10 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 22 October 2022 - 10:13 PM

Thank you BlueSaber for pointing this out wouldn't have seen it till tomorrow if you had not made your post...may not even then because how dull the cover for this manga is.

So, according to the twitter post Blue found Boruto's latest chapter couldn't get even a thousand views while Sasuke first chapter has 125,041 from the point I'm about to read it. Well for one thing, its new so of course people are going to read it out of curiosity, but how many are actually going to buy the manga volume when its out. Also, better than Boruto isn't that impressive as it just helps show how far Boruto has fallen in comparisons to Naruto.

Also, gotta love the confidence in the franchise when they have to use Naruto's name to interest people despite this clearly being in the Boruto era of the franchise.

Summary Time: Chapter One...doesn't seem to have a title.

Chapter starts off by showing the hokage mounment...that is drawn the least impressively I have ever seen it drawn; even fan comics normally just trace from the manga look better then in this chapter. Naruto is meeting Sasuke in the middle of some street clutching his chest while Sasuke doesn't look at him. If people forgot this is an adaptation, Naruto is sick and Sasuke along with Sakura deciding to tag along go out to find a cure for him. From the first page the art is...average. The background are not as good as in Boruto but Naruto is better drawn than he has even been in Boruto. Sasuke leaps off while Naruto screams his name...he has scream that name so often do you think he has ever scream out "SASUKE" when he was having sex with Hinata? Then we see the cover image of some red-head pushing up his glasses like an kitten, some people random people in tan jumpsuits, a background of a snake on one page, and Sasuke in the foreground of the other page with Sakura's head in the background.

Jun Esaka wrote the light novel the manga is based on, and Shingo Kimura is drawing it.

Next page is showing off some middle eastern inspired designed town called Redaku imbedded into a mountain range to show how far Sasuke has traveled to find a cure. In fact, he has traveled so far that no one even has heard of the Sage of Six Paths. He asked the eldest of the village for information but got nothing. The characters' designs are better than in Boruto. Some black haired girl named Lyla over hears him talking about the Sage and decides to follow him. He immediately notices and does the whole vanish in an alley then interrogate from behind. She heard her mother who runs an antique shop mention the sage before and agrees to take him to her. Conveniently, the mom rushes out to right in front of them because some goons just stole from her shop. He still has the rinnegan (since this was written before he lost it in the manga) so he swaps places with a vase and defeats the thieves. They are escaped convicts that are heading off to a place called Tatar.

The mother points out the Sasuke used ninjutsu to catch the thieves. She looks through the stolen goods to find a ring that she then places in front of a photo which I guess is her and her dead husband or something. The mother then offers her daughter to Sasuke. But Sasuke rejects as he already has a wife and a daughter and has a moment to think of them. Guessing this scene was to parallel his own absence in his family's life, and hint he does think about as well as care about them.

Back to the village Shikamaru is worried since Naruto is still working despite his sickness looks like a goku's heart disease. Maybe he working himself to dead so he finally has an excuse to never go back to his house to deal with his family. Oh Kakashi also went off to Redaku for the cure as well so we may see him finally. 

Naruto is apparently suffering for a disease that the Sage once suffered from and apparently found a cure in this land. He learns that the sage once spent time in the Tatar observatory which Sasuke recalled is where those convicts where being taken to. Contrivance. 

We see a convict Sasuke captured doing back breaking labor. He been doing it for two weeks, he can't stand it, and is thinking of breaking out. He and his friends hear they are getting new meat and its Sasuke. They decided to try to beat him up for revenge while the red-headed warden named Zansul...who is starting to look like a male Karin to me, watches from above. After the brawl the warden steps in to protect him. The convict who saw his friends beaten up decides he wants to partner up with Sasuke to break out. Sasuke refuses because he is there to investigate the prison. The convict tries to escape and is killed by...a dinosaur? Who is called Meno. Sasuke realizes that there are dark secrets in this prison he needs to find out.

Oh its bi weekly so next chapter in two weeks on that Saturday. There will actually be 3 chapters of this manga that have come out before the next Boruto chapter.

The chapter was ok, nothing special. It doesn't have any pacing problem the Boruto has which makes me more forgiving of it. But overall nothing it has stands out. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 October 2022 - 05:04 AM.

#2 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 23 October 2022 - 03:05 AM

elite garbage. Cream of the crop garbage.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 08:07 AM

Thank you BlueSaber for pointing this out wouldn't have seen it till tomorrow if you had not made your post...may not even then because how dull the cover for this manga is.

So, according to the twitter post Blue found Boruto's latest chapter couldn't get even a thousand views while Sasuke first chapter has 125,041 from the point I'm about to read it. Well for one thing, its new so of course people are going to read it out of curiosity, but how many are actually going to buy the manga volume when its out. Also, better than Boruto isn't that impressive as it just helps show how far Boruto has fallen in comparisons to Naruto.

Also, gotta love the confidence in the franchise when they have to use Naruto's name to interest people despite this clearly being in the Boruto era of the franchise.

Summary Time: Chapter One...doesn't seem to have a title.

Chapter starts off by showing the hokage mounment...that is drawn the least impressively I have ever seen it drawn; even fan comics normally just trace from the manga look better then in this chapter. Naruto is meeting Sasuke in the middle of some street clutching his chest while Sasuke doesn't look at him. If people forgot this is an adaptation, Naruto is sick and Sasuke along with Sakura deciding to tag along go out to find a cure for him. From the first page the art is...average. The background are not as good as in Boruto but Naruto is better drawn than he has even been in Boruto. Sasuke leaps off while Naruto screams his name...he has scream that name so often do you think he has ever scream out "SASUKE" when he was having sex with Hinata? Then we see the cover image of some red-head pushing up his glasses like an kitten, some people random people in tan jumpsuits, a background of a snake on one page, and Sasuke in the foreground of the other page with Sakura's head in the background.

Jun Esaka wrote the light novel the manga is based on, and Shingo Kimura is drawing it.

Next page is showing off some middle eastern inspired designed town called Redaku imbedded into a mountain range to show how far Sasuke has traveled to find a cure. In fact, he has traveled so far that no one even has heard of the Sage of Six Paths. He asked the eldest of the village for information but got nothing. The characters' designs are better than in Boruto. Some black haired girl named Lyla over hears him talking about the Sage and decides to follow him. He immediately notices and does the whole vanish in an alley then interrogate from behind. She heard her mother who runs an antique shop mention the sage before and agrees to take him to her. Conveniently, the mom rushes out to right in front of them because some goons just stole from her shop. He still has the rinnegan (since this was written before he lost it in the manga) so he swaps places with a vase and defeats the thieves. They are escaped convicts that are heading off to a place called Tatar.

The mother points out the Sasuke used ninjutsu to catch the thieves. She looks through the stolen goods to find a ring that she then places in front of a photo which I guess is her and her dead husband or something. The mother then offers her daughter to Sasuke. But Sasuke rejects as he already has a wife and a daughter and has a moment to think of them. Guessing this scene was to parallel his own absence in his family's life, and hint he does think about as well as care about them.

Back to the village Shikamaru is worried since Naruto is still working despite his sickness looks like a goku's heart disease. Maybe he working himself to dead so he finally has an excuse to never go back to his house to deal with his family. Oh Kakashi also went off to Redaku for the cure as well so we may see him finally. 

Naruto is apparently suffering for a disease that the Sage once suffered from and apparently found a cure in this land. He learns that the sage once spent time in the Tatar observatory which Sasuke recalled is where those convicts where being taken to. Contrivance. 

We see a convict Sasuke captured doing back breaking labor. He been doing it for two weeks, he can't stand it, and is thinking of breaking out. He and his friends hear they are getting new meat and its Sasuke. They decided to try to beat him up for revenge while the red-headed warden named Zansul...who is starting to look like a male Karin to me, watches from above. After the brawl the warden steps in to protect him. The convict who saw his friends beaten up decides he wants to partner up with Sasuke to break out. Sasuke refuses because he is there to investigate the prison. The convict tries to escape and is killed by...a dinosaur? Who is called Meno. Sasuke realizes that there are dark secrets in this prison he needs to find out.

Oh its bi weekly so next chapter in two weeks on that Saturday. There will actually be 3 chapters of this manga that have come out before the next Boruto chapter.

The chapter was ok, nothing special. It doesn't have any pacing problem the Boruto has which makes me more forgiving of it. But overall nothing it has stands out.

I can’t even begin to tell you WHAT I feel with this manga, except for what…. Is the point of this? :headscratch:

I can't even bring myself to care about the plot because the act of finding a cure for Naruto when he's not even bedridden destroys the emotional impact of the plot. Team 7's bonds, as a whole have not ever been given enough emotional development, and have as of late been kittened on that I feel nothing from it. Sasuke barely if ever showed emotional concern for Naruto, even at his best and Sakura and Naruto's friendship had to implode on itself for Naruto to even look at Hinata's direction, not to mention she doesn't sound like she's actively involving herself. So if they think this SUPPOSED to tug at your heartstrings and is supposed to show how much these two care for their "friend", they effing failed on so many levels. I Feel the same towards this as I feel when Hinata stated Naruto and Orochimaru are good old friends. An absolute kitten lie and retcon. None of this garbage is believable to anyone with prior knowledge about the history of Naruto prior to its current state

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 October 2022 - 08:21 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 12:01 PM

elite garbage. Cream of the crop garbage.

I can’t even begin to tell you WHAT I feel with this manga, except for what…. Is the point of this? :headscratch:

I can't even bring myself to care about the plot because the act of finding a cure for Naruto when he's not even bedridden destroys the emotional impact of the plot. Team 7's bonds, as a whole have not ever been given enough emotional development, and have as of late been kittened on that I feel nothing from it. Sasuke barely if ever showed emotional concern for Naruto, even at his best and Sakura and Naruto's friendship had to implode on itself for Naruto to even look at Hinata's direction, not to mention she doesn't sound like she's actively involving herself. So if they think this SUPPOSED to tug at your heartstrings and is supposed to show how much these two care for their "friend", they effing failed on so many levels. I Feel the same towards this as I feel when Hinata stated Naruto and Orochimaru are good old friends. An absolute kitten lie and retcon. None of this garbage is believable to anyone with prior knowledge about the history of Naruto prior to its current state

Honestly, it could just be Naruto is overworking and its affecting his heart. From what I understand, a lot of Japanese develop heart problems because of overworking.

I'm more tolerant towards this story because I have to deal with Boruto and to be honest this chapter was just average with a lot of contrivances. So, Naruto has some illness that the Six sage also suffered from, they know this how? He went to this region and found a cure, so this was some random tale they tell about the Sage? If it is why are there not more ninjas going to this land for mystical cures? Since, if it can cure that, maybe they can find other cures there as well. The region's elders never heard of the sage of the six path, but they have a book that tells stories that the mother says supposedly everyone in the region knows by heart that has said tale of the Sage. A girl that apparently is one of the few that have ever heard of the Sage just over heard Sasuke asking question, and takes him to her mom just as she is being robbed. Also, the prison the goons he took down is exactly where he needs to go according to the book the mother look through.

It is ok to have some convenient moments in a story to keep it going along, but have too many and it become contrivances.

As for team's 7 relationship. Sasuke drops everything to go off to find a cure for Naruto, and the chapter has a scene implying he thinks about his family. Naruto still does his whole screaming after Sasuke. And, Sakura is barely involved in the story anymore to matter. I imagine she will show up eventually to help Sasuke and informs him Naruto's condition is getting worse.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 October 2022 - 01:58 PM.

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 05:22 PM

That is true, actually. Th story just feels like a a bunch of built up contrivances and none are explained at the moment. that's why it doesn't have a pull on me over all, since I'm just thrown in the scenario with not much explained at all.

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 October 2022 - 05:23 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#6 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 23 October 2022 - 05:35 PM

Did anyone else find the dinosaur inclusion to kinda stupid and feel out of place in naruto?

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 10:50 PM

Did anyone else find the dinosaur inclusion to kinda stupid and feel out of place in naruto?

Yes, but it so stupid that you just kind of look at it go 'welp,' and just move on.

That is true, actually. Th story just feels like a a bunch of built up contrivances and none are explained at the moment. that's why it doesn't have a pull on me over all, since I'm just thrown in the scenario with not much explained at all.

With a few adjustments this story could be actually good/decent. The story starts out with Naruto in a hospital bed Sakura gives a diagnosis; he picked up a disease on a diplomatic mission at some point, he was able to ignore it for an unknown amount of time, but stress from both overworking as well as problems at home have exacerbated it till the point its become terminal. She can't cure him with current medical technology & techniques, you have someone point out that if Sakura can't heal him no one can. Sasuke comes in and presses her for any cure she hasn't tried yet, but there is none; the only thing she can think of is an old legend. Sasuke decides to check it out.

Then, you could have the whole meeting the antique shop owners daughter helping them out and pointing out where he needs to go next. Instead of him figuring it out on his own. They point out where he needs to go next has been turned into a prison because powerful people want to control & harness where this mystical cure comes from.

The level of coincidences would be at a tolerable level of convenient instead of becoming contrived to me if the story was that. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 October 2022 - 02:19 PM.

#8 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 30 October 2022 - 12:58 AM

Here is a review I did with mangareader and James S Cassidy on the chapter

https://youtu.be/Y3ubB6G-qB8

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 04:38 AM

Here is a review I did with mangareader and James S Cassidy on the chapter

https://youtu.be/Y3ubB6G-qB8

If you post it here then I assume you want commentary.

Well your set up is better than last time no reverb, and no moving cups or chairs.

It started at 400,000 but remember that Salad's gaiden had ~600,000. The last Naruto had 800,000 its first week when its used to get reliably one to two million.

Not sure about tailed beast but your maybe talking about Nail's nudist.

Sasuke met Salad before she became a ninja she has a headband in his mental image of her. The gaiden never question if they had a wedding, but does Sakura even know enough about Sasuke to know if he ever needed glasses and have they ever kissed. There not much of a question of them being married just how close they really are. The closest thing for a story reason for why Sasuke got together wasn't because he needed strong children it was in chapter 699. Sasuke felt sorry for always being an ass to her so to make it up to her got together with her as an apology.

Sasuke fanboy...You really think they are trying to appeal to boys and that his primary fans are male? Primary fans are women that insert themselves into Sakura so they can fantasize about being with Sasuke the dreamy bad boy they can fix.

I never questioned where Hinata was in the chapter. I wondered does Naruto scream out Sasuke's name when they are having sex?

Mangareader is interrupting too much trying to be funny. Is James on dial up or a rotary?

The IT was a one night even that was resolved pretty quickly after it happened. They may have brushed it off as a bad dream.

The kanji for Dragons and dinosaurs 'Ryu' is the same.

The anime and manga do not have separate continuity. The anime and manga are following the same story of the manga with the anime doing endless filler that they want canon because they are doing all the work.

We have cyborg because Kishimoto wanted to do a sci-fi manga, but he was stuck helping out the Boruto manga for a few years. Also to show that the world is moving past ninjas as now they have cyborgs, guns, and apparently dinosaurs. 

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 06:01 AM

I;ll post commentary about.....commentary

If you post it here then I assume you want commentary.

We know, I make mention of this and openly admit we mispronounce as mockery. Seeing as their whole entire company's symbol is a clown....well, it just means the whole company is one big joke.

Not sure about tailed beast but your maybe talking about Nail's nudist.

No clue. Just something somebody mentioned.

Sasuke met Salad before she became a ninja she has a headband in his mental image of her. The gaiden never question if they had a wedding, but does Sakura even know enough about Sasuke to know if he ever needed glasses and have they ever kissed. There not much of a question of them being married just how close they really are. The closest thing for a story reason for why Sasuke got together wasn't because he needed strong children it was in chapter 699. Sasuke felt sorry for always being an ass to her so to make it up to her got together with her as an apology.

And Salad has mental imagine of him with two arms in her mental image so...regardless it is all a really bad and lazy continuity error?

Sasuke fanboy...You really think they are trying to appeal to boys and that his primary fans are male? Primary fans are women that insert themselves into Sakura so they can fantasize about being with Sasuke the dreamy bad boy they can fix.

No, I still question if they hate Sakura so much, why do they want her with I assume is their boifu? If they are saying they are Sakura and Sakura is useless are they openly admitting they are useless?

I never questioned where Hinata was in the chapter. I wondered does Naruto scream out Sasuke's name when they are having sex?

Are we sure it was actually him and not a shadow clone as well? Naruto is a very busy man.

Mangareader is interrupting too much trying to be funny. Is James on dial up or a rotary?

No, fiber optic, but stream yard doesn't exactly like to play nice. No issues on my end.

The IT was a one night even that was resolved pretty quickly after it happened. They may have brushed it off as a bad dream.

4 great ninja wars though. 4 generations of conflict. Unless they are extremely isolated, That's like....someone not knowing about the two world wars. It is possible, but unless they are some remote isolated island cut off from all outside communication...it is hard not think they didn't hear something.

The kanji for Dragons and dinosaurs 'Ryu' is the same.

Seriously though, Hoshi means both planet , celestial body. and star as well, but they are still different. 

The anime and manga do not have separate continuity. The anime and manga are following the same story of the manga with the anime doing endless filler that they want canon because they are doing all the work.

......we know? We discuss this as well.

We have cyborg because Kishimoto wanted to do a sci-fi manga, but he was stuck helping out the Boruto manga for a few years. Also to show that the world is moving past ninjas as now they have cyborgs, guns, and apparently dinosaurs. 

Again....we know....but....does it really belong in Naruto? 
To quote Nostalgia Critic
"This is jumping the shark, coming back, shooting it in the balls, raping it, eating its flesh, consuming its soul, mounting its head on the wall... AND THEN DOING THE SAME THING TO TWELVE MORE kittening SHARKS JUST TO BE SAFE!"

Edited by James S Cassidy, 30 October 2022 - 06:02 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 07:23 AM

From that video. You all seem to me to be assuming the fanbase that likes the ending is a monolith of loves Sasuke and Hinata but hates Sakura. There are two factions that supported the Ending nH and SS.

nH Hates Sakura doesn't really care about Sasuke and is obsessed with Hinata as the perfect women and Naruto getting revenge on those that look down on them. Most of the fans are men but there are some women that insert themselves into Hinata.

SS. Inserts themselves into Sakura because they want dreamy bad boy Sasuke. Don't see themselves as Hinata and don't really care about Naruto. Almost entirely women.

nH hate Sakura, SS doesn't. It is that simple. When you ask why they hate Sakura? You are talking about nH. When you ask why she is still popular? Its because SS... and the general audience still watching.

Naruto always has time for Sasuke. He would never use a shadow clone with him.

When Sasuke met Salad in the gaiden he didn't recognize her. Here, he has a mental image of her as a genin. While the time line of this isn't that important. It settles is between the gaiden since she became as genin shortly after that story and before he lost his eye which was after the chunin exam. So a 6 month to a year time period. Not from the war from 15 years ago in story to the start of Boruto.

The 'ryu' issue is a conflict of translations some translating it as 'dinosaur' some as 'dragon'. This manga chose dinosaur. As for my reaction I look at it went "welp" and finished the summary as Naruto IP has clearly lost is identity. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 November 2022 - 03:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users