2117 replies to this topic

#1601 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:18 AM

Ah well, I love the fight scenes, the themes of friendship, justice, and self sacrifice, the Seiya and Saori romance subplot, :chuckle: the different mythological and religious themes to it like Greek Mythology, Norse mythology, the Apple of Eden etc. the cloths, and the cosmo powers :happy:

Now for the the Saint Seiya things I don't really like, or feel could be better, are more team fights to showcase friendship and group effort more. I feel that even if Saori cannot fight as Athena, she should get more involved in the plot rather than having the saints saving her all the time because I feel that the "saving the world" theme would have more impact that way, and because Athena fights defensive warfare according to Greek Mythology. I wish the Athena Exclamation should have been explained more in how it works and why it was made. And Lastly I feel the final Battle against Hades could have been MUCH better than what we got, I was hoping for an epic last battle that would be a lot of emotional, to set the stage for ND. But other than that, there are very few problems I have with the series :smile:

By the way bud, if people complain about Aphrodite fighting with Roses, I don't see why people don't complain about Shun fighting with chains. In fact Saga does not fight hand to hand either, he uses buddhist themed meditation cosmo attacks. It does not make sense to me :shrug:

Very good post I will answer your questions one by one, but before that I am going to tell you what and what not I like of Saint Seiya.

The things that I like in SS is the anime, easy and simple. The first thing that I have in SS without it probably I Should have not known anime or manga in general. The sounds, the scenes, the music, when the characters are in move oh man that is amazing. I know Toei take some liberties, but I approve them most of the time. I know the manga is the master piece of SS and like one fan in You tube said  respect the manga for being the main core.

What thing I don't like in SS? I was asking myself that, but really I didn't know what until I listen something in You tube in Universo Saint Seiya, I heard that person and well I was I agree with him. I don't like the criticism of the fandom I mean the fandom in SS is being toxic. We know that right now in the series are not so good, but come on you can say you don't like it, but flame the series is not correct and more I don't like is the fanboys of Lost Canvas that still waiting for the anime, many think that LC better than the classic. They exploded with the news of Sho .

Hey bud where do you hear that they don't like Aphrodite's attack is with roses? I mean I didn't know that. In fact many fans were complementing that in Omega the Gold Saint of Pisces didn't have roses XD.    

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#1602 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

Oh nowhere in particular, I just heard generally there ARE groups that think that. I haven't seen any complaints on my end though.

And yeah the unfortunate thing about anime, even the great ones have toxic fandoms that flame and bash the series for no good reason. Every popular series has that, that is actually why I don't show that I love anime in public because I see too much negativity on my favourite series. And almost all of that negativity is not even thoughtful or accurate criticism just mindless fans or haters loving or hating the series just to "follow the crowd"

And also How is LC better than the original? :confused: from where I left off, there is not much difference in the plot structure or core themes of the story. Fans really don't speak with their brains sometimes lol 

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1603 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:32 PM

Oh nowhere in particular, I just heard generally there ARE groups that think that. I haven't seen any complaints on my end though.

And yeah the unfortunate thing about anime, even the great ones have toxic fandoms that flame and bash the series for no good reason. Every popular series has that, that is actually why I don't show that I love anime in public because I see too much negativity on my favourite series. And almost all of that negativity is not even thoughtful or accurate criticism just mindless fans or haters loving or hating the series just to "follow the crowd"

And also How is LC better than the original? :confused: from where I left off, there is not much difference in the plot structure or core themes of the story. Fans really don't speak with their brains sometimes lol 

Well man the thing is that new or generation are used to the new type of anime and SS is from the old, looks like they forget about the old animation  :zaru:

#1604 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:07 AM

I just discover that SS English Dub committed two mortal sins, Hyoga is  someone who practice surf and he is not from Siberia and Esmeralda was alive.

#1605 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:25 AM

that was the Dic dub though lol the second english Dub did a much better job :)

#1606 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

that was the Dic dub though lol the second english Dub did a much better job :)

True that unfortunately  was not complete and the subs needs a fix.

#1607 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

Well fortunately neither was the Dic dub :hehehe:

#1608 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:31 PM

I watch a video that I think would interesting to post some lies that the fans believe were true.

You know about what Libra House.

Camus and Milo were not friends was a lie.

Xula is not the most loyal Gold Saint as the anime said. In the manga new about evil Saga plot.

Seiya is not the slayer of gods.

Athena is not weak as we thought. Saga fell before her words, she defeated Poseidon and Hades.

#1609 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

This fandub in Engilsh oh man.

#1610 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

I watch a video that I think would interesting to post some lies that the fans believe were true.

You know about what Libra House.

Camus and Milo were not friends was a lie.

Xula is not the most loyal Gold Saint as the anime said. In the manga new about evil Saga plot.

Seiya is not the slayer of gods.

Athena is not weak as we thought. Saga fell before her words, she defeated Poseidon and Hades.

Well Obviously, people misinterpret her as weak because she never uses her Cosmo offensively. They tend to forget she never had any formal training to use her Cosmo to fight, so what she did to Poseidon and Hades is amazing, How Saga dies in the manga is a bit different He kills himself by stabbing his heart with his own fingers, whereas he impales Himself on Saori's Nike Staff in the anime 

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 June 2017 - 08:55 PM.

#1611 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:21 AM

Well Obviously, people misinterpret her as weak because she never uses her Cosmo offensively. They tend to forget she never had any formal training to use her Cosmo to fight, so what she did to Poseidon and Hades is amazing, How Saga dies in the manga is a bit different He kills himself by stabbing his heart with his own fingers, whereas he impales Himself on Saori's Nike Staff in the anime 

Let's not count out Chimaki's concept bring the weakness of Saori as human, something that Kurumada didn't point out as I know.

#1612 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

If the Saintias could have this kind of battles in the anime do you think would save the anime? 0:53-1:38.

Edited by Liu bie, 19 June 2017 - 12:06 AM.

#1613 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:46 AM

I'm not too sure actually. It depends on whether the audience cares that much about the fight scenes, and it varies from person to person.

#1614 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:54 AM

I'm not too sure actually. It depends on whether the audience cares that much about the fight scenes, and it varies from person to person.

True, the thing is that the Saintias will have the fame  and the fandom thing they will be like Sailor Moon girly and so. The possible way is that they have to be more rude and have a battle like the Shaina vs Seiya with the Final Soldier.

#1615 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:02 PM

I watched episode 30 the good English dub  :chuckle: burning Cosmos of Love.

#1616 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

I watched the english dub of that episode at least 5 times and just keep repeating the scenes between Seiya and Saori :D

#1617 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

I watched the english dub of that episode at least 5 times and just keep repeating the scenes between Seiya and Saori :D

That was mostly the confession of Saori, but while we are waiting the the canon why not you  watch episode 91-92 of Omega so you can enjoy some SaoSei I mean you won't watch Omega at least watch those episodes. For me those episode is the answer of Seiya after all this time.

Edited by Liu bie, 25 June 2017 - 07:10 PM.

#1618 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

Nah it's fine I'm waiting For ND :D and Saintia Shou

#1619 Liu bie