• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

So basically what the title says, this topic is about anything you think is underrated or at least think it deserves more attention (even if it is semi-popular). It can be anything: music, anime, games, ect. Here's two things of mine ^^

Music

Vocaloid: Though it is pretty popular in the States, I still think it deserves more attention. Vocaloid is a voice synthesizer which is basically a voice which you can control the lyrics, pitch and tempo. A virtual singer. There are very talented producers out there who make the best songs. The Crypton Vocaloids are MEIKO, KAITO, Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin and Len, Megurine Luka and LILY. Hatsune Miku is my favorite and is concidered as the mascot of Vocaloid. There are also UTALOIDS which are fan made so the quality isn't that great but the most noticebly UTALOID in Kasane Teto

They even got their own concert! Lots of them acutally

there was also a concert at Anime Expo in 2011 called Mikunopolis. I attended and it was amazing! Hopefully they come back to LA again soon!

Games

Phantasy Star Online 2:

This is such an awesome game! It includes a very detailed character customization with 3 classes (hunter, shooter and force) and 3 races (human, elf, mecha). It is an MMO with multiparty feature and you can join any party in mid-game (if they allow it). The graphics are amazing and battle are really fun! Also it is free to play ;) The only down side is that it is only in Japanese so if you want to play even though you can't read Japanese go to this site http://bumped.org/ps...so2-guide-list/ it almost has everything in the game but because the game is open beta some info is outdated. 

This will show you how to download the game and set up a japanese sega account (which you will use to log in the game) http://kotaku.com/59...apanese-version

If anyone will like to take a shot at this game, I am Ariame, Level 20 Hunter in Ship 9. I will show you the ropes haha :D

Anyone have anything they think is underrated and would like to share?

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#2 PhantomCat

PhantomCat

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

My favorite Vocaloids are Megurine Luka, Kagamine Len and Rin. I didn't like them at first because I didn't like the song " The Disappearance of Hastune Miku" , Not my favorite song.

Phantasy Star Online 2 never heard of it but it looks interesting.

The Only I thought was underrated was My Little Pony.

Edited by PhantomCat, 29 May 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#3 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

I've been listening to a buttload of Metallica's Death Magnetic and I think it is an underrated album compared to the 1st five albums.  I believe that that album released in 2008, can stack up well against those great heavy metal albums of the 80s and the Black Album. 

Sure, it does not have James Hetfield's higher toned voice,  but then again, does anyone at all sound like that for thirty years?  No, someone is bound to blow his/her voice out if they sang the way Hetfield sang during the 80s and 90s.

Edited by Anguyen92, 29 May 2013 - 02:53 AM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#4 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

I think that Soup is underrated as food. I mean they always give it as a appetizer, and not a meal unless you go to tim hortons.I always like me a big bowl of soup.

Tsu.gif

#5 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Pringles are underrated. All the time people have Lays or fritos, but not Pringles.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#6 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

Pringles are underrated. All the time people have Lays or fritos, but not Pringles.

I love Pringles! I always eat them ^^ My fav is salt and vinegar which no one in my family besides my dad likes (more for me!)

More to the list:

Salyu: Japanese singer. Her music, especially her first songs really grip at one's soul despite any language barriers. I always seem to calm down when I listen to her songs. She even got a movie that was kinda dedicated to her but she was known as "Lily Chou Chou" in the movie (the movie is called "All About Lily Chou Chou"). Also, the first song in the list of videos below is featured in "Kill Bill".

Yohzo: Korean Singer. Some cute songs, others deeply moving, others upbeat ^^

Edited by coolcatjas, 30 May 2013 - 06:39 AM.

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#7 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Self-Reliance is underrated

...Also stove-popped popcorn. Screw microwave, throw some popcorn kernels and oil in a pot on the stove and you have the best popcorn ever!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users