68 replies to this topic

#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:12 AM

So now that the Boruto movie has come out, what do you guys think comes next?  Kishi hinted in a recent interview that he is tired of the Naruto series and wants to move on to write a new manga(I`ll post it here for those who haven't read it yet. http://www.animenews...rest-now/.90993)

If Kishi`s finished as of the Boruto movie, will SP decide to move forward without him and continue on with the new generation?  Or is this truly the end?

#2 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:23 AM

Depends on the sales for the movie+ Gaiden+ Boruto one-shot. They set it up so the the Naruto franchise can continue, even without Kishimoto, however if the following isn't profitable enough, they might just quite, when Kishimoto does.( Although, the way the anime is going with added filler episodes, it's possible they are trying to stretch as much as they can, so that the franchise continues.)

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#3 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

Naruto gt or something like that.

#4 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

My hope is that Naruto dies and never comes back again and that Kishi will never be able to do a manga ever again that to me would be true justice.

#5 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

There might be its continuation without Kishi.

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#6 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:22 PM

If there is a Naruto GT I hope it will be as bad as Dragon Ball GT

Edited by Nar123, 10 August 2015 - 01:22 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#7 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:31 PM

I don't think they would spend so much time/money/energy introducing new characters, creating manga chapters/oneshots and a movie if the DIDN'T plan to continue. 

They aren't extending the series past the end of Naruto to satisfy the fans. They are doing it to make more money. And as long as that carrot is still out there (which it obviously is) they'll continue. Otherwise why go to this effort? 

The original characters have been redesigned from Kishimoto's manga style. They have a new look, new hair, new lines on their faces. They don't look like the Naruto characters we've known.

And the next gen already look different. (And I think there's been another illustration team working on the series for a while.) So everything is in place to continue on with the series just under a different hand.

I'm curious to see what the official word is, but they made it clear a while back that Naruto would continue in another 'phase' (can't remember what the term they used was). 

I can't imagine they'd put all this effort into a next gen movie, then end the series just when the momentum gets going. After all, it's infinitely cheaper to produce black and white manga chapters than it is to make a movie. 

So I wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement come out just after the end of the movie run that the next-gen series will continue in some form. It's exactly what they did with "The Last."

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

Here are the possibilities:

Naruto could get a new movie, but it will be like all other series. Like Yu-Gi-Oh is getting one, DBZ of course, and so on. In other words, a special film. It just have to wait for the right time.

Kishi can hop back for easy success, whether it would be the same as Naruto or not, though the latter is most likely the answer. Still, it could garnered like a good number of audience. That said that is if Kishi's next work is a failure.

SP can continue on but it truly ask for a failure, no matter what. DBGT didn't survive and that one is more popular than this. So if I were them, I would just be patient and let Naruto continue handle by the original creator.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 10 August 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#9 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

I expect the reason why SP is still dragging their feet about animating the end is because they are planning out the Boruto series, soon as they think they have a plan in place they'll end Naruto and continue with the snot faced brat, they are going to milk this thing until it's bone dry.

iAnby7W.gif

#10 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

I expect the reason why SP is still dragging their feet about animating the end is because they are planning out the Boruto series, soon as they think they have a plan in place they'll end Naruto and continue with the snot faced brat, they are going to milk this thing until it's bone dry.

Of course they are planning a new series with burrito and the others. This new generation wasn't created just for shows, they weren't created just to say "Yeah everyone screwed each other and lived happily ever after", they were created to ensure the flow of money doesn't stop.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#11 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:58 PM

Of course they are planning a new series with burrito and the others. This new generation wasn't created just for shows, they weren't created just to say "Yeah everyone screwed each other and lived happily ever after", they were created to ensure the flow of money doesn't stop.

You'd think they'd use that money to resurrect the Bleach anime since  we've already had a kitten ton of chapters for SP to start producing episodes.  

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#12 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:46 PM

Shounens don't end until they stop selling. Sailor Moon ended, the anime prolonged the manga but it also ended. We got a crapload of merchandise, and now we have a reboot almost 20 years later. 

Now how many people do you hear saying they hate Sailor Moon and it's franchise? Compare that to how many people say they hate DBZ or Naruto. 

That's the thing. SJ just doesn't know when to stop. They end up destroying the series just for the sake of forced mass appeal. They need to change their gameplan.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#13 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:12 AM

Shounens don't end until they stop selling. Sailor Moon ended, the anime prolonged the manga but it also ended. We got a crapload of merchandise, and now we have a reboot almost 20 years later. 

Now how many people do you hear saying they hate Sailor Moon and it's franchise? Compare that to how many people say they hate DBZ or Naruto. 

That's the thing. SJ just doesn't know when to stop. They end up destroying the series just for the sake of forced mass appeal. They need to change their gameplan.

There's nothing wrong with that.

#14 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:06 PM

What? There is nothing wrong in continuing whatever series in a badly done manner just because of money?

Look I'm okay with it as long as quality material is still delivered in the end for fans, but look at what happened with the Sailor Moon remake and it's awful animation, what is unfortunately happening with DBS too and Naruto is one of the biggest example of them all, because not only animation sucks but the little plot it has left was completely dumbed down and turned into crap.

The industry should know when and how to stop.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

The future of the series................. SHOULD HAVE NO FUTURE. :dry: That is is all. :yes:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#16 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:41 PM

I agree. If SJ isn't profitable they cease to exist. 

#17 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:18 PM

I agree. If SJ isn't profitable they cease to exist. 

And it's tragic they're just gonna destroy the good Naruto had, even if it's been shown to be trash. =/

#18 12771a

12771a

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:53 AM

According to spoilers from NB the villains are working for Kaguya so they aren't the threat. Plus I feel like Kishi or SP won't let these new gen to waste.

tumblr_muw6dyQ0dw1qjcgkbo1_500.gif

#19 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:41 AM

Easy Question with a simple answer:

dth.gif

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#20 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:13 AM

What? There is nothing wrong in continuing whatever series in a badly done manner just because of money?

Look I'm okay with it as long as quality material is still delivered in the end for fans, but look at what happened with the Sailor Moon remake and it's awful animation, what is unfortunately happening with DBS too and Naruto is one of the biggest example of them all, because not only animation sucks but the little plot it has left was completely dumbed down and turned into crap.

The industry should know when and how to stop.

It will stop if it doesn't create money.

Or if it's not profitable.

Edited by rocci, 12 August 2015 - 11:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users