Close
Photo

Something Sakura should have asked herself.

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:49 AM

:lmao: Maybe Sakura is actively trying to create a sad backstory for herself since she has none. "I'll marry Sasuke, have a kid and in a few years of torture I will leave him and be go back to being a Kunoichi with a tragic past." 
Jk, mostly. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#42 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

:lmao: Maybe Sakura is actively trying to create a sad backstory for herself since she has none. "I'll marry Sasuke, have a kid and in a few years of torture I will leave him and be go back to being a Kunoichi with a tragic past." 
Jk, mostly. 

She just comes off as incredibly self-centered and immature, and a worse character than the Part 1 Sakura. Part 1 Sakura would never have tried to be with a Sasuke who was never going to be around... She wanted Sasuke because of what it would mean for her own life. Being acknowledged by him. Not being his servant while he's in another country. Like it was never about selflessly helping Sasuke. She wanted Sasuke as an accessory that would improve her life, basically. Instead she becomes his property. It's so nonsensical.

Edited by DrK, 26 November 2017 - 12:52 AM.

#43 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:55 AM

Ultimately it just regresses her character like everyone's said like 10000xx There is just no getting around it. Kishimoto can break his back trying to bend over and explain it all away, but the facts are the facts. People who grow up grow OUT of people. the whole "She'd be shallow" thing is tripe. She's shallow NOT to move on. 

#44 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

Ultimately it just regresses her character like everyone's said like 10000xx There is just no getting around it. Kishimoto can break his back trying to bend over and explain it all away, but the facts are the facts. People who grow up grow OUT of people. the whole "She'd be shallow" thing is tripe. She's shallow NOT to move on. 

Yeah, and it makes Naruto look like a hypocrite as well as Sakura looking like she never cared about Naruto. XP

#45 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, and it makes Naruto look like a hypocrite as well as Sakura looking like she never cared about Naruto. XP

The confession would have been defensible if she didn't ultimately end up with him, but the only interpretation after 699 is that she cared more about Sasuke still. Which makes her look horrendous considering she knows nothing about him at all, he doesn't really even like her, and her and Naruto saved each other's lives several times. Character suicide.

Like if anyone was transported into the Naruto world into the body of Haruno Sakura and had events transpire in the exact same way, they must have been psychotic to begin with. I mean, make Naruto work for it if you want. But at the end of the day the other guy tried to kill you and tortured you with visions of your own death. It's not a very difficult choice.

#46 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:02 AM

I realized the answer to the last question I asked, "Why was Kishimoto willing to do that to Sakura?" (read: destroy her character and make her unhappy and miserable)

It's because if Sakura was still really strong, capable and happy despite being married to Sasuke, she might actually look awesome. Like with Vegeta x Bulma, Vegeta's absence never made Bulma look bad. She has tons of money and she's a strong, independent woman. So if Sakura still had the same strength of character that she used to have, she could still look pretty good.

This is not something that Kishimoto wanted, because then Sakura would probably look better than Hinata. Because Hinata is pathetic in any event.

So Sakura was made to look awful so that Hinata would look better by comparison.

Edited by DrK, 05 December 2017 - 05:15 AM.

#47 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

So Sakura everyone was made to look awful so that Hinata would look better by comparison.

Fixed it. Yeah Sakura got the blunt of it, but actually every character got pushed aside to make Hinata seem better.
Neji, who everyone loved more than Hinata and was a better Hyuga, was killed off to as Kishimoto said "be the cupid to Naruto and Hinata."
Hanabi was kidnapped, had her eyes ripped out, and such to have this stupid scene of HInata feeling sorry for herself and Naruto needed to comfort her. Yes, Hinata, you are a bad sister because you are selfish.

It also explains why Sasuke never showed up to the party of Naruto the Last even though he is the second strongest ninja in the world because we all know that in reality....if Sasuke was around Naruto would not pay Hinata any attention. And if they can;t jsut have Naruto ignore Sasuke for Hinata because that would look even more ridiculous and Hinata would not have her rip-off moment of her and Naruto "combining powers" and being almost an exact rip-off of Naruto's and Sasuke's combo attack.

Hinata is the true villain of the series and it is probably her controlling the IT. Maybe that is what it is. Hinata took control of the IT from Madara and made it all revolve around her.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#48 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:59 AM

Fixed it. Yeah Sakura got the blunt of it, but actually every character got pushed aside to make Hinata seem better.
Neji, who everyone loved more than Hinata and was a better Hyuga, was killed off to as Kishimoto said "be the cupid to Naruto and Hinata."
Hanabi was kidnapped, had her eyes ripped out, and such to have this stupid scene of HInata feeling sorry for herself and Naruto needed to comfort her. Yes, Hinata, you are a bad sister because you are selfish.

It also explains why Sasuke never showed up to the party of Naruto the Last even though he is the second strongest ninja in the world because we all know that in reality....if Sasuke was around Naruto would not pay Hinata any attention. And if they can;t jsut have Naruto ignore Sasuke for Hinata because that would look even more ridiculous and Hinata would not have her rip-off moment of her and Naruto "combining powers" and being almost an exact rip-off of Naruto's and Sasuke's combo attack.

Hinata is the true villain of the series and it is probably her controlling the IT. Maybe that is what it is. Hinata took control of the IT from Madara and made it all revolve around her.

Even the Burrito anime made Hanabi look WAY better both physically and personality-wise. And unlike Hinatatas, Hanabi actually tried to help and train Burrito and co. Just a few minutes of adult Hanabi made her look SO much better in every way than Hinatatas throughout the ENTIRE main series.

2e5.gif

#49 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

Even the Burrito anime made Hanabi look WAY better both physically and personality-wise. And unlike Hinatatas, Hanabi actually tried to help and train Burrito and co. Just a few minutes of adult Hanabi made her look SO much better in every way than Hinatatas throughout the ENTIRE main series.

Why did Hanabi even allow Hinata to have Naruto? Why didn't she just steal him from her like she stole all of their father's pride and respect? She would have managed it easily since she's not extremely shy and timid like Hinata is.

Edited by DrK, 05 December 2017 - 12:32 PM.

#50 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

Does Sakura even know the truth of the Uchiha Massacre? You know, the most important event in Sasuke, her "husband's" life? Does she know it was Konoha who told Itachi to kill his clan? If she doen't know this or even bother to ask about this, why do people think she knows about him?

#51 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

Does Sakura even know the truth of the Uchiha Massacre? You know, the most important event in Sasuke, her "husband's" life? Does she know it was Konoha who told Itachi to kill his clan? If she doen't know this or even bother to ask about this, why do people think she knows about him?

it out give

She likely doesn't know, and we know Kakashi wouldn't let it get out given his failures, like Shikamaru, to see the flaws in the way the Leaf village handles things which is truly problematic to me.

#52 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:52 PM

A better question is, does Sakura even care? When has she ever been shown as trying to learn anything about him anyway?

If you love someone, that means you share in everything happy and sad, right? But with Sakura, she 1. either doesn't love Sasuke if what happened to him doesn't bother her, or 2. Would think bad things about Itachi. Which would probably result in Sasuke never talking to her again after she voiced these thoughts.

So basically either Sakura is only pretending to love Sasuke, which is ridiculous, or Sakura somehow never asked about it, which is more ridiculous.

How would she even ask about it in a way that doesn't insult Itachi to begin with? Like how would she even know to not say bad things about his brother? She would probably ruin her chances with Sasuke off tops. God, they screwed up the story so badly.

#53 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:24 PM

I just wonder if she ever asked herself if the type of marriage she has currently is what she dreamed of as a girl.

#54 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

Marriage is a completely different reality in general then how you imagine it as a child. She's happy, that should not be diminished. 

Being content and happy are two entirely different things. She's accepted that that's the way things are but in her ideal world do you truly believe her character as portrayed in Naruto would want that kind of relationship? An absentee husband and being unable to answer her child's questions in a way that satisfies both? Even my sister, the most avid SS fan on the planet, is displeased with their relationship as portrayed post 700.

#55 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:39 PM

Being content and happy are two entirely different things. She's accepted that that's the way things are but in her ideal world do you truly believe her character as portrayed in Naruto would want that kind of relationship? An absentee husband and being unable to answer her child's questions in a way that satisfies both? Even my sister, the most avid SS fan on the planet, is displeased with their relationship as portrayed post 700.

Her character as portrayed in Naruto would never have married him to begin with, even if Sasuke was receptive to it, which his character as portrayed in Naruto wouldn't have been.

#56 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

I get the displeasure, and given Sasuke's mission, that's just the reality of it right now, but of course Sakura would want that mission to be complete so she could have more time with him, but like most military spouses, is understanding of it. Happy and content are two different things, but honestly, there's no reason to say Sakura isn't either at the end of Gaiden. 

Sasuke could check in more, but that's a seperate thing. 

I'm not saying it's not a realistic portrayal, I'm saying is that what the girl who trained with Tsunade Senju and fought a pseudo goddess alongside her teammates would want? Making her settle for accepting that the reality of her situation is what it is seems unfitting and comes across as slightly misogynistic, especially with how she fought tooth and nail both to improve herself and to help her comrades and allies. The duty of the husband's job comes before their family? Not even a letter? I'm not a SS fan but they didn't do the pairing any favors portraying things as they currently are post Naruto. The sad thing is, both characters are perfectly in character. Sasuke who is socially stunted and Sakura who doesn't like to call him out for anything, this is exactly why I didn't want them together in the first place. If she had done more than had one or two halfhearted conversations with him over the course of their marriage and not settled for being appeased with a few words from him or others on his behalf, I might be able to stomach the pairing more.

#57 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:19 PM

I'm not saying it's not a realistic portrayal, I'm saying is that what the girl who trained with Tsunade Senju and fought a pseudo goddess alongside her teammates would want? Making her settle for accepting that the reality of her situation is what it is seems unfitting and comes across as slightly misogynistic

It's really more misanthropic than misogynistic. Unless you mean misogynistic on the part of Kishimoto, then yeah.

#58 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

The answer is yes, that's what she wants, because that's what the text shows. There's no reason to second guess the text, because the text does not show Sakura doing this post-marriage. There isn't any misogyny at play, or the inverse, and I find making sexist issues out of this not the way to go.

Not everything has to be portrayed perfect, or well to do, or without conflict. It is actually great narrative wise that Sasuke sucks at keeping contact, because it allows for growth.

Not saying your reasons for disliking the pairing are wrong, but I think doubting what she wants is out of place. I'm not a fan of SS for the angst, but the dynamic is pretty fascinating. A few half-hearted conversations I think though is faulty, we know they traveled together for some time before Sarada's birth and it's hard to assume they hardly talked during that. 

I didn't say she didn't want it. Based upon what the writer and/or other staff decided, she does. I am not disputing the text. I don't like it but if they chose to go that route, there's nothing I can do about that. It doesn't mean that there aren't fans out there that aren't displeased with the portrayal of herself or her marriage, or that they aren't allowed to feel as such about the pairing or the ending. Just because something is canon doesn't mean it is good or that it was even executed satisfactorily.

I have no problem with the imperfections and issues with their marriage. I have a problem with how they portray Sakura to be handling things. The smart and capable kunoichi who grew so much from the beginning of the series regressed a bit (imo), not because of who she married, but how she is dealing with everything in that one particular part of her life. While portrayed as not 100% happy with their current situation, she settles for things as they are "just because" (a simplification perhaps, but I'm aware things aren't that easy). I don't think they have to divorce or even hate the pairing but as shown thus far, it's not the type of relationship I think fans of her character ever expected her to be in.

Where has there been character growth from either her or Sasuke post Naruto? No one speaks to each other, much less speaks their minds. Sasuke continues his duties, she has her own, and they're like ships passing in the night. Their characters lack the luster they had in Naruto. Obviously this story is about the next generation but their (writers) not helping Sakura or Sasuke out at this juncture. What little growth they have had hasn't been due to interaction with each other.

I like strong female characters who speak their minds but whenever she is around Sasuke, it always feels like she's holding back or suppressing aspects of herself. I hate relationships where people have to restrict pieces of who they are out of fear or uncertainty. Hesitation in a marriage especially is never a good thing.

And this is all coming from a NaruSaku fan. I don't hate the pairing, I hate how it's being handled and portrayed.

Edited by RidiculouslyBored, 06 December 2017 - 06:23 PM.

#59 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

I'm not saying it's not a realistic portrayal, I'm saying is that what the girl who trained with Tsunade Senju and fought a pseudo goddess alongside her teammates would want? Making her settle for accepting that the reality of her situation is what it is seems unfitting and comes across as slightly misogynistic, especially with how she fought tooth and nail both to improve herself and to help her comrades and allies. The duty of the husband's job comes before their family? Not even a letter? I'm not a SS fan but they didn't do the pairing any favors portraying things as they currently are post Naruto. The sad thing is, both characters are perfectly in character. Sasuke who is socially stunted and Sakura who doesn't like to call him out for anything, this is exactly why I didn't want them together in the first place. If she had done more than had one or two halfhearted conversations with him over the course of their marriage and not settled for being appeased with a few words from him or others on his behalf, I might be able to stomach the pairing more.

If we are to take Road to Ninja movie as a quasi-canon, even a Sasuke that does give her attention and flowers and such is not exactly what she wants because eventually he would cheat on her with other woman because he was a womanizer.

So it is right to ask this question: Is how SS is now exactly what Sakura invisioned when being with Sasuke? I extremely doubt it considering that she pines for anything from him. Like the time she tried to get him to kiss her with that stupid face and kiss pouty lips and he turned his back on it to which she slumped over in disappointment. She doesn't look satisfied and I am even more surprised that Ino hasn't talked to her.

I mean, we had Ino ask Sakura what Sasuke is doing, but she never goes beyond that.

Ino: "So has Sasuke talked to you?"
Sakura: "No."
Ino: "Not even a letter or phone call?"
Sakura: "No"
Ino: "Typical Sasuke" *looney tunes trumpet of a wah wah wah*

In reality it would be like this

Ino: "So, Sasuke is still not around huh?"
Ino: "Well, did he at least call you, provide money for you or send you a letter?"
Ino: "Are you sure you are happy with Sasuke? I mean, the guy seems like a dead beat and he can't even try to contact you to say hello and see how you are?"
Sakura: "Oh Ino, it is just Sasuke being Sasuke. You know how it is."
Ino: "Yeah I know how it is...doesn't mean I like it. He needs to be home to help you and take care of his daughter. A man needs to be responsible otherwise he is dead weight."

And this is just the best friend.

What about Sakura's mother who would probably be screaming louder than a jewish mom on Goodfellas

Mebuki: "Where is he? He is 15 years late from being home."
Sakura: "Mom, he is doing what he needs to do."
Mebuki: "What he needs to do is come home and take care of his family."
Sakura: "Mom....I can handle this..."
Mebuki: "Apparently you can't. That man is no good for you, sweetheart. I don't care if he is your childhood love, a man needs to take responsibility for his actions."
Sakura: "Mom.......Dad, talk some sense into mom."
Mebuki: "Don't you bring your father into this....at least he is a real man who stays with his family. How would you like it if your father just up and left and never came back?"
Sakura: "I am so sick of this argument, mom!"
Mebuki: "Yeah, well I am sick of Sasuke treating my baby like kitten. I am going to go talk to the The Seventh Hokage, Naruto. You three were best friends right? Maybe he can talk some sense into him and bring his ass back home."
Sakura: "Don't you dare bother Naruto, Mom. He is not apart of this."
Mebuki: "I am thinking maybe you should have married him instead, but you gave him up for a pathetic nobody. A dead beat father whose daughter and wife are worried sick about and he can't even give you one phone call."
Sakura: "MOM!!!"
Mebuki: "Kizashi, tell your daughter off. Don't just sit there."
Kizashi: "Hmmm....."
Sakura: "DAD!!!"

Louder screaming ensues.

I mean, I have seen mother in laws be mad at their son in laws because they stay out too late....forget even having them ever coming home after 15 years.

Sasuke comes back and turns away from Sakura
Mebuki: "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE, YOUNG MAN. Who the hell do you think you are abandoning my daughter like that? Are you sick in the head? What the hell is wrong with you?"
Sakura: "MOM!!!!"

This never happens....nobody ever says anything against SS except for one person....their own daughter....and it is funny how a child is smarter than adults in this case.

Analyzer, you really think this is all realistic? A man can abandon his own wife and daughter with nothing and nobody has anything to say? No judgements, no issues with such a thing occuring? Best friend has nothing to say, parents have nothing to say. Everybody just thinks that this is all normal? Alright. I guess you have never seen real life relationships if you think this is all realistic. Sasuke doesn't pay for anything. Sasuke doesn't provide for anything. So....how is getting away with this?

No amount of "coolness" can erase the fact that he is a bad person, a bad father, and an even worse husband.

Of course, the pro-ender SS fans like to think that Sasuke is always there and always happily playing with his family....even though we get a scene of Naruto telling Sasuke "Would it kill you to go home every once and a while?"

Edited by James S Cassidy, 06 December 2017 - 06:17 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#60 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:12 PM

Sasuke went out to get "milk" and never came back :lmao: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users