Close
Photo

Grace's Blog!

• Please log in to reply
1199 replies to this topic

#1 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

Hoooo boy. Today's another one of those days where I managed to wake up during the wrong half of the day.<----I said "day" a lot, didn't I? tongue.gif

Got up at 4:30 PM only to find the house empty.... Guessing Mom took little brother somewhere *shrug*

HMMMM, what to do with myself now? I've been rewatching my favorite AMVs, though some of them make me cry (they're just so well done and so emotional!).

Maybe I'll go downstairs and eat? Yeah! Eating.

...eating's good.

Edited by Grace, 27 March 2013 - 04:55 AM.

#2 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:58 AM

Holy crap, "Nononono" is much more depressing than I'd anticipated. I mean, sure I figured it'd be sad, but now it's bordering into "holy kittene I'm so freaking glad I don't live their life".

Still, it's a pretty good manga and I'm looking forward to this flashback they're in now to end so we can see if anyone really figures out Nono's a girl =O !!

Edited by Kushina, 13 July 2010 - 06:19 AM.

#3 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:01 AM

WHY MOVIE-MAKERS? WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Why is it that for the Naruto movies, the creators feel the need to add either some random made-up version of Rasengan, or a female character that becomes attracted to Naruto? Granted, the "pointless females" are sort of Shippuuden only--and there are only two so far--, but that doesn't stop it from being annoying.

The Rasengan thing isn't so much annoying as it is.....almost cheesy. I can understand (I guess) feeling like it'd be cool to give the main character some new awesome move when he's in a pinch, but usually it just seems so spur-of-the-moment and stupid.

The "female character that will only be in this movie for the sake of letting Naruto give cool speeches and so she may develop a crush on him" thing, though, drives me nuts. It might not if I didn't ship Naruto with a preexisting female, but as I do do that it's obnoxious.

Yes, he's the main character, and yes, in shounen it's sometimes typical for the male lead to have tons of chicks want him even if he remains oblivious.

But for not just one, but two movies? Really? Is it that necessary to assert that girls might find Naruto attractive that you take every non-canon chance to make up some chicks to do the job?

*sigh* Again, this may just rub me the wrong way because in my mind he's meant to be with Sakura only, and thus these one-shot girls are pointless. But.....why is it these girls get the chance to interact way for physically with Naruto than Sakura ever does? arg.gif

--->Shion got a piggy-back ride, and asked Naruto (indirectly) to make babehs with her.
--->Amaru got to suck poison out of his leg, sad nicely off to the side while Naruto got the kittene beat out of him for her, and then shared a lovely free-fall with him while his face was in her boobs.

What the duce movies? Is it simply because these chicks are only gonna be around for the one movie that you let them have as much interaction as possible?

If so, KNOCK IT OFF.
.....please.

And let's not forget the filler-girl from the Sora-arc of the anime: Fuuka.

OOOOHH, I did not like her, not one little bit. Yes, she's filler and does not technically exist, and yes, she dies in the end, and YES her kisses were technically an attempt to kill Naruto.

......but that doesn't mean I was at all ok with her locking lips two or three times with him, kage bunshin or not arg.gif

Man....this all makes me sound like such a jealous fangirl..... sweat.gif

#4 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:28 AM

Don't worry, everyone has that jealous fangirl in them XD

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#5 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Jul 13 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry, everyone has that jealous fangirl in them XD

I know.... Which is why we should form an army and take over the studio that produces the movies! Our way or not at all! pirate.gif

#6 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hey, don't forget the part where Sakura comes barging in on Fuuka's "Rape kiss". It was NaruSaku, plus her reaction was hilarious! 111189.gif

#7 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Jul 14 2010, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, don't forget the part where Sakura comes barging in on Fuuka's "Rape kiss". It was NaruSaku, plus her reaction was hilarious! 111189.gif

This....is true XD

#8 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

BWAHAHAHA

I have finally managed to look--sort of--like Kushina on Solia! Finding a dress that would layer properly over a shirt took a while, but once they brought out the gingham dresses: cha-ching! Avatar-cosplay ahoy!

Not that having a decent avatar there really matters much anymore, since I almost never post sweat.gif

#9 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

You know, you shouldn't let those filler girls get on your nerves, the only purpose they serve is to help out the story, nothing more and besides they're fillers, so they don't contribute to the main storyline. sleep.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#10 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 14 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, you shouldn't let those filler girls get on your nerves, the only purpose they serve is to help out the story, nothing more and besides they're fillers, so they don't contribute to the main storyline. sleep.gif

But, but--! They get to hang all over Naruto arg.gif That is something my fangirl sensibilities cannot accept or like.

Besides, I bet if the animators tried they could come up with a character to move the fillers along without turning them into admirers >:/

#11 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

Oh oh oh!! I'm a "rookie" now! =D

I'm moving up in the world~ <3

Edited by Kushina, 14 July 2010 - 09:49 PM.

#12 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

Totally stole this from Sakura Blossoms' first blog post...

10 things you wish you could say to different people right now:

1. Oi, get off my back, will you?

2. Dude. Either dump the poor guy, or sit down and seriously consider just how poorly you treat him.

3. Hey, you remember me right? 'Cause I sure as hell remember you.

4. Hope you're having fun in France.

5. Stop. Calling. Me. By my last name! You're not coming across as charming with "Miss ____" all the time!

6. I miiiiiiiiss you! I really hope we can find time to hang out soon. I miss our combined antics.

7. Yes, I'm a manga nerd, get over it.

8. GET OVER YOURSELF. You're an intelligent guy, yes, but does that give you the right to be an arrogant prick to everyone else you deem below you?

9. If I told you all about my hobbies and fascinations, would you blow me off? Would I just become silly to you?

10. You. Me. Concert on the beach? 8D

09 things about yourself:

1. I am a very proud redhead.

2. I am a romance nut. I may not be into finding my own romance, but dammit all if I'm not addicted to the fictional stuff.

3. I wish I could say I read as much as I used to, but manga has pretty pictures....

4. Music moves me <3 And as an ADD child, having music playing really helps my brain stay focused since it has two things (at least) to occupy it.

5. I'm a crybaby. I know most of my friends assume I'm a steel fortress, but in actuality I'm one huge bleeding heart.

6. While I don't regret experiencing my first love, I really wish it had been someone else.

7. I'm 20 years old, but sometimes feel like a 15 year old with just how little ambition I have for getting a job or finding my dream career.

8. I have a wicked nasty sweet-tooth. My favorite sweet things are pastries, but not with fruits--those are just icky.

9. I have temper-issues, but I'm always trying to work on them. I've got it down to where I'm generally just a very passionate person, but there are still times where I can't help but explode...

08 ways to win your heart:

1. Enjoy life. Don't spend your time thinking it's cool to b*tch about everything.

2. Never take life or yourself too seriously. No one's that awesome that they should lord it over people.

3. Have a sense of humor. Be able to laugh at yourself, and not cruelly at others. If you can't laugh...there's no way you could be my friend XD

4. Be open-minded! Don't judge music, clothes, or personal preferences off the bat as a way to "know" people.

5. Be....balanced. Be a goof, but not all the time. Be rational, but not a stick-in-the-mud.

6. DON'T. CLING. Dear God, doesn't matter how much anyone loves anyone else, everyone needs their own air to breathe.

7. On the flip-side, don't be distant. I'm a sociable person, and if I like anyone (friend or otherwise), then be they warned: I like hugging.

8. Be honest if you love me, and in that honesty: don't forget to love yourself.

07 things that cross your mind a lot:

1. "I want to look up fan-goodies for this couple."
2. "God I could really go for some _______ right now."<----Usually some kind of food.
3. "I am such a dork XD"
4. How much of a dork I am, and how very much I enjoy it.
5. What am I gonna do after junior college? Could I really make a career out of massage? What if I suck at it?
6. "When's the next volume of this manga come out?!"
7. "I really hope I don't end up with diabetes like my grandma, grandpa, and cousin."

06 things you do before you fall asleep:

1. Double-check my email.
2. Put together a playlist of the music I'm gonna fall asleep to.
3. Cruise Youtube.
4. Make sure the water bottle by my bed is full.
5. Check "That Guy with the Glasses" for updates >>;;
6. Oogle whatever fanart I've picked up that day on my computer.

05 people who mean a lot:

1. My little brother.
2. My best friend.
3. My grandma.
4. My parents.
5. My buddies from high school/junior college.

04 things you're wearing right now:

1. Dark blue scrub pants.
2. A grayish-purple top.
3. My glasses.
4. Erm.....my chonies? D:

03 songs that you listen to often (currently):

1. Single Ladies by Beyonce
2. Lovestoned by Justin Timberlake
3. According to You by Orianthi

02 things you want to do before you die:

1. Live my own romance-story? *shrug* Be worth a go.
2. Live.

01 confession:
I actually like listening to Avril Lavigne, Taylor Swift, Ke$ha, and Nickelback.
I know most of the people I hang out with consider all of them "trash" or "posers", or whatever else have you, but in all honesty they're not that bad. They're not composing angelic symphonies, but their music can be enjoyable.
.......Taylor Swift still isn't country though =P

#13 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:33 AM

So.....holy crap, I'm one of those fangirls.

Y'know, those fangirls/boys that will buy a crap-ton of paraphernalia just for the sake of having stuff to represent their fandom?

Yeah. I'm one of those apparently XD

Today I found that someone had randomly sent me a birthday card (nearly two months late) via Amazon.com--it arrived through snail mail. Inside was a bizarre message with no name, saying that they'd forgotten to give me anything on my birthday because I hadn't reminded them. Also inside was a glorious gift-card for 75$ on Amazon.com!

8O !!!!

THANK YOU ANONYMOUS LATE-GIFT-GIVER.

So I mozey on over to A.com, right? First thing I look up is the first boxed set of Shippuuden, since I'd been meaning to grab it for myself. Checked the price, found it reasonable, and added it to my cart. Once that happened, though, the page reloaded and showed me many other glorious things that "you might like as well".

AND THEY WERE RIGHT.

There were so many random, fabulous prizes! A decent-looking Tsunade's necklace, Naruto's gama-purse, an adorable Iruka-sensei patch--it just went on and on!

25 pages later, and I'd made my final choices (though it was hard to turn down a lot of the stuff I saw....).

In the end I ordered:

--->Naruto Shippuuden Box-set #1
--->An Ichiraku Ramen t-shirt (it looks so freaking cool <333)
--->the iron-on Iruka patch
--->A Shippuuden tote-bag with Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi in the corner. The main image is the Leaf-symbol made up of variously colored shuriken
--->a Part 1 Naruto button =^ o^=
--->another Part 1 Naruto button...... Leave me alone, he was a cute kid arg.gif
--->a dog-tag necklace with the Uzumaki symbol
--->a Sai flashlight keychain
--->Naruto's gama-purse
--->a brown-suede wallet with post-time-skip Naruto on it
--->Tsunade's necklace
--->a necklace with the Leaf-symbol+a little gold heart (it's not as stupid-looking as it sounds)

.......GEE. I'M NOT A FANTARD AT ALL, AM I? But come on: I had 75 freaking dollars with no strings attached, and I was sprung into a fangirl's paradise. What else was I supposed to do besides go wild? argh1.png

#14 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:38 AM

Give it to charity?

JLHza2T.png

#15 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 15 2010, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give it to charity?

.....on a gift-card for Amazon?

Does that work? headscratch.gif

#16 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 15 2010, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.....on a gift-card for Amazon?

Does that work? headscratch.gif

Don't ask me sweatdrop.gif

JLHza2T.png

#17 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 15 2010, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't ask me sweatdrop.gif

I checked Amazon.com and you cannot use your monies for charities through the site (though that's a cool idea now that I think about it).

I was feeling a little guilty at the thought of maybe passing up being a good human in favor of being a fangirl, but I am absolved! a_dance.gif

#18 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 16 2010, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I checked Amazon.com and you cannot use your monies for charities through the site (though that's a cool idea now that I think about it).

I was feeling a little guilty at the thought of maybe passing up being a good human in favor of being a fangirl, but I am absolved! a_dance.gif

Don't feel bad I would've just bought a bunch of clothes since I have such a limited wardrobe.

JLHza2T.png

#19 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 15 2010, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't feel bad I would've just bought a bunch of clothes since I have such a limited wardrobe.

OH SHI-- I can be such a dunderhead! Totally flew over my head that school's coming up and I need new clothes. I think I've got two pairs of jeans that fit anymore, and six or so shirts that are decent to leave the house in arg.gif
Totally hear you on the limited wardrobe facepalm.png

At least I bought one t-shirt.....

#20 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 16 2010, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH SHI-- I can be such a dunderhead! Totally flew over my head that school's coming up and I need new clothes. I think I've got two pairs of jeans that fit anymore, and six or so shirts that are decent to leave the house in arg.gif
Totally hear you on the limited wardrobe facepalm.png

At least I bought one t-shirt.....

Yeah I wore out most of my clothes this summer. Every year I need to remind myself not to wear shirts when kayaking cause it makes rip argh1.png. Good luck finding some clothes, if there's a goodwill by you they usually have something to wear (like 99 cent jeans!). If your addicted to band Tees like me every once in a while you find some.

JLHza2T.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users