• This topic is locked This topic is locked
831 replies to this topic

#561 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:49 PM

All I can say on the subject of Obito really is this, Darth Vader he killed people hell caused his own wife's death let a Planet be blown up and people love him, but I'm not hear to talk about all that rather that I want each and everyone one to know this. Something you all are forgetting that will sadly happen in the end of Naruto and That is Sasuke living Sasuke never getting the punishment that he should be getting for all that he has done.

Hell Itachi said it best, that when some tries to harm their own comrades never die a decent death, but we all know that Sasuke will live, hell at least ever other past villain is dead which is punishment then a former villain goes back to being good they die. Something I just know Sasuke will not get he gets the free pass and will have no punishment. 

I mean now that I think about it why did Kakashi lose his Sharigan, so Sasuke would not be all Oh its part of my clan only we can have it or some other BS.

#562 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

After thinking about it... this chapter basically explained itself. Hand Waving Obito's crimes is no different then what's likely to happen to Sasuke

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#563 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

Evil is evil James and the piblems is that you are trying to hard to justify Obito by using another character, even if you say Sasuke is evil Obito is evil so using one to excuse the other is pointless you don't justify bad with another bad that only makes two bad and zero good.

#564 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

It wasn't Rin's death alone that drove him to the dark side. He was also heavily influenced by Madara who promised him things. Do you think Obito would have been evil if Madara never got to him? He'd be dead really. Not only that, but we have other villains who were evil for even lesser reasons.

He made not have been, but its academic at this point because he did and Obito made the decision to follow him and continue to do so even after he died.

I suspect when Madara's role came out, especially when it was revealed he was behind Rin, that this was the kind of blame shifting Kishimoto had in mind. I think their both culpable. Of course, Madara himself was manipulated. And Kaguya appears to be as well.

Hence the ongoing complaint that no is ever held responsible for the choices they make.

As well, there are so many characters who have tragics pasts and didn't go evil. Let's make a comparison.

Why did Madara become evil? He became evil because his brothers were killed in a war and he was jealous of everyone loving Hashirama.
Hashirama lost brothers too in the same war and he still became good. So basically, jealousy is what drove Madara evil.

Sasuke lost his family and became an anti-hero seeking revenge. Then he turned evil because Danzo forced Itachi into that situation. Then he became an an anti-hero again for no real reason.
Naruto has no parents, everyone hated him in the beginning and saw him as a monster and he was mostly alone. Did he become evil? No.
Gaara too. Whole clan hated him, saw him as a monster, etc and he eventually became good. (Not only that, but both Naruto and Gaara both had parents that wanted the best for them and nobody listened.)

Obito became evil due to Rin dying and Madara's corruption.
Tsunade lost her lover too and she didn't become evil. Just depressed.

Part 2's problem in a nutshell. No responsibility to be found. It is always someone else's fault.

So basically whatever villain you want to bring into the equation to explain their reasons what you deem "acceptable" is really a subjective view and I could easily say all reasons for their bad behavior is unacceptable with them all being spoiled brats and throwing a hissy fit because they didn't get what they wanted. Orochimaru's reason for being evil is even less than Obito's reasons, but I don't see anyone really complaining about this one....and he was a major villain in the beginning. Kabuto also had weak reasons for being evil and he was only semi-tragic.

So here is a better idea: what has been the best reason why some turned evil and we shall go from there. We will go down the list from best to worst. I'll say right now, Obito's reason are not the best, but they are not the worst either.

Is there any good reason to become evil for that matter? As I said above, we all have breaking points and some are more harsh than others. Obito's case is not too far off from what I have seen of others. I know this guy who lost his father to cancer. After that, he became a total ass and sold drugs on the side even getting into gang warefare. I have seen people become bad over less reasons. Trust me.

In criminal law, it's what is known as a mitigating circumstance. Why someone might get life over death, 20 or 30 years instead of 60, or a reduced charge. The thing to note though, is that they are still punished because it doesn't make their choice right or justify harming someone else. There are also some cases where the wrong is so egregious that nothing can really mitigate. Obito is well into that territory. His basis isn't the flimsiest, Danzo's probably is, but his crimes are so awful that I cannot bring myself to care. He wanted to take EVERYONE's life from them no matter what they felt because of his own opinions on the matter.

If Hitler had lived long enough for the Nuremberg trials, would anyone have really cared why he murdered 6 millions jews? I suppose on a "let's find a way to make sure it never happens again level" but in terms of deciding his fate? I'd bet the only concern was that he, in fact, had that many people put to death.

After thinking about it... this chapter basically explained itself. Hand Waving Obito's crimes is no different then what's likely to happen to Sasuke

You go it. I think Sasuke fighting on the good side (without really being good yet) is much like Obito taking it for the team. It'll be the reason Naruto can hand wave Sasuke's culpability.

#565 only Naruto

only Naruto

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:01 AM

Anti-Naruhina-naruto-10811483-394-500.jp

I agree with Lee Kishi should take some lessons from him   -_- sasunaru_by_ninja_noodles-d35lomx.jpg

i cant see the picture .  :sweat: . please send it again .  i can  only see lees finger .lo l :lol:

Edited by only Naruto, 03 August 2014 - 05:02 AM.

#566 talkNOjutsu

talkNOjutsu

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Reading books, Browsing the Internet, Driving , Football.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

I hope Kishimoto makes Sasuke a wanderer or else settle down in some village other than Konoha. If Sasuke ends up being the second most important person of Konoha (first one being Hokage Naruto) and people like Kakashi, Shikamaru are overlooked for this jerk who betrayed the village and tried to wipe it out, I am gonna puke  :sick:

#567 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

I hope Kishimoto makes Sasuke a wanderer or else settle down in some village other than Konoha. If Sasuke ends up being the second most important person of Konoha (first one being Hokage Naruto) and people like Kakashi, Shikamaru are overlooked for this jerk who betrayed the village and tried to wipe it out, I am gonna puke  :sick:

Come on. You know that is precisely what's gonna happen.

You have too high hopes for Kishi.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#568 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

Hm...with Sasuke's inevitable redemption, and I doubt he's going to die...it'll be interesting how Kishi portray others' response to him and ultimately how he's treated by the village. Since all of the other redeemed people have died and as has been pointed out (correctly so), that Naruto hasn't had to deal with other's disagreement with his actions.

Naruto's friends do or have supported his goal of bringing Sasuke back, though, including Tsunade. So, it's possible it could just get waved off, too.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#569 talkNOjutsu

talkNOjutsu

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Reading books, Browsing the Internet, Driving , Football.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

Come on. You know that is precisely what's gonna happen.

You have too high hopes for Kishi.

One can always hope though. Most of the redeemed bad ninjas have ended up dead but that's an improbable fate for Sasuke. The next best punishment would be sending him somewhere faraway from Konoha so that he can avoid scratches to his 'handsome' face. Because the villagers might not be as forgivable as their Hokage  :hehehe:

#570 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

"second most important person"? b*tch please he's as much of a main character as Naruto at this point, hell Minato practically even says this at one point.

That and this entire reincarnation story arc going on pretty much confirms that Kishi's going the Aang/Zuko route.  Except ofcourse there's a huge difference between the two.

Zuko - "Let's rebuild this world together bruh"

Aang - "You know it! Man its so great that we're best buds now"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke - "Im going to rebuild this world"

Naruto - "Yeah let's do it together!"

Edited by Pepsi, 03 August 2014 - 07:46 AM.

eh10ut.jpg

#571 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

One can always hope though. Most of the redeemed bad ninjas have ended up dead but that's an improbable fate for Sasuke. The next best punishment would be sending him somewhere faraway from Konoha so that he can avoid scratches to his 'handsome' face. Because the villagers might not be as forgivable as their Hokage  :hehehe:

Do you think Naruto gives a kitten about what the villager says about Sasuke? This chapter made it pretty much clear that he doesn't, and that he won't face any consequences regarding that matter. Even if he does, he's just going to go with his talk-no jutsu and sway them to think Sasuke is a hero. Sasuke not going back to Konoha is NOT an option, because bringing Sasuke back is part of his goal. The manga won't end with Naruto not accomplishing his goal.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 03 August 2014 - 08:15 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#572 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

Do you think Naruto gives a kitten about what the villager says about Sasuke? Even if he does, he's just going to go with his talk-no jutsu and sway them to think Sasuke is a hero. Sasuke not going back to Konoha is NOT an option, because bringing Sasuke back is part of his goal. The manga won't end with Naruto not accomplishing his goal.

This might be the first thing Naruto does as Hokage :chuckle: Naruto's first speech to the people- a mass TnJ standing over the Hokage office balcony  :lmao:

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#573 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

Do you think Naruto gives a kitten about what the villager says about Sasuke? This chapter made it pretty much clear that he doesn't, and that he won't face any consequences regarding that matter. Even if he does, he's just going to go with his talk-no jutsu and sway them to think Sasuke is a hero. Sasuke not going back to Konoha is NOT an option, because bringing Sasuke back is part of his goal. The manga won't end with Naruto not accomplishing his goal.

Unfortunately that's correct. If Naruto says Sasuke is a hero and he should be worshiped for what he did; the rest of the people that follow the "Naruto religion" will obey, no questions asked.

And also what Sasuke did or will continue to do won't matter. It's all water under the bridge.

Edited by Nostradamus, 03 August 2014 - 08:56 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#574 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

Unfortunately that's correct. If Naruto says Sasuke is a hero and he should be worshiped for what he did; the rest of the people that follow the "Naruto religion" will obey, no questions asked.

And also what Sasuke did or will continue to do won't matter. It's all water under the bridge.

All very true of course BUT Sasuke won't heed to Naruto's wishes. He'll do what he wants to do. That's the only thing I like about Sasuke.

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#575 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

Evil is evil James and the piblems is that you are trying to hard to justify Obito by using another character, even if you say Sasuke is evil Obito is evil so using one to excuse the other is pointless you don't justify bad with another bad that only makes two bad and zero good.

"Part, fools! Put up your swords; you know not what you do"
-Benvolio

Actually, Don-Kun, it's you guys trying to find justifiable reasons for why obito is evil. You guys wouldn't stop bringing up every single week on how you guys hate Obito and why his reasons are stupid and how selfish he is. Every villain is selfish or wanted something that made them desire power for it.

A lot of you here keep saying "Rin's death is no excuse to become evil and his reasons are the worst reasons ever." Why are YOU GUYS trying to justify Obito's evil intentions and not accepting what did drive him over the edge? Really you guys are literally letting your hatred of a character to justify your harsh criticism. Yeah, I do it with Sasuke too, but at least I admit it. You guys are doing it and then claiming you are not because you feel that your opinions are righteous.

What's even worse is when I bring an argument or a truth you guys keep ignoring and you tell me off and think I am the one trying to justify it. No, it's you guys that keep bringing it up every week instead of just accepting it. Why? Because he killed Kushina and Neji? You guys obviously don't really give a kitten about Konan or Torune, but you apparently give a crap about all the nameless ninja who you don't know whether or not they did bad themselves and many of which could have deserved death just as much as Obito did. So did Obito do a favor in some cases? That's the excuse you give to Sasuke all the time. "Sasuke killed Danzo, but that's okay because he was a prick anyway. He actually did people a favor." That justifies murder? Really? Do you guys really know how stupid you all sound with this double standard? What if Konan deserved death for all the crimes she may commited? You can't sit here and say she didn't do anything.

Here is an even better thing: Why are you guys trying to justify Sasuke's reasons? I see every single week again how everyone pities Sasuke and how he is a such a poor boy. No, he isn't. Just because you have a tragic past doesn't mean you are poor and here I can show you characters that are good and righteous at heart and their stories are just as tragic or worse. How do you guys explain them? You don't. You just brush it away and never apply it to the equation. If you really don't care about it, you handwave it.

So in essence NONE of these villains have a "good excuse" to become the evil villains that they have become. There is no such thing as a "good excuse." There is only reasons and every reason is different. Hell, Obito even said he could give Naruto exactly what he wanted and that he didn't have to live in suffering anymore and Naruto refused it. Is there a "good excuse" for being good?  You guys are literally judging something that you cannot even judge and you should all know better.

Like I said, what villain has a good reason for what they did? You guys are so busy trying to label black and white when really the entire story is nothing, but shades of grey. There is logic in what these people do, but just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it is a "bad reason." There is no good or bad reason behind it, it's just reasons. People are different. I'll even apply that logic to real life like right now

Why are some of you still reading this manga when you all hate it so much and never stop complaining?
"We came this far I should see it to the end."
Really? Well, guess what? I find that to be a terrible excuse and there is no reason why should you keep reading this manga if you hate it so much. I don't feel pity for your torture.

See? You all have your reasons or excuses to do what you do and they are your reasons. Just because I don't accept those reasons doesn't mean those reasons are any less viable. I can apply the same logic here and I can apply the same logic to all of you. Hell, some of you hate being proven wrong. You absolutly hate being told that you are wrong and hate being criticized for it meanwhile the same people are criticizing others for the same thing. Give me a break.

I'll go even deeper and say that the criticism you all put on Obito's reasons is stupid and you all have never experience true loss if you have never found yourself that low. Does it matter that I think your opinions are crap? Of course not. Your reasons are your reasons.

Some of you love Sasuke and think he is such a deep character always apologizing or justifying his actions on a daily basis. I think he is the worst character ever written. I love Obito though because his story in its entirely actually is succinct. His story actually gives him a proper redemption because he actually crossed the line to be redeemed from. This is unlike Sasuke who only straddles that line and never crosses it. Sasuke's "forgiveness" is so easy to you guys. It's not even a redemption; more like a salvation. No such thing as "Sasuke's redemption" because apparently he has "a good reason to be evil" according to you guys.

Who are you to judge other people on their reasons? Who are you to say that another person's reasons are pathetic and then think everything you do is justifiable? I am pretty sure some of you have done something really stupid for reasons that are are far less warrented. Ever think that maybe this is exactly how Naruto sees it? That in reality none of us are perfect, but that doesn't mean we can't be better. I have criticized Naruto's logic before, but I have never criticized his motives or his understanding of other people. Like I said countless times before, Superman is the exact same way and even he admits that "Good isn't perfect."

Every single logic I have read by some of you are more or less the same logic I apply to what I feel...just different applications. Kind of funny how we can use the same equation and get different results, yet I am the only one who sees that. How many here have actually noticed that?

If I apply your very own logic on your criticism of Obito, then I can just easily handwave it all by saying: "So What? Evil is Evil." That sort of thing. So let me reverse the logic on all of you. ENOUGH with the bulllcrap that is criticizing Obito and his reasons for what he did. ENOUGH with the long ass posts on how you take offense to Naruto's words because you believe Obito deserved to be tortured or something. You basically become no better than the villain you are trying to fight. Don't sit here and try to criticize my reasons for hating Sasuke only to turn around and use the same logic to apply to Obito and hate him for it and get mad because you don't see what you are doing. Evil is Evil and the reasons don't matter as you all say. So what?

I am so sick of people being selective with their logic and only applying it to what they want to apply it. You guys are becoming more and more hypocritical every single day the more you do it. I know you all hate that word and you hate being judged and stuff like that, but if you really take a step back instead of thinking this tunnel vision that some fo you have, maybe you can finally see the bigger picture in play here.

GET OVER IT. Naruto respects Obito. GET OVER IT. I got over Sasuke and his bullcrap and accepted that he is not going to get the punishment he deserves. I have accepted and got over the fact that Naruto sees Sasuke as a "great friend." Now, I am more satericial about it. I got over The Kage Summit Arc and all that happened there. It is what it is and I am tired of people opening their mouths and saying stupid things when they have no clue what they are talking about. (Ex. I am tired of people thinking I am an SasuKarin fan all because I think it is going to happen. I don't have to like a pairing to know it is going to happen.) Not only have I gotten over it, but I have basically just accepted everything in Sasuke's story now so there is no surpises. You can't get me to like him, but you can't get me to hate him more either. He is basically the lowest character in this show now to me, but whatever. He is essential to the plot. I can't change that.

I get it. Some of you hate Obito with a passion and you think his story is stupid. That's fine. I don't care, but the least you can do is understand that the same reasons you hate him are the same reasons why I hate Sasuke or how others hate other characters.

"Obito's reason for being evil are stupid and they are shallow"
So are Sasuke's and I feel he has even less of a reason to be evil

"Obito killed people and he is not going to get punished for it."
So did Sasuke and we all know he is going to get forgiven. At least Obito paid with his life and did not want to die a monster. This is unlike Sasuke who still doesn't really care about anyone else and their lives are meaningless to him. Hell, death might be a a gift seeing how you just get to see your loved ones again. Sasuke committing suicide would give him everything he wanted and makes pride meaningless.

"Obito doesn't deserve the praise he gets from Naruto"
Neither does Sasuke, but that's Naruto for you. That is part of his character. Naruto is meant to end the hatred, not continue it. If he were to seek vengence for his parent's death, then he would be no better than Sasuke, Obito, and Madara.

To paraphrase Jack Sparrow
There is a fundemental truth in this world. What a man can do and what a man cannot do. You can accept that Naruto respects Obito or you can't. Obito is dead now. He is not going to recieve the punishment you want him to get and he is not coming back. Move on.

I'm done. You guys don't want to admit the truths, that's fine. I am just done with it. You all hate Obito, but you love Sasuke so much and just handwave Sasuke away thinking everything is okay. That's fine. I don't care anymore. The forum's logic has really starting to go down the tubes anyway with people freaking out over cover pages and freaking out over a chapter that wasn't even romantic at all and claiming it a moment. I just think it is sad that you just don't realize what you guys are doing.

Just a piece of advice for the future: Next time before you freak out or overly judge something, take a step back. Really look at the picture entirely instead of just living moment by moment. Maybe you'll see something you missed...maybe you won't.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 04 August 2014 - 07:17 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#576 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

"Part, fools! Put up your swords; you know not what you do"
-Benvolio

Actually, Don-Kun, it's you guys trying to find justifiable reasons for why obito is evil. You guys wouldn't keep bringing up every single week on how you guys hate Obito and why his reasons are stupid and how selfish he is. Every villain is selfish or wanted something that made them desire power for it.

A lot of you here keep saying "Rin's death is no excuse to become evil and his reasons are the worst reasons ever." Why are YOU GUYS trying to justify Obito's evil intentions and not accepting what did drive him over the edge? Really you guys are literally letting your hatred of a character to justify your harsh criticism. Yeah, I do it with Sasuke too, but at least I admit it. You guys are doing it and then claiming you are not because you feel that your opinions are righteous.

What's even worse is when I bring an argument or a truth you guys keep ignoring and you tell me off and think I am the one trying to justify it. No, it's you guys that keep bringing it up every week instead of just accepting it. Why? Because he killed Kushina and Neji? You guys obviously don't really give a kitten about Konan or Torune, but you apparently give a crap about all the nameless ninja who you don't know whether or not they did bad themselves and many of which could have deserved death just as much as Obito did. So did Obito do a favor in some cases? That's the excuse you give to Sasuke all the time. "Sasuke killed Danzo, but that's okay because he was a prick anyway. He actually did people a favor." That justifies murder? Really? Do you guys really know how stupid you all sound with this double standard? What if Konan deserved death for all the crimes she may commited? You can't sit here and say she didn't do anything.

Here is an even better thing: Why are you guys trying to justify Sasuke's reasons? I see every single week again how everyone pities Sasuke and how he is a such a poor boy. No, he isn't. Just because you have a tragic past doesn't mean you are poor and here I can show you characters that are good and righteous at heart and their stories are just as tragic or worse. How do you guys explain them? You don't. You just brush it away and never apply it to the equation. If you really don't care about it, you handwave it.

So in essence NONE of these villains have a "good excuse" to become the evil villains that they have become. There is no such thing as a "good excuse." There is only reasons and every reason is different. Hell, Obito even said he could give Naruto exactly what he wanted and that he didn't have to live in suffering anymore and Naruto refused it. Is there a "good excuse" for being good?  You guys are literally judging something that you cannot even judge and you should all know better.

Like I said, what villain has a good reason for what they did? You guys are so busy trying to label black and white when really the entire story is nothing, but shades of grey. There is logic in what these people do, but just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it is a "bad reason." There is no good or bad reason behind it, it's just reasons. People are different. I'll even apply that logic to real life like right now

Why are some of you still reading this manga when you all hate it so much and never stop complaining?
"We came this far I should see it to the end."
Really? Well, guess what? I find that to be a terrible excuse and there is no reason why should you keep reading this manga if you hate it so much. I don't feel pity for your torture.

See? You all have your reasons or excuses to do what you do and they are your reasons. Just because I don't accept those reasons doesn't mean those reasons are any less viable. I can apply the same logic here and I can apply the same logic to all of you. Hell, some of you hate being proven wrong. You absolutly hate being told that you are wrong and hate being criticized for it meanwhile the same people are criticizing others for the same thing. Give me a break.

I'll go even deeper and say that the criticism you all put on Obito's reasons is stupid and you all have never experience true loss if you have never found yourself that low. Does it matter that I think your opinions are crap? Of course not. Your reasons are your reasons.

Some of you love Sasuke and think he is such a deep character always apologizing or justifying his actions on a daily basis. I think he is the worst character ever written. I love Obito though because his story in its entirely actually is succinct. His story actually gives him a proper redemption because he actually crossed the line to be redeemed from. This is unlike Sasuke who only straddles that line and never crosses it. Sasuke's "forgiveness" is so easy to you guys. It's not even a redemption; more like a salvation. No such thing as "Sasuke's redemption" because apparently he has "a good reason to be evil" according to you guys.

Who are you to judge other people on their reasons? Who are you to say that another person's reasons are pathetic and then think everything you do is justifiable? I am pretty sure some of you have done something really stupid for reasons that are are far less warrented. Ever think that maybe this is exactly how Naruto sees it? That in reality none of us are perfect, but that doesn't mean we can't be better. I have criticized Naruto's logic before, but I have never criticized his motives or his understanding of other people. Like I said countless times before, Superman is the exact same way and even he admits that "Good isn't perfect."

Every single logic I have read by some of you are more or less the same logic I apply to what I feel...just different applications. Kind of funny how we can use the same equation and get different results, yet I am the only one who sees that. How many here have actually noticed that?

If I apply your very own logic on your criticism of Obito, then I can just easily handwave it all by saying: "So What? Evil is Evil." That sort of thing. So let me reverse the logic on all of you. ENOUGH with the bulllcrap that is criticizing Obito and his reasons for what he did. ENOUGH with the long ass posts on how you take offense to Naruto's words because you believe Obito deserved to be tortured or something. You basically become no better than the villain you are trying to fight. Don't sit here and try to criticize my reasons for hating Sasuke only to turn around and use the same logic to apply to Obito and hate him for it and get mad because you don't see what you are doing. Evil is Evil and the reasons don't matter as you all say. So what?

I am so sick of people being selective with their logic and only applying it to what they want to apply it. You guys are becoming more and more hypocritical every single day the more you do it. I know you all hate that word and you hate being judged and stuff like that, but if you really take a step back instead of thinking this tunnel vision that some fo you have, maybe you can finally see the bigger picture in play here.

GET OVER IT. Naruto respects Obito. GET OVER IT. I got over Sasuke and his bullcrap and accepted that he is not going to get the punishment he deserves. I have accepted and got over the fact that Naruto sees Sasuke as a "great friend." Now, I am more satericial about it. I got over The Kage Summit Arc and all that happened there. It is what it is and I am tired of people opening their mouths and saying stupid things when they have no clue what they are talking about. (Ex. I am tired of people thinking I am an SasuKarin fan all because I think it is going to happen. I don't have to like a pairing to know it is going to happen.) Not only have I gotten over it, but I have basically just accepted everything in Sasuke's story now so there is no surpises. You can't get me to like him, but you can't get me to hate him more either. He is basically the lowest character in this show now to me, but whatever. He is essential to the plot. I can't change that.

I get it. Some of you hate Obito with a passion and you think his story is stupid. That's fine. I don't care, but the least you can do is understand that the same reasons you hate him are the same reasons why I hate Sasuke or how others hate other characters.

"Obito's reason for being evil are stupid and they are shallow"
So are Sasuke's and I feel he has even less of a reason to be evil

"Obito killed people and he is not going to get punished for it."
So did Sasuke and we all know he is going to get forgiven. At least Obito paid with his life and did not want to die a monster. This is unlike Sasuke who still doesn't really care about anyone else and their lives are meaningless to him. Hell, death might be a a gift seeing how you just get to see your loved ones again. Sasuke committing suicide would give him everything he wanted and makes pride meaningless.

"Obito doesn't deserve the praise he gets from Naruto"
Neither does Sasuke, but that's Naruto for you. That is part of his character. Naruto is meant to end the hatred, not continue it. If he were to seek vengence for his parent's death, then he would be no better than Sasuke, Obito, and Madara.

To paraphrase Jack Sparrow
There is a fundemental truth in this world. What a man can do and what a man cannot do. You can accept that Naruto respects Obito or you can't. Obito is dead now. He is not going to recieve the punishment you want him to get and he is not coming back. Move on.

I'm done. You guys don't want to admit the truths, that's fine. I am just done with it. You all hate Obito, but you love Sasuke so much and just handwave Sasuke away thinking everything is okay. That's fine. I don't care anymore. The forum's logic has really starting to go down the tubes anyway with people freaking out over cover pages and freaking out over a chapter that wasn't even romantic at all and claiming it a moment. I just think it is sad that you just don't realize what you guys are doing.

Just a piece of advice for the future: Next time before you freak out or overly judge something, take a step back. Really look at the picture entirely instead of just living moment by moment. Maybe you'll see something you missed...maybe you won't.

Says the guy who shows the forum how much you hate Sasuke every week when Sasuke gets panel time.
The pot calling the kettle black.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 03 August 2014 - 01:33 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#577 Lilac

Lilac

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

Obito has a much weaker reason for turning evil than Sasuke did. He saw Rin die and then decided that was enough to go along with Madara's plans. Sasuke went down a long road to end up where he's at now. I can't agree with Obito being less evil/more justified than Sasuke, he just...isn't. Deciding to destroy the entire world because your crush died is extremely selfish.

#578 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

I'm sorry but the people who defend Obito really need to reconsider. Everytime I watch RtN and the part where Minato and Kushina give their final words to baby Naruto my  hatred for Obito reaches a higher level. Kushina cries her heart out because she won't be able to watch her son grow up, all because of that horrible scumbag. I feel like punching Obito in the face!

There is no character I despise more than Obito.

Edited by ns.Believe.It, 03 August 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#579 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

I'm sorry but the people who defend Obito really need to reconsider. Everytime I watch RtN and the part where Minato and Kushina give their final words to baby Naruto my  hatred for Obito reaches a higher level. Kushina cries her heart out because she won't be able to watch her son grow up, all because of that horrible scumbag. I feel like punching Obito in the face!
There is no character I despise more than Obito.

This is just one of his evil deeds and despite after this and other stuff he's called a "cool" guy by Naruto.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 03 August 2014 - 02:11 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#580 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

"second most important person"? b*tch please he's as much of a main character as Naruto at this point, hell Minato practically even says this at one point.

That and this entire reincarnation story arc going on pretty much confirms that Kishi's going the Aang/Zuko route.  Except ofcourse there's a huge difference between the two.

Zuko - "Let's rebuild this world together bruh"

Aang - "You know it! Man its so great that we're best buds now"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke - "Im going to rebuild this world"

Naruto - "Yeah let's do it together!"

And then years later Zuko laid his hands on Katara and Aang was about to kitten smack him but Katara calmed Aang down. It was pretty funny.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users