Close
Photo

Sasuke is going have a good ending right?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

#61 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Mar 10 2011, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this might be a stupid question...but do some ppl here not like sasuke cause of the pairings?
(just asking)

I disliked Sasuke almost as soon as he was introduced, and the more we got to know him the less I liked him; pairings had nothin' to do with it XD

In answer to the topic--

I'd like to see Sasuke die, but it's mostly just because I really don't like him and get annoyed whenever he's around. Looking at the way Kishi's kept us (at least minutely, if not fairly) tuned in to what's going on behind Sasuke's actions, to me it doesn't seem like the boy will be getting the death sentence.

He's got too many conflicting emotions stirring him up--the need to clean up his clan's name through genocide, his lingering connection with Naruto that makes him lose focus, etc.--, and they'll eventually have to duke it out for dominance. I have a feeling that (through whatever chain of events Kishi decides on) Sasuke will eventually realize he's been a giant dillweed and will feel some sort of regret.
Maybe. Just a little.
Said regret will lead him to either doing an ultimate good deed that makes him feel he's regained equilibrium, or to simply up and leaving to go off and find that equilibrium off-screen. I suppose he could die so long as he performs some huge act of niceness, and the "tragedy" of his death could serve as a fitting end to a character that's kind of always been tragic...

.....(why do I always feel like I've been rambling when I try to give an analysis? DX )

Basically, I don't think he'll die as his personal reasons and dramas have been made to integral to the plot, as is the idea of his redemption in living (which didn't mention above 'cause my attention span is this big; geez I suck at this) since, as others have mentioned, if Sasuke were to die it would mean that Naruto failed rather than succeeded where others didn't.

Although...could it still count as Naruto succeeding where Jiraiya failed if he managed to get Sasuke to at least say sorry before dying?

[/end incoherent rambling]

#62 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

i actually feel for sasuke...team 7 was so much fun..and now sasuke is going down a bad path, and everyone thinks he has to die. i dont think sasuke is evil, hes just acting like a whinning child thats lost and doesnt know what to do. gotta say it makes me feel bad.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#63 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Mar 11 2011, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was saying if gaara has a chance to be forgiven so does sasuke

what im saying now is that both their lives were bad, but gaara's life is better while sasuke's life is getting worse

these are both different things.

but that doesnt matter. dont just point out one part of my comment. if your going to reply to it, reply to the whole thing

Yes I understand what you were saying. But that would still be comparing.

Sasuke's life is getting worse? Out of his own actions and his own deeds his life is getting worse. Going to the Kage Summit to settle this old school style wasn't going to help anyone. He's completely consumed by revenge.

Gaara's life is better because of Naruto. Sasuke had Naruto too. Everything else shouldn't matter except the road they chose. Sasuke clearly chose his road.

And as for that last part there is no need to get angry. I'm only discussing something with you. I was replying to the entire thing, I just couldn't quote the entire thing.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#64 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:46 AM

LOL I compared Sasuke and Gaara too.
I just recently had a similar debate with a Naruhina fan (in another forum), who was bashing Sakura and Sasuke bla bla bla. At least here I don't have to defend Sakura.

I will conclude my sets of arguments by saying that I totally understand from where Sasuke is coming from (And it seems that Naruto agrees with me tongue.gif).
I would have think less of Sasuke if he didn't do ALL what can be done to avenge his parents, since he claimed himself to be an avenger since the very beginning. This is HIS will of fire. It's not as if his parents were killed during war or whatever, they were cold-bloodedly murdered within the village, their home, where they were supposed to be safe, and now he discovered that the Konoha elders had a hand in it. What else do you expect him to do.

So let's see what will happen to our dearest Sasuke kun.

Edited by Madz, 11 March 2011 - 07:47 AM.

#65 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Mar 11 2011, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I understand what you were saying. But that would still be comparing.

Sasuke's life is getting worse? Out of his own actions and his own deeds his life is getting worse. Going to the Kage Summit to settle this old school style wasn't going to help anyone. He's completely consumed by revenge.

Gaara's life is better because of Naruto. Sasuke had Naruto too. Everything else shouldn't matter except the road they chose. Sasuke clearly chose his road.

And as for that last part there is no need to get angry. I'm only discussing something with you. I was replying to the entire thing, I just couldn't quote the entire thing.

but thats just it. unlike gaara, sasuke is finding new things about his life and its making matters worse. like i said sasuke life is getting crappier and crappier. one problem after the other. THATS why sasuke is turning evil thats why naruto doesnt know how to deal with sasuke. naruto cant just fight sasuke and expect him to go back to the good side. thats why hes failing at it. sasuke needs a realization. deep down sasuke is good, its not that he wants to just be bad.

like i said with all this stuff happening why should he trust konoha like that?

and sorry if i sounded mean :o i need to go to bed im getting grumpy.

#66 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

I still think the exact information about what happened to/with Itachi is yet to be known.

Madara could have "conveniently" left out some important "details" about the assasination or the time before it. (like suggested by Kakashi)

Didn't during the Sasuke vs. Itachi, Sasuke claim he knew there was someone else who had a hand in the assasination, can't exactly recall Itachi's answer. But if Madara had and Sasuke finds out that Madar had twisted the story so he could control Sasuke. Sasuke will definitely turn against Madara.

And if Sasuke helps Naruto/Sakura/...etc. defeating Madara I think the name of his clan will be equally redeemed.

edit because I keep forgetting that the starter of this thread hasn't even completed part 1 yet

Edited by Torxe, 11 March 2011 - 08:06 AM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#67 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

the only thing Itachi left out of the massacre is Konoha being involved.

That information was filled in by Madara.

I think Konoha has to pay dearly as well, and it already has, Pein buried it to the ground. Also its the ickling of revenge.

Remember how it just became small, when you travel down that path there is no end in sight. First in part 1 he wanted to kill his brother, in part 2 he managed to do it, he wasn't happy. Then he managed to kill the old dude Danzo. No success in finding happiness, he wants more revenge. Now he wants to destroy Konoha and Naruto who are innocent in the Uchiha massacre. Naruto now understands what he has been going through, since he wanted to kill Nagato to avenge Jiraiya and the village, its what happened after he met him, that he realized that revenge wasn't the way, and it will only trigger the Rain village to act against Konoha, causing a war.

Edited by Strangelove, 12 March 2011 - 01:17 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#68 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

Naruto and Sasuke will fight.
When their minds meet Sasuke will return to the good side ... don't ask me why ... maybe he realize the whole tragedy ... or another evil secret from Mandara comes out about Sasukes Family ...
Sasuke will return to the Village, because of Information about Mandara bla bla blah ... reunion of Team 7.
The Final fight will be Naruto and Sasuke aghinst Mandara, Sasuke will die in battle.

... or something like that ...
"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#69 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:31 PM

To be quite honest, I couldn't care less about Sasuke. He's one of the biggest jerks I've ever seen in anime.
Also, earlier in this thread, I noticed you said you didn't know who Karin was; at what point in the storyline are you, exactly?

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 05 April 2011 - 11:36 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#70 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Mar 11 2011, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Except that didn't Sasuke commit the massacre to protect Konoha against a clan planning a coup against the village.

#71 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Mar 11 2011, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That information was filled in by Madara.

I think Konoha has to pay dearly as well, and it already has, Pein buried it to the ground. Also its the ickling of revenge.

Remember how it just became small, when you travel down that path there is no end in sight. First in part 1 he wanted to kill his brother, in part 2 he managed to do it, he wasn't happy. Then he managed to kill the old dude Danzo. No success in finding happiness, he wants more revenge. Now he wants to destroy Konoha and Naruto who are innocent in the Uchiha massacre. Naruto now understands what he has been going through, since he wanted to kill Nagato to avenge Jiraiya and the village, its what happened after he met him, that he realized that revenge wasn't the way, and it will only trigger the Rain village to act against Konoha, causing a war.

So Nagato was the final catalyst. I guess that makes sense. Two enemies becoming allies, and giving back to the world instead of taking from.

#72 KyuubiNarutoxSakura

KyuubiNarutoxSakura

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

Seriously, I think sasuke might do what was said way earlier in this thread, he will relize what he did and save naruto from whatever danger but die in the process. But Im not even to sure about that because Sasuke has gone down a terrible path. I used to really hate sasuke...alot! But in shippuden I tried to see things his way and I don't hate his as much but I still hate him.

If you look at it he has kinda gone crazy....like in the manga he just started this crazy laugh (like kira o.o) and I was kinda like "has he lost his mind?" and I think he really has. I understand why, he did go through alot and I get it. But Naruto and Gaara went through stuff as well like no on liking them. Atleast sasuke could've had friends and stuff if he wasn't so freakin stuborn. Anyway, with the whole Gaara thing, No gaara didn't have love and really he seemed worse off then sasuke during the Chunin exams but Nartuto saved him. And he tryed to save Sasuke to but...we know how that went. sleep.gif

But he (sasuke) keeps looking for things to get revenge at, it seems like he's doing it so he has a purpse in life and he knows he can't go back so he looks for something else to go after. First it was Itachi, he finds out the truth, now its Konaha. I mean when does it stop for him? I don't know, thats how I feel about that whole thing.

"I love you, and always will..." <3

#73 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:06 AM

Mending his mistakes and hatred with something huge (like helping Naruto defeat Madara or dieing saving Konoha or Naruto or something). Either way I'm pretty sure the good ending would have to come with something HUGE! LIKE REALLY HUGE! In order for him to make up for all the crap he's done in the past. He's way too far in the darkness now.. only something like that will save him in the eyes of other people.. if it even can.

Relationship wise, with Sakura, I seriously think he has no chance... unless Kishimoto wants to ruin the story and its morale >.>

I don't hate Sasuke, sometimes I do... But yeah I'm pretty darn sure he'll have a good ending. Just not THAT good of an ending. If anyone, it should be Naruto and Sakura with the best ending for all they've freakin suffered........ And I'm PRETTY SURE ;D I have a good idea of what their "best ending" would BE. ;D

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#74 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:08 AM

honestly, UNTIL sasuke attacks konoha and kills some people, i think hes still redeemable.

action is one thing and talk is another

#75 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

I agree with MerryGoFlava at some point Sasuke needs to be redeemed, if he survives this whole thing that's a whole other matter.

Partly because I kind of think about the old team 7 as the next-gen sannin (yeah, I know how original of me dry.gif)
And isn't it some kind of major point in the Narutoverse that the new generation surpasses the previous one?
I'm talking about the whole Jiraiya not being able to bring Orochimaru back (actually we never saw this part in great detail u think there will be some kind of side-story similar to Kakashi's gaiden? although I don't think it's likely since both characters died... )

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#76 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

It depends on what you mean by a "goood ending".

If you mean what Sasuke would consider a good ending (Konohagakure razed to cinders and everybody dead) then the answer should be... no.

If you mean what Naruto would consider a good ending (Sasuke repented and living on Konoha)... I am not sure. I am prone to believe Naruto will ultimately manage reach him out. If he will survive his redemption, and live on Konoha is another entirely different matter. I would not like the manga ended up with Sasuke living again in Konoha like if nothing would have happened because I would find it unrealistic, but I am resigned to the fact it is unlikely Kishimoto doesn't solve that subplot in a manner I like (personally I would settle for SAsuke coming to his senses and then sacrificing himself for saving Naruto or his two ex-teammates).

If you mean -since you are a SasuSaku fan- Sasuke married to Sakura... again my answer is no. And it is not only because Sasuke wouldn't consider it a good ending, but also because I highly doubt SS happens, I am sorry. Sasuke doesn't care for Sakura at all, and Sakura stopped chasing Sasuke long ago (and if she would have got her way, they would have stopped searching Sasuke before the timeskip. Do you remember what she said to Naruto in the hospital?).

By the way, someone asked if people hated Sasuke because they were NS fans. I am a NS fan but don't hate Sasuke. I don't like him and I don't care about him, but it is for reasons are completely unrelated with pairings or shipping wars (moreover, I never regarded him like a threat to NS, so I couldn't hate him because I thought he got in the way).

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#77 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:43 PM

i think sasuke will be redeemed and probably live as a wanderer, he likes his space anyway. and visit time to time.

and question others say konoha wont accept him? is it cause he killed danzo? cause thats the only thing his seemed to do.

im thinking the other nations wont allow konoha to accept him back. (raikage mostly) but maybe they could forgive him also? i mean killer bee is still alive. and its not like sasuke was joined, when akatsiki were going on a tails hunting spree.

#78 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Apr 6 2011, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way, someone asked if people hated Sasuke because they were NS fans. I am a NS fan but don't hate Sasuke. I don't like him and I don't care about him, but it is for reasons are completely unrelated with pairings or shipping wars (moreover, I never regarded him like a threat to NS, so I couldn't hate him because I thought he got in the way).

I dislike Sasuke very much. But it has nothing to do with me being a NS fan.

#79 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:03 AM

Great post @ciardha. That's EXACTLY as how I'd see Sasuke provide closure for Naruto and Sakura and their bond with him.
Though I know it won't be exactly like that, it'll definitely be SIMILAR. Kishi can be pretty predictable sometimes xD

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#80 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 6 2011, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think sasuke will be redeemed and probably live as a wanderer, he likes his space anyway. and visit time to time.

and question others say konoha wont accept him? is it cause he killed danzo? cause thats the only thing his seemed to do.

im thinking the other nations wont allow konoha to accept him back. (raikage mostly) but maybe they could forgive him also? i mean killer bee is still alive. and its not like sasuke was joined, when akatsiki were going on a tails hunting spree.

Simple. Not only did he kill Danzou, who is still a Konoha ninja, he's allied with Akatsuki, the organization that the whole of Shinobi nations is basically fighting against, so he's basically everyone's enemy. Also, he's a missing ninja who also allied with another ex-Konoha ninja, Orochimaru, and endangered the lives of Shikamaru's team during Sasuke's Retrieval. Allying with Orochimaru also implies he must've done some...ethically/morally questionable actions to attain power. He vowed vengeance against Konoha despite Itachi -as twisted as his approach to 'protecting' Sasuke is- sparing Sasuke from the Uchiha clan's dark secret. If anything, Sasuke's tendency to be manipulated like a wind-up toy is a danger to the people around him.

About Sasuke and Gaara, the greatest difference between the two is that Gaara turned himself around, redeeming himself by becoming Kazekage to protect those who used to hate him. Sasuke chooses to fall into darkness and vengeance, he doesn't want to be saved, he just -pardon the reference- wants to see the world (more specifically, Konoha) burn. If he returns to Konoha and things returned to normal and happy, he'd be the biggest karma houdini I've ever seen.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 10 April 2011 - 07:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users