8039 replies to this topic

#7521 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

Everyone should be $400,000,000 bounty or higher in the end, so yeah they all need to get much stronger. Which means everyone of them needs haki, right?

Most of them. I don't think Nami will get it because it won't add much to her fighting style. Usopp is weaker than her, but to be the best sniper he severely needed it. Though I have to wonder how Usopp will not surpass Nami because he's first and foremost a fighter, but for her fighting comes second. :/

The ones that have gotten the longest fights are Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, and Franky. Robin and Brook have shorter fights but tend to finish thing quickly, or be support - which isn't a bad thing because Brook in recent chapters have been awesome and Robin's DF was extremely useful on DR. Chopper and Nami rarely have fights anymore(I'm haven't completely caught up to the manga though), so I think if everyone gets Haki it might happen in the order above, since it's often awakened when they're struggling.

My point was that they don't need to be monsters to have Haki, I think it's a fairly common thing in the new world, so they should be caught up. And vice admirals aren't that strong, all endgame SH's should be able to take on an average VA.

I've been wondering something btw if anyone understand, how could Jack swim back up after getting smacked by that elephant? In a recent episode he was on the bottom of the ocean but he survived. When Luffy sees seastone he becomes completely limb and I thought all DF users had that weakness.. :headscratch: :headscratch:

ナルサク

#7522 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:29 AM

@sushi
I disagree on nami, I think nami will get haki in the form of observation. I think both of them will get it.

While usop is a sniper, nami is the wizard with the capability to perform aoe attack. I think if she could get Prometheus and Zeus she would be above usop.

I think someone will help jack. I agree with the rest of your post.

#7523 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:42 AM

I've been wondering something btw if anyone understand, how could Jack swim back up after getting smacked by that elephant? In a recent episode he was on the bottom of the ocean but he survived. When Luffy sees seastone he becomes completely limb and I thought all DF users had that weakness.. :headscratch: :headscratch:

Jack is a DF user, but him not passing out in the water has made people believe he could also be a fishman. It would explain why he isn't suffocating.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#7524 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:01 AM

@sushi
I disagree on nami, I think nami will get haki in the form of observation. I think both of them will get it.

While usop is a sniper, nami is the wizard with the capability to perform aoe attack. I think if she could get Prometheus and Zeus she would be above usop.

I think someone will help jack. I agree with the rest of your post.

I forgot about the observation's Haki all of them should get that I was just thinking of the Armament which is what Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp have awakened.

I'd rather see Nami use her tempo than Prometheous and Zeus, because I don't want her to lose her signature weapon, and becsuse they can only be controlled with BM's fruit. Their powers are similar anyway.

You might be right that he might behalf merman FY, cus even if someone saved him he was just napping at the bottom of the sea with no problems.

Edited by sushi., 17 May 2017 - 03:15 AM.

ナルサク

#7525 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:48 AM

I forgot about the observation's Haki all of them should get that I was just thinking of the Armament which is what Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp have awakened.
I'd rather see Nami use her tempo than Prometheous and Zeus, because I don't want her to lose her signature weapon, and becsuse they can only be controlled with BM's fruit. Their powers are similar anyway.
You might be right that he might behalf merman FY, cus even if someone saved him he was just napping at the bottom of the sea with no problems.

Usopp has not unlocked Armament.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#7526 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:53 AM

Yes he has. :kappa_girl:

2XtVwF6.png

#7527 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:05 AM

was is observations then?

ナルサク

#7528 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

was is observations then?

Yeah

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#7529 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

I heard the next chapter isn't before the 29th? :Ooo or is that the official release and they're still released the wed/thurs before?

two weeks break anyway D:

ナルサク

#7530 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:12 AM

I finally got around to see One Piece Film Gold and woah i gotta say this was definitely one of the best one piece films I've seen. That being said is it the best One Piece Film ever?  No I don't necessarily think so, but that doesn't mean I hate the movie. It's probably my #2 for the One Piece movies...  Strong World is considered the best movie in my eyes.  

What i really loved about this movie was that it wasn't your stereotypical shounen film it was a heist film which damn that caught me by surprise, and what makes it so rememorable is Carina's character I didn't think I was gonna care about her based on the trailers, but after Heart of Gold with that small scene I was like I kinda wanna know more about her and man the twists and turns this movie had was just perfect. Tessaro was a great villain too and man his backstory was damn tragic. The fights were great too.  The fact that this movie tied in Carina's character with Nami was amazing too. The comedy as always is pretty damn spot on, and I'm definitely gonna get this on bluray on thursday .

Overall rating:  Amazing

Just cause I love these two... LuNa greatness: 

tumblr_oidjyqPHck1qm8489o1_1280.jpg

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#7531 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:10 AM

This is a pretty long overdue video on my part.. needless to say I've been up to date with the manga, but you can thank Film Gold for really rejuvenating my love for One Piece even further than where it was:

Also my live reaction to the latest chapter will take place too whenever it comes out.  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 25 May 2017 - 05:10 AM.

#7532 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

ELLLLBBAAAAAFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My prediction from the beginning of the arc is still looking very possible. Big Mom grew to want everybody of all races to live together in peace because of Mother Caramel. So with Fishman Island trying to do the same, 100% certain Big Mom forms an alliance with Luffy. Makes sense because Kaido is about to start a war and already has 3 supernova on his side (with Kid and Killer possibly joining as well)

Kaido w/ Kid, Apoo, Hawkins, Drake, and Killer

Big Mom w/ Luffy, Law, Bonney, Bege, and Zoro

War will begin in Wano Arc.

To add to this prediction; Reiju will save Big Mom, helping to settle a need of peace from both sides.

I've seen many Youtubers come up with this same theory.

2XtVwF6.png

#7533 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

My first live reaction to a One Piece Chapter in a long time, really excited to jump in: 

#7534 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

My prediction from the beginning of the arc is still looking very possible. Big Mom grew to want everybody of all races to live together in peace because of Mother Caramel. So with Fishman Island trying to do the same, 100% certain Big Mom forms an alliance with Luffy. Makes sense because Kaido is about to start a war and already has 3 supernova on his side (with Kid and Killer possibly joining as well)

To add to this prediction; Reiju will save Big Mom, helping to settle a need of peace from both sides.

Probably those ideals were offset by her "hunger rampages"

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7535 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

That's actually quite interesting and I don't see them defeating Kaido without another Yonko's help. I wonder ofc, what would make BM interesting in taking Kaido, and how she'll make an alliance without dictating it. Because neother her nor Luffy would accept being under someone.

Maybe Luffy will charm her somehow, like what he did to the Boa sisters. He used the mark they didn't want seen back then, they instantly became loyal to him, and now he might soften her heart with Mother Caramel. 🤔 It's the power Mihawk explained at Marineford when fighting WB's swordsman.

ナルサク

#7536 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, the entire thing was kinda bad. To be fair though, that I expected more out of Usopp is my fault, given that he had never given me any license to expect something more from him.

I remember that, she's been hilarious in this arc. If I had to pick, it would probably be the Luffy/Nami vs the army sequence. She showed so much development there...I think it's cool that Nami shines particularly when it involves Luffy. It makes the dynamic of their relationship that much more special.

I wouldn't really say that, everyone was excepting more out of Ussop due to how Oda reintroduced him him in the timeskip saying how he was a real warrior now.

In many ways I wish the Narusaku dynamic was like the luffy/nami one were they'd support each other in combat

I doubt Luffy or Big Mom would ever team up with each other they hate each other too much, since Big Mom threatened Fisherman island and planned to kill Sanji while Big Mom hates luffy for eating her sweets, beating her son and destroying her cake.

#7537 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, unfortunately we only got the Narusaku team up in the last parts of the manga right up till the Madara/Kaguya fight :down:

But anyway I am interested to see where this flashback is going although a lot are annoyed with this taking place right in the middle of the raid 

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7538 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

I wouldn't really say that, everyone was excepting more out of Ussop due to how Oda reintroduced him him in the timeskip saying how he was a real warrior now.

In many ways I wish the Narusaku dynamic was like the luffy/nami one were they'd support each other in combat

I doubt Luffy or Big Mom would ever team up with each other they hate each other too much, since Big Mom threatened Fisherman island and planned to kill Sanji while Big Mom hates luffy for eating her sweets, beating her son and destroying her cake.

Thing is the way they're trying to kill BM right now is very morally wrong. It's dark and they're taking advantage of her emotional weakness, essentially taking a woman while she's down. They're pirates and evil according to the WG, but in actuality they save people. That's why I feel like Oda may turn the situation around, there has to be a twist to it. Seemingly she would either die or fight back this week, but instead there was a symphatic and sad flashback. It's much like how Naruto villains have been redeemed, and BM seems a more misunderstood character now.

Interesting vid. It convinced me.

Edited by sushi., 29 May 2017 - 01:51 PM.

ナルサク

#7539 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:46 AM

Big mom is "evil" and she will be redeem once luffy send her flying.

I never thought that she's just op overgrown human.

It kinda mess up does it.

#7540 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

That ending is messed up. Now we have to wait and see how she becomes the way she is now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)