#21 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:05 AM

Rocksteady reports the game is complete. Meaning it's playable and all they need to do now is polish up and clean up everything....still no word on what they're doing for multiplayer though.

#22 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:09 AM

Will this game be release for the Wii?
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#23 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:11 AM

I doubt it..., the first one only came out on the PS3, 360, and the PC.

#24 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

I can't wait for this game! The first one totally rocked and was really the best game with a comic book hero in it and they say this is 5 times bigger how good will it be !_! ohboy.png

#25 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 3 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Edited by Cloud, 06 September 2010 - 08:07 PM.

#26 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:48 AM

Funniest thing? There was a hint to what the sequel was going to be about hidden within the first game. Pretty much no one found out about it until recently.

Anyways, whereas the first game took elements from the Grant Morrison graphic novel "Arkham Asylum", this one sounds like it's taking cues from No Mans Land. Criminals running free, cutting up territory, running gangs in a run down part of the city? Definitely sounds like elements derived from NML.

The game being fives times the size of the first particularly pleases me, because it's not like Arkham Asylum was a small game at all.

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 3 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be blunt, I wouldn't hold my breath; it's pretty much guaranteed not to happen, if only because the Wii is the weakest of this generation. If it did, guaranteed it would be a crappy port with a lot of features removed. That or a completely different game built from the ground up that's nothing like the main version. Like most high def games that also get a Wii version, honestly.

The only Batman game on tap for the Wii is the Brave and the Bold cartoon tie-in game, which a sidescrolling beat-em-up.

Edited by dl316bh, 08 September 2010 - 03:49 AM.

bd5.jpg

#27 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

New Arkham City info via OPM UK

Warning: spoilers.

There’s a lot of new information here, gleaned from a Rocksteady demo seen by the British official mag.

Firstly, there’s the premise. Arkham Aslyum boss turned Gotham mayor Quincy Sharp has fenced off “miles” of Gotham City, filled it with criminals and “thrown away the key”. Their only rule is that they’re not allowed to leave. Aside from that, Gotham’s underclass is left to its own devices. Arkham City’s warden is Hugo Strange, a mystery character to Batman.

The fenced-off area is five times the size of Arkham Asylum. Batman, obviously, doesn’t like it: “He’s been monitoring this place,” said director Sefton Hill. “He’s worried. He thinks it’s a time-bomb waiting to explode into the streets of Gotham.”

Batman’s taken to patrolling AC. The setting is described as “a mix of Tim Burton’s original Batman movie and a touch of Escape from New York,” with spires and graveyards swapped for alleys and streets.

The mag was promised that despite the huge play area, “every nook and cranny has a story.” Also, thanks to distances, Bats will need a way to move around. When asked if vehicles will be included, Warner PR said it’s “something we’ll cover at a later date.”

Fly me to the moon

Wheels or not, Batman can essentially fly this time round. He has a new gadget called a Grapple Boost, which pulls him up and launches him into the air, and can be combined with a new dive which pulls into high-speed, street level flight.

He also now has a second zip line which he can shoot out while using the first: think classic Spider Man.

Hill promised the anti-hero now has new moves for “running across rooftops, blending in, running while grappling, sliding underneath objects” and “jumping between objects.”

Batman can also, “Slide and smash through vents, slide straight into hanging off an edge. You can dive through windows and over railings as well.”

The mag was shown a mission in which Batman needs to rescue Catwoman, as she’s been kidnapped by Two-Face. In it, Bats uses a Grapple Roll and a quick takedown to remove a sniper. He ends up facing 40 enemies at Two-Face’s Courthouse, although Hill promised the would be “bigger fights”.

Basic fighting is “the same,” according to OPM, with combinations of punches, kicks and throws. Additions include the ability to throw back projectiles, launch aerial attacks from walls and windows and unleash “beatdown” flurry attacks. He can also backflip and spray explosive gel on the floor before detonating it to stun opponents.

Twos-up on Catwoman

And get this. There’s a not-so-subtle hint that Catwoman is a playable, co-op character. She uses her whip in the mission in the same way Batman uses his zip line. Hill wouldn’t be drawn when asked directly if she was controllable.

“I’m not allowed to comment on that,” he said.

“Forensics” is something Rocksteady wants to push in the sequel, and Batman will be “solving crimes with multiple bits of evidence.” There are loads of side-stories in the game this time, Hill added, although the developer doesn’t “force you to do those. It’s your choice.”

Harley Quinn was also seen in the demo, as was the more traditional, Arkham Aslyum gameplay of hunting goons from above in closed environments. Additions here include a hanging takedown where Batman throttles a man from above with his legs, and the ability to punch through panels to get to enemies on the other side.

#28 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

That sounds cool. biggrin.gif

I thought Hugo Strange sounded familiar.

#29 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:31 AM

Everything sounds good so far, please keep up the good work Rocksteady. a_thumbs.gif

#30 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:01 AM

This sounds like the Batman game to get next year. biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#31 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

If the game is finished why do we have to wait until next September? arg.gif

uc.png

#32 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Edward Uzumaki @ Dec 4 2010, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the game is finished why do we have to wait until next September? arg.gif

If they're going to spend a year polishing it, it better be the best game in the history of the world. (!)

#33 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

If anything it will be much better than Arkham Asylum was since all the improvements make it sound that much more awesome. wow.png

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#34 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

Lol, be careful not to get too hyped about it, might experience a backlash as a result. wink.gif

#35 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

Wow, this game looks and sounds like Assasin's Creed on steroids.

----------------
Now playing: Audioslave - Be Yourself
via FoxyTunes
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#36 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:16 PM

If Rocksteady and Ubisoft worked together on AC3 with the combat system of Arkham Asylum...

I would be a very happy gamer.

I can just picture an Assassin doing flips, punches and kicks in succession... and then assassinating the poor guard.

#37 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Dec 6 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Rocksteady and Ubisoft worked together on AC3 with the combat system of Arkham Asylum...

I would be a very happy gamer.

I can just picture an Assassin doing flips, punches and kicks in succession... and then assassinating the poor guard.

That would be the best Assassin's Creed game. Brotherhood's chain-kill system tries to imitate AA's combat, but it's rather clunky in comparison, and it looks more like Ezio is "teleporting" into position rather than fluidly moving into position.

#38 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:24 AM

Nice trailer but, I was hoping for in game footage! sad.gif

#39 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

Actually, I think that this trailer is similar to the Assassin's Creed trailers, they show you the gameplay, albeit exaggerated theatrically, but I think the combat will be similar to what is shown in the trailer.

#40 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Dec 13 2009, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just announced on Spike TV's VGA's the sites name is ARKHAM HAS MOVED.com.

For some reason i wonder if they are gonna mess it up. Like the bioshock team did with bioshock 2. It looks good though...
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users