Close
Photo

tattoo?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#21 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

If your going to make a tattoo, think about yourself and how you are and then make a tatto with a symbol that represents it, not the things you like but you the person, Dang it tattoo a poem or the name of the one you like to show he/her how much they mean to you, just don't put something like a Naruto based tattoo or even something close to anime or manga.

Edited by Whirlpool-Maelstrom, 19 February 2010 - 04:10 PM.

#22 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

One thing, people here don't warn you about, is after one, you want more. I have my right arm sleeved and now I want my left arm and back done up. Also, make sure they do it right. I love my tat, and I can't wait for the others when I acquire the money. Do it, and enjoy.

#23 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Feb 17 2010, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well thats what it might look like sooooo whatever floats your boat just remember It's permanent.

Lol imagine when that kid grows up in like 30 years and the tattoo gets even bigger because of his beer belly laugh.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#24 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Feb 19 2010, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol imagine when that kid grows up in like 30 years and the tattoo gets even bigger because of his beer belly laugh.gif

*snort*

His own kids are going to look at it like it's a target.

"Shhhh, dad's sleeping."

"Five dollars says you can't hit dad's bullseye and make it out of the room before he wakes up."

And think about that tattooed kid from the pic in high school: Every jock in school is going to love pounding him in the gut because it's "target practice."

#25 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Feb 19 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*snort*

His own kids are going to look at it like it's a target.

"Shhhh, dad's sleeping."

"Five dollars says you can't hit dad's bullseye and make it out of the room before he wakes up."

And think about that tattooed kid from the pic in high school: Every jock in school is going to love pounding him in the gut because it's "target practice."

LOL how true

#26 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

Just wear a T-shirt with the seal logo on it. HAHAHA.

Tattoos on the tummy won't look sexy unless you have a 6-pack...am I right girls?

#27 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:48 AM

I'd rather have Allen's curse-seal. Mmm. :3

#28 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Feb 19 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tattoos on the tummy won't look sexy unless you have a 6-pack...am I right girls?

Yep, pretty much.

Edited by Cupcake-chan, 20 February 2010 - 04:20 AM.

#29 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Feb 19 2010, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wear a T-shirt with the seal logo on it. HAHAHA.

Wow, that is an extremely shallow thing to say. I thought guys were shallow....guess girls can be just as, if not more, shallow than guys. I thought females could never be shallow, but you all proved me wrong.

I guess girls can only have ass tattoos if you have nice asses right? I admit I don't exactly have a 6-pack, but I am not a "beer stomach" either. I don't drink beer...disgusting drink. I have no more muscle than Naruto to be honest. Slender, but slight muscle.

If I think about myself then no tattoo fits my criteria

I can't get indian tattoos because....well I am not indian.
I can't get religious tattoo's because I am not religious. More like agnostic.
I can't get warrior tattoos because I am not a warrior.
The only thing I can think of is Scottish tattoos, but I rather not look like braveheart.

If you guys don't want me to get it that's fine...I get it. I am not sexy enough for it.

I do have one tattoo. A symbolic tattoo about angels and demons.

Hey, at least I am not stupid enough to get my gf's face on my body only to break up with her a week later.

Unless......hmmm.....I have an idea.

QUOTE (Whirlpool-Maelstrom @ Feb 19 2010, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your going to make a tattoo, think about yourself and how you are and then make a tatto with a symbol that represents it, not the things you like but you the person, Dang it tattoo a poem or the name of the one you like to show he/her how much they mean to you, just don't put something like a Naruto based tattoo or even something close to anime or manga.

Tried that....could not find the right one....besides what if Naruto's tattoo means something to me? Not just an anime reference. Like I said, my best friend has a tattoo from Prince of Persia.

As for writing someone's name on m body.....um no....that's even dumber than the Naruto tattoo. Also if I break up with her for some reason...then guess what I am stuck with?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 20 February 2010 - 04:42 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#30 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:26 AM

The Australian comedy group Tripod (You should all check them out btw) has a song called "If I Had A Tattoo", and in it they suggest to tattoo the alphabet, and circle the letters you need to spell out a name with a marker. Or of a faceless generic woman's body, only to draw the face of a girlfriend with regular ink. XD

OH, and also:

I thought females could never be shallow

It must be nice living on your planet!

#31 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Feb 19 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It must be nice living on your planet!

Yeah....don't know why I ever left.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#32 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:52 AM

First thing I thought: I think its pretty awesome to be honest. Besides its not the tattoo that makes the person, so if people think its nerdy to have a tattoo of Naruto's seal and want to avoid you then its their loss, they could be missing out on a great friendship. Bottom line, if you like Naruto and want a tattoo of his seal, but you don't want the ridicule from certain people, then you can take the good with the bad or none at all. Then again, I think you can get tattoos removed just like they were never their or something like that. So it might not be so permanent.

#33 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Feb 19 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First thing I thought: I think its pretty awesome to be honest. Besides its not the tattoo that makes the person, so if people think its nerdy to have a tattoo of Naruto's seal and want to avoid you then its their loss, they could be missing out on a great friendship. Bottom line, if you like Naruto and want a tattoo of his seal, but you don't want the ridicule from certain people, then you can take the good with the bad or none at all. Then again, I think you can get tattoos removed just like they were never their or something like that. So it might not be so permanent.

There is more to the symbol than just a love for the Naruto manga....

The symbol has deeper meaning to me. Like, even if you have a demon locked inside doesn't mean you can't be a hero. I am not what everyone thinks I am, but I am everything someone wants me to be.

People think I only getting the tattoo for a shallow reason, but in truth I want to get for a much more deeper meaning. If people cannot accept that, then I can be just like Naruto....a symbol of someone who is shunned yet still the hero everyone needs.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#34 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 17 2010, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to be brutally honest with you. This is a really a stupid kittening decision that I'm not sure whether you're serious or trolling. Vyse said the only logical response.

Ten years from now are you going to really give a damn about Naruto? I was obsessed about Warhammer 40k and Gundam (still enjoy them) when I was a kid and I spent well over a thousand (well my parents money) dollars on merchandise and wasted much of my time on them with the rest of my friends. Would I get a Imperium of Man or Zeon tattoo because of it? Hell no.

You want to explain to people that you got a tattoo because you liked a Japanese cartoon? Go post this on /a/ and check what your responses will be as they are weaboo enough to recognize it; see what people who actually recognize will think and give you an honest opinion.

If you are trolling then it's not very funny. If you are serious, you'd be better off tattooing "NARUTARD" to your forehead.

This. Don't do it. Tattoo's are dumb.

Edited by socermania2, 01 March 2010 - 12:48 AM.

BLACK AND WHITE

#35 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 20 2010, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is more to the symbol than just a love for the Naruto manga....

The symbol has deeper meaning to me. Like, even if you have a demon locked inside doesn't mean you can't be a hero. I am not what everyone thinks I am, but I am everything someone wants me to be.

People think I only getting the tattoo for a shallow reason, but in truth I want to get for a much more deeper meaning. If people cannot accept that, then I can be just like Naruto....a symbol of someone who is shunned yet still the hero everyone needs.

if you thinkl your going to regreet it when your 90 dont do it

but do what truly makes you happy and you wont get bord of in the next couple years

#36 Raiya

Raiya

Rogue Shinobi

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:21 AM

Where tattoos are considered: To each his own.

Getting one is not about what everyone else thinks it cool; as long as it has meaning to you it will be a great decision. As long as your love for the idea of it won't fade, I would tell you to go for it.

So what if it's from a manga/anime? You can always bullsh** if you're too embarassed, or just be honest. You're getting inked because of an ideal or symbol that has meaning to yourself. What one thing means to someone can be very different to another.

Personally, I like the idea. I think Naruto's seal is hot tongue.gif the good news is it would be in a place where you could keep it covered if need be. Hell, no one would know unless you'd show them.

As for the belly thing.. I think what they were trying to say is that a tattoo on someone who is a bit bigger is considerably unflattering. It would only highlight.. Shall we say.. A problem area and focus on a negative aspect. Moving on..

The decision is ultimately yours. I have XIV on my left arm (14 is an auspicious number for me tongue.gif), and angel wings on my back. I regret neither because I put alot of time and thought into each one before getting them done. If you do decide on it, make sure to post so we can see smile.gif

#37 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

Welp, do whatever you want.

Once weight in the social why's ( Do I like this now? Am I in a good state of mind? Will I like this tattoo in the future? Is this a spur of the moment thing? ) , time to weight the health ones.

Cancer, skin tissue ripping, scarring...

Actually, just get a scar. I have like almost sixteen of those in getting my nose where it doesn't belong and gets me so many girlfriends and boyfriends. And not to mention they were free!

#38 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Mar 3 2010, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welp, do whatever you want.

Once weight in the social why's ( Do I like this now? Am I in a good state of mind? Will I like this tattoo in the future? Is this a spur of the moment thing? ) , time to weight the health ones.

Cancer, skin tissue ripping, scarring...

Actually, just get a scar. I have like almost sixteen of those in getting my nose where it doesn't belong and gets me so many girlfriends and boyfriends. And not to mention they were free!

So did you break your nose by accident or do a Micheal Jackson. biggrin.gif

#39 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 3 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So did you break your nose by accident or do a Micheal Jackson. biggrin.gif

Getting my nose where I didn't belong part was not literal. But yeah, I did break my nose once or twice. Also that's quite nice of you to bring MJ from the grave!

And that's all the time we have for this off-topic chit-chat.

#40 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

Get a tramp stamp. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

But srs. Just think; Will this tattoo still be fun when you're 90?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users