakura's character does have her flaws but she refuses to be as seen as someone who can't stand alone. It's that need and desire of Sakura's to be seen as her own person who's of use to all of her friends and her village not just Naruto or Sasuke that drawn us more towards her than Hinata. Hinata's seems to be seen as someone who wants to get stronger solely for Naruto and that really irks a lot of us.

#39 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:20 AM

Why do I get the feeling that there's gonna be alot of bashing here in this topic? :confused:

#40 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:02 AM

Why do I get the feeling that there's gonna be alot of bashing here in this topic? :confused:

There's not though. We are arguing as civilized people ^^  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users