36 replies to this topic

#21 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:03 AM

I just have this innate fear that one is going to crash right on top of me.

Hey, at least you (probably) wouldn't see it coming like I'm sure Kobe did! (God damn it.)

#22 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:23 AM

This is why I'm terrified of flying and I dont want to hear anyone's statistics on how flying is mostly safe.

You should watch this:

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#23 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 28 January 2020 - 12:49 PM

Well thanks for that. Not like the noise in the first 10seconds horrified me or anything :zaru:

But yea if i can't take a car, train or a boat not very keen on traveling.

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 28 January 2020 - 12:50 PM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#24 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:15 PM

Life really is fragile...

This is why I'm terrified of flying and I dont want to hear anyone's statistics on how flying is mostly safe.

That being said on the topic of him being a good/bad person...the fact of the mater is we live in a world where people DO lie and anyone can say anything.

I don't know jackkitten about Kobe as a person and I venture to guess no one here knew him personally but as a woman the whole "believe all women" thing deeply bothers me. Women can lie. Women DO lie. What I have to believe are not accusations but facts.

I think Casey Anthony killed her kid, she went to court and was proven "not guilty" in the eyes of the law. her case was tried before an actual court,Kobe's was not. We don't get to hear defense and prosecution make their case or provide evidence.

So everything about it is essentially he said, she said and will remain that way.

Look if you read the case you'd know this is not a he said she said situation. It's his word vs bruises, a rape-kit that proved injuries, her blood on his clothes, accused's changed testimony after evidence shows up. The case was dropped because the victim's name was leaked, so she refused to testify. There is more but I'll leave it at that. I really wanted to be fair to both people involved, so I googled the kitten out of the case before forming an opinion.

I have to point out that while you criticize "believe all women", you are the one that made empty assumptions. 

ナルサク

#25 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:41 PM

Actually I did read the case which includes her wearing underwear to the rape examination which had another mans seman in it because she "put dirty underwear on by mistake." And also the part where Kobe made a statement saying "he believed it was consensual but came to understand how the victim didnt feel that it was."

There was no part in which I said "no Kobe is totally a good person." It was "none of us will ever know what happened and it was never tried but the idea that I'm simply supposed to believe someone because they have a kitten is funny to me."

you do know that bruises and bleeding can happen in consensual sex though, right?

I really hate how you seem To think that just because someone disagrees with you it must mean they just dont know as much as you do. Frankly, its condescending but this is going to be all that I say on the subject.

#26 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:36 PM

Look if you read the case you'd know this is not a he said she said situation. It's his word vs bruises, a rape-kit that proved injuries, her blood on his clothes, accused's changed testimony after evidence shows up. The case was dropped because the victim's name was leaked, so she refused to testify. There is more but I'll leave it at that. I really wanted to be fair to both people involved, so I googled the kitten out of the case before forming an opinion.

I have to point out that while you criticize "believe all women", you are the one that made empty assumptions. 

You don't seem to want to leave it at anything. I tried to allow you to do that a number of times but you seem to think that the only reasonable conclusion is that Kobe was a rapist. Hell even though I was clearly deeply offended by what you said, you STILL assumed that I agreed with you! How does someone even MANAGE that?

Tell me, what DO you know about him? Anything at all? And I'm NOT referring to charity or something else that any moron with millions of dollars can do. If you KNEW SOMETHING about him, you might come to understand the perspective of someone who feels confident that he didn't break the law. Or even someone who feels neutral about it like Tsuki (and you've just shown you aren't even willing to tolerate that)

I will tell you that at the time, I remember finding the claim possible, even credible. But sitting here now it's closer to being LAUGHABLE. Because the last thing that he was was an ignorantly brutish, black athlete who wouldn't know what a woman saying no means. A racist caricature raping a white woman. And despite the fact that her identity was supposed to have been leaked that's all I know about her to this day.

I know that she was white and I know you're running a dead man's name through the mud. But I don't know WHY you would do such a thing.

Edited by DrK, 29 January 2020 - 10:13 PM.

#27 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:18 PM

Actually I did read the case which includes her wearing underwear to the rape examination which had another mans seman in it because she "put dirty underwear on by mistake." And also the part where Kobe made a statement saying "he believed it was consensual but came to understand how the victim didnt feel that it was."

There was no part in which I said "no Kobe is totally a good person." It was "none of us will ever know what happened and it was never tried but the idea that I'm simply supposed to believe someone because they have a kitten is funny to me."

you do know that bruises and bleeding can happen in consensual sex though, right?

I really hate how you seem To think that just because someone disagrees with you it must mean they just dont know as much as you do. Frankly, its condescending but this is going to be all that I say on the subject.

Sorry about that.

Drk. I wasn't replying to you. Don't tell me I wouldn't leave it.

Edited by sushi., 29 January 2020 - 10:20 PM.

ナルサク

#28 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:51 PM

Sorry about that.

Drk. I wasn't replying to you. Don't tell me I wouldn't leave it.

It's not as if Tsuki was quoting you. She gave her view which you were under no obligation to respond to.

But it would change nothing for me if she had. YOU are free to stop responding but I will not allow you to kitten on Kobe (or anyone else I respect, esp. if they are DEAD) on this forum (or anywhere else I'm aware of.)

If you want to show off your lack of sensitivity on this issue, do it elsewhere.

I'm sure there are thousands of places on the internet where you can virtue signal without me seeing it!

#29 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:15 AM

Guys, please do not talk about that incident back around 2003-14. We already had Twitter brought that topic up after Kobe passed.  Please be respectful. (Don't make me bring my Kage hat here!)

Edited by Derock, 07 February 2020 - 01:02 AM.
Incorrect years of incident

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#30 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 07:53 AM

The saddest part of why Kobe Bryant died is he was taking helicopters to better get around LA so he could spend more time with his daughters. Especially since he did this because he'd know how busy the roads of Los Angeles can be and how MASSIVE it is too.

#31 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:27 AM

The saddest part of why Kobe Bryant died is he was taking helicopters to better get around LA so he could spend more time with his daughters. Especially since he did this because he'd know how busy the roads of Los Angeles can be and how MASSIVE it is too.

Not like San Francisco, which is about the size of a Post-it note.

It KILLS me that they're both dead because Kobe cared to spend time with his daughter. There's no sense in it. He bothered not only to take her to her basketball games but also to COACH them.

And Kobe was a ghost in NBA circles after he retired. He genuinely didn't miss it when he walked away from it. He was done. But he got back into basketball because of his daughter. And he truly saw the value and potential in women's basketball as a result. Which is something I've always been very cynical about.

I'm also someone who's generally quite cynical and disinterested in celebrities. And Kobe was not my favorite player. But I'm humbled all the same.

Something singularly irreplaceable was lost when that helicopter crashed. Of that I have no doubt at all.

#32 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:26 PM

the #girldad tributes that have sprung up because of his passing have been so touching too.

#33 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:47 PM

The worst part of this-- beyond the obvious, is that Kobe's wife didnt just lose a husband but a child too.

Tragic having to deal with one loss but with two...well i wish her the best.

#34 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:12 PM

The worst part of this-- beyond the obvious, is that Kobe's wife didnt just lose a husband but a child too.

Tragic having to deal with one loss but with two...well i wish her the best.

I wish Vanessa Bryant the best as well, Tsuki, considering she has to be hurting the worst of everyone, but I also imagine everyone else who lost someone in that crash has to be hurting a lot too.

#35 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:43 PM

That's true, but I imagine being in the public eye while you're trying to mourn just adds another level.

Again this is why I refuse to fly....

#36 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:10 AM

Lebron's team is wearing Gianna's number in honor of Kobe's daughter. Reason. Is because of his daughter.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#37 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:13 PM

I'm watching his memorial and watching his wife speak is heartbreaking.

509356167_759751.gif?4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users