40 replies to this topic

#1 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

Well, we have an topic to discuss the worst movies we had ever seen, so i thought that we could also have one to discuss the most underrated movies. So, what movie do you think that didn't recivied the prize that it deserved? State and explaine here your reasons, and lets not forget to keep the good manners. wink.gif

Now for me, I could say it was the chronicles of Ridkitten, to me a masterpiece of scy-fi action industry, the storyline was captiving, Vin Diesel acting was in it's finest (he really fits for this kind of character), the action scenes were very well made, coming along with with an epic soundtrack, despite all that, It was badly recieved by critics, and for me, didn't got the atention that deserved.

So it's your turn now, fell free to give your opinion.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#2 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

God, that's a hard one...I suppose I'd have to say The Secret Garden. It's got a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, and it doesn't seem like a whole lot of people have seen it. It's got some of the best child acting I've seen on film.

#3 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

Children of Men, probably one of the best films I've seen. I recommend it to everyone I see.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#4 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:06 AM

Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm, a lot of people just ignore this film because it has to do with the cartoon series and therefore they think it's for children. To me it's one of the best Batman films around, it's got enough drama, action, and various other stuff that makes it just as great for adults as kids too.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#5 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

Van Helsing. Say what you will about the plot, but I love the action in that movie. Coolest werewolf form ever, I think.

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 13 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Children of Men, probably one of the best films I've seen. I recommend it to everyone I see.

Agree! One of the best movies ever made and one of the hardest movie to find... I couldn't find the exact title of the movie when my mother badgering me to find it via Netflix.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jul 13 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree! One of the best movies ever made and one of the hardest movie to find... I couldn't find the exact title of the movie when my mother badgering me to find it via Netflix.

Actually it's funny, it's one of the few movies that after the first time I saw it, I had to have it on DVD.

#8 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jul 14 2010, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really good movie, tough it's very sad how people were so centered on becoming more powerfull, that they forgot the most vital duty: give hope of continuity to man kind.

#9 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 13 2010, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really good movie, tough it's very sad how people were so centered on becoming more powerfull, that they forgot the most vital duty: give hope of continuity to man kind.

I think that was what made it such a convincing movie.

I still think the best scene in the movie was the scene where that town was in the middle of the battle and the baby was finally delivered. And the simple act of it's cry was enough to temporarily halt the fighting, because everyone was staring at it in complete wonder.

I also was amazed at the many single-shot sequences. The continuous display of events as the camera was reeling, with the camera never cutting away.

Edited by No WhereMan, 14 July 2010 - 01:39 AM.

#10 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 13 2010, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I watched it on Pay-Per-View a while back.

I recommend City of God. It's not underrated but I don't think its been seen by as many as it should be.

#11 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:36 AM

Secret of the Nihm...?...Nimh?...Nhim?....Whatever one of the most captivating and interesting animated movies ever. It might even be better than the book, and that's saying something, coming from me! Seriously, the characters are lovable, the plot is amazing, and the atmosphere is just awesome.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#12 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:56 AM

The Last Samurai
It's my all-time favorite movie, yet not many of my friends have seen it...

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#13 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:12 AM

I may have a couple.

A made for TV movie (or two-part miniseries, perhaps), based on a Terry Pratchett book -- BBC's production of The Colour of Magic (and The Light Fantastic). There are a few minor things which some extreme "the movie MUST be like the book or it's crap!" people might complain about (like Twoflowers race, which is only implied and not described in the books), but I believe it far exceeded the standards of a TV movie, and would have done well in theaters. To the best of my knowledge, it sadly has never even aired on US TV, though you can find it on DVD (which I strongly recommend).

The animated Sindbad movie Dreamworks put out a few years ago -- not perfect, but still a fine movie which is the equal or better of any comparable-style Disney release, that recieved little attention at the time.

Give me some time to think and I'll probably come up with more....

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#14 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Jul 14 2010, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I may have a couple.

A made for TV movie (or two-part miniseries, perhaps), based on a Terry Pratchett book -- BBC's production of The Colour of Magic (and The Light Fantastic). There are a few minor things which some extreme "the movie MUST be like the book or it's crap!" people might complain about (like Twoflowers race, which is only implied and not described in the books), but I believe it far exceeded the standards of a TV movie, and would have done well in theaters. To the best of my knowledge, it sadly has never even aired on US TV, though you can find it on DVD (which I strongly recommend).

The animated Sindbad movie Dreamworks put out a few years ago -- not perfect, but still a fine movie which is the equal or better of any comparable-style Disney release, that recieved little attention at the time.

Give me some time to think and I'll probably come up with more....

What a coincidence, I just recently acquired that Colour of Magic film! Too bad Jeremy Irons only appeared near the beginning.... Though I've barely started reading the series, I actually kinda liked his Vetinari.

#15 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 14 2010, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Last Samurai
It's my all-time favorite movie, yet not many of my friends have seen it...

I'm gonna call foul on this one. The Last Samurai was nominated for 4 academy awards and made over 456 million. Your friends might not have seen it, but it's far from underrated.

#16 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

Lets see I remember a while back watching a movie The Place Promised in Our Early Days. It's a great movie, awesome plot and animation. And since I watched it on netflix it was english dubbed and I was very pleased with the voice acting. If you haven't seen it I recommend it.

JLHza2T.png

#17 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 14 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna call foul on this one. The Last Samurai was nominated for 4 academy awards and made over 456 million. Your friends might not have seen it, but it's far from underrated.

It was? Wow laugh.gif I did not know that! My bad pinch.gif

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#18 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

Speed Racer. I'm not sure why people hated it, except for the fact that it looked like you had acid while watching it, but one of the funniest and coolest movies I've ever seen. I think it's also the first anime-esque live action movie I've seen.

#19 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 20 2010, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speed Racer. I'm not sure why people hated it, except for the fact that it looked like you had acid while watching it

I guess that's the main reason people didn't liked the movie, it was too colorful laugh.gif but many also didn't like it because the film diverged a lot from the main plot.

#20 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 20 2010, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speed Racer. I'm not sure why people hated it, except for the fact that it looked like you had acid while watching it, but one of the funniest and coolest movies I've ever seen. I think it's also the first anime-esque live action movie I've seen.

Trust me you don't want to be on acid when watching that my friend freaked out and had to run out of the theater.

JLHza2T.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users