Terminator Salvation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:50 AM

Trailer at the bottom of this page link

#2 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:02 AM

I never thought I would say that I think a McG directed movie looks fantastic.

#3 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

I also think the trailer makes it look spiffy. I'm really hoping it's good, because while it was kind of entertaining the third film was lacking in spirit and... other things. Good news is Jonathan Nolan, Chris Nolan's brother and co-writer on Dark Knight, is one of the writers penning this thing. It was said at one of the cons that they're going for a more realistic feel, since this takes place closer to our time now, and that is more of an action film than a futuristic one. I'll pay money to watch this thing.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Mar 3 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also think the trailer makes it look spiffy. I'm really hoping it's good, because while it was kind of entertaining the third film was lacking in spirit and... other things. Good news is Jonathan Nolan, Chris Nolan's brother and co-writer on Dark Knight, is one of the writers penning this thing. It was said at one of the cons that they're going for a more realistic feel, since this takes place closer to our time now, and that is more of an action film than a futuristic one. I'll pay money to watch this thing.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles on FOX, really got me back into the Terminator series, so I wouldn't mind also checking out this movie when it comes out happy.gif

#5 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

I think this movie will be interesting even if it doesn't end up being well done in terms of script, simply the fact that it is based more modernly related to our time, it will probably be done in a very different way than the previous Terminators while still feeling like a classic action flick. The trailer seems to replicate that anyway.

#6 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 3 2009, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles on FOX, really got me back into the Terminator series, so I wouldn't mind also checking out this movie when it comes out happy.gif

I am liking TSCC so much more now that they seem to be getting away from the Terminator of the Week formula. That always bugged me since a big part of the first two movies was that it was not easy for them to send them back in time. Then comes along the series and there is all kinds of people/things from the future roaming around.

#7 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

This actually looks pretty good. I'll definitely go see this movie. I heard they might 2 more of these. (in the future) Kinda like a trilogy. That's just what I heard though. sleep.gif

#8 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (SageNaru @ Mar 4 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This actually looks pretty good. I'll definitely go see this movie. I heard they might 2 more of these. (in the future) Kinda like a trilogy. That's just what I heard though. sleep.gif

Lol, it talks about that in the article tongue.gif

With the script in place, Bale signed on to play Conner, with the option to do two more "Terminator" movies if this one is successful.

#9 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 4 2009, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, it talks about that in the article tongue.gif

oh...I knew that!!! I was just testing you...haha
facepalm.png sweatdrop.gif

#10 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

Man, Christan Bale has truly turned into an action star.

#11 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:05 AM

Terminator 1
Terminator 2
Terminator Salvation
Terminator 3

It was a good action flick. Liked how they progressed into the future this time and focused on the rebellion. Trying to figure out all the time paradoxes only got more confusing though. Another good summer movie!

#12 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (True @ May 22 2009, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Terminator 1
Terminator 2
Terminator Salvation
Terminator 3

It was a good action flick. Liked how they progressed into the future this time and focused on the rebellion. Trying to figure out all the time paradoxes only got more confusing though. Another good summer movie!

True, i'm gonna have to agree with your chart if you're listing the films from best to least. But I have to say, I didn't like Salvation. Actually let me rephrase that....Salvation was an.....o k, movie. But it wasn't a good movie. Besides the paper thin plot and dozen or so plot holes in the story, (side note every terminator film always seems to contradicts previous terminator films)

Bale's acting acting as usual was deplorable. It's nice to know that Bale has been able to figure out that various pitches of his Batman voice will produce the air of "Badass" around him.

I honestly was more interested in the other characters of the movie, specifically the kid they got for Kyle Reese. You could tell he really tried to mimic Michael Bien's speech and everything. As well as the Marcus/Prototype Terminator guy.

I have to say for a highly advanced technical facility that was under the control of Skynet it was very ill-managed and sloppily monitored. I mean the minute all those hundreds of people were released. Why wasn't there oh I don't know a hundred or so Terminators waiting in the courtyard armed to the T, ready to usher them back.

And why also did Skynet only send one terminator to kill John Connor? I mean they were in a factory and it's not like they were lacking of borgs there. And realistically speaking sending One in the past always seems to never work. So why not, two maybe three, hell go for broke and send a dozen. O'Johnny boy isn't coming back from that.

There's one more thing that really irritated me. I know that Terminator's a major franchise and all, but does it have to keep the same cliche themes every movie. For instance, someone will always say, "Come with me if you want to live." and "I'll be back." There's gonna be one major fight scene at the end with a terminator, that seems impossible to beat but they somehow manage to win in the end. Something always has to roll over a skull at some point. I'm just grateful that in this movie they managed to cover the naked man ass.

Eitherwway, Terminator Salvation, better than terminator 3 but that's not saying too much.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#13 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

Terminator 1 and 2 are classics so those can't be touched. Salvation is better than T3, but I could never compare it to the original two.

After checking out the reviews for it I wasn't going in with high expectations. I figured the special effects and action scenes would be the best part of the movie and that's exactly what I got. I would have liked more focus on John Connor and the resistance. It was hyped as a "war" between humans and machines, but we didn't get it. Instead isolated incidents of the machines causing hell for the humans. Once the movie shifted from a potential last assault on Skynet to a rescue operation I figured that wasn't ever going to happen; we got the usual one on one fight with a terminator.

But I guess with the Terminator franchise focusing on preventing Skynet from altering the past, that's why the primary concern was Kyle Reese instead of humanity's struggle against the machines. I would have liked to see how the resistance was formed, Connor's rise as the prophesied leader, battles with machines/humans, and more info on Skynet and its operations. At the end of the movie where Connor goes on about "we've won the battle, but the war still rages on" I guess that eludes to potentially shifting from the "past" and on the resistance itself.

It wasn't what I wanted it to be, but it still did a decent job making it a watchable movie.

#14 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:42 PM

Man, terminator 2, one of the best plot twists ever...

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#15 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:39 AM

Best movie every I just saw it.

#16 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:15 AM

Smiter I think the reason why I didn't like it was because I was hoping for a gritty, Band of Brothers type war movie about the battle of man vs. machine. Kinda like how Kyle Reese was depicting the future in the original movie.

#17 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

Smiter? I don't think its come out in the U.K. yet XD

Yeah I would have liked that as well. Intense battle scenes with a warlike scheme (which it seemed to sort of look like in the trailer) would have made it seem more like an actual resistance and war. But I guess they stuck to the same formula of one on one fights, which isn't bad but it gets boring after three movies. I'd love to see battalions of men vs. hordes of terminators.

#18 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (True @ May 24 2009, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smiter? I don't think its come out in the U.K. yet XD

*^^* Ha! sorry bout that. lol It was several hours after when I wrote that and i clearly wasn't paying attention. *Bows*

#19 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ May 23 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smiter I think the reason why I didn't like it was because I was hoping for a gritty, Band of Brothers type war movie about the battle of man vs. machine. Kinda like how Kyle Reese was depicting the future in the original movie.

I liked it but that because I like action fics like Terminator.

#20 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ May 24 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked it but that because I like action fics like Terminator.

My problem is I get tired of seeing the same thing over and over again. And that's all that seems to be coming out this year. Everything is the same thing and I mean it be nice to have a bit of variation on it too. I hope they do better next film.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users