Close
Photo

Who's starting to give up on NS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

Poll: Who starting to give up on NS (160 member(s) have cast votes)

Are u giving up on NS

1. yes (5 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. no (151 votes [94.38%])

Percentage of vote: 94.38%

3. there's no pairing in Naruto's age group anyways (4 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote

#61 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:50 PM

One thing that comforts me is that Kishimoto used the love triangle of Slam Dunk as his major influence in creating Sasuke Naruto and Sakura and in Slam Dunk the girl ends up with Hanamichi I believe.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#62 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Jul 18 2008, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing that comforts me is that Kishimoto used the love triangle of Slam Dunk as his major influence in creating Sasuke Naruto and Sakura and in Slam Dunk the girl ends up with Hanamichi I believe.

I read that manga. I wish I can find the original so I can continue it and yes Hanamichi and Haruko is my pairing in that manga. biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#63 Shadow Legend

Shadow Legend

I must destroy all the evil the Prof. has created

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I am the legend...

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:46 AM

Never give up... Trust your instincts... tongue.gif
I am the legend...

[/spoiler]
Internal Mistakes Suck --Click here to view--
[spoiler=Internal Mistakes Suck]

Do Not!!!!! go to this site unless you are not afraid of

Death by theTails Doll Can You Feel the Sunshine...
A True Story --Click here to view--

A True Story

A teenage girl about 17 named Diane had gone to visit some friends one evening and time passed quickly as each shared their various experiences of the past year. She ended up staying longer than planned, and had to walk home alone. She wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away.

As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked God to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a short cut to her house, she decided to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her. She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for God's protection. Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped round her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely.

The following day, she read in the newspaper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety and to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station. She felt she could recognize the man, so she told them her story. The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to see if she could identify him. She agreed and immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before. When the man was told he had been identified, he immediately broke down and confessed. The officer thanked Diane for her bravery and asked if there was anything they could do for her. She asked if they would ask the man one question. Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her. When the policeman asked him, he answered, "Because she wasn't alone. She had two tall men walking on either side of her." Amazingly, whether you believe or not, you're never alone. Did you know that 98 percent of teenagers will not stand up for God, and 93 percent of the people that read this won’t repost it?

Repost this if you truly believe in
God.

Chuck Norris facts --Click here to view--
Human cloning is outlawed because if Chuck Norris were cloned, then it would be possible for a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to meet another chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Physicists theorize that this contact would end the universe.

Someone once tried to tell Chuck Norris that roundhouse kicks aren't the best way to kick someone. This has been recorded by historians as the worst mistake anyone has ever made.

NaruSaku Fanfiction
M-Rated NaruSaku
NaruSaku Tragedies
The NaruSaku C2
M-Rated J/A
M-Rated Kingdom Hearts
Shadow the Hegdehog 07
lem
NaruIno
DP
DP2
Kyuubi Gift ch:1
Kyuubi Gift ch:2
Kyuubi Gift ch:3
Kyuubi Gift ch:4
Kyuubi Gift ch:5
Kyuubi Gift ch:6
Kyuubi Gift ch:7
Kyuubi Gift ch:8
Kyuubi Gift ch:9
Kyuubi Gift ch:10
Kyuubi Gift ch:11
Kyuubi Gift ch:12
Kyuubi Gift ch:13
Bs
Bp ch:1
Bp ch:2
Bp ch:3
Bp ch:4
Bp ch:5
Bp ch:6
Bp ch:7
Bp ch:8
Bp ch:9
Bp ch:10
Bp ch:11
Bp ch:12
Bp ch:13
Bp ch:14
Bp ch:15
Bp ch:16
Bp ch:17
Lc
Uzumaki Naruto ch:1
Uzumaki Naruto: ch:2
UN: ch:3
UN:ch:4
UN:ch:5
UN ch:6
UN ch:7
UN ch:8
UN ch:9
UN ch:10
UN ch:11
Un ch:12
BP
Sakura's Choice
I'll won't let you go Sakura
I will Believe ch:1
I will Believe ch:2
I will Believe ch:3
I Will believe ch:4
I Will Believe ch:5
I Will Believe ch:6
I Will Believe ch:7
Ch:8
Never Let Go
EP ch:1
EP ch:2
Ep ch:3
Ep ch:4
Ep ch:5
Sacrifice
LW
LW 2
Above and Beyond
Nothing Last Forever
NLF Ch:2
NLF Ch:3
I Do ch:1
I Do ch:2
I Do ch:3
I Do ch:4
I Do ch:5
I Do ch:6
I Do ch:7
I Do ch:8
I Do ch:9
I Do ch:10
Get Glory in this hand ch:1
Get Glory in this hand ch:2
Get Glory in this hand ch:3
What if ch:1
What if ch:2
What if ch:3
What if ch:4
What if ch:5
WHAT IF CH:6
What if ch:7
What if ch:8
What if ch:9
What If ch:10
What if ch:11
What if ch:12
What if ch:13
Only Going Up
My Downfall a JN story
Girls are Wired ch:1
GAW ch:2
GAW ch:3
GAW ch:4
GAW ch:5
GAW ch:6
GAW ch:7
GAW ch:8
GAW ch:9
UTU CH:1
UTU ch:2
UTU ch:3
UTU ch:4

#64 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:35 AM

I do find Harry/Ginny completely random as if you forgot to give Harry a girl. For making up losing Cho she throws in Ginny. While Ron/Hermoine have to chance to sweet bliss. I will admit I hate it when authors spend the bare minimum in developing romance for the star character, especially when it comes out of nowhere and is obvious horrible (development-wise). I'm still shock that Harry/Hermoine didn't happen. I mean from book 3- 5 it seem possible until book 6 where it took a new turn for pairings and they were finalize in book 7.

Btw I love NS and although they are the most obvious pairing for the main storyline it seems Kishi just dosen't makes time for them anymore. I notice this when Sasuke return into the picture (btw the guy is still overpower and should lose to the 8-tails). Hopefuly there'll be a chance for some NS when we get to Sakura arc.

Too bad there's no element bending since that would be entirely cool huh guys?
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#65 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Jul 18 2008, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's interesting, I wasn't aware of that. I knew about the DBZ influences and I'd seen NaruHina and SasuSaku fans site to that influence as an argument against mainguy/maingirl pairing trends. Do you when he said that? I'd like to see it.

DBZ is still home to the ultimate out of nowhere/what the hell pairing in Bulma and Vegeta, since it truly was out of nowhere. It was more or less intended that way since Toriyama did that to try and piss of the fans. The fans just didn't care that time because the pairing was so popular.

It was a stupendous failure.

#66 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:33 AM

Interesting.

uc.png

#67 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:53 AM

So who would Sakura end up with?
Kiba?Lee?Neji?Shino?
Ha, that's funny.

#68 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:32 AM

The ending of that manga was pretty vague. There were no canon pairings in the end, but it was implied a little that Hanamichi & Haruko could be a couple in the future.
That's interesting, I wasn't aware of that. I knew about the DBZ influences and I'd seen NaruHina and SasuSaku fans site to that influence as an argument against mainguy/maingirl pairing trends. Do you when he said that? I'd like to see it.

He's never said it, but if you look at the love triangle in that series, it's very similar to NaruSakuSasu, and the Slam Dunk manga was more popular than Dragonball. So, I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he got it.

Edited by Daniee, 19 July 2008 - 04:33 AM.

#69 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

what was slam drunk about anyways because I never heard of it before until now?
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#70 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:36 PM

Basketball with bits of humor and romance. It is one of the most famous mangas Shonen Jump has ever published. It's a very recommendable reading.

You can check for information here: Slam Dunk

Edited by Jenskott, 19 July 2008 - 06:40 PM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#71 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:42 PM

For Japan Media Arts Festival tenth anniversary (2006), Japanese fan were asked (much like this site’s members) to vote on their favorite manga.

Slam Dunk came out #1.

#72 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:21 AM

The manga is also out in American Shonen Jump issues today. It's actually a good read for the romance part: Hanamichi likes Haruko while Haruko likes Kaede.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#73 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:15 AM

I don't read the manga for NaruSaku. I read it for the storyline. If I want some real hardcore NaruSaku I'll go read fanfiction, watch an AMV, look at some pics, or whatever.

As far as I'm concerned NaruSaku is still in the lead between the three main pairings (NaruHina and SasuSaku). The last romantic NaruSaku scene was when Sakura tried to feed Naruto ramen. Whens the last time NaruHina or SasuSaku had a scene they could consider romantic? All the way in part 1 during the chunnin exams for NaruHina and when Sakura encountered Sasuke right before he left.

The development is fine and both Naruto and Sakura are best friends. We'll find out more possibly during the Sakura arc or during the last stage of the manga. Until then, I'm content with whats been done so far.

#74 Sheryl Nome

Sheryl Nome

Galactic Fairy

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:23 AM

I am!! I still think it will happen, but my interest has completely and utterly faded away. I used to be a HUGE NaruSaku shipper. I drew them all the time, I read fanfiction when everyone else was asleep, I got on here, NF, and looked at NaruSaku art.... I read the manifestos. I DID EVERYTHING! D=

While I was still a fan of Naruto, I discovered Bleach. I started to read this too. In the beginning, Naruto was still my true obsession, and Bleach was just another side manga. At some point, (I think it was at LJ) I fell in love with IchiRuki. It began to overtake my love for NaruSaku. I still came on here, but not nearly as much. Naruto and Sakura did not decorate my sketch books any longer. A few months ago, it was as if my interest in the Naruto manga had disappitated entirely.

I had not read Part 2 (I was following it in American Shonen Jump. Of course, I already knew the story.). When my SJ came in the mail, I found that I did not want to read about Sakura and Chiyo (which I found completely boring and unimpressive). I skipped directly to Bleach. The only reason I'm here now is that I'm still curious in what direction the manga will take. But when everyone else is impressed with the chapter, I am indifferent. This seems to be a post on my journey as a Naruto fan more than NaruSaku shipper. XD

But the reason is not because of the lack of NaruSaku moments. Heck, you know how freakin' long IchiRuki fans waited?? And still we haven't gotten real interaction. I think more than a disinterest in Naruto, it was a disinterest in Naruto and Sakura. My favorite character is Karin because she amuses me. That has to tell you something. XD

EDIT: I guess I'll have to revise this post a bit. It was inaccurate to say I've lost all interest in Naruto since, well, I'm here. I still read the chapter discussions just like I always did. I was just saying that I don't ship NaruSaku as hard as I used to. I always liked both IchiRuki and NaruSaku. I was a fan of Bleach when I first got on this website. I'm not trying to promote IchiRuki or anything, it's just my favorite pairing. Just as most members here favorites include NaruSaku. Mine still does. I might renew my interest in Naruto in a few weeks. Who knows?? The point is that just because you have and still are a fan of something does not mean you will have the same level of dedication always. One day, I might like another manga more than Bleach. =) Anyway, I just wanted to make that clear.

Edited by Death~and~Strawberry, 22 July 2008 - 01:13 AM.

art done by ?, graphic by KiNA@animesuki

avatar credits go to heart_of_manga@lj

#75 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:42 AM

Well go on to naruto manga returns there's the entire series.

Right now Sasuke & his team (now called Hawk) joined the Akatsuki.
Pein, leader of Akatsuki, killed Jiraiya
Before his death Jiraiya left a code that holds valid info onto the Akatsuki (mostly Pein I believe)
Naruto leaves to go train with the toads
Hawk is about to capture the 8-tailed
Pein & Konan are heading to Konoha (mind you Naruto is already gone)
It's been reveal during Jiraiya's battle that Naruto is the 4th's son
Sasuke finally kills Itachi
Tobi is Madara Uchiha, founder of the Uchiha clan
He informs Sasuke the struggle of power between Uchihas & Seujis in Konoha. It was the council who had Itachi be their spy and order him to kill the clan, but he only left Sasuke alive and had the 3rd protect him from the council.
Now Sasuke wants revenge & vows to destory konoha.

#76 canis

canis

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

I'm not giving up just yet... biggrin.gif
When it comes to pairings I'm pretty opportunistic.
I read the manga and if something interesting happens in the romantic sector I'll take up on it. I rarely give up on my picks even if there's no progress.
I just sit back and enjoy the read...
Forum posts, fanart, fanfiction,... that stuff adds a little spice should the weekly manga fix not be enough biggrin.gif
So as long as the story pleases me I'll stick around and keep cheering for NaruSaku biggrin.gif

#77 Chen

Chen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Death~and~Strawberry @ Jul 19 2008, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am!! I still think it will happen, but my interest has completely and utterly faded away. I used to be a HUGE NaruSaku shipper. I drew them all the time, I read fanfiction when everyone else was asleep, I got on here, NF, and looked at NaruSaku art.... I read the manifestos. I DID EVERYTHING! D=

While I was still a fan of Naruto, I discovered Bleach. I started to read this too. In the beginning, Naruto was still my true obsession, and Bleach was just another side manga. At some point, (I think it was at LJ) I fell in love with IchiRuki. It began to overtake my love for NaruSaku. I still came on here, but not nearly as much. Naruto and Sakura did not decorate my sketch books any longer. A few months ago, it was as if my interest in the Naruto manga had disappitated entirely.

I had not read Part 2 (I was following it in American Shonen Jump. Of course, I already knew the story.). When my SJ came in the mail, I found that I did not want to read about Sakura and Chiyo (which I found completely boring and unimpressive). I skipped directly to Bleach. The only reason I'm here now is that I'm still curious in what direction the manga will take. But when everyone else is impressed with the chapter, I am indifferent. This seems to be a post on my journey as a Naruto fan more than NaruSaku shipper. XD

But the reason is not because of the lack of NaruSaku moments. Heck, you know how freakin' long IchiRuki fans waited?? And still we haven't gotten real interaction. I think more than a disinterest in Naruto, it was a disinterest in Naruto and Sakura. My favorite character is Karin because she amuses me. That has to tell you something. XD

Meh, I can't stand the IchiRuki pairing personally. Renji/Rukia works a lot better for me :3

And the Sakura/Chiyo chapters were good, and were great chapters that showcased Sakura's growth.

Bleach is a good series and I enjoy it, but we're all here for the Naruto manga, and the NaruSaku pairing, so I'll always show loyalty and support for this pairing, and not drift off to some other manga and pairing that don't really have anything to do with this site.

#78 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Hikaru @ Jul 21 2008, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meh, I can't stand the IchiRuki pairing personally. Renji/Rukia works a lot better for me :3

And the Sakura/Chiyo chapters were good, and were great chapters that showcased Sakura's growth.

Bleach is a good series and I enjoy it, but we're all here for the Naruto manga, and the NaruSaku pairing, so I'll always show loyalty and support for this pairing, and not drift off to some other manga and pairing that don't really have anything to do with this site.

I like IchiRuki and the fandom has exploded the last two weeks due to the Ch. 317 scene and the new ending for the anime. So its understandable if people may like the pairing then a certain other since it has gotten development after succh a long time and NaruSaku hasn't had a major one in a while.

Also, you don't have to necessarily like NaruSaku to be able to go on this site. There are a lot of people on this site that like different pairings and some who don't even read the Naruto manga that still come on. Its not only NaruSaku exclusive and their are plenty of other sections that people still go onto to post.

#79 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Jul 21 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like IchiRuki and the fandom has exploded the last two weeks due to the Ch. 317 scene and the new ending for the anime. So its understandable if people may like the pairing then a certain other since it has gotten development after such a long time and NaruSaku hasn't had a major one in a while.

Also, you don't have to necessarily like NaruSaku to be able to go on this site. There are a lot of people on this site that like different pairings and some who don't even read the Naruto manga that still come on. Its not only NaruSaku exclusive and their are plenty of other sections that people still go onto to post.

That's true I know a few SS that's on the site. However due to trend of pairing wars (mostly SS & NH) attend not to come too often. I love Naruto more than DBZ (which was my favorite) but I won't say its better until Kishi ends it. I prefer giving out a full detail review when the story is complete. Considering just a year or 2 ago, Kishi implied he's 2/5 done of Naruto so I assuming that the story should be ending in either 2010 or 2011; I doubt he's going to extend the series like Akira.

#80 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Jul 21 2008, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's true I know a few SS that's on the site. However due to trend of pairing wars (mostly SS & NH) attend not to come too often. I love Naruto more than DBZ (which was my favorite) but I won't say its better until Kishi ends it. I prefer giving out a full detail review when the story is complete. Considering just a year or 2 ago, Kishi implied he's 2/5 done of Naruto so I assuming that the story should be ending in either 2010 or 2011; I doubt he's going to extend the series like Akira.

Well, in Akira's defense it's not like he wanted to. He was pressured into it several times and even attempted to kill interest in his own product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users