62 replies to this topic

#1 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

Hope everybody's been keeping up with gaming news. Ubisoft Officially announced Assassin's Creed II today.

Of course, there was bound to be a sequel. biggrin.gif

http://kotaku.com/52...or-holiday-2009

I'm pumped for this game, although the first one was great, the repetitive missions, bogus AI (sometimes) and no swimming?! ruined some of it for me.

The sequel will be based in Venice, Italy, on another ancestor of Desmond. Ezio is his name. Killing is his... game?

Some things they're improving:

-Swim ability (adds new strategy)
- Killing from hiding places
- Mission variations
- Smarter AI
- Automatic hidden blade selection when killing unaware enemies
- Wield more weapons

etc...

Some images to keep the fandom happy here...

#2 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

I heard its gonna be on PSP as well huh.gif , and very likely the Wii, though I think the 360/PS3 version will be the way to go.

Cant Wait woot!

#3 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

o wow, I liked the first assassins Creed even if replay value wasn't really there.
I'll buy it though because of the new features and beautiful looking art.
I was hoping that they would come out with an assassins creed that was not an ancestor, more like the hero had to take up the art and learn to kill like they did in the past, though that might be what happens eventually.

#4 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

It's a trilogy, Angel. So I think we'll eventually see the main character (present form) take up his ancestor's shoes.

#5 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

Looks like they're trying to fix a lot of the flaws from the first one. I'm looking forward to being able to swim.

What interests me is the fact that you seem to get a long reaching axe weapon. One of the annoyances with combat in AC was the fact that there was only one long range weapon, and it had limited ammo. An axe would definately have helped in many situations.

#6 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

I still enjoyed the throwing knives from time to time though, was hilarious watching guards die and fall off buildings.

#7 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Apr 16 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like they're trying to fix a lot of the flaws from the first one. I'm looking forward to being able to swim.

What interests me is the fact that you seem to get a long reaching axe weapon. One of the annoyances with combat in AC was the fact that there was only one long range weapon, and it had limited ammo. An axe would definately have helped in many situations.

I'm fine with a sword, but now I'm thinking how part three will be, guns will probably be a factor but they might limit it extremely so it doesnt just turn out to be a shooter, still need that Assassins flair to it right?

#8 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:12 PM

Ah, finally announced. And look how much prettier it is. Can't wait for this one.

#9 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif

I can't wait for the new video game .

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 16 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still enjoyed the throwing knives from time to time though, was hilarious watching guards die and fall off buildings.

It was hilarious wasn't lol.

#10 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

Even if it was quite repetitive the first one was really fun, but that shabby ending annoyed the hell out of me.

Glad they're going to fix up the flaws from the previous game and make it more fun. Swimming? Finally! And the Smarter AI is a good point as well.

But if it is a trilogy, please don't have another one of those endings so we'll have to wait 2 years to get real conclusion...

#11 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

In some sources, I think it mentioned Leo Da Vinci as Ezio's Q. Based on the Ubisoft newsletter I received, it did show Da Vinchi's glider drawings, so it'd be quite interesting.

#12 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Apr 16 2009, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard its gonna be on PSP as well huh.gif , and very likely the Wii, though I think the 360/PS3 version will be the way to go.

It might be on the Wii, but it's best they just didn't even bother. It'll just be another shoddy port missing features with shoehorned motion controls. It's not worth it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the PSP game is an entirely different installment. It was hinted it would be an original adventure before after all. Though admittedly something could have changed since then.
bd5.jpg

#13 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Apr 17 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It might be on the Wii, but it's best they just didn't even bother. It'll just be another shoddy port missing features with shoehorned motion controls. It's not worth it.

Agreed

I wouldn't be surprised if the PSP game is an entirely different installment. It was hinted it would be an original adventure before after all. Though admittedly something could have changed since then.

i would hope so, when the PSP game was announced I was interested but now I fear it'll be a crappy downgraded version of the HD Versions, i'd like to see it be a original game Like the God Of War and Metal Gear Portable Ops PSP games

#14 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

Thank god they didn't sticked to Altair like some fans wanted too.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#15 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

Posted twice by the way. Just curious, what's wrong with Altair? Besides the fact that he's quite monotonous...

#16 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Apr 18 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Posted twice by the way. Just curious, what's wrong with Altair? Besides the fact that he's quite monotonous...

Ops tongue.gif

Anyway I have no beef with Altair, it's just that one thing that got me exicted about the series was the fact that Desmond by the end of the game

Has inherited Altair's eagle vision
Seeing this make me think that in some point of the series we will play Desmond as a fully talented Assassin in the present, that will be awesome biggrin.gif

Besides that as much as I loved running around the holy land (Hack I live there!) I think there is no need to revisit the medieval times again.

And I did fantsized about the next game being in 15th Venice and what do you know, I was right!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#17 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:09 AM

It would be nice to play Desmond...or a Ninja! Seriously, this kind of game should have a fictional, black-garbed ninja and the whole shebang as a main character.

#18 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

Make it less repetitive that's what I hated about the first one.

uc.png

#19 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Apr 25 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make it less repetitive that's what I hated about the first one.

Mission variations will be involved.

#20 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:48 AM

Repetition eh? I didn't really think there was too much of that. At least, not enough to really kill things. I mean, you're an assassain. "Repetative" or not, I don't really see you doing much else. The last thing we need is a "fishing minigame" type deal, even for variety.

Regardless, if there's a hub like The Kingdom this go around, I hope that the guard suspicion is lessened there instead of heightened. Getting attacked for the simplest thing when trying to traverse a vast stretch of land that connected the cities got very old, very quick. That was one thing that just absolutely pissed me off about the game.

By the way, from what I'm hearing, someone from the developers confirmed there would be no Wii version, just or the main platforms. I've got no real problem with that. There's no sense in releasing a shoddy port with half the features missing, like Dead Rising.

Seems a lot of support for the Wii is dropping lately.

Edited by dl316bh, 26 April 2009 - 05:51 AM.

bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users