54175 replies to this topic

#53121 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:52 AM

Who would win in a Death battle of Hinata Hyuga vs Farmer With Shotgun?

#53122 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 05:15 PM

Who would win in a Death battle of Hinata Hyuga vs Farmer With Shotgun?

Farmer with Shotgun, because Hinatatas would be standing stock still thinking of "N-N-Naruto-kun" and forget she's a kunoichi.

2e5.gif

#53123 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 20 April 2021 - 05:37 PM

they had three options in that regard.imho. kill her during the Pein arc with her noble sacrifice being a motivating point for the rookie 9 and naruto in particular. her confession causes Naruto to really search his own feeling son Sakura and reach out to her to let her know how he feels and that while he wants Sasuke back so she can make her own choice hes willing to wait but didnt want her to not know.

this leads into the land of iron arc and the disagreement caused by Sakura attempting to protect him by letting him know she returns his feelings but doing so in an awkward way which hides that she and the rookies decided to take sasuke out and worse she decided to do it by herself. this creates some conflict between them but lets them work it out as they talk afterward and each comes to terms with their rapidly growing affection

the other option is not to kill her because quite frankly she JUST ISNT THAT IMPORTANT her sacrifice just goes  by the way side as it did in the manga and is left behind with no one discussing it again as she slips into the background

of course there is a third option which was never taken which was to use that moment as a matter of personal growth where she acknowledges narutos feelings for Sakura and begins her own journey to let go of him and move on which would have been a fundamental character growth moment

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#53124 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:19 PM

Today I am 32.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#53125 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:40 PM

Today I am 32.

Huh so is the Queen. But Happy Birthday

#53126 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:54 PM

Huh so is the Queen. But Happy Birthday

Thanks.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#53127 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:56 PM

Thanks.

Funny enough, Ken, its my friends birthday too. Hes 38

#53128 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:30 PM

Today I am 32.

Happy Birthday.

Since the conversation has been directed towards what to do with Hinata, or what should've been done with her.

I have a question. Her confession of her saying she loves him. What was the point of it?

We all understood by now or at least I think most got this, but to Kishi; Hinata has been the plot device. She's not even a character, but a plot device to use whenever he needs to set up something. The Hyuuga conflict, her jumping in the Pain fight was used to get Naruto go berserk, her falling to the ground and giving up while Sakura is with Naruto trying to save his life, etc.

I ask because in the end even though NH is canon, that moment lead to nothing. Naruto doesn't acknowledge her "I love you" to him ever. Even the movie which is NH itself doesn't acknowledge it (or at least from what I know of it, it doesn't).

So what was it for?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#53129 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:42 PM

Since the conversation has been directed towards what to do with Hinata, or what should've been done with her.

I have a question. Her confession of her saying she loves him. What was the point of it?

We all understood by now or at least I think most got this, but to Kishi; Hinata has been the plot device. She's not even a character, but a plot device to use whenever he needs to set up something. The Hyuuga conflict, her jumping in the Pain fight was used to get Naruto go berserk, her falling to the ground and giving up while Sakura is with Naruto trying to save his life, etc.

I ask because in the end even though NH is canon, that moment lead to nothing. Naruto doesn't acknowledge her "I love you" to him ever. Even the movie which is NH itself doesn't acknowledge it (or at least from what I know of it, it doesn't).

So what was it for?

The editor wanted to use it as a springboard to make Hinata replace Sakura as the heroine...it worked in the end; backfired sales wise. For Kishi, probably wanted something to break Naruto's last straw so he would go 6 tails, editor suggested it, he didn't have a reason to mistrust his editor, at least until the editor reveal that he wanted Hinata to become the heroine after that, and then all his troubles with his editors began.

Like I said before until editors started to pressure and gaslight him. Hinata was just a satellite character for Neji's story who would marry him so he could fix the hyuuga clan. Afterwards, since she became so popular without him having to do anything, and no one would truly tell him why she was so popular, nothing he would continue to do with her. Since having her exist and appear seemed to work.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 April 2021 - 09:55 PM.

#53130 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:45 PM

Well me I still think that he should have just killed her off; not sure when but soon, I think, maybe after the interview where they kept bugging him about Hinata, not sure when it was.

Does anyone know was it before the war or before Sakura went to kill Sasuke?

#53131 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:49 PM

Well me I still think that he should have just killed her off; not sure when but soon, I think, maybe after the interview where they kept bugging him about Hinata, not sure when it was.

Does anyone know was it before the war or before Sakura went to kill Sasuke?

It was the five kage summit. Where Obito declared the war and the four kage agreed to join forces.

It wasn't he was keeping getting ask question about her as venting frustration about people obsession with her.

#53132 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:16 PM

It was the five kage summit. Where Obito declared the war and the four kage agreed to join forces.

It wasn't he was keeping getting ask question about her as venting frustration about people obsession with her.

Okay then, I would have told Kishi to have her join Sakura and not just her the whole group to stop and fight Sasuke, and this is where he could have killed Hinata off in the fight with Sasuke, not just Hinata but I would add Shino as well to the mix.

#53133 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 22 April 2021 - 12:18 AM

Honestly Iruka trying to save Naruto would of made more sense as it would of meant that Naruto would have lost three mentors at the time tipping him to the breaking point, not to mention losing the first person to acknowledge him.

I don't think killing off Hinata works really; unless maybe she sacrifices her life to save neji in a symbolic way for a main branch member saving a lesser branch member of the hyuga clan, though her father could also fill that role and probably be better. Also I don't think Sasuke killing any of the K11 works because if the narrative is saying that Naruto needs to succeed in saving Sasuke, it be too problematic if he kills anyone in Naruto's group of friends.

Happy Birthday NaruSaku fan in Kentucky!

#53134 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 12:57 AM

I'm 30 since last month :excited:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#53135 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:38 AM

Honestly Iruka trying to save Naruto would of made more sense as it would of meant that Naruto would have lost three mentors at the time tipping him to the breaking point, not to mention losing the first person to acknowledge him.

I said this before too. Iruka had a 10x more impact of being the "killed off" victim in front of Naruto because they had history, not to mention it would've rocked the fanbase in Japan for shock value and incoming tragic scene waiting to happen. That editor should had his foot shot for even suggesting Hinata, just to rile up the NH and the shipping fanbase at the time. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#53136 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:25 AM

Not to mention it was completely pointless since it had no impact on Naruto. He didn’t give that confession any second thoughts

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#53137 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 06:27 AM

I said this before too. Iruka had a 10x more impact of being the "killed off" victim in front of Naruto because they had history, not to mention it would've rocked the fanbase in Japan for shock value and incoming tragic scene waiting to happen. That editor should had his foot shot for even suggesting Hinata, just to rile up the NH and the shipping fanbase at the time. 

It should have been either Iruka or Sakura. Iruka if you wanted the biggest impact since it would also call back to chapter one. Sakura because she was the one who screamed/yelled for Naruto to return to save them and hugged/greeted him once he was victorious. 

Not to mention it was completely pointless since it had no impact on Naruto. He didn’t give that confession any second thoughts

Kishimoto does seem to have a problem understanding implications of scenes or understanding some basic story aspects.

He considered it unimportant because Hinata was unimportant to him, but nH fans it became the most important scene in the entire manga that solidified Hinata's position as the heroine & love interest and made her entitled to Naruto.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 April 2021 - 06:34 AM.

#53138 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:47 PM

Today I am 32.

HAPPY BIRFDAY!!

Happy Birthday.

So what was it for?

imo it shoudlve gone like much of the confessions of such moe characters Shirley, Rem, and so on. the trope thats followed is usually they support in the background before finally confessing in a ""shocking twist"" and then suddenly they sacrafice themselves or are tragically lost which breaks the MCs heart and pushes them onward

rarely the character will survive such a confession but will usually be relegated to background status because they have essentially fulfilled their role in the story and have little to no further use

as i stated above if the intent had been to pish her forward it was botched badly as no follow up ever happened in any form. And theres no retconning it to fix it either by having some idiotic flashback to Hinata and Naruto in a tent talking about how loivey dovey they are which would outright contradict the last

so again her confession and sacrifice were essentially wasted as a 6 tails plot device 

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#53139 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 12:27 AM

For the AoT, you seem to like the story and personally like the mangaka. The way I see it is the reaction to the ending is at the moment up in the air. You could be part of either that 90% that liked it or 10% that liked it.

Honestly it might be good to compare and contrast Naruto/Boruto and AoT:
AoT was the face as well as the vanguard of the resurgence of anime internationally due to streaming. Naruto was the face of the the last redoubts of international interest in anime during 2007-2014 and had a lot of piracy.
AoT was a monthly manga that allowed time for relaxation as well as going to fan events between chapter due dates. Naruto was a weekly manga the made Kishimoto work almost non-stop without any breaks for 15 years.
AoT had a seasonal anime that focused on adapting the manga's story with high quality. Naruto-Boruto has a continuous anime that has become infamous for endless filler arcs to the point of scaring away potential customers.
Isayama used his money to make an onsen so he doesn't have to be a mangaka anymore after the ending; whatever the outcome. Kishimoto remained a mangaka without diversifying, so he was dragged back to work on the sequel due to it and his second manga failing.

I think we can't really compare since each series has its own merits.

I'd like to point out the disruption that video-on-demand / online streaming industry bring in, that has made international revenue for anime industry to double its size from 2014 - 2019. For anime, the gross revenue coming from international market is almost equal to the home market (Japan) for the first time ever in 2019. Credits were largely contributed to online streaming. Although, we're not really sure how much the producers are actually getting.

Anime producers are no longer required to produce non-stop continuous content, also known as fillers. Those days are gone. They no longer need to meet deadline as agreed in the initial contract / licensing agreement with broadcast TV stations. With online streaming, one content can be watched as many times as people want. What's important is the license agreement between streaming provider and the producers.

It's win-win for everyone (well, except for those producers who depend on fillers being created, I.e. An illusion that there are something new for audience to watch).

With streaming, they "don't have to" invest a lot on useless content. Focus on quality product, quality storyline. Listen to the right consumer segment. When it has scalable viewership, the revenue comes by itself through contract renewal with the streaming providers.

They also don't need to pay premium for the air time slot. No fixed schedule for people to watch the content. People watch at their most convenient time, and this has allowed them to scale.

That's what happens with Attack on Titan, or One Punch Man when it enters streaming platforms.

Netflix, one of the popular streaming platforms, has about USD 24 billion worth of content licensing cost in their balance sheet last year. That's massive when you put into perspective that it's annualized figures. And they're still making profitable business.

To put that into perspective, TV Tokyo net income last year was USD 27 million. In other words, Netflix cost to pay license to producers in one year were 888 times more than what TV Tokyo earn in one year.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#53140 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:06 AM

I think we can't really compare since each series has its own merits.

I'd like to point out the disruption that video-on-demand / online streaming industry bring in, that has made international revenue for anime industry to double its size from 2014 - 2019. For anime, the gross revenue coming from international market is almost equal to the home market (Japan) for the first time ever in 2019. Credits were largely contributed to online streaming. Although, we're not really sure how much the producers are actually getting.

Anime producers are no longer required to produce non-stop continuous content, also known as fillers. Those days are gone. They no longer need to meet deadline as agreed in the initial contract / licensing agreement with broadcast TV stations. With online streaming, one content can be watched as many times as people want. What's important is the license agreement between streaming provider and the producers.

It's win-win for everyone (well, except for those producers who depend on fillers being created, I.e. An illusion that there are something new for audience to watch).

With streaming, they "don't have to" invest a lot on useless content. Focus on quality product, quality storyline. Listen to the right consumer segment. When it has scalable viewership, the revenue comes by itself through contract renewal with the streaming providers.

They also don't need to pay premium for the air time slot. No fixed schedule for people to watch the content. People watch at their most convenient time, and this has allowed them to scale.

That's what happens with Attack on Titan, or One Punch Man when it enters streaming platforms.

Netflix, one of the popular streaming platforms, has about USD 24 billion worth of content licensing cost in their balance sheet last year. That's massive when you put into perspective that it's annualized figures. And they're still making profitable business.

To put that into perspective, TV Tokyo net income last year was USD 27 million. In other words, Netflix cost to pay license to producers in one year were 888 times more than what TV Tokyo earn in one year.

You can always compare and contrast anything that is similar. Naruto was the last big anime internationally until a resurgence that AoT was apart of. And just looking at it Isayama got better off: less pressure from the anime, monthly due dates, more money throughout the entire run, and retires to open an onsen instead of staying a managka.

Got bored and decided to look at Tvtokyo current anime.

(Bold manga. Italicized video/card game/toy, under line continuous/weekly/never-ending. [Brackets international.] {These reboots.} -Dashs in front sequels.) 

-[Boruto]

[Black Clover]

-Kiratto PriChan

-[Zoids: Wild Zero]

-[Pokemon]

-[Bakugan]

-[Yu-Gi-Oh]

-Duel Masters

{Dragon Quest}

{Shaman King}

Tv Tokyo seems to rely on a lot of sequels of popular IP from early 2000's, if not older. Most seems to be continuous with the rest: Shaman King is a reboot so a clear end point, Black Clover used to be continuous but I think people are saying it switching over to seasonal, and the rest I don't know. The current Duel Masters anime is not international nor currently Shaman King 2021. Oh and apparently the only reason Dragon Quest isn't international is because problem with the dubbing actor refusing to dub it due to pay or something.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 04 May 2021 - 08:53 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users