168 replies to this topic

#61 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:52 PM

Well maybe they wanted to keep NS fans until the end, or maaybe they just wanted to give us some "fanservice" before destroying this pairing... 

I think it more along the lines of they thought that NS was the more profitable one so they kept it going for as long as they did. But then someone heard the nH was more popular internationally especially in the US. Naruto entire appeal to the companies was it was an international money maker. Granted by this point SP and some of the editors are hinata fanatics but that can't be helped. So in order to maximize profits and get back the international fans that have left the series for some reason (ie toonami no longer on primetime) they went with nH for the money. In doing so they were willing to lose their Japanese fanbase that they knew would not like what they were planing. Instead of making huge profit they pissed off the Japanese fan base and please a fanbase that wasn't going to pay for anything anyways.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 October 2016 - 05:07 PM.

#62 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:16 PM

"The series has a lot of potential?" Have you read the manga? They are rehashing the movie and their plot was revealed in the first chapter. Bolt will make friends with Nail who will turn evil and will try to destroy the ninja system. It a rehash of SNS rivalry.

Their are so many claims about when nH was decided we can never truly know for sure. Other then judging by how it was written in the manga and the answer is simply:"Last Minute."

They should rename the movie "Naruto: The Last Retcon".

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#63 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

They should rename the movie "Naruto: The Last Retcon".

I always called it retcon: the movie. After all, was that movie really the last retcon?

#64 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:55 AM

sony is apparently being a bunch of greedy butts and taking down all the naruto ova 2011 videos just because they use a song they have a copyright of, found the original video of the ova outside youtube though:

Edited by ultranx, 17 October 2016 - 01:55 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#65 VoodooFX

VoodooFX

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comics, Star Wars, Sci-fi, Computer Games, Vintage Computers, Science & Tech ... and Naruto :)

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:23 PM

Oh for me I think there were a lot of small things scattered throughout the final stretch of the manga, sure the 'confession' was a huge blow, but even then I didn't lose hope.

Stuff like NH hand holding, Sakura thinking of Sasuke in that tent scene with a wounded patient were all hints, that things are not going that well.

I remember saying to myself, all is good as long there is no physical contact between Sasuke and Sakura, sure enough, BAAAM ... chapter or so later we get this:

tumblr_n8sl6wsvdK1rkalabo2_500.jpg

Which to me was a mirror image of NH hand holding scene

tumblr_n8sl6wsvdK1rkalabo1_500.jpg

And I knew then and there NS was lost. I mean the guy never, not once, touched her in a way that didn't involve some kind of pain, he knocked her out in the bench scene, tried to kill her on few occasions, but here, not only is he holding her, he's actually trying to show some concern for her well being. They've even gone as far to emphasize it in a separate panel box.

tumblr_inline_nf7metFPXN1slinvg.png

So I guess, Chapter 685 I believe it was?, was a turning point for me.

But maybe thats just me wishing that naruto should have gotten "the girl" .. I mean even kishis wife was narusaku shipper..

I keep hearing this about his wife and still find it very unlikely for her to be a shipper of any kind.

From what I've learned from others, it was Kishi that had said that, correct? Even more of a reason then not to believe it, it's not like he never lied to us before...

Besides, I really doubt she would give a damn about his work, after all it was his work that kept him away from her and the family to begin with.

If anything she should have been glad that the whole thing is finally over.

From what I've read, and I admit I didn't follow the interviews very closely, because I just couldn't trust the translations not to be biased to either side...  anyways, from what I DID read, my belief is that one of the only ones who actually rooted for NS, was Junko.

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we all push up flowers.

#66 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:22 PM

Well, I have to admit I started having some doubts about it in the chapters following the whole Land of Iron/Meet up with Sasuke. The fact that Kishi never bothered to write a bit of dialogue between the two never really sat well with me. But at the same time, I kept going with it. I had gotten to a point where I expected Kishi not to have many romantic conversations between characters so I just put it on the back burner and let things develop.

I also understood that it would take time for Naruto and Sakura to actually discuss anything for a while, especially with the war going on. I even kept going with the pairing after Hinata held Naruto's hand, since around the same time we had Naruto's comments about Sakura being somewhat his girlfriend. 

So, to this day, I still think that NaruSaku didn't technically "die" until it actually did in the final/epilogue chapters. It remains the reason why I (and many others) found the ending to be a train wreck. Sasuke gives a half-assed apology and Sakura immediately forgives him and even opts to travel with him when he decides to leave.

Meanwhile, we have Naruto end up with Hinata when the last two chapters didn't even show any sort of romantic conversation between the two, heck the epilogue chapter didn't even show Naruto spend time with his wife.

NaruSaku didn't die until the very end. It was an abrupt end to that relationship, an easy start to the SasuSaku relationship and a rushed beginning for the NaruHina one.

Sakura needed to be like herb from bojack horseman when bojack tried to apologize for the past and herb wouldn't give him closure for what he did.

#67 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

That was what I thought too because most of the things sakura said were really the truth... the circumstances were just the worst ever :D

Maybe If she did it after the pain arc or after the kage summit arc that would have been better.
I wonder what hinata would have said to naruto to make him stop chasing sasuke and would he even listen to hinata.

#68 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:30 PM

I think, for me, it died at 699-700. When it was confirmed over. Although I had terrible feelings when the end was nearing. Especially when Sakura, out of nowhere (seriously, this scene was baffling and insulting) started crying over Sasuke, begging him to come back once more just before he genjitsu'd her through the heart. Half of me expected that to be the end of SasuSaku but the other half had a bad feeling about it. It should have been the end of SasuSaku. It was just a repeat of Sakura's confession in Part 1 before Sasuke left Konoha. 

Even if NaruSaku died in canon, it lives on in my heart as what was supposed to be canon.

It was 699 that got me worried but 700 killed it. I though 693 was the end of ss which up to this point was non-existent and when sakura showed back up after their fight she'd freak out at sasuke saying she's over for good. And 699 would been longer with sakura and Naruto telling each other about their feelings.

#69 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

Well remember Kishi had a low view on woman as all the woman  once they met Sasuke all loved him, that just how Kishi is I think he wants everyone to love the Uchiha and how good they are I mean look at it this way if Kishi did a crossover with other woman from other anime he would demand that all woman want to be with Sasuke as this is what I think Kishi might say.

"All woman need to love Sasuke, Sasuke is the best I love drawing Sasuke so much, so all woman need to be weak when they meet him and want to bang him, I don't care how powerful they are they NEED TO LOVE SASUKE." That is what I think Kishi would say in any crossover that would be done for Naruto.

Least see him try that kitten with Erza, rukia, yoruichi, ryuko, android 18 and other awesome anime girls and see were that gets him. I'd say balls ripped off, teeth missing, broken bones and anything else.

#70 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:53 PM

If that happened I think Kishi would have a heart attack at seeing this happen to Sasuke I mean you add Buu doing that to Sasuke and show it to him Kishi would be like this.

"What the hell are you doing to my Sasuke he needs to win he is an Uchiha, MAKE HIM WIN, HIS SASUKE."

I'd pay to see that, watch that sexist kitten see his boytoy lose, I hope if death battle does hiei vs sasuke and hiei wins someone should send it to kishi with a message watch your boytoy lose kitten.

#71 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:19 AM

The moment Neji died...

When I knew Kishi would not bring him back from the dead... I deducted that it was likely a set up to get Naruto and hint together...

Turned out I was right !

#72 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:43 PM

its ironic just how clueless kishi became after pein  but there's other pairings that i consider better like this one https://youtu.be/TCfoqbjAB5c

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#73 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

narusaku died since pain arc because naruhina fans how was very few have becomes too many because hinata interfere and since land of iron arc because sasusaku have strike back because sakuras stupid love for criminal sasuke

#74 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

eh i partially agree NaruSaku never really died persay it wasnt reall allowed to be born.

I liken the whole affair to Kishimoto driving us on the road to this house called NaruSaku. The house is built up along the way with a garden, lawn, white picket fence, and all the trimmings.

then just as were about to pull into the driveway of the beautiful house built up for us over the course of the story, he suddenly takes a hard right and takes us out into the middle of a weedy overgrown field with a wet cardboard box with holes in it and says congratualtions on your new home.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#75 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

No we really dont, The details of NS were laid out in a pretty blatantly viisble road map complete with a GPS  telling us where the destination was. Thats pretty much the entirety of the story.

The miniscule scattered details you refer to are at worst minor pebbles in the road that hardly merit our attention, at best their fades lines in the road that say NH optional

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#76 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

The hand holding scene didn't bother me too much. It was still something though, I won't deny it.

But when I read that panel with Hinata's big warm hand thoughts, the impact of the moment completely dissipated for me. Like how morbidly in love can you possibly be, if your gonna have those thoughts in your head with your cousins dead body nearby.

It was when Sasuke held Sakura is when I went 'yep'. If you viewed the entire war through shipping goggles, all the moments collectively made little cracks NaruSaku until the final blow was dealt with ch. 700, shattering it. Then the "red-herring" excuse, the movies, the novels, Gaiden and everything after that was like throwing jet fuel on the dump-fire that was already made. So horrendously sly, I must say.

I couldn't care less anymore after that lmao. Cause the moment Naruto said to Obito "he's an awesome guy!", is when Naruto's character declined for me. I jokingly thought oh hell no. Sakura, don't you dare go near this sociopath if he thinks that mf-ing Obito was a totally awesome guy. You can do better than that. And little did I know that she did the exact opposite of what I was hoping for by doing immensely worse with Sasuke.

This manga never fails to sets milestones for me that I didn't think exsisted. How Kishi shot up SS like swiss cheese and then seeing them walking out alive after all that damage still blows my mind today. It's amazing.

#77 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

This passage refers to two very often overblown and misunderstood moments. 

The Obito comment was not addressing the evil Obito did, but the good in Obito, really, young Obito, and who that person was. That's their common ground, that Naruto empathized with. 

The Hinata one about the hand is even worse to overblown, because it's well established Neji's death impacts her, and it's literally a side comment about how safe it makes her feel. But it's so overblown and twisted to mean that she disregards and doesn't care about Neji. It's a very poor misreading, that nearly warrants a 0/100 and detention joke. It's not even morbid. Of all of the arguments, this is one that desperately needs to be dropped. It's embarrassing to even see from our fandom. 

cool

#78 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Im sorry-- no wait im not-- but thats uitter bloody bullcrap.

I am in no way shape or form misreading or misunderstanding key details. NH was quite frankly non existent throughout the course of the manga and its development was about as solid as a london fog.

Under utilized and execution being flawed are the understatements of the decade. I have dishes in my cabinet ive never touched that were better used then NH. NH is not even remotely executed well. its tripe, filled with plot holes, retcons, and worse some of the most clichéd fan fiction garbage to justify its existence ive ever seen.

Quality may sometimes over do quality but that is not the case here without slapping on the thickest pair of shipping goggles one could find. Most of NHs so called development requires the reader to go through a set of mental gymnastics that would put Cirque de solei performers in traction.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#79 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

It's convincing as Itachi being double agent is executed perfectly.

#80 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

It's convincing as Itachi being double agent is executed perfectly.

Yeah, I think that execution was pretty evident that it was not something planned for at the manga's start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users