Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

Okami 10/10

I love every aspect of this game. It's purely made of awesome. *Goes to play it more*

#62 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:59 PM

Gears of War - 10/10

A bit short on the storyside, as it doesnt describe much about the story unless you watch the intro movie after waiting at the menu for about 5 minutes.

Re-beat it on Casual, Hardcore... and now going for Insane (On Act 3 for Insane)

Braindead AI sometimes annoy you... they charge in, get themselves killed, meanwhile you're in cover killing other people.

Can't wait for the sequel!

#63 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Kingdom hearts 2 9.0

This game manged to mature the series and make it more corny at the SAME TIME!

On one hand you have an excellent storyline and, I repet an excellent storyline which somhow manged to answer every question from the previous game in a way that didn't make me go "huh?"
Roxas, once you understand what's all the fuss about him, is a brilliant character.

And on the other hand... you have this http://www.vgcats.co...s/?strip_id=194

I never gone around to finish this world, and I never intend to... scraw 100% completion I have my sanity think off!

Oh and heartless Sora=Badass

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#64 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

Madden NFL 09 9.2/10 XBOX 360

Great Presentation Great Graphics Awesome Gameplay

I love the madden moments which allows you to recreate some of the memorable moments. (Including rewriting history with eagles by upsetting the pats)

The game adjusts to your skill set and lets you know where you need to improve.

There's a reason why Xbox magazine, Playstation Magazine, The associated press and xplay have raved about the game. because simply, this is the best madden in years.

Edited by Illadelphfan08, 01 September 2008 - 03:10 AM.

#65 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

Prey: 9.0

A really overlooked piece. A great storyline, engaging main charcter, cool weapons and enemies and whacky stages, awsome soundtrack and did I mantion you use bugs as grenades? how much cooler can it get?

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#66 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

Madden NFL 09 (XBox 360)-10/10

Graphics (9.0)-The player models look great, the stadiums and field look great and the presentation is awesome. The crowd still sucks, the sidelines are half-assed and there are no cheerleaders but oh well this is still the best looking Madden game so far.

Sound (10)-The play by play in this game is great, and the on field banther and crowd noises add to the ambience. However, the soundtrack is hit and miss, thank god for customizable soundtracks. smile.gif

Control (10)-If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Gameplay (10)-This is not just the best next-gen Madden game but one of the best sports games ever created. Thank you EA you have finally pulled your heads out of your asses and have given the fans what they want.

uc.png

#67 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

Bioshock - 10/10

Rented it before on my other gamertag, when I got a new gamertag, waited for the price to drop. Bought it, and I'm at the last few stages.

10/10 Story: Awesome story, underwater city, and the morality of the entire storyline also makes this game very human, or inhumane. XD

10/10 Control: Awesome controls, plasmids, tonics.. the brilliant powers they thought up. Movement and stuff are very easy to grasp.

10/10 Sound: The atmospheric music is very creepy most of the time, relying on silence or 50's and 60's music from Frank Sinatra and others. Which makes it even creepier. Walk into a abandoned room, and you hear Beyond The Sea playing... while there are statues of freshly made human statues standing there.

10/10 Gameplay: Creepy storyline, creepy atmosphere, just general kick-ass. If you scare easily, this game isn't for you. There are some parts that just made me jump even though I played the game before. People pretending to be statues, and when you walk into the other room, they're gone and instead are posing as statues near you AGAIN. D<

10/10 Graphics: Unreal Engine 3. 'nuff said.

#68 bedroom_philosopher

bedroom_philosopher

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:26 AM

Gods and Generals(PC)-0

Horrible controls, horrible graphics, every soldier looks the same and the AI is ridiculously stupid.
I only bought it because it was in the bargain bin.

Edited by bedroom_philosopher, 19 August 2008 - 08:27 AM.

#69 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (L @ Jun 2 2008, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Inspired by the "Rate the last movie you watched" thread I now present to you the rate the last game you played/finished thread. It's the same idea, name the game, give it a rating and give a brief explanation as to why you rated it as such. I'll start with a game I just finished recently.

Grand Theft Auto 4 (XBox 360)-10/10
Unless Resident Evil 5 and Gears of War 2 exceed my expectations I truly do not think I'll play a better game this year than GTA4. This game provided some of the most pure fun I've ever had playing a video game in years, in fact even though I'm done with all the main missions I'm still playing until I get 100%. This game is going to set a new bar when it comes to action games and sandbox games, hell video games in general.

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.best game ever
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#70 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:08 AM

Soul Calibur 4 (XBox 360)-8.5/10

Graphics (9.0)-Great looking character models and backgrounds, the inclusion of armor damage adds to it but still no physical damage like cuts or bruises.

Sound (9.0)-Awesome soundtrack mixed with horrible english voice overs and an annoying announcer.

Control (8.0)-The same tried and true control scheme we've all grown to love but it's starting to seem a bit archaic. Plus some of the more powerful moves are hard as hell to pull off.

Gameplay (9.0)-Still one of the most enjoyable fighting games on any platform.

uc.png

#71 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (light.keyblade.master @ Aug 21 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.best game ever

He was referring to games of 2008.

And I disagree, I am a Wii fan, I liked Zelda, but Twilight Princess did nothing new for me. I would rather play Grand Theft Auto 4 than to play Twilight Princess over and over again. It's not the best game, but it's a nice one.

#72 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

Professor Layton and the Curious Village: 9/10

I loved the game! It's really hard! I feel like an idiot playing the game because in almost every puzzle, I use a walkthrough! arg.gif The best part about this game are the cutscenes even though they are in poor quality! :teehee: Overall I can't wait for the second game of the series to come out! (in English)
I am still pinky-ash

#73 AyaMoto74

AyaMoto74

Mrs. Darttension

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:I think you all know my hobbies XD

My hobbies include writing/ making music, writing stories, playing videogames, and chatting!

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:37 AM

Chrono Cross - SquareSoft

Wow. There's alot that I can say for this game. I got it in June from my sister's boyfriend, and since I had Chrono Trigger when I was little, it was a great gift. Wow.

Music - 10/10 - Being a Yasunori Fan, I already knew all of the songs and got giddy when I heard them tongue.gif
Graphics - 9/10 - Think back to the time it was made, I think it was pretty good and a bit cartoony, but still great!
Controls - 10/10 - It's PS1 guys! And RPG? Of course they're easy biggrin.gif

Now, as for the story . . . Wow. It was really good. Some mixes with Chrono Trigger that you can still understand without even playing it; This game does not surprise me that GameSpot rated it the 5th best game of all time. It was a wonderful experience, being a gamer that will play any game of any time (which means I do not criticize 10 year old graphics biggrin.gif) it was great to add this to my collection. It's a wonderful game and it's not even that difficult. It ranked about 50 hours on my gameplay time, but even then it has replay value. There are, like CT, 11 other endings that you can get once you do a NewGame plus, and what rocks is that you keep your level ups from the previous game (of course! :rolleyes: ) so you can fight the boss again in any part of the game, which enables you a new ending.

Anyway. Enough of my rant. If you guys want to play a really good RPG, please check out Chrono Cross. I preferred it over most old style RPG's I've played, and I think you will, too smile.gif

Kiss you for lonesome folly...

#74 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:15 AM

Too Human 6.5 XBOX360

good variety of weapons, co-op is fun and skill tree is nice

but story is isnt good,long range attacks are annoying, combat couldve been better

Edited by Illadelphfan08, 01 September 2008 - 03:15 AM.

#75 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:39 AM

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl (Nintendo DS)-9/10
Despite how bad the anime has gotten the games are still fun as hell to play.

uc.png

#76 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:03 AM

Call of Duty 4 - 1/10

Worst FPS in the world. It's populated with whiners and bunny-hoppers, not to mention arrogant big-shots who talk trash. There are people who don't even fight, they just run and get killed. I call them 'cannon fodder'.

Anyways, MP is full of arrogant people. They whine, and love to stroke their ego's whenever they whine.

SP is great. Great plot line, horrible shoot-outs. I find it completely un-realistic that the Russian terrorists would hand over a nuke to a bunch of rag-tag Arabic militants without having them know that the gun points towards the enemy. Really, the Arabic militants could overthrow a HUGE Saudi Arabia nation, but can't even handle the Marines? It's ego-stroking, kids, and it's bad for ya.

I want to play as the terrorists and Nazi's for once. I'm getting tired of the same 'O Saint Can you See?' and 'Star Spangled Banner' chorus that plays every game. The British have the same thing. This game makes the SAS look like hired thugs, less then combat operatives. I seriously doubt they would let Al-Asad die, let alone kill him. I think that the US would want him on war-trial.

It's so fun how they managed to mobilize the whole Marine Force Recon and other marine batallions in about 1 day. It took us multiple days after 9/11 and after the fake letters were placed as evidence, and even then, Iraq didn't have good forces.

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia is a huge country. I doubt its armies would be over-run by rag-tag militants that can't probably disguise themselves. They live in the desert for gods sake. They're dressed in black and brown uniforms.

This game deserves this one rating. I thought Infinity Ward promised me something good.

[/end_rating]

#77 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Aug 31 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call of Duty 4 - 1/10

Worst FPS in the world. It's populated with whiners and bunny-hoppers, not to mention arrogant big-shots who talk trash. There are people who don't even fight, they just run and get killed. I call them 'cannon fodder'.

Anyways, MP is full of arrogant people. They whine, and love to stroke their ego's whenever they whine.

SP is great. Great plot line, horrible shoot-outs. I find it completely un-realistic that the Russian terrorists would hand over a nuke to a bunch of rag-tag Arabic militants without having them know that the gun points towards the enemy. Really, the Arabic militants could overthrow a HUGE Saudi Arabia nation, but can't even handle the Marines? It's ego-stroking, kids, and it's bad for ya.

I want to play as the terrorists and Nazi's for once. I'm getting tired of the same 'O Saint Can you See?' and 'Star Spangled Banner' chorus that plays every game. The British have the same thing. This game makes the SAS look like hired thugs, less then combat operatives. I seriously doubt they would let Al-Asad die, let alone kill him. I think that the US would want him on war-trial.

It's so fun how they managed to mobilize the whole Marine Force Recon and other marine batallions in about 1 day. It took us multiple days after 9/11 and after the fake letters were placed as evidence, and even then, Iraq didn't have good forces.

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia is a huge country. I doubt its armies would be over-run by rag-tag militants that can't probably disguise themselves. They live in the desert for gods sake. They're dressed in black and brown uniforms.

This game deserves this one rating. I thought Infinity Ward promised me something good.

[/end_rating]

I would have to say that Just by mobilising strong forces the main city and some other ones is enough. Notice that Saudi Arabia isn't densly populated. Most of it is sand. One or two terrorist bombings is enough to do that.

Another thing. To get the forces into a planned, full scale international operation, it takes months. Marines I think are all professional soldiers and most of them are supposed to be ready for battle in a few days. And be able to to be deployed every in the world in days.

Again, They can be overrun if their tactical infrastructure is crippeled, radiostations and communications broken and the chain of command severed, for example with terrorist bombings of Division command out posts. Also it is harder to fight an enemy that has already infiltrated your country.

[/end counter rant]
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#78 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:09 AM

Mercenaries 2 (I've been waiting for this for a while!) T-T

10/10!

Graphics 8/10 (Not as well as I hoped, but still damn good)

Gameplay 10/10 - Blow the crap out of everything AND anything, need I say more?

#79 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (L @ Jul 13 2008, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto Ninja Destiny (DS)-4/10
The Gekitou Ninja Taisen series has seen better games than this.

Then again, Gekitou Ninja Taisen is a different series altogether anyway. This is the Shinobi Retsuden series, and the sequel is supposed to have a 3d adventure mode and have greatly improved gameplay. I'm still hyped over the sequel!

Here's my game:
Blue Dragon 6-10

I'm a huge fan of jrpg's, but this was a disappointment to me. I remember all the hype around this game, and I more or less bought a 360 to play it (along with Mass Effect, but I have yet to finish that game). The entire first DVD might be the downfall of this game, as it's borderline boring all the way through. It gets better, but not good enough!

Graphics: 8/10
I can't really complain about this, as I love it to bits. The character models are awesomely kawaii, and the maps look good. Not perfect, but good enough to please me while playing.
Music: 7/10
The voices are really well made. Even the dub-voices are good, although I prefer the original ones to the english ones. The music is ok, not super fantastic, but good... but the boss battles has that one song that loops, and with the amount of time you're forced to put into some of them... holy crap, you'll curse that song to hell.
Gameplay: 7/10
The game is looooooong, but with how the first disc treats you, you might end up quitting early anyway. The fights are uninspired up to the point where you get better attacks, but mostly you'll get sick of the battle animations as you do in every other turnbased rpg. Not that good really!

#80 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Pite @ Sep 1 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have to say that Just by mobilising strong forces the main city and some other ones is enough. Notice that Saudi Arabia isn't densly populated. Most of it is sand. One or two terrorist bombings is enough to do that.

Another thing. To get the forces into a planned, full scale international operation, it takes months. Marines I think are all professional soldiers and most of them are supposed to be ready for battle in a few days. And be able to to be deployed every in the world in days.

Again, They can be overrun if their tactical infrastructure is crippeled, radiostations and communications broken and the chain of command severed, for example with terrorist bombings of Division command out posts. Also it is harder to fight an enemy that has already infiltrated your country.

[/end counter rant]

Not really. If that was possible, why isn't Al Qaeda crossing borders to get at them?

It's so boring having an EASY enemy that you can overrun by running and screaming "LEEROY JENKINS", firing your gun as if a fire-house. Another reason why I believe it's so fake.

Really. Saudi Arabia has military, it would definatelly use it to defend its country. Plus, if attacked, then Global Aid would become crippled. Saudi Arabia is one of the largest contributors of development aid, both in term of volume of aid and in the ratio of aid volume to GDP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users