4 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 05:49 PM

HunterXHunter will be back this weekend, I think.

Summary Time: Chapter 74. Baptism by Fire, if only their contracts could be set on fire.

The cover pages is...yeesh a poor image of Cups...granted its the default face Ikemoto has for his characters.

Hime steps off the train and everyone is immediately enraptured by her beauty. All I see is a tie-dye resting kitten-face hipster...Sai comments on how beautiful she is. Shikamaru leads the group of ninjas to greet her. He tries treats with her while Sai fawns over her. To show how awesome she is suppose to be to the reader, she ignores him and decides to fly over to where Nail is. Madoc and Shikamaru talk with Shikamaru wanting to know everything he knows now...like that will happen or it will take dozens of chapters while Ikemoto tries to again show off how cool & better his characters are to Kishimoto's.

On to a random Japanese two story villa in the middle of nowhere, Bolt is complaining. This villa was turned over to them for the mission. Konohamaru tells him to be respectful. While Bolt doesn't see a problem with private property being seized as he doesn't care about peoples' rights if they aren't immediate family or friends. Nail and Bolt bicker, Konohamaru tells them to stop. Nail can see femmy's spirit in Bolt...I think.

Oh Cups and Salad are given a scene to mull over their lack of importance and now suddenly being re-involved in the story. Oh neo-Ino-Shika-Cho is also here...guess this is suppose to be a new filler zone once the anime reaches this point. Fat filler doesn't like another girl getting Nail, Sai's son is eager to see the hot 'woman' they will be guarding, and when she lands they both instantly fall for her. Also, Ikemoto tries to show off how incredible and beautiful she is that falls flat with me. Oh Cups is also charmed by her in fact he is experiencing feelings he has never felt before. Only Salad and Shikamaru's son are immune for him because he didn't see her face clearly. Might be the same for Salad or could be this is to show a second type of immunity of true love that she has for Bolt. I swear if her charm power comes from her eyes, therefor her problems could be resolved by wearing sunglasses, I will be annoyed.

Konahamaru is charmed when she enters the room he and the two main character are in. Moegi steps in to get her two charmed students under control. While Konohamaru really gets under the effects of the charm while trying to resist, he faints overwhelmed by her beauty...it would have been better for him to be forgotten instead of just being brought back for this. Moe decides to get on Bolt's back and be annoying while Hime hides to observe Nail. Nail gets annoyed with him which leads to a spat to try and show off how cool Ikemoto's character is. He defeats them.

Bolt wakes up and Nail is out on Hime's lap. The chapter ends with Nail & Bolt with Hime & Moe while Naruto & Shikamaru square off with Madoc. So next chapter is likely another exposition chapter...joy.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 October 2022 - 05:07 AM.

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 10:22 PM

Again, kinda sad how Sarada and Mitsuki are side lined when they are supposed to be the "the three amigos" with Boruto, and again Sarada is supposed to be a new Hokage candidate of her own volition. We could at least watch her studying politics or the like to to show that plot line is working out in the background. The cringe in in Hime being a hot perfect girlfriend for Kawaki almost makes me want to gag, plus once more it was just an uneventful bore.

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 October 2022 - 09:20 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 22 October 2022 - 07:00 PM

The sasuke manga is out

Apprantly this it's doing better than boruti on jump+ in Japan

https://twitter.com/...PJh34W2R1g&s=19

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 12:33 AM

Again, kinda sad how Sarada and Mitsuki are side lined when they are supposed to be the "the three amigos" with Boruto, and again Sarada is supposed to be a new Hokage candidate of her own volition. We could at least watch her studying politics or the like to to show that plot line is working out in the background. The cringe in in Hime being a hot perfect girlfriend for Kawaki almost makes me want to gag, plus once more it was just an uneventful bore.

The focus on Salad being Hokage and Bolt as her supporting shadow was Kishimoto's story idea that he gave to Ikemoto to get the manga story going. Ikemoto clearly rejected that plan from the second he got control of the manga, and decided it would be better to rehash SNS with Bolt and Nail. I suspect, because he is on some level bitter about kishi being his boss for years while he was the assistant and wants to prove he is better.

This entire chapter is suppose to show how much an ethereal beauty Hime is, but it fails because he doesn't put the effort in his art to invoke emotions from the reader. When an artist wants their audience to feel something during a certain scene they will put more effort or make it more intense to highlight the scene and hopefully get a reaction out of their audience. I understood he wanted people to understand she is incredibly beautiful and her powers enhance this to an ethereal level, but he draws her panels that are suppose to show this with the same bare minimum low effort he does the rest of the manga; so it falls flat.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 October 2022 - 12:48 AM.

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 12:04 PM

"I mean, yes, it's their second most profitable IP behind Naruto and their #2 anime in viewership behind Pokemon, but I do think some context is important.

TV Tokyo's got the worst anime lineup of all the major Japanese networks right now. Pokemon, Boruto, Premagi, YGO, and a bunch of reruns plus dubs of stuff like Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol.

The only anime they've got that was consistently breaking a 2.0 average household rating this year was Spy x Family, which is currently on hiatus. Boruto tends to hover around a 1.5, which for the record is like a fourth of what Shippuden was getting towards the end.

Though, to be fair, TV anime viewership as a whole is way down compared to the mid 2010s"

Found this on reddit post I linked last month. Also, remember Shippuden was losing viewers because of the blowback from the ending, and that not counting the gradual decline Naruto had been in for years by that point.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 October 2022 - 12:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users