Close
Photo

Manga-wise, why NaruSaku not happening makes sense.

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#41 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

About Naruto accepting that he was a reincarnation how did you expect him to act? "NO I AM NOT YOUR REINCARNATED SON, SCREW YOU AND KEEP YOU POWA--"
Sage: "just accept that you are Ashura or I won't give you free powers and the shinobi alliance will die."
Naruto: "....ok dad, I accept you as my dad.... :("
Sage: *free powerup for you*
------
Or something like, "YOU CAN KEEP YOUR POWER TO YOURSELF" *Naruto runs from the prospect of free powerups and tries to fight Kaguya without it, btw Sasuke got the full thing this time instead of 1/2th.*
-----
I don't think, WITHIN the manga, Naruto broke character. He has a brain :/

Stop trying to think inside the manga universe, this awful asspull power up was badly done and never should have happened, it isnt the character's fault for accepting, it is Kishi's fault for putting there and completely destroying one of his past story themes

Hashi killing Madara was a mistake and even Madara said, "You changed, Hashirama." the entire manga tried to portray it as a mistake that Naruto won't repeat
Naruto's Post-Pein "bring peace to the world...somehow" = no killing, no revenge, NO KILLING ENEMIES. ---> practically kills kaguya = sign that Naruto went back on his word.

No it wasn't a mistake, it was a necessary thing to do

Like in theJiraya and Orochimaru situation, Madara couldnt be brought back and if Hashirama was lenient like Jiraya was, it would cost the lives of thousands

Naruto surpassed both Jiraya and Hashirama in the regard that he managed to save his friend without actually dealing with trying to kill him, it was a rushed fight and a rushed development as Naruto should have went through more conflict, Naruto x Sasuke round 2 deserved its own arc and not just 5 extra chapters after a meaningless asspulled arc, the way it was handled it looked like Naruto only saved Sasuke due to his special MC powers

Edited by Nar123, 04 November 2015 - 09:59 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#42 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:24 PM

Alright let's say that you're right about this, why does it matter? It's not the reason why NS didn't happen. Kishi's not even trying to hide it in fact he's shoving it in our faces. He could just as well shout "THIS WASN'T MY IDEA GUYZ PROMISE ITS SP'S FAULT AND ALSO HINATA'S BOOBS' FAULT, NOT MINE".

I think people should admit it and make peace with themselves. :shrug:

ナルサク

#43 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:39 AM

cleardot.gif
(None of that The Last logic please, kishi didn't write that movie with his own hands. :\)

281sz1y.jpg

Hashirama's MISTAKE^ , which Naruto resolved to never repeat.

Instead of getting revenge (causing more fighting,) he forgives and brings all sympathetic villians to the good side. (Itachi, Obito, Madara, Nagato/Konan, Neji, etc)

But suddenly when his greeeat grandma shows up:

10447860_267651156752026_134954038331634

hqdefault.jpg

He seals this one permanently without trying to force her side of the story out of her and then convert her. This last one.

he did convert Sasuke but, he outright got rid of Kaguya without redeeming her. Just like Hashirama simply gave up on converting Madara and simply "killed" him. 

This could potentially be the start of Naruto's CHANGE into a "the end justifies the means" type of person, and that's how we gradually ended up with a semi-heartless Hokage who'd rather endure, forcing himself to take things SERIOUSLY and do paperwork all day instead of goofing off and playing around with his son+daughter+wife and doesn't give a kitten about how Sakura and her family is faring because he needs to endure his Hokage duties. (Like a parallel to Hashirama's mistake when he "killed" Madara.) 

If that were the case, it makes perfect sense why NaruSaku didn't happen and... Sakura would rather choose Sasuke over a guy like that, she rooted so long 600 chapters for and then he just GAVE UP. She would not want to be together with that Naruto. And I guess it's a wise decision, given this isn't the same Naruto?

What do you think?

"NS not happening" isn't the reason Naruto changed, I think this is the reason^

I also wonder, WHY, would he do this to Kaguya?
He didn't even try to talk to her to hear her motivations from her own mouth! 

So was it because Kaguya was too difficult an opponent and too incomprehensible that he just gave up because he didn't want to risk the lives of his friends over someone THIS unfathomable? Like Hashi didnt want to risk Konoha. 

Or it could have something to do with Neji's death. Hinata told Naruto to not go back on his words (a.k.a. endure it) and that Neji's memory lives in their hearts.
gjBIcB6.png

Obito (and inadvertibly Hinata) also rubbed it in Naruto's face that he could do NOTHING when Neji died in front of his eyes. (This is the difference between how Jiraiya died)
Thus saying that Naruto is useless and there are some things he can't stop even if he is physically there:  therefore, Naruto must endure it and move on. He must do it FOR his comrades because his own life isn't his.  (like Hashirama must do it FOR the village)

I can imagine either Sakura or Sasuke saying "You changed, Naruto" or just thinking it inside either their mind or subconscious. And this mutual feeling in regards to Naruto made SS possible, plus they were together for the Kaguya battle so they knew what happened.

"You changed, Hashirama," -Madara | = | "You changed, Naruto," -Sakura (+Sasuke?)

I like the effort. Really I do. But this manga is so riddled with plot holes and abandoned subplots, that it's ultimately only an explanation that exist for the sake of explaining things as opposed to a natural conclusion one can draw from the manga. You'll notice that what you say about Naruto changing is no way spelt out or implied in the manga. It's a conclusion you've reached simply by putting random facts together. If by some blindingly small chance this is what the author intended, then this manga is even worse than any of us have ever described it as being as none of this is ever even remotely addressed by the narrative.

What's more, we already know the reason Naruto didn't get with Sakura. It has nothing to do with anything you've said, but rather what the The Last movie describes as Naruto only having feigned interest in Sakura in pursuit of his rivalry with Sasuke. We're also told by Sakura that a girl can never stop loving her first love. So no, this is not a matter of changes in philosophy by the character, but rather last minute retroactive continuity changes  by the author. Kishi may not have written the movie with his own hands, but he approved it as being canon. He even tells us how much he liked Naruto and Sakura's "parting" moment.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 05 November 2015 - 01:43 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#44 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:38 AM

Sakura never loved him in the first place, so no, she didn't change. She didn't grow out of loving Naruto, she never loved him at all. Sakura never changed at all, which was demonstrated multiple times.

If he had stopped with Kaguya as you claimed, he would have never have saved Sasuke, and would have killed him. Kaguya was a thrown together villain because Kishi didn't know how to beat Madara and he wanted to make Hinata relevant. He didn't change, and that fight, as well as his interaction with Obito during the fight, prove that.

Do you seriously think they were friends in Gaiden? Really? Sakura walked in on Naruto with a sword in his gut and paid him no mind. She didn't even care because Sasuke was standing there. They're not friends, and to be honest, it's hard to tell if they ever were, considering Sakura's character.

Naruto didn't change until after the last. Sakura didn't love him leading up to that, she had her own reasons for loving Sasuke.

And? He knew Kaguya's as well. He explained who she was to Kakashi and Sakura. Once again,the Kaguya fight isn't an example of him changing, considering his actions directly afterwards.

Nope, they pretty much popped out of nowhere. It's not hard to see that.

What are you talking about? Sakura does love Naruto...she just chose Sasuke because she chose lust not love.

#45 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:08 AM

What are you talking about? Sakura does love Naruto...she just chose Sasuke because she chose lust not love.

Huh...what ?

Look headcanons are nice but in actual *retconned* canon, Sakura, no matter all of the hints, didn't love Naruto

Edited by Nar123, 05 November 2015 - 06:08 AM.

#46 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:10 AM

Huh...what ?

Look headcanons are nice but in actual *retconned* canon, Sakura, no matter all of the hints, didn't love Naruto

In the novels she still liked Naruto. She got jealous when he was spending more time with Hinata, said she wished Sasuke was more like Naruto and was the only person who didn't give a positive toast to NH wedding (oh yeah two of the novels she was also suffering from depression)  Then there's the fact that Sasuke never even kissed Sakura they're whole relationship let alone had sex

#47 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:16 AM

In the novels she still liked Naruto. She got jealous when he was spending more time with Hinata, said she wished Sasuke was more like Naruto and was the only person who didn't give a positive toast to NH wedding (oh yeah two of the novels she was also suffering from depression)  Then there's the fact that Sasuke never even kissed Sakura they're whole relationship let alone had sex

Frankly, I don't understand why they'd even make a novel about an NH wedding. I mean, WHO CARES?  May as well make a novel about Hinata experiencing morning sickness or Naruto's stamp collection.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 05 November 2015 - 06:17 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#48 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:16 AM

Huh ...they had Salad, pretty sure they did something or maybe Sakura just collected Sasuke's material when he was asleep and inserted it on herself :zaru:

Anyway Sakura's novel was typical one sided SS so I don't see how she still liked Naruto there plus Kishi words about not making her a terrible woman by changing love interests (lol) and the NS parting scene in the last...

Idk I dont care anymore, this story is a mess

Edited by Nar123, 05 November 2015 - 06:17 AM.

#49 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:19 AM

Frankly, I don't understand why they'd even make a novel about an NH wedding. I mean, WHO CARES?  

NH fans too bad for SP none of them were in Japan so sales flopped

Huh ...they had Salad, pretty sure they did something or maybe Sakura just collected Sasuke's material when he was asleep and inserted it on herself :zaru:

Anyway Sakura's novel was typical one sided SS so I don't see how she still liked Naruto there plus Kishi words about not making her a terrible woman by changing love interests (lol) and the NS parting scene in the last..

Salad is pretty obviously not Sakura's kid this was hinted at several times in gaiden and nearly borderline openly admitted by Sakura and Sasuke himself

Again her still having feelings for Naruto were still there. Kishi also said that Sakura was based on his wife and that he never even thought of NH until SP gave him the last story. Kishi contradicts himself more than george lucas

#50 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:22 AM

NH fans too bad for SP none of them were in Japan so sales flopped

Salad is pretty obviously not Sakura's kid this was hinted at several times in gaiden and nearly borderline openly admitted by Sakura and Sasuke himself

Again her still having feelings for Naruto were still there. Kishi also said that Sakura was based on his wife and that he never even thought of NH until SP gave him the last story. Kishi contradicts himself more than george lucas

Despite Karin admitting Salad wasn't hers and everything turning out to be another typical red herring?

Anyway dude, think whatever you want to think

Edited by Nar123, 05 November 2015 - 06:28 AM.

#51 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:25 AM

Despite Karin admitting Salad wasn't hers and everything turning out to be another typical red herring?

Anyway dude, think whatever you want to think whatever

Which can just be handwaved away by Karin kittening....literally give me one thing about her statement that's consistent with anything. Do explain to me how a pregnant Sakura wandered all the way in Orochimaru's lair was dilvered by Karin and nobody noticed but her...

hell even in the final chapter Sasuke admits Sakura has no impact on him just the connection between the two of them is Salad....meaning she's not a product of their love she's the only connection they have....because she's adopted. 

Thinking she isn't Karin's child because of a statement of Karin's that can easily be handwaved off as kitten in addition to her final look in the manga implying what she said was kitten and Kishi saying afterwords that her mother was "left up for interpretation"....oh yeah and Sasuke still has never kissed Sakura either...

#52 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:27 AM

Anyway dude, think whatever you want to think

Edited by Nar123, 05 November 2015 - 06:28 AM.

#53 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:28 AM

Anyway dude, think whatever you want to think whatever

No go ahead.....give me a single good contradiction....do hurry up now the suspense is killing.

#54 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:33 AM

No go ahead.....give me a single good contradiction....do hurry up now the suspense is killing.

I don't exactly care anymore about the series, if you want to still have hope, go ahead

#55 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:39 AM

I don't exactly care anymore about the series, if you want to still have hope, go ahead

It's not a matter of hope it's a matter of logic. Naruto's a scumbag for using Sakura to get to Sasuke. Sakura's shallow for choosing Sasuke over someone who actually cared for her whenever she needed it. Hinata's borderline serial killer material. Sasuke is not only a spoiled brat who leanred nothing but now he basically owns Sakura whose his personal housemaid and cheated on her because he's a docuhe bag. 

#56 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:49 AM

To me the most weird thing about this ending up until now is, they [whoever they are] did not go all the way to developing the cannon pairing SS and NH, its like they hesitating or not sure or maybe afraid.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#57 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

It's not a matter of hope it's a matter of logic.

Logic is dead in this series

#58 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:42 PM

Hope is a waking dream.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#59 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:14 PM

Once again I put out my theory that Sarada is Sakura and Sasuke's child, but Sasuke had so much of Karin's chakra/DNA/genetic material in him from sucking out her chakra for healing that the Uzumaki DNA from Karin overwhelmed Sakura's own DNA in Sakura's womb to create Sarada, that's why Sarada doesn't look like Sakura at all. Her DNA is made up of Sasuke and Karin but she was 'born' from Sakura's womb. 

Or you have the surrogate theory, meaning Karin's womb was damaged during the war or something and made unable to carry a child to term, so Sakura 'volunteered' to carry Sasuke's child since it was Sasuke's kid and this would allow her to be 'closer' to Sasuke in some twisted sense (which makes sense in a twisted way with how Sakura's character completely reverted to pure fangirl obsession)

#60 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

Once again I put out my theory that Sarada is Sakura and Sasuke's child, but Sasuke had so much of Karin's chakra/DNA/genetic material in him from sucking out her chakra for healing that the Uzumaki DNA from Karin overwhelmed Sakura's own DNA in Sakura's womb to create Sarada, that's why Sarada doesn't look like Sakura at all. Her DNA is made up of Sasuke and Karin but she was 'born' from Sakura's womb. 

Or you have the surrogate theory, meaning Karin's womb was damaged during the war or something and made unable to carry a child to term, so Sakura 'volunteered' to carry Sasuke's child since it was Sasuke's kid and this would allow her to be 'closer' to Sasuke in some twisted sense (which makes sense in a twisted way with how Sakura's character completely reverted to pure fangirl obsession)

Wouldn't Sakura being a surrogate make more sense if SK became canon rather than SS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users