86 replies to this topic

#41 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:21 PM

Sorry about the delay. My internet died for a couple days.

@FB: I know this isn't 100% exactly like what I described in my PM, but I did some refining over the past few days. However, if you want me to be true to the PM's wording, then I'll edit this to be that way upon your request.

=============================================================================

Name: Ronon Archer

Alias:
The Collector
Shadow Wolf

Species: Unknown

Allegiance: Neutral

Description:
Character Pics --Click here to view--

The Phoenix Sigil - A glowing mark on Archer's eye that he is unable to remove. As such, he generally hides it behind an eyepatch or a specially made contact lens. With the sigil marked eye, there is little of the physical he is unable to see.

Inventory:

1.) Excalibur/Escalibor/Excaliber/Excalibor/Caliburn/Caliburnus/Caledfwlch - An ancient sword that has been known as many names over the course of history. A weapon of ancient legends, this blade is rarely seen from Archer. This mystical blade was long ago enchanted by an individual known as 'the Lady of the Lake' to be unbreakable, never need sharpening, and be able to cut through almost anything. Archer also sometimes uses it as a focal point for his own power.

2.) Nexus - Originally a high-tech submarine, the Nexus was refit to serve as Archer's airship in a previous 'incarnation'. Currently, she sits buried at the heart of the Enterprise, Archer's amalgam airship that houses his flying business establishment.

3. Enterprise - The name of Archer's amalgam airship built around and added onto the Nexus. Due to the airship's rather unique design, she is rather slow and cumbersome. Not designed to dogfight, the Enterprise will use her defensive compliment to hold off attackers while she gets away. Her haphazard design also means she tends to prefer avoiding storms that get too intense, though her structure can be 'artificially' enhanced if she has to ride out rough storms that she either can't avoid or has to hide in.

4. 'The Infinite Arena' - The name of Archer's business venture. It contains, amoung other things, an area that houses a small bar and a lounge, nothing along the lines of the No Fighting, but serves as a place for customers to wait, and eat and drink, while either their orders are being filled or their rides to be repaired; a series of repair bays for small craft, ranging up to personal-sized shuttles; medium repair bays for ships larger than a personal shuttle but smaller than a full blown true 'airship'; larger repair bays for 'true' airships (though nothing large enough for a capital sized airship); medical ward to treat injuries and dispense other medical aide to customers; landing strips; landing pads; cargo bays; aircraft and airship hangers (covered, open, and sealed varients available); dojo, gym, and general work-out area; modifiable arena that can be used for various sporting events; defensive weapons (some hidden, others in the open); and room to grow.

5.) Fob Watch - Another item Archer is rarely seen without. Also sometimes used by Archer as a focal point for his power, this watch is engraved with a design that will probably mean nothing to others, but is actually an alchemic transmutation array he can use in an emergency.

Abilities, Powers, Strengths, and Weaknesses:

1.) Being an energy based being, physical attacks (like, for example, having an arm cut off) don't affect him. Still, if need be, he can, and sometimes will, 'imitate' the injury that would result.

2.) While he may able to accurately tell what moves a person will make by watching the subtle clues they give off (like muscle movement, facial expression, et cetera), if one were able to get close enough to him, they would be able to strike before he had time to react.

3.) Due to the unique nature of his existance, non-physical attacks that affect the essence of his being....his life force, are very effective.

4.) Magically enhanced and/or altered weapons are a sore spot. While some still act upon him as a normal physical weapon, there are those that can cause him actual harm.

5.) The Phoenix Sigil that marks his eye allows him an unprecidented view of the world around him. He is able to see subtle things around him that others either miss or don't see. His eye also allows him to see the aura surrounding various things, something which he has made use of in his various works (ranging from authenticating if a valuble magical artifact is authentic or fake to telling who has talents that lie in things other than just swinging a blade).

6.) He is able to affect the molecular make-up of matter in a process some call alchemy or transmutation.

7.) His sword, while able to cut through almost anything, has encountered in the past material and objects immune to that aspect of its enchantment.

Job Class: Collector, mage, alchemist, scavenger, inventor, mechanic, engineer, scientist, observer, protector, guardian, entrepreneur, jack-of-all-trades.

Personality: Archer prefers to avoid combat if at all possible. His experiences from his own home reality as well as those from the time he has spent in the physical world has brought him to respect life, in all its various forms. As such, while he will fight if backed into a corner with no other out, he will fight defensively and not offensively...though, he will sometimes engage a person in combat as a sort of test for one of several reasons ranging from seeing if they are worthy caretakers for a powerful, ancient artifact or if they are the sort of person he would take on as a companion for his travels.

When he's not in the field either fulfilling his end of the deal he made with the gods, gathering raw materials for his inventions and experiments, or just plain old exploring and adventuring, he can be found aboard the Enterprise working on various inventions and experiments. He knows that some of his inventions and experiments, if they fall into the wrong hands, could cause a serious tip in the balance of power...thus, he likes to keep the location of his lab secret and, according to rumors he helps spread, constantly changing from time to time.

An enigma wrapped in a mystery, very few have ever learned the truth, or at least part of the truth, about Archer's true self. While he may drop various clues in dialouge with others, none will learn anything in detail until he's willing to trust them with such secrets. He prefers to be the one learing secrets rather than the one giving them out.

History: An ancient being, Archer first came into existance in a reality of energy. Like the physical world inhabited by hume, moogles, and the other races, the inhabitants of Archer's home reality fought against each other...though, as their were no phyiscal differences between each one, the conflicts were fought along lines of philosophy. The last one was between two groups, one who wanted to preserve and protect a baby reality, one of the physical instead of the plane of energy they inhabited, that had recently started forming and the others wanted to destroy it out of fear of the chaos it would cause. Of course, as with many conflicts, it went on and on and reached the point where the original cause was forgetten. The baby physical plane grew and expanded to the point where those who were supposed to make sure it was integrated with all the others properly, yet were away in the conflict...their lack of presence resulted in a wave of chaos as the fledgeling reality settled itself into place without any guidance. This wave knocked artifacts, some mundane and others weapons from wars far beyond the ability of the physical mind to comprehend, from their energy based reality into the physical reality....Archer, who had taken it upon himself at the time to check-up on the new universe as he knew the time for it to be guided into place amoung the others was no doubt quite soon, was close enough to be also flung into the physical plane.

Weak and confused, he managed to stop his immediate dissentigration by absorbing some of the raw energy being emitted by the new reality, thus drawing the attention of those deities in charge of this new realm. In order to stave off being destroyed by these beings, many orders of magnitude higher than the most powerful of Archer's kind, Archer made a deal that he would stay in the physical reality and make sure that the more dangerous artifacts from his home reality would not fall into the hands of physical beings. As such, he's spent the intervening time hiding the most dangerous and collecting the more mundane artifacts as well as various items from the physical world that crossed his path along his travels.

Along the way, he took on various physical beings as companions who traveled with him for various periods of time. Some died, either from wounds they obtained or from old age, and others left to lives without him.

During the original conflict between Sun and Evil Fire, Archer stalked the shadows, flying the Nexus hidden in a sea of clouds as he used the mists covering the planet's surface to help hide the locations of several of the more dangerous artifacts as well as the construction of what would eventually become the Enterprise. Coinciding with the lifting of the mists, Archer launched the Enterprise into the air to serve as a base of operations for his work. Planning to work more openly for a period, he wanted a place where those with information, usually on things they don't know even matter, would come to him.

Thus, the 'Infinite Arena' was born. A place for various nomads of the sky to arrive, gather, and chat while they recieved medical and/or mechanical assitance, amoung other things, Archer was able to pick up information, through various myths, legends, and other stories, on things he had yet to find. Creating a series of mechanical automatons to crew the Enterprise and staff the 'Infinite Arena', planning to find various living people to work alongside them, he set off to make sure neither the Rebels or the Imperials unconvered things they shouldn't in their current conflict.

===============================================================================

I know his history is fragmented, but, while I had the whole thing in my head last night, I forgot to write it all down and have now put down what I remember.

===============================================================================

@All: So what do you think? Are the weaknesses I built in good enough? Any other comments, questions, or concerns? While I would like to post in this RP, I won't until I'm satisified that no one has any problems with my character.

Edited by Abel Nightroad, 26 November 2008 - 07:02 PM.

"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#42 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:38 AM

^ wait so.

idgi.

you're both a fighter and a neutral character? .__.
and one glaring obvious sign of the crutch to getting accepted is that sword of yours. 'cuts through almost anything?' xDDD

also, this 'Infinite Arena' -- i was thinking you should talk to Shad-kun and see if he's willing to merge the two bars.
there's no point in making competing bars/hang-out places if one place has more people and another.. doesn't. D:

to what i'm getting @ is we're all not gettin any younger (HONOES A WEEK DX) so, we might as well all RP together instead of wasting teim :teehee:

soz, how bout it? :]

edit: BLARGH forgot someting.

i bring up the merge ALSO because i'm really really diggin that training area *wants to fight Shihna >3333*

#43 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

Good points. I'll address each in turn.

Sword: The 'cuts through almost anything' bit was put in as practically every other character had some kind of uber sword. Though, if you think it would make it better, I can remove that part out.

'The Infinite Arena': Not a bar. Sure, it might have a small place for customers to get drinks while they wait (as well as a small medical bay and workout area, but its main focus is the hangers and repair bays for aircraft and airships. I had actually planned to talk to shadow_Uzumaki about starting an IC business arrangement (he wines and dines 'em, I fix their stuff). The automaton staff were designed, and intended, so I could have them running things while I had Archer in other threads as I RPed him interacting with others' character(s) in other places in the RP-verse.

Job: I'll shorten the list. As they say 'jack of all trades, master of none'. The reason there is so many is, well, simply put, he has been around for a while (he is, after all, a modified and refined version of my original character from the original Skies Of H&E RPG), so he's had experience doing a lot of things in keeping his end of the bargin he made with the Gods in exchange for them not killing him.

Also, as I said, I don't plan on making an IC post until my character is passable enough that I feel none have a valid complaint against him.

EDIT: Just checked the Job thing. In my mind, what I have there don't make him sound like a warrior. Please explain what is there that makes you think so.

Edited by Abel Nightroad, 24 November 2008 - 01:11 PM.

#44 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:05 AM

Hmm, interesting really....Could work, my bar's designed as a neutral 'resting' area where people can relax and stuff, but if the two businesses are connected, fights could break out between 2 sides in regards to "my ship damaged yours!" or sabotages can happen, but it could still work....

#45 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 24 2008, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, interesting really....Could work, my bar's designed as a neutral 'resting' area where people can relax and stuff, but if the two businesses are connected, fights could break out between 2 sides in regards to "my ship damaged yours!" or sabotages can happen, but it could still work....

Sabotage...? >3

Hm. This does seem pretty interesting though, makes you wonder what could break out between two rivaling businesses (especially when Cid's so-called 'staff' is a duo of frenemies xD) If we RP together, like the two places meet up... that can cause some sort of spark, or whatnot.

The ideas are just beginning to pile up in my head, and it would be nice if Shihna and Jyuuki could get some more competition other than one-another; since sabotaging each other on the same airship isn't so safe. We could probably work on this as we continue with our thread - they don't have to be connected of any kind... more like the 'OMG! NEWBAREQUALSNEWRIVALS!YAAAY!' and we could probably start off from there. Whatever floats your boat~

happy.gif
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#46 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Nov 24 2008, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sword: The 'cuts through almost anything' bit was put in as practically every other character had some kind of uber sword. Though, if you think it would make it better, I can remove that part out.

abel XDDD

it doesn't matter to me at all (my only character is neutral) i was just pointing it out because it MIGHT cause conflict in the future.

'The Infinite Arena': Not a bar. Sure, it might have a small place for customers to get drinks while they wait (as well as a small medical bay and workout area, but its main focus is the hangers and repair bays for aircraft and airships. I had actually planned to talk to shadow_Uzumaki about starting an IC business arrangement (he wines and dines 'em, I fix their stuff). The automaton staff were designed, and intended, so I could have them running things while I had Archer in other threads as I RPed him interacting with others' character(s) in other places in the RP-verse.

that's my point!

we can move the bar into your Infinite Arena; Cid can basically co-own the bar, considering it's HIS but it's in YOUR arena.

THAT way it'll give ALL of us more to do-- no offense Cid, but c'mon, Shihn and I are growing girls-- we need ENTERTAINMENT 8D

Job: I'll shorten the list. As they say 'jack of all trades, master of none'. The reason there is so many is, well, simply put, he has been around for a while (he is, after all, a modified and refined version of my original character from the original Skies Of H&E RPG), so he's had experience doing a lot of things in keeping his end of the bargin he made with the Gods in exchange for them not killing him.

Also, as I said, I don't plan on making an IC post until my character is passable enough that I feel none have a valid complaint against him.

OHHH so he's immortal? XDD or he's survived through different means, so that's why he's still with us? i guess that explains why he doesn't have an age or anything?

gotcha wow.png

EDIT: Just checked the Job thing. In my mind, what I have there don't make him sound like a warrior. Please explain what is there that makes you think so.

well i meant by the overall standing of your profile.

all that armor and weaponry seems like you're ready for a hardcore fight at any given time *shrugs*

that whole competition would be fun if we had equal people on each side

in a nutshell: I JUST WANNA DO MORE CRAP. THAT'S JUST MY POINT OF JOINING THE TWO PLACES. D:<

#47 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 24 2008, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once I've got things settled, I'll send you a PM with some of the story ideas I was thinking about with my guy and his place.

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Nov 24 2008, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sabotage...? >3

Hm. This does seem pretty interesting though, makes you wonder what could break out between two rivaling businesses (especially when Cid's so-called 'staff' is a duo of frenemies xD) If we RP together, like the two places meet up... that can cause some sort of spark, or whatnot.

The ideas are just beginning to pile up in my head, and it would be nice if Shihna and Jyuuki could get some more competition other than one-another; since sabotaging each other on the same airship isn't so safe. We could probably work on this as we continue with our thread - they don't have to be connected of any kind... more like the 'OMG! NEWBAREQUALSNEWRIVALS!YAAAY!' and we could probably start off from there. Whatever floats your boat~

happy.gif

I was actually thinking of having some of the 'robots' (best, most recognizable term I can use to describe his creations) pilot shuttles and transports back and forth, for a fee...Cid gets the money of those getting rides from his place to Archer's and vice-versa....or the ships could dock together. Shadow's choice and something I would like to RP ICly if he's willing.

QUOTE (krisk @ Nov 24 2008, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
abel XDDD

it doesn't matter to me at all (my only character is neutral) i was just pointing it out because it MIGHT cause conflict in the future.

After reviewing what I wrote, I realized I was desigining a character that would be good at using his skills and items he has to avoid fights and, if he can't, to allow him to get away fast. Perhaps I should add a section on his personality (didn't originally as I hadn't fully fleshed it out at the time and, to be honest, haven't yet either).

that's my point!

we can move the bar into your Infinite Arena; Cid can basically co-own the bar, considering it's HIS but it's in YOUR arena.

THAT way it'll give ALL of us more to do-- no offense Cid, but c'mon, Shihn and I are growing girls-- we need ENTERTAINMENT 8D

Well, if Shadow has no problems with it, I'm not against docking the two airships together. I did have a few plot ideas in mind that everyone might not like, but I'm sure things could be worked out in the long run.

I think that having each as a seperate airship might play out best as, considering some of the story ideas I've got drifting around, I'm thinking Shadow might like having the No Fighting being able to launch and fly away so its not involved in some of the more dangerous and/or risky ideas my strange mind might come up with next...unless he wants to.

OHHH so he's immortal? XDD or he's survived through different means, so that's why he's still with us? i guess that explains why he doesn't have an age or anything?

gotcha wow.png

That was the main part I ran by FB via PM before even posting. Unlike the other returning character, who takes a god to kill, my guy...well, ageless is a more accurate term as 'immortal' implies he can't be killed, which he can (how is actually mentioned as a weakness).

well i meant by the overall standing of your profile.

all that armor and weaponry seems like you're ready for a hardcore fight at any given time *shrugs*

Armor and weaponry? All I have listed is a single sword....or are you going by the character pics I got off of Wiki? The only thing that he has which would be considered dangerous is the Nexus, and she's buried so deep inside the Enterprise that was built around her that sections of the airship would have to be ejected just for the doors to her hanger to even be able to open. As for the Enterprise...she is not designed for air-to-air combat (part of a plot idea I had in mind actually revolves around that point), thus why I described her as more likely to run from a fight.

Again, this is probably a thing that would help if I managed to complete my work on a personality section for Archer. Suffice it to say, he's more likely the guy you'll find watching a fight than taking part. For example, I had imagined what he would do if he was at Ragnorak during an Imperial attack; he would use a little alchemy to transmute part of the floor into a leg cuff and play the part of a prisoner before taking up arms against either side....though he will if he must.

To be honest, I would use a reference to some canon or other to describe what Archer is like, but after reviewing what I know of him, he's actually like far too many characters for a single reference to make sense of all his facets. Though, as simply put as I can at 1.30am, he's like the wiseman that the hero of the story goes to for advice, but he also likes getting his hands dirty (in the mechanic sense, not the warrior sense). I've been guilty of creating characters that would be the central focus of RPs I wanted to join in the past, but Archer I tried to design to be more a character designed to fill a certain niche or role in the classic RPG party. Sure, the occasional story I, or someone else, comes up with may center on him, but that's not what I was thinking when I designed him.

To be frank, our discussion of him is actually good. Its helping me flesh out parts of his personality in words that go with the images I have in my head. Thanks for the help, Krisk.

that whole competition would be fun if we had equal people on each side

Agreed. Hence why I'm working so hard to get my character balanced to the point where he'll fit into this RP without risk of being accused as a 'god character' (something, I'll admit, I have been guilty of in the past).

in a nutshell: I JUST WANNA DO MORE CRAP. THAT'S JUST MY POINT OF JOINING THE TWO PLACES. D:<

One thing I'm good at doing is coming up with story ideas....just tend to have a time of implementing them.

@Krisk: I apologize for my going off on tangets at some points and rather wordy post. I was actually half working on the character (in my head and in text) and half answering your post.

EDIT: @Krisk: Just got an idea after reading the new posts in the "Cid's Bar" thread. I wonder how your bartender would fair in a drinking game against mine since, technically, he has no way to do more than drink the booze (being energy based, he doesn't have the requisite internal organs). Lol, I have to admit the thought does bring a smile to my face.

Edited by Abel Nightroad, 25 November 2008 - 06:35 AM.

#48 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Nov 25 2008, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After reviewing what I wrote, I realized I was desigining a character that would be good at using his skills and items he has to avoid fights and, if he can't, to allow him to get away fast. Perhaps I should add a section on his personality (didn't originally as I hadn't fully fleshed it out at the time and, to be honest, haven't yet either).

the personality would do WONDERS for it i think.

from what you described below, i now understand that he's moreso the wisdom keeper, the guy that all the warriors go to for assistance, and flighty (like you said, his ships and stuff are designed moreso to flight vs fight)

SO :thumbs: ON THE PERSONALITY 8D

Well, if Shadow has no problems with it, I'm not against docking the two airships together. I did have a few plot ideas in mind that everyone might not like, but I'm sure things could be worked out in the long run.

I think that having each as a seperate airship might play out best as, considering some of the story ideas I've got drifting around, I'm thinking Shadow might like having the No Fighting being able to launch and fly away so its not involved in some of the more dangerous and/or risky ideas my strange mind might come up with next...unless he wants to.

WOT.

I'M WILLING TO HEAR THIS REDUNKULOUS PLOT IDEAS. (especially if they will be reacted to as just. SERIOUSLY that kind of reaction gets me interested, just what are you planning? intrigued krisk is intrigued wow.png )

i'm sure he'll want to :teehee:

and the No Fighting has simply changed to 'Cid's Bar' for future reference, Abel. xD

That was the main part I ran by FB via PM before even posting. Unlike the other returning character, who takes a god to kill, my guy...well, ageless is a more accurate term as 'immortal' implies he can't be killed, which he can (how is actually mentioned as a weakness).

Ahh... i see o.0

he's more so a mysterious deity? like that? xD

Armor and weaponry? All I have listed is a single sword....or are you going by the character pics I got off of Wiki? The only thing that he has which would be considered dangerous is the Nexus, and she's buried so deep inside the Enterprise that was built around her that sections of the airship would have to be ejected just for the doors to her hanger to even be able to open. As for the Enterprise...she is not designed for air-to-air combat (part of a plot idea I had in mind actually revolves around that point), thus why I described her as more likely to run from a fight.

Again, this is probably a thing that would help if I managed to complete my work on a personality section for Archer. Suffice it to say, he's more likely the guy you'll find watching a fight than taking part. For example, I had imagined what he would do if he was at Ragnorak during an Imperial attack; he would use a little alchemy to transmute part of the floor into a leg cuff and play the part of a prisoner before taking up arms against either side....though he will if he must.

To be honest, I would use a reference to some canon or other to describe what Archer is like, but after reviewing what I know of him, he's actually like far too many characters for a single reference to make sense of all his facets. Though, as simply put as I can at 1.30am, he's like the wiseman that the hero of the story goes to for advice, but he also likes getting his hands dirty (in the mechanic sense, not the warrior sense). I've been guilty of creating characters that would be the central focus of RPs I wanted to join in the past, but Archer I tried to design to be more a character designed to fill a certain niche or role in the classic RPG party. Sure, the occasional story I, or someone else, comes up with may center on him, but that's not what I was thinking when I designed him.

To be frank, our discussion of him is actually good. Its helping me flesh out parts of his personality in words that go with the images I have in my head. Thanks for the help, Krisk.

man you're really good at explaining things aren't you? XDD

WELL now i get it! like i said above, all that explaining you did by adding what he'd do in a fight and what he's like in general helps clear up the questions surrounding his accessories. :]

LOL no thank YOU. tongue.gif

Agreed. Hence why I'm working so hard to get my character balanced to the point where he'll fit into this RP without risk of being accused as a 'god character' (something, I'll admit, I have been guilty of in the past).

One thing I'm good at doing is coming up with story ideas....just tend to have a time of implementing them.

XD i noticed. don't stress yourself out so much about this Abel, there's no rush, and i'm sure if ya add a personality section, those who are questioning your profile just a teeny bit will, i'm sure, be cleared out like pie! wow.png

@Krisk: I apologize for my going off on tangets at some points and rather wordy post. I was actually half working on the character (in my head and in text) and half answering your post.

EDIT: @Krisk: Just got an idea after reading the new posts in the "Cid's Bar" thread. I wonder how your bartender would fair in a drinking game against mine since, technically, he has no way to do more than drink the booze (being energy based, he doesn't have the requisite internal organs). Lol, I have to admit the thought does bring a smile to my face.

DON'T APOLOGIZE! XDDDD i meant the "D:<" in a childish sense because Cid's Bar kinda only has THE bar, albeit i wasn't expecting much just to bartend and stuff-- but when i saw YOUR profile i was like, WOAH. HE'S GOT ALOTTA COOL STUFF MAN. SO MANY SHINY THINGS TO DO *A*

and so im kinda impatient and itching to do the more... contact stuff (i.e., training area :teehee: )

RE EDIT: LOL i'm glad you're enjoying it. xDDD and i'm pretty sure Jyuuki would STILL take you on even after learning that information -- she's kinda hard-headed. xD;

anyway on another note, i say this with the most sincerity, Abel-- you are an AMAZING rp-ist. you take so much care into your profile and character, albeit you DO sometimes godpost, but either way, you really kickass with RPs. HI6 for that x3

#49 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Nov 25 2008, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the personality would do WONDERS for it i think.

from what you described below, i now understand that he's moreso the wisdom keeper, the guy that all the warriors go to for assistance, and flighty (like you said, his ships and stuff are designed moreso to flight vs fight)

Indeed. The more I go over things in my head, the more I notice how he's like the Doctor from Doctor Who with a mix of the Librarian (from the film trilogy of that name), and a blend of a few other minor things, in that respect (he prefers to use his smarts than a weapon to get out of a jam, but will use one if he has to, but preferentially in a defensive manner).

SO :thumbs: ON THE PERSONALITY 8D

I'll get to work on combining the fragments of it I have into a coherent piece that I can edit into the bio.

WOT.

I'M WILLING TO HEAR THIS REDUNKULOUS PLOT IDEAS. (especially if they will be reacted to as just. SERIOUSLY that kind of reaction gets me interested, just what are you planning? intrigued krisk is intrigued wow.png )

i'm sure he'll want to :teehee:

Lol, alright. I'll include you on the list that I'll send a PM with a basic idea of what I was thinking to as well as Shadow.

and the No Fighting has simply changed to 'Cid's Bar' for future reference, Abel. xD

I'm operating under the assumption that the No Fighting is the name of the airship and "Cid's Bar" is the name of the business (like Archer has the Enterprise to house "The Infinite Arena").

Ahh... i see o.0

he's more so a mysterious deity? like that? xD

More a energy based alien from another reality who made a deal with the gods to do something they wanted in exchange to not being killed. I'm actually thinking of making the sigil in his 'eye' something they marked him with as a reminder of that deal.

man you're really good at explaining things aren't you? XDD

Sometimes, not so good...lol.

WELL now i get it! like i said above, all that explaining you did by adding what he'd do in a fight and what he's like in general helps clear up the questions surrounding his accessories. :]

Understood.

LOL no thank YOU. tongue.gif

You're welcome then.

XD i noticed. don't stress yourself out so much about this Abel, there's no rush, and i'm sure if ya add a personality section, those who are questioning your profile just a teeny bit will, i'm sure, be cleared out like pie! wow.png

Lol, in the past I have been accused of taking my RPing a wee bit too seriously. While I don't know about that, I do know that I enjoy writing and want to do my best to actually help push this RP foward instead of causing it to crash and burn.

DON'T APOLOGIZE! XDDDD i meant the "D:<" in a childish sense because Cid's Bar kinda only has THE bar, albeit i wasn't expecting much just to bartend and stuff-- but when i saw YOUR profile i was like, WOAH. HE'S GOT ALOTTA COOL STUFF MAN. SO MANY SHINY THINGS TO DO *A*

To be honest, I'm not really that much up-to-date on what different emoticons mean.

and so im kinda impatient and itching to do the more... contact stuff (i.e., training area :teehee: )

Lol, I know how you feel. Still, as they say, haste makes waste, and I don't want to jump into things here too hastily.

RE EDIT: LOL i'm glad you're enjoying it. xDDD and i'm pretty sure Jyuuki would STILL take you on even after learning that information -- she's kinda hard-headed. xD;

As I've learned over the years since I've started RPing, not only does my mind make strange connections, it uses them to create interesting moments. I find that treating an RP like a film and each RPer as an actor in it helps as, unlike a book, a film is made by more than one person.

anyway on another note, i say this with the most sincerity, Abel-- you are an AMAZING rp-ist. you take so much care into your profile and character, albeit you DO sometimes godpost, but either way, you really kickass with RPs. HI6 for that x3

Thanks. I do my best (I've even been getting some, lol, RP-tutoring by a guy I know from another forum whose skill with the written word would make you drool, he's that good).

As for any potential 'bad posts' I may make, I try not to post any, but I will edit and/or delete any that come up if needed.

#50 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:51 AM

Well, not really in terms of Archer vs. Cid that I was talking about (though that's an awesome idea, better than what I had in mind), but the customers being from both sides of the current conflict. Example: an airship crew from Sky Empire bring in their ship to be repaired in Archer's then relax on Cid's, then another ship or crew from Earth Republic bring in and have their ship repaired or whatever needs doing then relax at Cid's. The two crews recognize each other then either 1: Sabotage each other's ships, or 2: have an all-out brawl... Get it?

Well, could set up for some hilarious laughs though

#51 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 25 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, not really in terms of Archer vs. Cid that I was talking about (though that's an awesome idea, better than what I had in mind), but the customers being from both sides of the current conflict. Example: an airship crew from Sky Empire bring in their ship to be repaired in Archer's then relax on Cid's, then another ship or crew from Earth Republic bring in and have their ship repaired or whatever needs doing then relax at Cid's. The two crews recognize each other then either 1: Sabotage each other's ships, or 2: have an all-out brawl... Get it?

Well, could set up for some hilarious laughs though

i'm all for the brawl competition, but my only concern is the fact that Abel's Archer doesn't have a crew to fight.

ORRRR the sabotage-ing the ship thing.

i think we can work with that >3

#52 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:47 PM

Name: Raven

Race: Elvaan

Sex: Female

Allegiance: Neutral

History: Raven left her Elvaan village at the tender age of 10, when her parents were killed during a hunt that had gone horribly wrong. Members of the Elvaan village offered to take her in and treat her as their own child, but Raven could no longer stay in the village constantly surrounded by memories of her lost family. So she left, and somehow ended up under the care of a famed Sky Pirate who took her under his wings, as he had recently lost his own family, a young daughter and son, and saw in Raven the daughter who had just been unfairly ripped away from him. Raven stayed with those Sky Pirates, who had become her new family, and they had many adventures tearing across the open skies, making sure to stay under the radar of the Sky Empire, and staying out of the business of the Republic. They were free, and they liked it that way.

By the time that Raven had reached the age of 17, she could swashbuckle with the best of them, was an expert markswoman, could handle a sword better than many so-called pros, and was continuing to enjoy living her life free and unfettered. That is until the day that she and her pirate crew got involved in a deal that went horribly sour, and now she was on the run, separated from her pirate crew family, hunted by those who the deal had gone badly with, and told by her sky-pirate-turned-father-figure to just run, hide herself, and lay low until he was able to clear everything up, and come back for her. He had told her that 5 months ago, and somehow or other she had managed to stumble across 3 of the thugs working for the guy who was hunting her, and she was now running for her life to escape him, as she had lost all of her weapons during an earlier ambush two months before. She was battered and bruised, running on empty, and was on her last legs when she came into view of a floating airship called "Cid's Bar", as she passed by it on a transport barge that she had stowed away on. She knew that the creeps who were chasing her were also on the transport barge somewhere, as they had followed her on board though she had quickly lost them in the large crowd. But she knew it was only a matter of time before they found her, and she knew she had to get off the barge, and far away from them as soon as possible.

So, she 'borrowed' one of the escape vessels, which was a small one person pod-like ship, and quickly made her escape from the barge and headed straight for the floating bar, hoping that she could lay low in there for even a little while, and have a little precious spare time to plan out what she was going to do next.

Job Class: Sky Pirate-ess ;3

Appearance:

#53 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:04 PM

Alright, I've added a section on his personality. It enough as is, or should I continue to work on it?

Lol, I accidently originally put this post in the "Cid's Bar" thread by mistake. I deleted that copy and moved it here. Lol, that's what I get for not making sure I was on the right tab to make the post after closing the one I was using to edit Archer's profile when I was done.

#54 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Nov 26 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, I've added a section on his personality. It enough as is, or should I continue to work on it?

Okay truthfully, I think that you are taking this all a wee bit too seriously XD

Just create your charry however you wanna, and just jump in already, and start having some fun tongue.gif

Like I did wow.png

#55 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 26 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay truthfully, I think that you are taking this all a wee bit too seriously XD

Just create your charry however you wanna, and just jump in already, and start having some fun tongue.gif

Like I did wow.png

As I said, I have been accused of taking my RPing somewhat too seriously in the past before. Of course, for me at least, half the fun is making the character.

Edited by Abel Nightroad, 26 November 2008 - 07:27 PM.

#56 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Nov 26 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I said, I have been accused of taking my RPing somewhat too seriously in the past before. Of course, for me at least, half the fun is making the character.

Well, I'm not 'accusing' you of anything. I was just making a simple observation. You'll take it any way that you choose though, I guess ^^

#57 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 26 2008, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm not 'accusing' you of anything. I was just making a simple observation. You'll take it any way that you choose though, I guess ^^

Think nothing of it. I even list myself as one of those who feel I take things too seriously at times, lol. Still, I do have fun creating characters (you should see the number of characters I've made, yet never used, lol).

#58 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hot damn, gorgeous! XD And Cid's Bar get's crazier and crazier...and somewhat FF7:AC Seventh Heaven-esque now....

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 26 November 2008 - 10:29 PM.

#59 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 26 2008, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hot damn, gorgeous! XD And Cid's Bar get's crazier and crazier...and somewhat FF7:AC Seventh Heaven-esque now....

WTF YOU DIRTY OLD MAN. SHE'S SEVENTEEN rawr.gif

cradle-robber ... :teehee:

@Abel-- seriously dude. just start xDDD

#60 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:55 PM

XD Yes, but the man behind the one who is Cid is a 16 year old boy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users