#41 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:01 PM

Gambit is one of my favorite X-men characters, but I just didn't like how he was portrayed in the movie. I mean...really? Where's the thick cajun accent, and the slick/confident attitude? He was always known as a sweet talker. And I wasn't too big on the cane with the crystal on top. Made him look more like a pimp than a thief. I much would have perferred him with the long stick that he normally fights with.

The rest of the movie I enjoyed. I just wished they had ended the movie with another villian. The whole story behind weapon XI kinda dissappointed me too. They pretty much destroyed the actual Deadpool character to create a new villian. I guess I like the Deadpool and his big mouth.

#42 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:31 PM

It's official: The Merc with the Mouth is getting his own movie Let us hope they do not screw this up.

#43 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSS

YES YES YES YES YES YES

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#44 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 6 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But along with superhuman powers, enhanced strength and self-regenerating healing powers, the slightly unhinged Deadpool can absorb the abilities of dead and captured mutants.

...Huh?? I can only hope that they don't know what they're talking about. Ryan Reynolds has said that he wouldn't star in a DP movie unless it's faithful to the original, so for now I'm optimistic, but.... this is Fox.

#45 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:26 AM

I really wish Marvel could get back the X-Men rights already. It's long past time to allow them to make a good adaption of the X-Men.

A sequel to this has already been greenlit, by the way. It's supposed to focus on his time in Japan, as I'd hoped. I'm cautiously optimistic despite Fox's involvement. Mariko, Wolverine fighting for her hand in marriage, learning the ways of the samurai; there's just so much potential there that I have to hold some hope.

QUOTE (ciardha @ May 4 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loathed the movies with a passion because they turned Rogue into something she never was, a wimpy damsel in distress, plus how Singer lied as they filmed every movie saying Gambit was going to be in each one of the X-men movies, then admitting each time as the spoilers started coming out- no Gambit. Gambit and Rogue was the couple that came together "by accident" in the comics and became the most popular couple in X-men comics because, like Naruto and Sakura it was a romantic relationship of equals. Fans still love them together. It's so stupid not to have them together in a movie, their romance would not only excite many of the fans, but would draw in tons more new fans. the 90's cartoon series drew in thousands of female readers to X-mencomics just because Gambit and Rogue's romance was a continuing subplot in that series. And with the second cartoon series- Evolution, many fans say the Gambit and Rogue scenes were the highlights of that series.

I like the way you think, lets be friends. I'm not only a huge Gambit fan, but I love GambitxRogue from the old days. Hell, I got disgusted with how it was portrayed for a while there (Marvel seemed to actively try, and fail, to kill the relationship for a while there). But now, some recent stuff is bringing me back into that fold.

NarutoxSakura is a pretty good comparison as far as the whole relationship goes. Another I thought is comparable is from DC; Beast Boy and Raven. Similarities abound.

On the X movies themselves, I liked one and two well enough, but didn't love them or anything. It was kind of a "parts of it were really good but the others could go to hell" sort of thing. The first one was not bad, but hit or miss because they screwed with way too much. 2 holds a special place for me due to Nightcrawler, despite the completely odd addition of the scar. Let's not even discuss The Last Stand; I might suddenly begin to vomit uncontrollably.
bd5.jpg

#46 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:34 AM

Ugg I hated how they made Rouge just ugg they freaking ruined her character. I mean I really hate it they made her in to a freaking , a wimpy damsel in distress ugg I simply hate that they made Gambit look like a Pimp He is not a Pimp nor will he ever be a pimp Ugg.

Yeah I think that Naruto x Sakura is a pretty good comparison as far as the whole relationship goes. Another I thought is comparable is from DC; Beast Boy and Raven. Similarities abound. I love both couple as well.

I disliked that they switched Bobby with Gambit really I hate and despise Bobby he not a very good character for Rouge. Plus the actor who played Rouge is just not Rouge to me.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 07 May 2009 - 02:11 AM.

#47 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:47 AM

I thought they did merely okay with Bobby, but I really never understood why he was a focus at any point in the franchise. I mean, really; Iceman and Pyro as central conflicts? Not to mention Iceman and his family were used as nothing more than a great big symbol for certain social issues; not that such is a bad thing, since there's always been a hint of that in the franchise, but it's never been quite so blatant.

Iceman can be a good character in the comics, but it really depends on the story. That's mainstream Marvel comics, mind you. The Ultimate version, despite the cool look, is insufferable as that book has been for most of it's life in general. I gave up on Ultimate when they killed off Gambit.

Ugg I hated how they made Rouge just ugg they freaking ruined her character.

I have to agree. There were scenes I liked from the first film, but all of them channeled Jubilee more than what you'd expect of Rogue. If they wanted to do the mentor sort of stuff with Wolverine, they should have just gone with Jub's instead of a character masquerading as Rogue.
bd5.jpg

#48 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ May 6 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought they did merely okay with Bobby, but I really never understood why he was a focus at any point in the franchise. I mean, really; Iceman and Pyro as central conflicts? Not to mention Iceman and his family were used as nothing more than a great big symbol for certain social issues; not that such is a bad thing, since there's always been a hint of that in the franchise, but it's never been quite so blatant.

Iceman can be a good character in the comics, but it really depends on the story. That's mainstream Marvel comics, mind you. The Ultimate version, despite the cool look, is insufferable as that book has been for most of it's life in general. I gave up on Ultimate when they killed off Gambit.

I have to agree. There were scenes I liked from the first film, but all of them channeled Jubilee more than what you'd expect of Rogue. If they wanted to do the mentor sort of stuff with Wolverine, they should have just gone with Jub's instead of a character masquerading as Rogue.

Yeah really they never wear that blatant before bobby I do like Iceman ( played by bobby I just don't think he portray Iceman very good ) but I dislike like how they switched Jubilee character with Rogue I really hate that really, at least they didn't get to ruin her character at least lol. I just like the strong Rogue type not the wimpy character she truned out to be in the movie,

#49 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:06 AM

For those who have seen origins, i don't get it, why does saber tooth not interact with wolverine at all in the other x-men movies if they had such a history?

#50 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ May 6 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those who have seen origins, i don't get it, why does saber tooth not interact with wolverine at all in the other x-men movies if they had such a history?

I haven't seen Origins yet, but I think I can still answer that. Sabretooth was only in the first X film for about a total of fifteen minutes of it's runtime. Eighty percent of that was standing around looking imposing. Nothing was fleshed out in the first film as far as that went aside from the nod to their rivalry with Sabretooth attacking Wolverine at the start of the film. Wolverine is easier to explain away since there's an explanation in Origins as to why he's forgotten everything, even if it isn't exactly a satisfying one.

You could pretty much just assume he never really got the chance to interact with Wolverine before being killed off by Storm at the climax of the film.

I just like the strong Rogue type not the wimpy character she truned out to be in the movie

Well, take heart. She wasn't the only one shafted in the original X-Men trilogy.

Edited by dl316bh, 07 May 2009 - 02:41 AM.

bd5.jpg

#51 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ May 7 2009, 05:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, take heart. She wasn't the only one shafted in the original X-Men trilogy.

They KIILLED Cyclops! I will never forgive them!

Edited by Dormin, 11 May 2009 - 04:58 PM.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#52 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

The storyline seemed pretty rushed to me, and unless you were a fan of the comics and had read them, the characters were pretty hard to keep up with as there were so many people introduced at the same time. thats what I think, anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users