97 replies to this topic

#21 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:26 AM

Yeah :) Once she decided that she was officially trans, that's when it changed. If she decides to have reassignment surgery, that's on her. But as of now she is officially a woman. I love all of her work too, even though I don't completely understand it sometimes haha. 

I wish there were more mangas like Goodnight Punpun. Another really good one I Am a Hero. :)

Apparantly, her work Solanun was critically acclaimed. Do you know what it's about?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#22 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:34 AM

Apparantly, her work Solanun was critically acclaimed. Do you know what it's about?

To be honest it's been years since I read her work (excluding Punpun) but I remember I enjoyed it but it made me depressed, like all of her other work. The one where that little child goes missing is the worst :'( (forgot what it's called but it's a one-shot)

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#23 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:45 AM

To be honest it's been years since I read her work (excluding Punpun) but I remember I enjoyed it but it made me depressed, like all of her other work. The one where that little child goes missing is the worst :'( (forgot what it's called but it's a one-shot)

Her mangas seem to be all so depressing T-T Wonder how punpun will affect once I've finished it.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#24 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

NO NO NO. 

SAVE YOURSELF.  

If you're weak at heart this is not the series for you. I remember reading this when the first chapter came out (so maybe 6-7 years ago) and I can honestly say that this story has been a trip. I'm actually a huge seinen/slice of life reader more so than shounen, but shounens are the only ones that have fandoms lol. But I've read almost every dark seinen out there and this one is one of the most depressing. 

But honestly the story is absolutely amazing. It's beautiful even, but when I read the ending I was torn for an entire week. It was so good, yet so traumatizing. I won't spoil, but if you're into dark stories then this is a must read.  

Also the art is amazing. 

Edit: Also, the author is a trans woman, and one of the best mangakas in recent history. 

Now I got really pumped up to finish this...

Edited by Nar123, 05 February 2015 - 02:01 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#25 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

The ending lets you "wha..what the..okay...what am I going to do with my life from now on"

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#26 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:03 PM

Ugh, I'm torn. I like dark stuff like Berserk, but I'm also not sure I'm interested in reading serious, messed up stuff. I'm conflicted.

#27 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:04 PM

MARK MY WORDS: I will read and finish this manga. Hopefully, it won't traumatize me, lol.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#28 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

Ugh, I'm torn. I like dark stuff like Berserk, but I'm also not sure I'm interested in reading serious, messed up stuff. I'm conflicted.

Read it and you will tell.

Anyway, the beginning is soft as kitten.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#29 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:13 PM

I just started it, and seriously, it is ....wow ! 

The fact that punpun and his family are depicted as birds ...makes things more "shocking", dark and in a some weird way....realistic ! 

I already love that manga. 

Seinens are sooo different from shonen manga...and I think that's what I need in my life. 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#30 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

I just started it, and seriously, it is ....wow ! 

The fact that punpun and his family are depicted as birds ...makes things more "shocking", dark and in a some weird way....realistic ! 

I already love that manga. 

Seinens are sooo different from shonen manga...and I think that's what I need in my life. 

You understand it :cry:

Not like Philip  :hm: 
As how I said, the beginning is...really soft compared to the rest of the manga...

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#31 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:21 PM

As how I said, the beginning is...really soft compared to the rest of the manga...

Lol, I keep forgetting who Phillipp is :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I get what you mean with "soft" but the first chapter already illustrates some daily problems. I didn't expect the father to go on such a rampage.

What do you guys think? Why did the author choose to represent Punpun as a bird? The answer seems obvious, but I've never  seen such a manga before!

Edited by trang95, 02 March 2015 - 10:22 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#32 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:21 PM

Read it and you will tell.

Anyway, the beginning is soft as kitten.

I'll probably end up reading it, but, I dunno. I read a few review just now online and it very much had a consistent theme of "cynicism; coming of age; depression; dark; etc. etc." Part of me is really, really intrigued. Part of me also wants to stay far, far away because, you know what, I came of age; I'm cynical. I get enough of that in my actual life that I'd prefer to avoid it in my art consumption.

But, like I said, I'll probably read it anyway.

#33 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:25 PM

the beginning is always soft..then... I still remember the day I've read the chapter 13 of Berserk ! haha ! 

The most "fearful" side, is that what generally happens in seinens, are really close to reality...and for us, who generally read mangas to escape that reality, and dream..., it's a different "world" 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#34 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

Lol, I keep forgetting who Phillipp is :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I get what you mean with "soft" but the first chapter already illustrates some daily problems. I didn't expect the father to go on such a rampage.

What do you guys think? Why did the author choose to represent Punpun as a bird? The answer seems obvious, but I've never  seen such a manga before!

That's why she's original  :umm: I couldn't find any cliche thing on it!!

I'll probably end up reading it, but, I dunno. I read a few review just now online and it very much had a consistent theme of "cynicism; coming of age; depression; dark; etc. etc." Part of me is really, really intrigued. Part of me also wants to stay far, far away because, you know what, I came of age; I'm cynical. I get enough of that in my actual life that I'd prefer to avoid it in my art consumption.

But, like I said, I'll probably read it anyway.

Lmao, I understand. But it has a happy ending. It will teach you that you can be kittened up and still have...a life (?)

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#35 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

That's why she's original  :umm: I couldn't find any cliche thing on it!!

Lmao, I understand. But it has a happy ending. It will teach you that you can be f**cked up and still have...a life (?)

A happy ending, huh? Alright. I'll give it a shot.

#36 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

LOL I got that by now which why I said it was an misunderstanding nothing biggie XD 

Oh Ok so that's how it changes I guess its based on the psychological trauma he gets .  It annoys me bc it  looks to freaking childish  like its from the freaking old cartoons they used to make  seen it often besides I've always hated that kind of a simple design , So while it may look original to you to me its not , the design is just meh ! it throws me of a bit !!! . 

I also believe is because she's hidding his identity. And his family identity. As how it were a story from "real life".

Look, we got a bit of him:

spoiler

the beginning is always soft..then... I still remember the day I've read the chapter 13 of Berserk ! haha ! 

The most "fearful" side, is that what generally happens in seinens, are really close to reality...and for us, who generally read mangas to escape that reality, and dream..., it's a different "world" 

Yeahh...

Edited by theunburnt, 02 March 2015 - 10:44 PM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#37 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:44 PM

A happy ending, huh? Alright. I'll give it a shot.

Uhhh, a happy ending for a manga like that. But it will kitten you up anyway.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#38 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:47 PM

I just read Ch.4... That's some deep stuff they are talking about already. I like Punpun's uncle btw.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#39 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

I just read Ch.4... That's some deep stuff they are talking about already. I like Punpun's uncle btw.

Yeah, he's cool, but I don't know if you will like him if you keep reading. It didn't change my mind but I'm me.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#40 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, he's cool, but I don't know if you will like him if you keep reading. It didn't change my mind but I'm me.

Given the nature of this manga, I wouldn't be surprised if I find out some secrets about that uncle.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oyasumi punpun, manga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users