• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#1 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

http://mangastream.c...ruto/42035636/1

EDIT:LOL wtf, I have no idea why, but now it has re-directed to one piece suddenly for no reason at all. Page 3-7 are Naruto but then 8 is one piece.

Even though a lot of people would probably want to side with Kyuubi on this one, I think it was good to see Naruto and his resolve.

Edited by Mik3, 11 May 2011 - 06:04 PM.

\

#2 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

This may be my new favorite chapter.

Its chapters like this that remind me why I love this manga so much and read it religiously. Kishimoto has done it again biggrin.gif

#3 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

I found it rather confusing, and that flashback was kinda boring, so I didn't like it. They should move on to the fights. dry.gif

#4 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

Kinda boring chapter, was nice to see a flashback, I found page 12 intersting, Sakura's reaction, whilst Ino was shouting, her reaction showed an explanation marks, whilst looking at Ino, Was that Kishimoto's way hint on how Sakura liked Sasuke because Ino liked him or something else?

So apparently Naruto's chakra is so awesome that feeding on it gives you a concious, that might the first time I've really seen the Kyuubi act almost civilised.

Apparently Naruto saw the hatred in Sasuke's eyes from the beginning, but never knew what to do about it.

Looks like a transition chapter...I bet when this is animated they'll make a whole episode of it.

Edited by harry4e, 11 May 2011 - 06:39 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#5 Fliss

Fliss

stfu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

I agree with Kim, I mean come onnnn Naruto. Sasuke shouldn't be your only drive in life
Hmm what did sakura's explanation point mean? I was wondering about that. Anywayssss, the chapter was alright. A little boring. I want to see some action, not flashbacks.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

#6 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ May 11 2011, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/538

There, this link works fine.
I actually liked this chapter. There was no action but I liked the talk between Naruto and the Fox and the flashback. The thing I didn't like is Naruto's angst over Sasuke again. Can't he get over him for five minutes?

Angsting over Sasuke is bad enough, but what I really didn't like was his treatment for Kyuubi. It was so unNaruto like.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#7 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Hak @ May 11 2011, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Angsting over Sasuke is bad enough, but what I really didn't like was his treatment for Kyuubi. It was so unNaruto like.

he does have to train the kyuubi....i mean what do you want him to do

naruto: hey hey kyuubi! give me your paw!!

kyuuni.....*tries to slice him in two*

naruto has to make sure kyuubi listens to him. but i kinda agree on some level...naruto seemed...weird....

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

Great chapter.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

It was an okay chapter, could it be that Kyuubi was acting "fatherly" to try to protect him? Even as a kid, Hinata is not cute unlike Sakura... I'm with harry4e on Kishi's hint with Sakura.

そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#10 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

I'm with the kyuubi on this one, the fox said everything that is on my mind regarding Sasuke, and as usual, Naruto won't listen to reason, he might regreat this decision one day. The chapter was very meh, just to drive the Sasunaru fandom crazy. I didn't liked this chapter at all.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#11 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

Loved this chapter

The hatred will consume Naruto liked it consumed Nagato...does the 9 tails know something he is keeping to himself?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#12 Kobayashi

Kobayashi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, photography, computers, games...

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hm problem with this chapter is so many Sakura bashing. I am wondering was this to emphisize that everybody was wrong with naruto, including kyubi, so how he befriended everybody somehow he will befriend the kyubi too. Dont know but it seems that similar thing happened to killer be and 8 tails with their exchange of cakra, 8 tails changed. I already read sakura bashers all around now, sasuke sasuke how they forgot how kitteny sakura is. And this Kishis emphasising Hinatas Naruto-kun is anoying cause i dont know whats with that now, so i think that Kishi being angry with Hinata fans is not truth, after this. This has finally come to them to gloat about all night long how Naru-Hina is happening how Kishi is forshadowing this and also how naruto remembers how hinata always cheered for him. I hope so that Kishi will use this chapter to later emhisize how sakura changed how naruto changed and everyone else around naruto, and bash hinata fans ultimately. But i dont know what to think anymore.

Edited by Kobayashi, 11 May 2011 - 08:47 PM.

#13 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Kobayashi @ May 11 2011, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm problem with this chapter is so many Sakura bashing. I am wondering was this to emphisize that everybody was wrong with naruto, including kyubi, so how he befriended everybody somehow he will befriend the kyubi too. Dont know but it seems that similar thing happened to killer be and 8 tails with their exchange of cakra, 8 tails changed. I already read sakura bashers all around now, sasuke sasuke how they forgot how kitteny sakura is. And this Kishis emphasising Hinatas Naruto-kun is anoying cause i dont know whats with that now, so i think that Kishi being angry with Hinata fans is not truth, after this. This has finally come to them to gloat about all night long how Naru-Hina is happening how Kishi is forshadowing this and also how naruto remembers how hinata always cheered for him. I hope so that Kishi will use this chapter to later emhisize how sakura changed how naruto changed and everyone else around naruto, and bash hinata fans ultimately. But i dont know what to think anymore.

I saw no pairings in this chapter whatsoever. It was for one thing in the past, for another part, part of the dialogue is in though, the flashback was meant to visualize readers into the event, not visualise readers into what is going on in Naruto's mind, it was a third person flashback, not a first person perspective. On other ways, i agree with the 9 tails, if he takes the hatred of everyone, then the hatred will consume him.

Edited by Strangelove, 11 May 2011 - 09:01 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#14 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ May 11 2011, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kinda boring chapter, was nice to see a flashback, I found page 12 intersting, Sakura's reaction, whilst Ino was shouting, her reaction showed an explanation marks, whilst looking at Ino, Was that Kishimoto's way hint on how Sakura liked Sasuke because Ino liked him or something else?

So apparently Naruto's chakra is so awesome that feeding on it gives you a concious, that might the first time I've really seen the Kyuubi act almost civilised.

Apparently Naruto saw the hatred in Sasuke's eyes from the beginning, but never knew what to do about it.

Looks like a transition chapter...I bet when this is animated they'll make a whole episode of it.

I think it was along the lines of following Ino's lead- at this point- when they were around 8 years old or so, she pretty much is completely in Ino's shadow. But when Sakura saw what actually happened, she wasn't so enthusiastic for cheering it on anymore, Sasuke just immediately knocks Naruto to the ground, it wasn't so much fun when Naruto was clearly no match for Sasuke. Ino got more enthusiastic on the other hand. Kishimoto contrasting Ino and Sakura at the same time he's contrasting Sasuke and Naruto. Hinata is just the same as always. Naruto doesn't notice her either, it's Sakura words he notices, No romantic feelings at this age though.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#15 Kobayashi

Kobayashi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, photography, computers, games...

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ May 11 2011, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw no pairings in this chapter whatsoever. It was for one thing in the past, for another part, part of the dialogue is in though, the flashback was meant to visualize readers into the event, not visualise readers into what is going on in Naruto's mind, it was a third person flashback, not a first person perspective. On other ways, i agree with the 9 tails, if he takes the hatred of everyone, then the hatred will consume him.

No there were no pairings, just implication that hinata was one that was cheering for naruto and sakura was a bch. I understand that this is from third person perspective but tell it to the hinata fandom, they are already crazy because of this. All in all interestign chapter it will have implications in future chapters. So what ya think is Naruto near the end or it will be much more chapters out there?

#16 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

This chapter just solidified what we already know about Sasuke and how his hatred has even driven him in his childhood, I have to agree with the Kyuubi this time around, he made a lot of great points, but as usual Naruto stubbornly didn't listen to him, but deep down even he knows the Kyuubi is right about and Sasuke needs to be dealt with in a manner only Naruto can think of and for those of you complaining about the chapter Sakura bashing, I don't believe it was, it was just showing what Sakura was as a child, she followed Ino's lead since they were the best of friends and in one panel there was a genuine look of concern on her face when Naruto got drove into the ground by Sasuke, she probably just didn't say anything because at that age she didn't know any better. By the way was I the only one that laughed at Hinata's shy cheer for Naruto only for it to be drowned out by one of Sasuke's fangirls?

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 11 May 2011 - 11:44 PM.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#17 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

I also dont see any Sakura being anything but present in this chapter. She doesnt say anything and only shows suprise at how quickly Sasuke takes naruto down. I honestly dont see where anyone can say any thing pairing related in this. This is primarily a take on the hatred thats been built up in Sasuke and how naruto recognized it early even though he may not have understood it.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#18 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

*Sigh* Another eighteen page love letter from Masashi Kishimoto to Sasuke. This isn't friendship anymore. Naruto is basically being written as a stalker at this point. It's depressing and annoying.

#19 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

A chapter worth thinking about. A few things here that got my attetetntion, one bieng Sakura on page 12 (as harry4e already pointed out). It'll be interesting trying to evaluate what that panel was about, though harry's theory was a good one, and not too unbelievable. Could it really be that Sakura began crushing on Sasuke because at the time she was still trying to emulate Ino?? Worth thinking about...

The Fox's demeanor was another thing that caught my eye. It seems having all that power in its body and to then have it taken away has apparently humbled it somewhat, considering it was the one who struck up the conversation with Naruto, not the other way 'round. And while it's still attempting to persuade Naruto to release it, it did so in a more lighthearted fashion. Of course the thing in this chapter was the Fox voicing its 'concerns' about Naruto's intentions, bringing up a lot of the questions that most people here have been wondering. The trouble is that Naruto is keeping his cards close to his chest, though it's only a matter of time before we find out what exactly he's got in mind. I think this chapter is supposed to make people think back to 488, when Naruto he would tell everyone "when the time is right". Just have to hold out until then.

That last panel, it almost looks like Naruto is preparing to climb up onto the Fox's snout (like Bee does with the 8-tails). Wonder if next chapter will show a follow-up to that. Afterall, he intentionally walked inside the Fox's cage, there must be a reason for that.

Also, in the space of three chapters, Nagato has been referenced twice, a flashback in 535, and again in this chapter. I'm wondering now whether he IS coming back into the story as I've been speculating for a while.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#20 narutouzumaki50

narutouzumaki50

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hmm quite an interesting chapter
It burns to be me!!