TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:23 PM

The Finale is here! I saw the episode and here's what happened:

Summary

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 05 July 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#2 HANAMI

HANAMI

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

The Finale is here! I saw the episode and here's what happened:

Summary

best episode yet tbh, the stupid arc is finally finishing

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

It could have been to me but the last half ruined it. It's the Naruto's legacy that carries on: weak payoff.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 05 July 2017 - 05:30 PM.

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

Nothing against anyone, but I got a bad feeling that I am going to placed in the wrong section. Like "I want deaths!" or "I want dark!" or any of those kinds. Because reality is I am not. I don't want to be a run-off man who has to constantly repeat myself or defend myself because there's a "made" faction now. Like I can't be a separate part. I had to deal with slice of life excuse so many times and I already know that. I watched crap load of that genre, do I need to be placed in a group automatically?

I can go into detail on why it was underwhelming, but I got other fish to fry. Put it this way. While the general audience is that, it may be harder to care if it's going to be that. It's like reviewing a movie for toddler, it's not truly necessary to review them. If anything, it makes the product all the more less caring for the old fans because the formula is "excusable" since it is made for them. That said it is easy escape goat since that's the target audience. If that's the case, it's fine. Truth is the show isn't bad, but it's forgettable. It's the filler anime of the season and then some. The major irony is that Fairy Tail would actually be excused beyond belief if it were to announce the audience is this one. In short, it's hard to judge but best to say, whatever.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 05 July 2017 - 06:24 PM.

#5 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:19 PM

I won't go into details, but I feel like I should respond.

It's not that in here it's divided, thankfully. You go outside of here and you will meet the defenders and the attackers. It all boils down to one conclusion: if you don't like it, you belong in this faction. Whenever a person don't like it, they will fire back with "Boruto don't kill people," When it comes to pay-off, I simply don't ask for something dark like Sumire dies or Boruto fails, though latter would benefit in some extent. All I am asking is a good note to sendoff.

If we were to imagine the target audience to be for kids. Your writing don't need to be that deep or even wordy enough to make not only sense but thought-provoking. In here, it's too narrow and rushed because it concludes here after action set piece in the first half. Barely a quarter piece, it was resolved and a lot of things became too easy. So if it's made for kids, fine, it's not like I was asking for Einstein's words from Barney or anything. It's just there. The overall feeling is a filler being concluded, yet not much feel accomplished. If anything, what you got from manga (700, Gaiden, current run) is all we need to know about these characters. It feels like a filler since it has that vibe from Shippuden where it wants to address one aspect of the story and the payoff tends to be even weaker.

It would make matter worse if supposedly Boruto's special eye don't activate anymore. I understand it makes sense, but this would make the whole thing a bait for viewers because manga didn't do it. It's not like Dragon Ball Super, where you can compelled and surprised from both versions, even the endpoint should be largely the same. This is going to be equivalent to how filler introduced the shadows of the Hidden Mist Swordsmen. It doesn't help that this series is a sequel, so people wants change, not the same. We are getting more of the latter lately.

#6 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

Remember db84x always said that the show is aim to teen and preteen over and over and over again ?? :lmao: :lmao:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#7 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:57 PM

It's divisive out there right now. It's a mixed reaction, unlike last episode in which I thought it was going somewhere despite some weak moments (pretty contrived setup for only Boruto to be the savior).

It's not rushed because she's the culprit. The episode itself felt rushed because it seems like it wants to clear out asap as well as doing some other moments to fit in. It's not out of focus, but it feels like it tries not to make 1.5 episode worth. It's the reason of quick change of mind happens a bit sudden, minus Sumire in some extent.

Nue was disappointing and it's been around for the entire series. What we got is like watching a new character in Naruto finally in action: neat but disappointment hits hard. The threat wasn't nearly anything they're trying to make it out to be, hence another "show don't tell" problem. I get it that Sumire wouldn't be tough to defeat, but the overall just felt weak.

The reason I said filler is because it becomes clearer that it's done like a way that if you start the manga, you won't miss anything from anime. It's not like Super where you can act like you know, but then someone tells you that the villain didn't die like that nor it was this guy who defeated him. So with Boruto, you are watching a filler environment. Maybe not as bad because they're not that bad, but there are some average episodes and few slightly above.

I understand that it's trying to introduce the characters though many don't get that much developments, rather it's a one note moment. It's like it's afraid to explore in depth because the manga didn't do it. That's my problem. It's acting like it's limited and the only characters they can take far is the anime exclusive (for now) characters, hence Sumire being focused. Sarada will only gets her when Gaiden is animated and rumor has it, that's coming soon.

Once the eye disappears, it may not be addressed again until manga happens. It's just a great long-lasting Easter egg, since that was in the manga. Nothing has really changed except that there's no more ghost problem. Now it's only matter of if Sumire sticks around and that's it.

I see this anime just slightly above average series. If I miss it, it wouldn't faze me in a slightest.

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:21 PM

Boruto is not Naruto just a kitten retarded spin off of it.

Edited by Gravenimage, 05 July 2017 - 10:22 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:04 AM

Boruto Episode 14: The Path That Boruto Can See. The end of this bloody arc. Next week is the fallout of the arc.

Starts off with someone -I think Kakashi- going over the basics of summoning, and  then trying to say that the Nue is unique, because it lives in a different dimension. Naruto activates the sage mode which apparently makes his visions turn golden like has he a byakugan activated. I thought the sage mode enhance his abilities such as enhance sensory abilities -like when he first used it in battle the Pein he was able to tell Kakashi was not in the village not because we saw him using his eye to check for kakashi's signature but because it enhance his abilities that he was able to sense stuff like that-, and the eyes were just a sign of the mode activating not that it actually changes his vision like the other eyes do, because there has been nothing hinting that it does before this. Well now they do that I guess or they have always done that because retcons. Sai Naruto and Kakashi wonder when the Nue went and where the caster is. Kakashi guesses that the clone is in another dimension. 

Opening

So Blond Sai, Train boy and Shika go to the police yellow tape is and wonder where Boruto is. They also mention how the Clone is missing. Bolt falls and gets caught by some vines He then quickly tries to look for the clone, and notice the Nue has the same aura that was possessing everyone else. The Nue attacks. Bolt is able to hold his own and even wound a beast that required two hokages and a large number of lower ranks ninja to handle. He get thrown but says that not going to hold him down and he is going to avenge the clone. Of course since his eye is an advance version of the byakugan he is able to see it chakra paths and see a giant glowing thing near the at the tail.

kitten. kitten. We saw last episode cups just stand their till after the portal close how is he there so quickly? So Bolt comes up with a plan to capture the nue by blowing up some of the sacred ropes in the area. Cups try finishing it off with the clone blocking the attack...Wait if she was already outside shouldn't bolt deus ex ass pull filler eyes have shown him her chakra thread connecting her to it? So he should have know that she got out. So they talk; she about revenge, Cups about killing her, and Bolt about forgiving her (which he does through out both the last episode and this one). More about her tragic backstory. More about her father raising her as a weapon of revenge. Cups and the clone fight. Bolt get in the way again this time getting stab in the arm,which basically a for show wound to be honest. Bolt then goes on and on about who she was when she was the class representative, and that must be her true self. She is shocked by this. I am half way through this episode.

After even more talking which part of it was Cups kissing Bolt's ass. The Clone decides that she going to blow her self up to prove her resolve to them or something. The Nue doesn't blow itself up and kill her like she orders and instead start to act like an overly affectionate cat. Feeling the urge to skip rising. Bolt then says the Nue thinks of the Clone as a parent and then ask is she willing to do the same thing her father did to her to her own "child." Well I doubt she will die so this shall be resolved quickly. The seal breaks up, and the area start to collapse. The sits there and state that she never had as much fun as she did at the academy, then she remembers her mother voice which she had forgot. Wait Bolt was dragged of by Cups why is he stand right next to her now? And the Nue is now good so it save them by carrying them to the portal then staying for some reason. Bolt is able to see find and see through the portal because of his eye. They land right next to the three friends looking for them. Sai then finds them states he wants to help the clone, and takes her away.

Oh the Nue is still alive and is a living tattoo eye on her left hand. I see nothing hinting that the eye power has disappeared.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 July 2017 - 12:06 AM.

#10 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:56 AM

Soooooooo, Snore fest as usual? :zaru:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#11 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:28 AM

This is a children's show, so the predictable elements/lack of death is to be expected, especially since Boruto isn't as dark as Naruto. You aren't going to get the payoff you are looking for because the show is not providing that kind of pay off, but a warmer kind. A child would be satisfied, and the show successfully does that with its pay-off.

This arc wasn't bad, it had an iffy start but the latter half of episodes were rather well done, if you keep the general audience in mind.

I don't think they are doing enough at all to suggest that Boruto is different from Naruto. Quite a few of the next-gen children suffer this problem, though I will give that there are notable attempts done.

The Arc as a whole was 7/10, there were a couple of episodes certainly below 5/10, but there are some 9/10 episodes in this arc.

I agree that this is children show, but that doesn't make this a great children show.

It's a standard actually, not bad and not good either.

This arc is filler, since the canon version is the manga. Some of the filler Element may get canonized.

They will not become different because there's no reason to make something different when the mc is pretty much the clone of the previous mc.

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:36 AM

He even sounds the same,

#13 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:08 AM

He even sounds the same,

No, he doesn't.

#14 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:11 AM

I think he meant the choice of words.

#15 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:21 AM

I think he meant the choice of words.

That doesn't make him/her the same person with the same point of view, right?

#16 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

That doesn't make him/her the same person with the same point of view, right?

of course it does. No doubt about it.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:00 AM

of course it does. No doubt about it.

Sorry but I really doubt about it.
I doubt analyzer is dbx alt.
dbx is not that good at making argument. And he always repeat on what he said. On top of that analyzer is a NS fan, even if he/she has different view.

#18 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:55 PM

Thank you Rocci.

I point out the teen/preteen context for one specific point of defense: simplicity and predictability. It would be bad writing to make a children's show sophisticated so that the audience that is targeted couldn't follow along and lose interest. As the target audience ages, I imagine the show will adjust itself as well.

The rest of my points in favor or flaws with the arc have nothing to do with the age. The biggest flaw are that they don't consistently do enough to show how the children differ from the primary generation, but their greatest strength is a nice tied together plot that flows well for its length, with each episode building something to its conclusion in someway. The former page had an argument that it tried to clear out too fast, but the greatest mistake would have been making this moment too long just because we are at the climax, which would have been damaging. The episode was nicely set up, and nicely wraps up, the final encounter, with the next episodes handling the aftermath.

Granted, not every point of the plot was perfect (Thus weaker episodes) and some characters were handled excellently.

Here is the thing true you say its for teen/preteen but having no death is also stupid if the Clone ( And yes I don't care what her name is) does not die and lives then what's the point to show there is no death.

I mean look at DB-Super with the futire Trunks are everyone dies, and Super is on in the morning with only Trunks and Mai being the ones to live from that time-line hell even the after life is gone from that time-line as well, not just DB-super but other shows as this dark moment.

I mean let's look at Bill and what the Master did to her in Doctor who, I wont say what happened in case no one has seen it but it was dark, and this was at a time that kids watch it as well, a kids show can do dark things it just need to be done just right Boruto failed in this and will keep failing cause its treats the people who watch it like stupid morons who won't know any better.

Now I'm not saying Boruto needs a death in ever arc or go over kill with the kills all I am saying is trying to make it all kid friendly is just stupid and you will end up with something like Teen Titens GO, and is an insult to a person intelligence like the Hinata clone lives cause SP love her and want her to be the next Hinata that shall end up with Boruto its what SP does just ask other members on the site.

I mean other shows do the whole Dark and death thing too again as well Doctor Who, Pokemon and much more all kids show have that one dark episode or something that shall make you scared but not too scared, what you have to remmeber is this is an action manga/anime and the bad guy/girl needs to die not just get a slap on the hand.

One thing I forgot to add is when you said that that it would be bad writing to make a children's show sophisticated, your kind of wrong there as old kids shows from both the 90's and even 80's that are sophisticated like the old Teen Titans, Batman the animated series and many more. I mean I don't mean to offend but its like youyr saying kids are so retarted that all shows need to be. Well dumbed down for them just show pretty things on telly and they will watch it.

I mean my niece and nephew said that this is all stupid and they are 7 and 6 and 12

Edited by TheFirstEvil100, 06 July 2017 - 02:10 PM.

#19 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

Same old kitten same old. :zaru:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

I went back and read some of the aforementioned posts of the person you are mentioning.

Definitely not the same person.

I wouldn't call this episode a snorefest. It really wasn't bad. I certainly wouldn't call characters "clone" or "blond sai" or "train boy", they're not that flat and (I'd argue blond sai needs more work) are otherwise developed enough to be more than just a simple label.

Rocci's label is accurate, though "Standard" is too vague, (And honestly I'd consider "standard" good in my book). Worth a watch, as long as the viewer is prepared for a bad episode or two before some stronger ones.

Oh don't mind me. I don't even watch it, and I am just a sarcastic exaggeration type of guy. if you like the series that's good. I am just incredibly let down by Chapter 700 so I don't follow it anymore

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 July 2017 - 04:26 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users