24 replies to this topic

#1 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:51 PM

Ok, so I am writting one last Letter to Masashi Kishimoto. Addressing the obvious.

Yes I know the manga it's over and it sucked ass and all that. However, I want to get this off my chest and I feel like it's better to actually let him now and do my part than to just sit here in front of my computer and complain about it.

Now I would suggest other people to do the same but that is up to you folks. What I am here for is to ask suggestions and comments for what I am actually going to send.

So here is some of the stuff that I am writting about:
-Has he forgotten about what it is to be a shounen reader?

- Empty premises and empty promises that he never fulfilles.

- What happened to Team Taka? Why no individual fights nor background exploring.

- How the manga went from tactical combats into "my power blast is bigger than yours"

- How the manga lost it's themes.

- New empty characters that no one cared, such as Kaguya, king ching bros, etc...

-Why was the Last naruto movie a bloody shoujo? Why not something about kittening ninjas like the first two movies and such?

-Sakura's obsession with Sasuke

-Why is Hinata so kittening overrated - hate her guts.

- Terrible end games and god awful looking kids. - only salvagable one is Salad, because she is kind of likable and is Karin's kid. Taka's Goddaughter.

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

Why lie to your fans who were once loyal to you? 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:22 PM

Why lie to your fans who were once loyal to you? 

Checked!

Ok so, here is what I have written so far. Note that this is not done yet, there is stuff that I still want to put and that I want to modify so that it looks as sharp, tight and sound as possible.

This is the first letter I write to you since 2010.

I often wonder if you have forgotten yourself, about what it is to be a shounen manga reader. Reading every week in hopes of seeing that confrontation that you have always wanted to see, or to learn more about a certain character that you like; it’s past or an interesting situation or interaction that you are looking forward to happen. You used to be in these shoes when you where young so you should understand what I am talking about.

One of the reasons I kept reading Naruto every week was the hope that Suigetsu would fight one of the seven swordsmen, or to have a dedicated fight in order to know more about him and see more of his badass side.  You just held the premise of a legendary swordsmen vs. legendary swordsmen fight which to be honest was amazing and everyone was looking forward to see it. Yet that never happened.

You lied to your fans and you basically made us lost trust in you. Now we cant trust that what you are telling us in a story will lead us to somewhere, it will just be dropped or will be something to mislead.

The war Arc just kept going on forever, and I just wanted Suigetsu to meet Mei so that we could see something about their past.

To this date Mei it’s the only Kage without backstory. To Make things worse, you made her into a recurring joke of being a Christmas cake and made her look weak.  I really loved the 2nd Mizukage, I think he has been one of your greatest creations.

Suigetsu it’s my favorite character, I like him because he has dreams and ambitions and it’s a pretty friendly guy. Likes animals, uses swords and has waterpowers. I mean just how awesome is that? Besides he kind of resonated with the manga themes that you had established in the beginning.

In the last years, Naruto became a strange manga to me, the battles lost their tactical maneuvers and acrobatics that had made this manga so iconic and unique – to be replaced by “ my power blast is bigger than yours” which was boring and uninspiring.

It also lost its themes; the newer generation always surpassing the last was pushed aside to have the characters from previous generations being god level monsters. Also hard work and making your own destiny –which was one of the main appeals of this story - was pushed aside for destiny themes and people receiving powers and things without having to do a thing.

Most of the story became a bunch of empty promises, you foreshadowed stuff just to be dropped or be left unresolved.  And even after you ended your manga, things where left hanging in the air and there was zero sense of closure.

One of the things that bothered a lot of folks “including me” was when you decided to skip the battle of the seven Swordsman and kakashi’s rampage in favor of Darui’s fight against the Kumogakure brothers.

Not only are they probably the worst characters in the manga, but having a center spotlight for a new character that is dull, uninspiring and serves no real purpose to the actual story at such late point in it, it’s a terrible idea and acomplete waste of time. Better use it on other characters that need resolution and exploration before the story is  “finished”.

I personally loved team Taka, they where really fun, dynamic and had a bunch of badass and interesting characters. Unfortunately they never got really explored nor got individual confrontations. A taka the movie would had been awesome but why you decided to go with a shoujo movie is beyond me.

And so I would like to talk to you about Naruto The Last movie.

Now for “The last movie of Naruto. I would have had imagined that you would had prepared something special like; Naruto going on a Journey to find out about the long lost destroyed Uzumaki village on the frontiers of Kirigakure. Filled of combat action and all things that we loved from your story. Resolve some mysteries that tied with the main story.

I was not expecting a Shoujo movie centered on the most overrated character in the manga. Not only did it lack respect to the story that you placed all your daily effort on doing, but it seems that it was specially catered to people that didn’t mind that it didn’t respect your story as long as Hinata got her prize Which I absolutely abhor.

Sakura was supposed to be the main heroine wasn’t she? But people bashed Sakura because of her obsession continuous obsession that you kept giving her. During the beginning of the manga she seemed more mature than near the ending.

Now I am not really into having romance in a shounen unless it’s done like in a James Cameron movie which is about human relationship, knowing each other and having passions in common. I say this stuff because the end games for your characters where terrible just as their kids.

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

Was sacrificing all of Naruto's bonds, accomplishments, and character in order to start over for a spin-off worth it?

For all the misguided fanhate he complains about, maybe you can neutralize it as the antis now is the majority. The guy's brainwashed.

Doubt he'll see it tho, but I'm a pessimist. sry! x)

ナルサク

#5 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

I get your desire, but I think he must receive so much letters he might never read yours. Are you OK with that ?

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#6 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

I get your desire, but I think he must receive so much letters he might never read yours. Are you OK with that ?

That's true. I'm sure he has gotten a bunch of hate mail since the ending. He might be ignoring them at this point

#7 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:08 PM

That's true. I'm sure he has gotten a bunch of hate mail since the ending. He might be ignoring them at this point

I understand what you mean, but everyone thinks exactly the same. Therefore the amount of letters that he recieves are not as much as you think. "Yes tons are still tons but still" I want to put my grain on the mountain. I will also send a letter to Viz SJ about it.

I am also sending drawings, comics and a short film "not about Naruto" but to show that at some poing he actually taught us to not give up and be a hard worker. How and why he decided to not be on that path anymore is beyond me.

BTW Sushi. Checked! I will add that to the letter, however when I do so I have to re-arrange some stuff. I am going to end up getting it translated into japanese as well so I need to compose it properly first.

Edited by Suigetsu, 27 April 2015 - 09:09 PM.

#8 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:11 PM

Why won't you tell us the truth? Many of us spent 10+ years on your story and now they feel wasted.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#9 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:14 PM

You should also mention the corruption, and how Naruto never found peace or changed the ninja system. He became a part of it.

ナルサク

#10 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:29 PM

You should also mention the corruption, and how Naruto never found peace or changed the ninja system. He became a part of it.

Sushi, al of your stuff it's going in.

How Nardo and the Sauce became kitten family figures just for a spinoff where none of the main characters are likable at all.

As a matter of fact I think it would had fared better if it where called Karin Jr. the series, rather than the Burrito that no one gives a kitten about.

#11 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:06 PM

Something is telling me that kishi throws his fanmails into the trash bin without having any care. :ermm:

Tbh If he didn't care to resolve some of the glaring issues in this manga while the manga was still going then i don't think he will care enough to fix these issues in part 3. It dosen't help much that the author turned out to be a phony.  

Edited by rikakim94, 27 April 2015 - 11:10 PM.

#12 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:56 AM

That's what I would think if he hadnt given me the hint that he did. ;)

Back in 2010, Suigetsu stopped appearing for almost an entire year, to the point that we didnt know what had been of him "This was before they escaped from the Prison." So I sent kishi a letter addressing this and some other things and I sent him a couple of comics from artist Michael Turner.

Well just when a year passed since Suigetsu's last appearance "and I mean exactly one year" The seven swordsmen of the mist chapter appeared with Suigetsu and all.

Then we had two references to Michael turner's Fathom and Witchblade in a single pannel in the chapter that Suigetsu finds the scroll.

Now call me crazy but there is no way that THAT was just a coincidence.

#13 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:06 AM

Talk about the retcons that happened in relation to Naruto's character, like the fact he became OOC in the last by giving up for such a bad reason ( "AKA Girl rejected me, going to sulk here and let the world end " ) and the fact his emotional knowledge  which was really pronounced before) went to near zero

By the way that's a really good letter

That's what I would think if he hadnt given me the hint that he did. ;)

Back in 2010, Suigetsu stopped appearing for almost an entire year, to the point that we didnt know what had been of him "This was before they escaped from the Prison." So I sent kishi a letter addressing this and some other things and I sent him a couple of comics from artist Michael Turner.

Well just when a year passed since Suigetsu's last appearance "and I mean exactly one year" The seven swordsmen of the mist chapter appeared with Suigetsu and all.

Then we had two references to Michael turner's Fathom and Witchblade in a single pannel in the chapter that Suigetsu finds the scroll.

Now call me crazy but there is no way that THAT was just a coincidence.

Wow...that's cool.

Edited by Nar123, 28 April 2015 - 02:07 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#14 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

"Terrible looking kids" is not necessary
You should emphasis on Naruto's love for Sakura. He shouldn't go back to his words. Also, emphasis on Sakura's obsession with Sasuke. Explain to him that this the reason why she isn't popular. The obsession ruined her.

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#15 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

Is it worth destroying Naruto character growth to make him basicaly the same guy that created the Cycle of hate to begin with Kishimoto? I hope your ashamed of the cash grab you have created with this mess and heck I wasn't a big NS shipper to begin with but now that I have seen what you did to the characters to get these pairings to happen is a huge slap in the face to fans of these pairings and to my friends who are these pairings fans. I may have had NH as my second otp but not anymore because you destoryed me liking this pairing by slapping Sakara personaltiy and back ground on Hinata's to make it work. In what world would she had been builled for her eyes being apart of a powerful family and a potineal head of her family? It make zero sense and you know it ugh. You also destroyed Sakura Character growth by reinstalling her to fangirl mode the moment Sakura heard "I am sorry"from Susake. I am just livid right now. Ugh
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#16 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

"Dear Kishi,

your wife slept with me.

best regards"

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#17 Dario

Dario

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:44 PM

Ask him if he's glad that he found a gold digger after becoming a millionaire instead of spending the rest of his life with a life size Hinata body pillow like the ugly retard he is.

#18 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

Yeah this is a picture of the letter I sent him in 2010, with the help of a friend that... well I guess he became just an acquaintance later on once the ending came. Which really saddens me.

DSC00207.jpg

Alright, I have updated the 2015 letter;

I often wonder if you have forgotten yourself, about what it is to be a shounen manga reader. Reading every week in hopes of seeing that confrontation that you have always wanted to see, or to learn more about a certain character that you like; it’s past or an interesting situation or interaction that you are looking forward to happen. You used to be in these shoes when you where young so you should understand what I am talking about.

One of the reasons I kept reading Naruto every week was the hope that Suigetsu would fight one of the seven swordsmen, or to have a dedicated fight in order to know more about him and see more of his badass side.  You just held the premise of a legendary swordsmen vs. legendary swordsmen fight which to be honest was amazing and everyone was looking forward to see it. Yet that never happened.

Now we cant trust that what you are telling us in a story will lead us to somewhere, for the fear that it will just be dropped or will be to mislead.

The war Arc just kept going on forever, and I just wanted Suigetsu to meet Mei so that we could see something about their past. To this date Mei it’s the only Kage without back story. To make things worse, you made her into a recurring joke of being a Christmas cake and made her look weak.  I really loved the 2nd Mizukage, I think he has been one of your greatest creations.

Suigetsu it’s my favorite character, I like him because he has dreams and ambitions and it’s a pretty friendly guy. Likes animals, uses swords and has waterpowers. I mean just how awesome is that? Besides he kind of resonated with the manga themes that you had established in the beginning.

In the last years, Naruto became a strange manga to me, the battles lost their tactical maneuvers and acrobatics that had made this manga so iconic and unique – to be replaced by “ my power blast is bigger than yours” which was boring and uninspiring.

It also lost its themes; the newer generation always surpassing the last was pushed aside to have the characters from previous generations being god level monsters. Also hard work and making your own destiny –which was one of the main appeals of this story - was pushed aside for destiny themes and people receiving powers and things without having to do a thing.

One of the things that bothered a lot of folks “including me” was when you decided to skip the battle of the seven Swordsman and Kakashi’s rampage in favor of Darui’s fight against the Kin-Jin brothers. 

Not only are they probably the worst characters in the manga, but having a center spotlight for a new character that is dull, uninspiring and serves no real purpose to the actual story at such late point in it, it’s the worst idea and a complete waste of time. Same thing with Kaguya, pointless and terrible, Kabuto was the anti-thesis of Naruto, he would had been ideal.

I personally loved team Taka, they where really fun, dynamic and had a bunch of badass and interesting characters. Unfortunately they never got really explored nor got individual confrontations. A taka the movie would have been awesome but why you decided to go with a shoujo movie is beyond me.

And so I would like to talk to you about Naruto The Last movie.

Now for “The last movie of Naruto. I would have had imagined that you would had prepared something special like; Naruto going on a Journey to find out about the long lost destroyed Uzumaki village on the frontiers of Kirigakure. Filled of combat action and all things that we loved from your story. Resolve some mysteries that tied with the main story.

I was not expecting a Shoujo movie centered on the most overrated character in the manga. Not only did it lack respect to the story that you placed all your daily effort on doing, but it seems that it was specially catered to people that didn’t mind that it didn’t respect your story as long as Hinata got her prize. I am sick of Hinata.

Sakura was supposed to be the main heroine wasn’t she? But people bashed Sakura because of her obsession with Sasuke. Besides whatever happened with all the hints between her and Naruto? Did Hinata’s endgame mattered more than your main character?

Now I am not really into having romance in a shounen unless it’s done like in a James Cameron movie. But I do get that it is necessary and when done right it can be great. And it seems like you knew how to do it, take Minato and Kushina for example. However the end games at the end of the story where awful.

It feels as if everyone got to forget who they where and what they went through just for the sake of doing this Naruto gaiden.
Naruto becoming an awful parent was the last thing I would have ever imagined. Besides why does he look like Obito? The man that was basically the architect for everyone’s suffering. I always thought that his look from the gutsy ninja was the coolest thing.
Another thing that bothers me is that all the jerks in this manga got a free pass for being like that and even got rewarded on top of that.

The kids are basically clones of their parents and are pretty uninteresting with the exception of Karin’s brat. Also Bolt? Sounds like the Hyugga took over the manga.

Edited by Suigetsu, 28 April 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#19 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:46 AM

"Dear Kishi,

your wife slept with me.

best regards"

tumblr_nnjrp6BiuH1u8yhuio1_250.jpg

This.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#20 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:42 PM

Ok, so I am writting one last Letter to Masashi Kishimoto. Addressing the obvious.

Yes I know the manga it's over and it sucked ass and all that. However, I want to get this off my chest and I feel like it's better to actually let him now and do my part than to just sit here in front of my computer and complain about it.

Now I would suggest other people to do the same but that is up to you folks. What I am here for is to ask suggestions and comments for what I am actually going to send.

So here is some of the stuff that I am writting about:
-Has he forgotten about what it is to be a shounen reader?
- Empty premises and empty promises that he never fulfilles.
- What happened to Team Taka? Why no individual fights nor background exploring.
- How the manga went from tactical combats into "my power blast is bigger than yours"
- How the manga lost it's themes.
- New empty characters that no one cared, such as Kaguya, king ching bros, etc...

-Why was the Last naruto movie a bloody shoujo? Why not something about kittening ninjas like the first two movies and such?
-Sakura's obsession with Sasuke
-Why is Hinata so kittening overrated - hate her guts.
- Terrible end games and god awful looking kids. - only salvagable one is Salad, because she is kind of likable and is Karin's kid. Taka's Goddaughter.

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

What's Kishimoto's address?

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: letter, writting, kishimoto, taka, the last

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users