4307 replies to this topic

#4181 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, I consider Fairy Tail by far the best ending of those 3. It at least didn't feel empty and pointless. although I want to see Lucy' going on her journey to find Aquarius' key admittedly 

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 July 2017 - 05:37 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4182 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

From what I hear, the Japanese wording makes it strongly implied that Natsu reciprocates. So it's pretty much canon. Mashima wrote up a short omake introducing Haru & Elie's son in Rave, so I think it's pretty reasonable to expect an omake featuring the next gen kids.

Yeah,  I won't be surprised if he does add an omake when the final volume comes out.  I really do want to see cute little Nashi. :umm:

Edited by Kagomaru, 22 July 2017 - 07:27 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#4183 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

Yeah, I consider Fairy Tail by far the best ending of those 3. It at least didn't feel empty and pointless. although I want to see Lucy' going on her journey to find Aquarius' key admittedly

Maybe that will be part of the 100 year quest. You'd think juvia would be there to be with her beloved gray. Wonder if they had sex that night?

#4184 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

Yeah,  I won't be surprised if he does add an omake when the final volume comes out.  I really do want to see cute little Nashi. :umm:

Same Nashi is cute and she'll probably be friends with grays kid and erza and Levy kids, and maybe Laxus and mira kid. Wonder who the master would be probably Laxus or mira since erza is gone.

#4185 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

Not the best ending, with the exception of Gajeel and Levy the others were still left open ended. It might have been better than Naruto and Bleach, (though I didn't mind Bleaches ending much,) the run up to the end was a major disappointed, so I expected the last chapter to be more satisfying to make up for the worst final arc.

Not surprised about Lucy publishing her memoirs as a work of fiction, I think pretty much everyone was expecting this to happen.

From Hiro's works I'd say this would come well below Rave Master, and I'd argue the small mini-story of FT:Zero was allot better than how this manga ended.....It felt very much like the manga that looked like it was ready for greatness, but each time backed off and followed the easy path, with the final product leaving it as a mediocre product.

Which is probably why the manga disappointed so much at the end, every single arc, there were exciting build-ups with potential outcomes that could stir things up, and every time it looked like the mangaka backed off, and you feel like you read a manga that deliberately didn't live up to expectations.

iAnby7W.gif

#4186 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

yeah but that is only in terms of the later fight scenes (which only really began it's discrepancies during the GMG arc) and only SOME of the plot elements. All in all the story was quite well done for the most part, and as you said did have potential and COULD  have been even better than it actually was. All Mashima needed to do was at least put some more thought into it and give a better structure and conclusion for the fights, instead of what was given (fights ended by the power of friendship). Conclusion: I still love this series very much and it is still an all time favourite, but could have been so much more had there been some more creative process thrown in other than "Well, this happened and this is the excuse for it". 

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 July 2017 - 12:08 AM.

#4187 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:58 AM

The final Chapter was good, buts I can't say what lead up to it was good at all, heck it was really bad even worse than Naruto and Bleach at times.

​Honestly I wonder if I should of dropped the series during the grand magic games as most who hted Fairy tail did, I Mianly stayed on because of Zeref and Acnologia. However their final fights ended up being terrible for Zeref, while for Acnoogia at best was average.

​Overall I give this series a 5/10 had some good character and lore moments, but downgraded because of anti climatic fights, too much fanservice and the power of friendship got really overplayed and repetitive. 

#4188 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

Overall not bad but not good either. I feel like the author taking a more "Safe" route to make it kind of a bit open ending and bit vague on the pairing. To bad no explanation about what happen to the fairy heart and the book of the E.N.D. There's a lot more plot hole and some other character that i like to know but didn't get explain. But definitely far better than "That other manga" ending. My old wound resurface with the "Everything Forgiven" again .... but i remember that the name of the manga is Fairy Tail so even if the author make it rain of money it's gonna pass that line.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#4189 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:35 AM

Hmm yeah there's that. But oh well. At least with this series none of the forgiven characters are genocidal maniacs that killed thousands or millions and were forgiven anyway. The ones that were are killed off so it's bit better about it at least

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 July 2017 - 01:05 AM.

#4190 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:45 AM

Hmm yeah there's that. But oh well. At least with this series none of the forgiven characters are genocidal maniacs that killed thousands or millions and were forgiven anyway. The ones that were are killed off so it's  bit better about it at least

Agreed and these ending didn't pull that kitten with what naruto did and retcon everything for say Lisanna and Natsu and shoe horning a pointless lore w I think Lisanna and forget mira and elfman. I will say the ending is wa g better than naruto and bleach's awful and disappointing endings.

#4191 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

yeah but that is only in terms of the later fight scenes (which only really began it's discrepancies during the GMG arc) and only SOME of the plot elements. All in all the story was quite well done for the most part, and as you said did have potential and COULD  have been even better than it actually was. All Mashima needed to do was at least put some more thought into it and give a better structure and conclusion for the fights, instead of what was given (fights ended by the power of friendship). Conclusion: I still love this series very much and it is still an all time favourite, but could have been so much more had there been some more creative process thrown in other than "Well, this happened and this is the excuse for it". 

Honestly have not been impressed with how nearly all the fight scenes have ended since....I'd say since the first time skip, it's all the same, looks bleak, but lets overcome with the power of nakama, the story cliff hangers all started with hints of being more important and potentially game changing but nearly all ended up being disappointing, and over hyped.

Even the reveals that lived up to the hype were not exploited to their fullest, and in many ways were just thrown in for the wow factor but made no impact on the over arching story, Autumn (I think that's his name) was a great reveal but had no impact to the story line, Even Natsu and Zeref being brother, or even Natsu being reborn using forbidden magics, and being from the past were all under utilised and didn't add much to the story in the end, they were all plotlines that felt were thrown in as a maybe something can be made out of it, if the mangaka could be bothered which he never did.

This manga will always stand out to me as having great dynamics between the main cast, and the relationships between the charactors, and the first half of the manga pre-timeskip. but from a story telling standpoint it will be behind both Naruto and Bleach and pretty much all big manga's as a major disappointment.

Bleach I can sort of forgive because the end had to be rushed and I actually quite liked the last chapter. Naruto will always be a disappointment because the end and the movie undid the whole manga, it ruined the characters, and all the life lessons they learnt throughout the manga. It made the manga pointless for the sake of more milking of the franchise, (Something we don't know he was forced to do or was convinced to do.) Oh and the interviews did not help matters much.

Fairy Tail is a manga that kept it's promise with the relationships with the characters, but felt like they gave up on the story, story branches were added then dropped almost straight away. It was a mess of a manga at the end, and this was by choice, there was no pressure from the higher ups that they were axing the manga, it's the story that lost it's way. So Fairy Tail will sit in this weird spot where I will love it for the characters it gave us and early premise, but will be a bland unimaginative end that will be a massive disappointment. I'll remember it fondly and with a hint of bitterness.

iAnby7W.gif

#4192 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

Volume 62's cover is out: 

DInt9KnVYAAvAG2.jpg

It actually looks really nice. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#4193 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:34 AM

is that the last volume?

#4194 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:38 AM

Not gonna lie, it looks pretty lame for the last volume cover...if it is for the last volume..

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#4195 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

From what I looked up it's the second to last cover.

This volume only covers up to 536.

The next volume is gonna cover the last 9 chapters.

#4196 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

From what I looked up it's the second to last cover.
This volume only covers up to 536.
The next volume is gonna cover the last 9 chapters.

Ya 63 is the last volume and at least it had a better ending than naruto and bleach though the new movie I'm wondering how that fits into the timeline.

#4197 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

RaveMaster_DigitalDebut_KCcom_1500x500.p

It happens. Sometimes printed manga titles become no longer available: they go “out of print.” And as part of our massive digital-first lineup expansion, we’ve been bringing a lot of those titles back—as digital “rescues” so they can be discovered by new generations of manga fans.

As part of our ongoing celebration of the conclusion to Fairy Tail and all things Hiro Mashima, on October 3 Kodansha Comics will be releasing in one fell swoop the entire 35-volume run of Mashima’s original fantasy-action breakout hit, Rave Master. Originally one of the bestselling titles published by Tokyopop, Rave Master has been out of print for almost a decade, but now all 35 volumes are back and available for preorder at all of our digital retail partners: BookWalker, comiXology, Crunchyroll, Google Play, iBooks, Kindle, Kobo, and nook.

https://kodanshacomi...-master-rescue/

Now we all know that Rave Master is far superior than Fairy Tail ever wishes it was, and it just really gets me excited to see that this actually becoming a thing.  Granted I know that they are releasing it digitally, but to me it's a sign that eventually and hopefully they release the physical copies of the other Rave Master Volumes since Kondasha did release 33-35 in a 3 in 1 edition eight years ago. 

#4198 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:54 AM

Hopefully and you can go back to collecting them :yes:

#4199 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

I know some people are probably gonna say that just shows how bad he is, and what I can give him credit for is being honest like he's always been:

Hiro Mashima said that he didn't plan the ending of Fairy Tail at all.

https://twitter.com/...122884354928640

#4200 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:34 PM

He has the guts to admit it. Unlike certain others.....  His honesty is appreciated! 

Yp330yZ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users